WOW - Google SketchUp Guides / Model Reviewers working overtime.

SnowTiger

Aug 7, 2009, 10:29:14 AM8/7/09
to Google SketchUp Help - 3D Warehouse and Modeling for Google Earth
I am super impressed with the speed in which the Model Reviewers are
getting around to reviewing models lately.

I have uploaded 4 models since July 30.
All 4 have been approved as of today.

Not only am I obviously pleased with having been approved, I am more
impressed with very short time it has take Google to get to the
review.
Either there have been fewer models for them to review lately and/or
they are simply working faster all the time.
I get the feeling they are tireless in their efforts.

My hat is off to all of them/you.

Thanks again Google. Especially for giving me/us this opportunity to
share our artistic talents globally.

Damo

Aug 7, 2009, 10:45:02 AM8/7/09
to Google SketchUp Help - 3D Warehouse and Modeling for Google Earth
I Concure with Snowtiger.
Also, when I joined twitter, I was pleasantly surprised to find the
Warehouse Team had a page with very frequent posts/updates (link below
& just noticed a post announcing "this weeks 3D release is live. check
for your models" a few minutes ago) :D

http://twitter.com/3DWH

Finally, a Huge Thanks for accepting my version of The Eiffel Tower =D
Keep up the good work 3d warehouse team & fellow modellers.

SnowTiger

Aug 7, 2009, 11:26:36 AM8/7/09
to Google SketchUp Help - 3D Warehouse and Modeling for Google Earth
Hi Damo

Your The Eiffel Tower is phenomenal as are all of your models that I
have seen to date.
I hope and trust both you and Gaieus will soon have your day as
"Featured Modelers" because you both deserve it.
My skills have a long way to go to match or equal those of either of
you, but the inspiration I get from you and others like you keeps me
working at it with hopes of someday getting that good.

If I ever do get that good at modeling, my next challenge will be to
find buildings worthy of modeling, that haven't already been modeled.
The best that Canada has to offer has largely already been modeled,
but there are still a few. Unfortunately, neither Canada nor the USA
have the rich historical architecture that Europe has to choose from
for modeling subjects, but there are many uniquely modern structures
to model.

Anyway, I have fallen in love with this hobby (and part-time
profession). I am thankful for the opportunity.

GaryM

Aug 9, 2009, 11:10:54 PM8/9/09
to Google SketchUp Help - 3D Warehouse and Modeling for Google Earth
Hey, Damo, congrats on the Eiffel Tower. It richly deserved it.