Revising my model

jane

Nov 30, 2006, 8:00:43 AM11/30/06
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth
I read the article on revising my model but have a problem in that my
pc crashed and I lost my saved model in sketchup. I have downloaded it
again from 3d warehouse and made some changes. Will I have to remove
the old model and reenter all the details again to send new model?

Thanks

Henry Anthony

Nov 30, 2006, 8:27:17 AM11/30/06
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth
Jane,

You can upload the model with the same name and it will replace the one
in the 3d Warehouse.

Regards,
Henry

José Manuel González Iglesias

Nov 30, 2006, 8:34:28 AM11/30/06
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hi jane:
You need to enter in the 3D warehouse and choose My Models, then remove.
Now you are ready to upload the new with the changes you hav made.
I am not fluen in English.

José Manuel González Iglesias

Nov 30, 2006, 8:35:46 AM11/30/06
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
Hi jane:
You need to enter in the 3D warehouse and choose My Models, then remove.
Now you are ready to upload the new with the changes you have made.
I am not fluent in English.

Gaieus

Dec 2, 2006, 5:47:32 AM12/2/06
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth

Well, Henry, I did it before and it did not work - for ME at least. So
I had to erase my old model and then replace it with the new one.

But who know what works how - maybe just some settings...

Gai...

Henry Anthony

Dec 2, 2006, 8:27:54 AM12/2/06
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth
Gai,

I've done as I described several times. I even checked that it worked
before I posted my suggestion. As you say, who knows?

Regards,
Henry

Jim

Dec 2, 2006, 10:05:30 AM12/2/06
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth
The first time you upload a model, 3D Warehouse assigns a unique ID
(mid number) to the model. The ID becomes an attribute of your model.

To check if your model has a mid number, use this code in the Ruby
Console:

Sketchup.active_model.get_attribute('3DWarehouse', 'ModelID')

You can also set the mid if you want a model to overwrite a currently
uploaded model. First view the details page of the model you want to
replace. Copy the mid number from your web browser. (Don't use the
SketchUp builtin browser.) Then use the followinf code snippet to set
the model id number. Replace ###### with the actual ID.

Sketchup.active_model.set_attribute('3DWarehouse', 'ModelID',
"#######")

Be sure to save the model after setting the model ID (or after
uploading to the 3DW.) If you don't save the model, the mid number is
lost.

Gaieus

Dec 16, 2006, 8:39:24 AM12/16/06
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth
Thanks Jim,

I'll try this for I always had a problem that you cannot "refresh" your
model in the 3DWH (in a "normal" way) so once I make some changes I
need to upload it again but it involves problems that in these threads
for instance, the posted links become obsolate and some (probably) 404
errors occur.

Actually, I also lack a possibility here in these forums that you
cannot go back and edit your message either for some spelling
(mistyping) mistakes or you change your mind or whatever else reason.
But I guess that's life and we have to learn to live with this
feature...

Gai...

Gaieus

Dec 16, 2006, 9:08:18 AM12/16/06
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth
Well, Jim,

I tried and it DID work - as usually!
Great! Thanks for sharing this trick!
:-)

Gai...

hectorar...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2007, 7:57:50 AM1/11/07
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth
I would replace my 3D model in Google Earth.

hectorar...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2007, 7:59:46 AM1/11/07
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth
I would replace a model I uploaded in Google Earth... How can I replace
it?

hectorar...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2007, 8:02:59 AM1/11/07
to Google SketchUp Help - Using SketchUp with the 3D Warehouse and Google Earth