Sony MP3 problems

1 view

Nocantype

Jan 9, 2008, 12:04:53 AM1/9/08
I'll try to be concise.
The CD that came with the NWZ-S616F ("the 610 series") loaded in Media
Manager for Walkman 1.1. AND Windows Media 11. So I ended up with 2
libraries. The Sony guy (in the Philippines) today told me I
shouldn't have both. Well, their CD put it on there!
Not the biggest problem.
In Media Manager, I cannot get the connection to the Walkman. I've
tried unhooking all my USB connections, reconnecting, shutting down
the computer, opening back up, etc. Could be that my voice
recognition, which I cannot unplug from its USB connection, overrides
it? Although, I managed to get some music on the Walkman only a
couple days ago, with voice recognition on.
In Windows Media, it will not sync my music with my Walkman. The
error message is something like "cannot change sync at this time". I
can't "shuffle" either.
Also, not as major a problem, the CD burner I use, not state-of-the-
art, takes like five minutes to even recognize there's a CD in there,
and only Media Manager validates it. Windows Media rarely did.
No, it's not a problem with rights protection (the Sony guy also asked
me). I have Windows XP (with SP 2). My RAM is somewhere around 775,
in case that matters.
I'm ready to return this.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

K.
(I now have music loaded in both libraries (which I painstakingly have
to use my feet with my GlidePoint, since I use voice recognition), and
can't copy it into my MP3.)

Brian

Jan 9, 2008, 1:20:19 AM1/9/08
I'm not quite sure I understand the problem. It sounds as if you have an MP3
player and can not get it to sync with either WMP or the sony program.

What I would suggest is you un-do everything you or the sony cd has done.
Uninstall anything they installed. Go in to the device manager and uninstall
the mp3 player as well. Basically put your computer back to like before you
had the player. Then reboot and when in windows, plug the player in to a
different USB port if you have one and let it re-detect it again. If windows
can't find drivers, you can give it the sony cd to only install drivers (or
download the drivers alone from sony's site).

Sounds like you want to use WMP to sync your songs, so ditch any sony
software. You might also want to try installing the latest WMP if you don't
have it already.

I bought a new Sandisk mp3 player on black friday and had one hell of a time
getting windows to recognize it. I searched for hours before finding a
solution... I had to download and reinstall MPT (
Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit) from microsoft. It seems that the
codecs/media players I had installed messed up my MTP, and once re-installed
things worked beautifully. You can d/l MTP here if you wish to try:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A2E73160-E862-4F19-BB26-C0CAFE798955&displaylang=en

good luck, and don't fret. if you lose your mind and it still doesnt work,
try returning it and picking up a different kind of mp3 player :)

"Nocantype" <kam...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Brian

Jan 9, 2008, 2:42:35 AM1/9/08
As a followup to my previous reply, this is a link to the discussion that
resolved my issue:

http://xxmycreativexx.blogspot.com/2007/06/solution-cannot-install-this-hardware.html#c2005372635656724630

Try the link given in that post before my MTP file. You can find the link in
the initial post there, under

"Solution: Installing the
umdf file from Microsoft enabled me to re-install the MTP device."

Give that a shot and see if you can't get fixed up!

Aloha

brand & fashion

Jan 9, 2008, 3:16:05 AM1/9/08
http://www.brandedsite.com/

brand...@hotmail.com

Nike Air Jordan 1 ,Nike Air Jordan 2 Shoes,Nike Air Jordan 3,Nike Air
Jordan 4 Shoes ,Nike Air Jordan 5 Chaussure Shoes,Nike Air Jordan 6
Catalog ,Nike Air Jordan 7 Shoes Catalog ,
Nike Air Jordan 8 Customized ,Nike Air Jordan 9 Shoes
Customized ,Nike
Air Jordan 10 Wholesalers,Nike Jordan 11 Shoes Wholesalers,Nike Air
Jordan 12 retailer,Nike Air Jordan 13 Shoes Factory ,Nike Air Jordan
14 Shoes Sell,Nike Air Jordan 16 Exporter ,Nike Air Jordan 17 Shoes
Exporter, Nike Air Jordan 18 Offer, Nike Air Jordan 19 Shoes
Offer,Nike Air Jordan 20 Manufacture,Nike Jordan 21 Shoes
Manufacture,Nike Jordan 22 CUSTOMIZED ,
We Import&Export&Trading&Retail&sell&buy&distribution& Wholesale Nike
footwear and Nikes Sneakers Jordans Sneakers to this market:
USA,America,US,United States,UK,England,United Kingdom,IT,Italy,
NT,Netherlands,China,Chinese,Germany,DE,Greece,GR,France,
FR,Spain,Portugal,Switzerland,Switzerland,Brazil,Chile,Peru,C
Korea,Australia,Hongkong,Canada,Mexico,Etc
Nike shoes | china nike shoes | air jordan sneakers | cheap gucci
shoes | cheap prada sneakers | gucci sneakers | mix jordan sneakers |
chanel sandals | gucci sandals | dior sandals | wholesale jordan
sneakers | nike running shoes | nike stock shoes | air jordan at
whlesale price | nike shoes air jordan supplier from in china |
Lacoste Trainers | puma trainers | louis vuitton purse | prada purse

