series of explosions in London, the "tube", buses

alarmed

Jul 7, 2005, 6:24:03 AM7/7/05
There are reports of a series of explosions here in London:
Initially two explosions under "tube trains" at Edgware road
and Aldgate stations, these being two major junctions on
the Hammersmith city and circle lines and Metropolitan lines.
Also a double-decker bus in central London suffered a huge
explosion that blew the whole upper deck off.
There are further reports of further explosions at:
Moorgate and Old street, these being in the financial and
business area of London, also Russell square being popular
locale for hotels for visiting tourists.
Breaking at reports of controlled explosions in the Houndsditch
and Liverpool street area's of London.
There are fatalities, and many many injuries.
All this after London being awarded the 2012 Olympics, and
World leaders in the G8 summit.

11.24am London

alarmed

Jul 7, 2005, 6:49:22 AM7/7/05

"alarmed" <bri...@proud.co.uk> wrote in message

An update:
It is now being accepted as being a co-ordinated terrorist
attack.
At least six explosions in the central district of London.
Initially the "tube" (subway) network was the prime target.
It now seems that subsequent explosions were intending
to hinder evacuation and emergency services.
"at least 20 dead"
Many injuries - loss of limbs, burns etc

alarmed

Jul 7, 2005, 6:58:15 AM7/7/05

"alarmed" <bri...@proud.co.uk> wrote in message

You may all by now have all the details on your news reports.
The latest on the double-decker bus explosion in Russell square,
reports being it was a "Big Bus" London tourist double-decker,
so at this time of year, it would have been packed with tourists
- primarily Americans on vacation, doing the London tour.
London has been brought to a shut-down.
This is unspeakably evil,
Our thoughts with all the innocent involved.

Penn...@derrymaine.gov

Jul 7, 2005, 11:48:12 AM7/7/05
"alarmed" <bri...@proud.co.uk> wrote:

Bastards, their fighting back.

"The strikes were revenge for British military "massacres" in Iraq and
Afghanistan." http://tinyurl.com/cwsu6

There's talk on CNN about baggage checks before boarding a train or
bus. :)

joevan

Jul 7, 2005, 12:07:30 PM7/7/05

I will volunteer Doubya to do the baggage checks.

and for the same reason."

EricP

Jul 7, 2005, 12:19:29 PM7/7/05

Doubya is busy trying to take out policemen on his bike.

Joel Rubin

Jul 7, 2005, 12:23:25 PM7/7/05
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:24:03 +0000 (UTC), "alarmed"
<bri...@proud.co.uk> wrote:

>There are reports of a series of explosions here in London:
>Initially two explosions under "tube trains" at Edgware road
>and Aldgate stations, these being two major junctions on

If you remember, when something similar happened in Madrid, the
Spanish immediately dumped their government and pulled out of Iraq.

Now there may have been very good reasons for Spain to dump its
government and pull out of Iraq but doing it so quickly after the
attack made the enemy think of this sort of attack as "something which
works" and may have been important in the timeline that lead to
today's attack.

By the way, if you'd like to see what a blown up bus looks like, the
Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs has a (broadband) movie it would
like you to see. Warning - obscene, explicit severed limbs - not
recommended within 12 hours before or after lunch.

http://w3.castup.net/mfa/terror.htm

TJ

Jul 7, 2005, 12:48:16 PM7/7/05
Penn...@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:

> "alarmed" <bri...@proud.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> There are reports of a series of explosions here in London:
>>> Initially two explosions under "tube trains" at Edgware road
>>> and Aldgate stations, these being two major junctions on
>>> the Hammersmith city and circle lines and Metropolitan lines.
>>> Also a double-decker bus in central London suffered a huge
>>> explosion that blew the whole upper deck off.
>>> There are further reports of further explosions at:
>>> Moorgate and Old street, these being in the financial and
>>> business area of London, also Russell square being popular
>>> locale for hotels for visiting tourists.
>>> Breaking at reports of controlled explosions in the Houndsditch
>>> and Liverpool street area's of London.
>>> There are fatalities, and many many injuries.
>>> All this after London being awarded the 2012 Olympics, and
>>> World leaders in the G8 summit.
>
> Bastards, their fighting back.

Spoken like a true bleeding heart.

> "The strikes were revenge for British military "massacres" in Iraq and
> Afghanistan." http://tinyurl.com/cwsu6

From the article above;
"In the name of God......,"

More people have been killed in the name of fucking "god" than for any other
reason, *ever*.

> There's talk on CNN about baggage checks before boarding a train or
> bus. :)

And this makes you happy, why?

--
"The Fuck-Up fairy doesn't just randomly visit people."
{Wheat Muncher tells it like it is in 24hoursupport.helpdesk.}

Mike T.

