Happy Queen's Birthday Weekend!

David Fernée

Jun 13, 2021, 12:36:50 AM6/13/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Dear 2600-Australia,

Hope you are having a pleasant weekend and God Save the Queen - YouTube.

Kind regards,

David

P.S. Please note Ross Anderson, Security Engineering third edition in the right hand corner.

Sid E

Jun 13, 2021, 3:05:37 AM6/13/21
to 2600-australia

A Queen?

I thought we lived under an oppressive patriarchy run by boomers - since when did we have women in power?

David Fernée

Jun 13, 2021, 3:17:37 AM6/13/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
I tend to take The Australian Constitution (The Australian Constitution – Parliament of Australia (aph.gov.au)) literally... More fool me these days I suppose!

I suppose a federation with New Zealand could be proposed, the Parliament could be in Wellington and The Right Honourable Jacinda Ardern MP could serve as Prime Minister of the Federation of Australia and New Zealand?

Referendum?

On 13 Jun 2021 2:36 pm, "David Fernée" <dave....@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear 2600-Australia,

Hope you are having a pleasant weekend and God Save the Queen - YouTube.

Kind regards,

David

P.S. Please note Ross Anderson, Security Engineering third edition in the right hand corner.

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Sid E

Jun 13, 2021, 3:26:06 AM6/13/21
to 2600-australia

No one but bogans and conservatives believe in the Constitution these days.

Remember its still current year, defund the police and open the borders!

On 13 Jun 2021 5:17 pm, "David Fernée" <dave....@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

David Fernée

Jun 13, 2021, 3:38:42 AM6/13/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Can I be both bogan and conservative?

Interesting proposition... Immigration en masse from Indonesia, India and China... Could be almost like a Physical DDoS attack on the agriculture, livestock, retail and housing markets in Australia not to mention Information Technology or Telecommunications. Can I move to the UK or Canada while it happens instead?

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 at 17:26, Sid E <side...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Sid E

Jun 13, 2021, 3:44:35 AM6/13/21
to 2600-australia

Both of those countries have very strict hate speech laws, so as long as you don't have an opinion that could hurt someones feelings, you should be good.

At least if you get convicted of something in UK they'll just send you to Australia!

On 13 Jun 2021 5:38 pm, "David Fernée" <dave....@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

David Fernée

Jun 13, 2021, 3:54:31 AM6/13/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Better practice my handstand push-ups in case I get sent to prison: Handstand Pushups - YouTube. Or was that Nicholas Cage?

To post, send email to: 2600-au...@googlegroups.com

For 2600 monthly meetings, visit http://www.2600AU.org

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Sid E

Jun 13, 2021, 4:03:05 AM6/13/21
to 2600-australia

Actually if you can do that you can just eliminate all the witnesses, and not worry about jail.

Probably less hassle in the long term

To post, send email to: 2600-australia@googlegroups.com

For 2600 monthly meetings, visit http://www.2600AU.org

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

David Fernée

Jun 13, 2021, 4:16:01 AM6/13/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Yeah... But there's this fiddly thing called the Constitution and there's laws and stuff. Not to mention human rights and duties as a citizen that may not specifically be written down in modern legislation. To quote British Member of Parliament William Lamb, "the possession of great power necessarily implies great responsibility." Or Stan Lee in Spiderman, "with great power comes great responsibility."

Question: You can pwn a box without anyone knowing (or anyone that you know about knowing). Do you do it?

To post, send email to: 2600-au...@googlegroups.com

For 2600 monthly meetings, visit http://www.2600AU.org

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Sid E

ad...@reviews.wox.org

Jun 18, 2021, 8:43:42 PM6/18/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
What commonwealth constitution..  the same one that doesn't recognise local council or land rates but we get charged them anyway, the same one that  defines a levy as a temp toll to pay off a public asset; yet we have a purpetual fuel levy that doubles the price, the same one that means the entire Australian commonwealth has been floated on the US stock exchange and has shareholders unknown to most of Australia, and the same one that allows crooked politicians when someone attempts to serve court papers on them missusing the anti-terrorism laws to send thugs around to beat up their mother and arrest them for no reason.

Ohh that constitution.   Gotcha.

On 14/06/2021 3:58 pm, Sid E wrote:

Today is the real reason people don't complain about the Constitution - a public holiday!

New and improved 2600... well..  ..we drew on some flames and polished it a bit..
--
Google - making sure, life is no more, than 1984...

David Fernée

Jun 18, 2021, 9:02:14 PM6/18/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Well... The Australian Constitution recognises the laws of each State of the Commonwealth (Chapter V. The States. – Parliament of Australia (aph.gov.au)). An act under the Parliament of Victoria is this: Local Government Act 2020 (legislation.vic.gov.au). There seems to be something about rates in there.

If you have any suggestions for modifications to any law in Australia, you could put them to your local member and they may be able to help change them using their powers as elected representatives under the Constitution.

If someone has misused the anti-terrorism laws, there are ways to report it and those that misused them can be prosecuted using the Judicature established under the constitution (Chapter III. The Judicature. – Parliament of Australia (aph.gov.au))

None of this is my area, so please don't take this as legal advice. If you do need some, there are some lawyers about from what I understand.

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Sid E

Jun 19, 2021, 2:23:55 AM6/19/21
to 2600-australia

friendlyjordies and co deserved to be arrested, just not by the anti terrorist squad.

He was served notices twice, yet afterwards still got his producer or editor to harass someone about it while leaving a funeral - then lied to everyone because he assumed that being served documents meant them physically being put in his hand.

However in saying all that, as much as I don't like the little fuckwit, he should be allowed to criticize, question and make fun of ANY political or public figures that control our government.

Even the conditions on the AVO are absolutely insane, stay 200m away, sure. Banning someone from having a cartoon drawing of a politician? WTF? Like Winnie the Pooh?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!