gucci handbags | chanel purse | coach purse | nike bas kerball shoes

Nike Sneakers| cheap nike sneakers | nike shoes from china | nike
replica | copy nike sneakers | nike factory stores | nike stores
Nike wholesale - Nike shoes wholesale
nike jordan sneakers wholesale( www.brandedsite.com)
We (http: //www.brandedsite.com)
Wholesale Cheap Jordan
Shoes,Michael
Jordan Shoes,Nike Jordan Basketball shoes, ... Jordan Shoes,Air
Jordan
Sneakers,Air Jordan Wholesale All of the Air Jordan sneakers have
Nike
Air in the shoes.Authentic quality Jordan Sneakers Custom Jordan
Sneakers Wholesale Jordan Sneakers gucci sneakers prada sneakers in
www.brandedsite.com,lv
chanel coach dior DG DSQUARED2 DIESEL,miumiu handbags
sneakers,shoes,t-
shirts,jeans,jackets.We sale new Nike Sneakers,Air Jordan
Sneakers,AIR
FORCE 1S,Nike Dunks SB,Bape Sta from nike outlets and factory
stores,also Nike wholesale-Jordan Shoes,sneakers! china online store!
Cheap Lacoste Trainers Please,Lacoste Trainers for Women,Lacoste
Shoes
Online,Lacoste Shoes for Women,Buy Lacoste Trainers Online,Lacoste
Sneakers(www.brandedsite.com)
Lacoste Footwear,Black Lacoste Trainers,Lacoste Trinity
Trainers(www.brandedsite.com)
Lacoste Leisure Shoe, cheap nike dunks,cheap gucci
sneakers(www.brandedsite.com)
cheap sunglasses factory,wholesale nike tshirts,cheap air jordans
(www.brandedsite.com)
nike sb china wholesale,cheap puma sneakers,sneaker wholesale
china,jordans sneakers,gucci shirts wholesale,cheap bape
trainers,shoe
wholesalers in china,cheap nike sneakers,DISCOUNT nike
SNEAKERS,Tennis
Sneakers,gucci Sneakers, Prada Sneakers,Shoes Jordan's +
Wholesale,jordan wholesale manufacturers,nike customes,cheap
wholesale
jordans nike,cheap tiffany necklace,gucci shoes shop,Wholesale
Distributor Authentic Nike Shoes,wholesale air forces and
jordans,dsquared manufacturers,dsquared womens shoes,dsquared2
jeans,dsquared2
shoes
ed hardy caps,ed hardy caps cheap,ed hardy for cheap,ed hardy hats
for
cheap
addidas wholesalers distributor(www.brandedsite.com)
bulk air force ones for sale(www.brandedsite.com)
Burberry Handbags made in China(www.brandedsite.com)
BUY ARMANI SHOES(www.brandedsite.com)
Buy holesale from china GUCCI(www.brandedsite.com)
buy jordans made in china(www.brandedsite.com)
buy nike shoes at wholesale price(www.brandedsite.com)

We sell nokia lcd, include: 1100, 1220 , 1221, 1260, 2100, 2115,
2116i, 2260, 2270,2285 , 2600 , 2651 , 3100, 3108 , 3120 , 3155 ,
3155i , 3200 , 3220 , 3300 , 3560 , 3585 , 3586 , 3586i , 3590 ,
3595 , 3600 , 3650 , 3660, 5100, 5140 , 6010, 6015i , 6019i, 6020 ,
6021, 6100, 6101, 6102, 6170 , 6200, 6220, 6225, 6230, 6230i, 6235i,
6255i, 6256i, 6310 , 6560, 6585 , 6590 , 6600 , 6610 , 6620 , 6650 ,
6670 , 6682 , 6800 , 6810 , 6820 , 6822 , 7200 , 7210 , 7250 , 7260 ,
7270 , 7280 , 7610 , 8310 , 8800 , 9500 etc.

We sell all kinds of sport shoes.Such as nike shoes,Jordan,nike air
force,nike air max 2003,nike air max 2004,nike air max 360,nike air
max 97,nike air max 95,nike air max plus tn,nike air max running,nike
ducks,nike kobe,nike shox R4,nike shox R5 and so on.If there are
anything you are interested,please contact us at once.We will offer
you the best product and service as soon as we receiving your order.

