Instructions for posting service mappings to 301works.org via the Gnip platform

Shane Pearson

Aug 17, 2009, 6:02:29 PM8/17/09
to 301works
Hello everyone,

The following are a short set of instructions that shortening
providers can follow to get ready to push their mappings to Gnip and
then when they are ready make those mappings available via the
301works.org web site.

<<<< 301works: Instructions for service providers to publish
mappings to Gnip>>>>

1. Create an account on the Gnip platform at http://api.gnip.com

2. Download the Gnip convenience library of your choice at:
http://github.com/gnip. If you prefer you can also CURL the Gnip
endpoints, but we recommend using the convenience libraries.

3. Gnip will create a data publisher using on our platform with the
following naming convention. https://api-v21.gnip.com/my[service
name]/

For example, the endpoint for a shortening service with the name
awe.sm would be https://api-v21.gnip.com/my/publishers/awe.sm/ .
Publishers with a .com TLD can will be named without the TLD such as
https://api-v21.gnip.com/my/publishers/delivr/

4. Each service provider needs to submit their mappings in the correct
format. This requires publishing a view of your mapping data into
the agreed 301works data schema, which is a subset of the Gnip Schema
(https://api-v21.gnip.com/schema/gnip.xsd)

The 301works data schema can be viewed in the shared document (web app
and data schema overview) the Google Group at: http://groups.google.com/group/301works.

5. Contact Gnip to let us know how often you plan to post your
mappings. Gnip can support real time or batch updates. POST the
date in the proper format to the correctly scoped URL
https://api-v21.gnip.com/my/publishers/[service provider]/activity.xml

6. Notify Gnip when you are ready for your mappings to be made public
via the 301works.org website so we can promote your publisher to a
public setting. If the service provider is only using 301works.org for
archival this step is not necessary, but we would ask that the service
provider confirm with Gnip the preference for only using the archival
mode.

For more detailed information on Gnip data publishers review:
http://www.gnip.com/docs. Please contact ing...@gnip.com or
sh...@gnip.com with any questions.

Cheers,
Shane Pearson