Jul 7, 2005, 3:11:22 PM7/7/05
"Joel Rubin" <jmr...@ix.netcom.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:24:03 +0000 (UTC), "alarmed"
> <bri...@proud.co.uk> wrote:

> If you remember, when something similar happened in Madrid, the
> Spanish immediately dumped their government and pulled out of Iraq.
>
> Now there may have been very good reasons for Spain to dump its
> government and pull out of Iraq but doing it so quickly after the
> attack made the enemy think of this sort of attack as "something which
> works" and may have been important in the timeline that lead to
> today's attack.

The reason the Spanish dumped their government is because they lied (worse
than most governments do).

Within minutes of the explosions, the government blamed the ETA (Basque
separatists), without even waiting to for results of any investigations. As
it became apparent that it was Al-Qaida, and not ETA, the Spanish people
were pissed that Aznar used the attack to attempt to make points against
ETA.
--
Mike T
Spiffy sig currently under development.

Gort

Jul 7, 2005, 3:35:20 PM7/7/05

It's a stupid, senseless tragedy, but be prepared for Ward Churchill and
his ilk to say "they deserved it".

Why a court hasn't declared him insane is beyond me.

inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Gort

Jul 7, 2005, 3:40:05 PM7/7/05

As "Doubya" has nothing to do with it, leave him out of that sentence.
Then I'd say it is a good idea.
And thank you for volunteering.

Render Me

Jul 7, 2005, 7:13:57 PM7/7/05
Harrrrrrrrrrrrr

"Gort" <Go...@uranus.not> wrote in message

Luke O'Malley

Jul 7, 2005, 8:08:12 PM7/7/05
In article qGize.31333$B_3....@fe05.lga,
"Render Me" <hib...@hotremovethismail.com> said:
-->
-->Harrrrrrrrrrrrr
-->
-->"Gort" <Go...@uranus.not> wrote in message
-->news:87qdndjJyuW...@comcast.com...
-->> joevan wrote:
-->>> On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 08:48:12 -0700, Penn...@DerryMaine.Gov
-->wrote:
-->>>
-->>>
-->>>>"alarmed" <bri...@proud.co.uk> wrote:
-->>>>
[...]
-->>
-->> As "Doubya" has nothing to do with it, leave him out of that
-->sentence.
-->> Then I'd say it is a good idea.
-->> And thank you for volunteering.
-->>
-->>
-->>
-->> --
-->> If you find a posting or message from myself offensive,
-->> inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't
-->know
-->> how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.
-->
-->
-->
-->

I though it was revenge for Charles Martin.
Luke

Luke O'Malley

Jul 7, 2005, 8:10:15 PM7/7/05
In article 42cd7e59$0$10810$9b4e...@newsread4.arcor-online.net,
"Mike T." <tro...@arcor.de> said:
-->
-->"Joel Rubin" <jmr...@ix.netcom.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
-->news:1Gcze.5925$aY6....@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
-->> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:24:03 +0000 (UTC), "alarmed"
-->> <bri...@proud.co.uk> wrote:
-->
[...]
-->--
-->Mike T
-->Spiffy sig currently under development.
-->
-->
-->
-->

When Mike Quill came out immediately and said it was right wing
extremists who murdered Kennedy, no one left his union!
Luke

Mike T.

Jul 8, 2005, 5:49:01 AM7/8/05
"Luke O'Malley" <lukeo...@optonline.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In article 42cd7e59$0$10810$9b4e...@newsread4.arcor-online.net,

> When Mike Quill came out immediately and said it was right wing
> extremists who murdered Kennedy, no one left his union!
> Luke

Are you a New Yorker? I didn't think too many people outside of NYC (and
under a certain age) knew who Mike Quill was.

--
Mike T

cnw

Jul 8, 2005, 11:20:00 PM7/8/05
Luke O'Malley wrote:

> I though it was revenge for Charles Martin.

Who's Charles Martin?

--
Current peeve: The inability of many Google Groups (G2) users to
attribute and quote text in followups.

Penn...@derrymaine.gov

Jul 10, 2005, 12:12:04 PM7/10/05
"TJ" <T...@noemail.invalid> wrote:

|>Penn...@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:

|>> Bastards, their fighting back.
|>
|>Spoken like a true bleeding heart.

Say what you will about the bombings, it seems to of work'd.

"BRITAIN and America are secretly preparing to withdraw most of their
troops from Iraq"
http://drudgereport.com/flash.htm (this link might not work for too
long)

|>> There's talk on CNN about baggage checks before boarding a train or
|>> bus. :)

|>And this makes you happy, why?

Not happy just the shape of things to come.

"Body Scanners for the London Underground"
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/07/10/0014213.shtml?tid=158&tid=126

Toolman Tim

Jul 10, 2005, 1:29:08 PM7/10/05

<Penn...@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote in message
And at what point is the privacy issue relevant versus getting one's arse
blown to hell? Geez! The American ACLU is just as bad regarding this
problem. It seems to me that an individual's right to privacy should not
supercede the general welfare of the community in which said individual
resides.

Personally, I say go for the scanners. After all, the security personel can
get really good porn any day of the week. Why would they bother gawking at
the barely 'undressed' images on a system like that?