Nokia 8800 Housing 5930pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6131 Flex Cable 7560pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 5300 LCD 8000pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6111 LCD 4960pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia N80 Housing 3900pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6102 Keypad 9650pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6600 Lcd 4500pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6131 Antenna 5980pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6131 Housing 4690pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 5300 Housing 9780pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 3586i Keypad 2430pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6255 Antenna 7850pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6101 FlexCable 3400pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China

Nokia 6230 LCD 5860pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6520 Housing 6300pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6230i Flex Cable 4750pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6230i Housing 3590pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6131 Keypad 2630pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6111 Housing 2400pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6111 Keypad 3860pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 5300 Flex Cable 8560pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6265 Antenna 3960pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 3586i Housing 7890pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia N80 Flex Cable 3680pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6230 Housing 4960pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 5300 LCD 6230pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China

www.brandedsite.com china sell:
Nokia 6111 Flex Cable 6390pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6131 Lcd 5200pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6230 Keypad 5530pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 3586i Flex Cable 4930pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6600 Housing 5870pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6101 lcd 4990pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6102 Flex Cable 3580pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6230i Antenna 2950pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6255 Antenna 6890pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6600 Flex Cable 9630pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6265 LCD 5740pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6230 Keypad 1780pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6265 Keypad 4790pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China

Nokia N80 Keypad 2960pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6101 Housing 4600pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6102 Keypad 8560pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6255 keypad 6390pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6131 LCD 8990pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 5300 Flex Cable 7620pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 5300 LCD 2360pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6265 Flex Cable 7310pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 8800 Keypad 6010pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 8800 Flex Cable 6000pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6230 Housing 4900pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6111 Antenna 2060pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6265 Antenna 6370pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China

Nokia 8800 Antenna 4690pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6131 Keypad 2370pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China
Nokia 6230i Housing 7700pcs In Stock - www.brandedsite.com China

Nokia Mobile Phone Accessories:

6255 2125 6265 6126 2866i 5300 n80 n75 7370 6070 6560 6260 6630 7360
N70 N73 N90 6280 2128i 6030 6070 6080 3250 1360 6681 3230 7370 6270
6111 6131 5200 2310 2610 1100 1220 1221 1260 2100 2115 2116i 2260 2270
2285 2600 2651 3100 3108 3120 3155 3155i 3200 3220 3300 3560 3585 3586
3586i 3590 3595 3600 3650 3660 5100 5140 6010 6015i 6019i 6020 6021
6100 6101 6102 6170 6200 6220 6225 6230 6230i 6235i 6255i 6256i 6310
6560 6585 6590 6600 6610 6650 6670 6682 6800 6810 6820 6822 7200 7210
7250 7260 7270 7280 7610 8310 8800 9500
Housing,LCD,Antenna,Keypad,Flex Cable,Battery.lens

HERE ARE THE PRICE LIST FOR DIFFERENT PRODUCTS

====================
Sidekicks Price List :
====================
Dian von Furstenberg sidekick 3 $230
D-Wade Sidekick 3 ....$200
LRG Sidekick 3.......... $180
Sidekick 3................. $130
Sidekick 2................... $110
Pink couture sidekick 2.. $135
Mr Cartoon sidekick ..$130

======================
Video Game Price List:
======================
Xbox 360............$200
Nintendo Wii Console $230
Sony Psp............ $145
Sony Playstation 3 (20gb).. $200
Sony Playstation 3 (60g).. $220

=======================
Apple Ipod Price List:
=======================
Apple 2 GB iPod Nano.......$50
Apple 4 GB iPod Nano.......$60
Apple 30 GB iPod Video.....$110
Apple 60 GB iPod Video.....$140
Apple 80 GB iPod Video.....$160

=======================
Nokia Prices List :
=======================
Nokia 8800 Sirocco ...$300
Nokia N95............... $400
Nokia N93i.............. $350
Nokia N93............. $220
Nokia N92.............. $210
Nokia N90........... $200
nokia n80...........$220
Nokia N70........... $180

=====================
Palm Treo Price List :
=====================
Treo 650 ........$140
Treo 700w .....$160
Treo 750 .........$200

======================
Samsung Price List :
======================
Samsung F700 .........$280
Samsung U700 .........$250
Samsung U600 .........$210
Samsung P920 .........$200
Samsung I830 ............$150
Samsung Serene SGH-E910.....$190
Samsung S401i ...........$180
Samsung D870 e.........$170
Samsung Z710 ..........$175
Samsung p900 e......$201
Samsung p860 ......$180

=======================
Motorola Price List :
=======================
Motorola A1200 .....$190
Motorola A1010 ...........$200
Motorola A910 .....$150
Motorola E1070 e.....$160
Motorola L2 Candybar RAZR ....$130
Motorola Q Verizon......$200
Motorola Q .....$250
Motorola Rokr E2 ....$210

