Computer locks up

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

L.D.

未讀,
2007年7月10日 晚上11:33:442007/7/10
收件者:
I have an Acer 5100 with vista and 1024 ram and use it wireless with a
netgear 614 router. I am using Seamonkey browser.It is less than 3
months old. It has started locking up, no pattern, some time after only
a few min. of surfing and some time not at all. It has no error message,
ctrl. alt. del. doesn't work. Only thing you can do is shut down and
restart and it might run a minute or over and hour without it doing it
again or no more that day. I have looked in event viewer but I don't
under that at all. I have cleared cache and temp. internet files. Any
ideas what I can do to stop this. It seems to be happening more often.
L.D.

Dan C

未讀,
2007年7月10日 晚上11:58:262007/7/10
收件者:

I'd suggest you wipe that silly Vista off, and install a modern Linux
distribution. You'll never look back.

Your Best Friend

未讀,
2007年7月11日 凌晨2:55:262007/7/11
收件者:
Use Firefox.
www.getfirefox.com

--
Thanks,
Bryan K

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

未讀,
2007年7月11日 清晨6:22:042007/7/11
收件者:
L.D. wrote:

> I have an Acer 5100 with vista and 1024 ram and use it wireless with a
> netgear 614 router.

First thought: plug the computer directly into the router with a
network cable, bypassing the wireless. Turn the wireless OFF in the
router's control panel.

> I am using Seamonkey browser.It is less than 3 months old. It has
> started locking up, no pattern, some time after only a few min. of
> surfing and some time not at all.

Second thought: what anti-malware programs have you run? See:
http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#spyware

> It has no error message, ctrl. alt. del. doesn't work. Only thing you
> can do is shut down and restart and it might run a minute or over and
> hour without it doing it again or no more that day. I have looked in
> event viewer but I don't under that at all. I have cleared cache and
> temp. internet files.

"temp. internet files" ? Aren't they the things you get with Internet
Explorer? You don't use that, do you? C'mon, be honest.

> Any ideas what I can do to stop this. It seems to be happening more
> often. L.D.

How hot is it where you are? Could be temperature related.

"Your Top-Posting Best Friend" suggests Firefox as the solution, but he
probably doesn't know that SeaMonkey and Firefox share the same browser
engine. <hoot!>

--
-bts

0 則新訊息