Can I use PixelView TV Tuner Card in Canada

1 view

saqla...@hotmail.com

Jan 5, 2006, 10:41:17 AM1/5/06
I have taken out an old PixelView Card out of my PC(PII-98SE) in
Pakistan,I want to utilize this card in my PIV-XP in Canada.Can I do
this?
Here is info I copied from its carton.
PlayTV Pro(www.Prolink.com.tw)

Specifications

Video Input: S-Video/Composite
Video Resolusion: 640x480
Video Capture Rate: upto 30 farmes/second
Video Format: AVI,JPG,BMP
EI soporte de los sistemas de NTSC,PAL-M,PAL-N
Audio: Input/Output Support
Hardware Interface: PCI Bus
Driver Support:Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
FM Band Coverage: 87.5 to 108 MHz(w/FM model only)
Optional:MTS/NICAM/Remote Control

Features

125 Channels Cable-Ready TV reception in a scalable window
Never miss your favorite TV programs while working on computer
Preview and scan 16 TV Chanels
Slide Shows Support
Capture Still or motion video images from TV,VCR,V8 or Camcorder
Save your captured video in HDD or edit your video to publish on
web,ecard or share with your friends and family
Video Conferencing with Microsoft NetMeeting
Listen to FM radio as background music on your PC(w/FM model only)

Jake

Jan 5, 2006, 11:39:00 AM1/5/06
>>EI soporte de los sistemas de NTSC,PAL-M,PAL-N

In the U.S., the TV standard is NTSC. I'm not sure what the standard
is in Canada. Try hooking it up and see if it works with each of the
three tv standards. You won't damage any hardware, will just show up as
static or garbage on the wrong settings.

saqla...@hotmail.com

Jan 18, 2006, 2:52:16 AM1/18/06
My PIV-XP computer did'nt pick pixel view card as a newly installed
hardware?Where is wrong?
Thanks

Cub

Jan 18, 2006, 3:06:55 AM1/18/06

<saqla...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> My PIV-XP computer did'nt pick pixel view card as a newly installed
> hardware?Where is wrong?
> Thanks

One day grasshopper you will know

saqla...@hotmail.com

Jan 18, 2006, 4:05:54 AM1/18/06
Please help me as I checked Card is securely fixed in slot,why not new
harware added even I booted computer,nothing happened.

saqla...@hotmail.com

Jan 19, 2006, 4:38:50 AM1/19/06
Dear Sir,

Pakistan TV system is different with Canada, so this card
can't be used in Canada.

Best Regards,

Prolink Microsystems Corporation
TEL : 886-2-2659-1588
FAX : 886-2-2659-1599

Jake

Jan 19, 2006, 11:40:31 AM1/19/06
This guy doesnt know what he is talking about. You need to fist get the
card working and installed in the computer. Then try the different TV
standards I listed in my last post. If the card will not install, it
must have been damaged.

saqla...@hotmail.com

Jan 19, 2006, 3:05:07 PM1/19/06
I have downloaded 2 different drivers but getting error "Sorry,u have
no video capture hardware".
I will try to reinstall card tonight.

saqla...@hotmail.com

Jan 19, 2006, 3:13:07 PM1/19/06
Following is copied from FAQ9598.TXT file of driver:
Avoid Interrupt Conflict

If your TV card goes with horizontal noise on video display window
or
if your PC locks up during the Windows boot or application
launched,
you may have an interrupt conflict. Try to put the TV capture card
in
another PCI slot or assign the interrupt in BIOS then reboot.

If there are no free interrupts for the capture card, you need to
find
an unused device which has an interrupt reserved for it and free
up its
interrupt.

The PC may reserves an interrupt for the PS/2 mouse, even though a
PS/2
mouse is not being used. You may check to free up the USB or
second IDE
controller interrupts if you do not use them.

To free up an interrupt, you must disable the peripheral not being
used
in BIOS by pressing <DEL> key when PC restarts.

Mikey

Jan 20, 2006, 10:57:42 AM1/20/06

Jake wrote:

It's also NTSC in Canada.

Thaqalain

Feb 12, 2006, 10:19:12 PM2/12/06
Prolink are totally wrong in their point as I am using the same card
with NTSC_M,except I am looking some modified adapter to connect to my
speakers.