==========================
Sony Ericsson Price List :
==========================
Sony Ericsson M600 .......$200
Sony Ericsson W700i ...$150
Sony Ericsson W810i MP3 ....$155
Sony Ericsson W850 .....$210
Sony Ericsson W900i .....$230
Sony Ericsson W950 .....$240
Sony Ericsson Z710.....$180
Sony Ericsson p910i .....$155
==================================
Contact us for more price list
==================================
If you are interested, forward your questions and enquires
to us via email with your order and shipping details. we give 1 year
warranty for every product sold out to our costumers,and 2 month
return policy our
product are company class 1 tested and approved by global
standard organization of wireless industries, Brand new
merchandise with complete accessories, extra charger and
battery.serious buyers should.

ded

Jan 9, 2008, 6:32:48 AM1/9/08

"Nocantype" <kam...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'll try to be concise.
> The CD that came with the NWZ-S616F ("the 610 series") loaded in Media
> Manager for Walkman 1.1. AND Windows Media 11. So I ended up with 2
> libraries. The Sony guy (in the Philippines) today told me I
> shouldn't have both. Well, their CD put it on there!

Then that maybe the problem, a possible conflict?
Uninstall the software, on reinstall select the appropriate options.

> Not the biggest problem.
> In Media Manager, I cannot get the connection to the Walkman. I've
> tried unhooking all my USB connections, reconnecting, shutting down
> the computer, opening back up, etc. Could be that my voice
> recognition, which I cannot unplug from its USB connection, overrides
> it?

"overrides" doubtful, conflict possible?

> Although, I managed to get some music on the Walkman only a
> couple days ago, with voice recognition on.
> In Windows Media, it will not sync my music with my Walkman. The
> error message is something like "cannot change sync at this time". I
> can't "shuffle" either.

Again, that could be a conflict, or it could be incorrectly installed and/or
configured software.
Noting your posting nym and you use voice recognition, it maybe best
to get someone to have a look.
The Sony USB device, did it require drivers installed as well as the
software? This is just an example, but with some USB devices (My
cell phone for example) requires that connection involves allowing
the "found new hardware wizard" to detect the actively connected
device, and then for user to direct the wizard to the location where
drivers are to be found, but if such devices are connected via an
external USB hub then the drivers cause conflicts with other devices
connected via the hub, a driver dependent USB device may need to
have it's own dedicated USB connection on PC.
The software installation may have an entry in control panel, but
at least will have an "Options" menu when software is open that
allows you to configure etc.
With any new hardware/software it is always best to logon to the
site and download any updates/patches etc. Sony will also have
a usually excellent troubleshooter for it's products, logon to the Sony
site for your location, click the support link, locate your device and
check the troubleshooter.

> Also, not as major a problem, the CD burner I use, not state-of-the-
> art, takes like five minutes to even recognize there's a CD in there,
> and only Media Manager validates it. Windows Media rarely did.
> No, it's not a problem with rights protection (the Sony guy also asked
> me). I have Windows XP (with SP 2). My RAM is somewhere around 775,
> in case that matters.

I'm not sure what you mean by "validates" a CD, but you say the drive
takes five minutes to recognise a CD is loaded?
Is per chance the CD burner an externally connected USB burner?
Try to explain exactly what is happening.

> I'm ready to return this.
>
> Thank you for any help or suggestions.
>
> K.
> (I now have music loaded in both libraries (which I painstakingly have
> to use my feet with my GlidePoint, since I use voice recognition), and
> can't copy it into my MP3.)

Again, it's not clear what you mean, you "have music loaded" in both,
loaded from where and how, did you rip from CD are they WAV or CDDA,
or MP3, how are you trying to copy to device - drag and drop or Sony
software, what exactly?
Support link, to left Drivers+Software/FAQ & Solutions/Tutorials etc
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=NWZS616F

Nocantype

Jan 10, 2008, 10:24:39 PM1/10/08
Thank you Brian and ded
(how did that spammer find this?! -- search for MP3 player maybe)

Uninstalling and reinstalling sound like good solutions; I now can be
much more selective.. (I hope I can save what's on those libraries to
"My Music" so I don't lose all the work I did burning ('ripping'?)
the CDs.)

I do hope I can get Windows Media to work. Well, to recognize the
CDs. That's one thing the Media Manager had over it.

> Noting your posting nym and you use voice recognition, it maybe best
> to get someone to have a look.

(I wish!)
I had a suggestion from a voice-recognition group that I put my sound
card as default, not my headset for recording and playback.
Personally, I didn't think this was the problem, but I can try it. If
that rings a bell (no pun intended), let me know.

> The Sony USB device, did it require drivers installed as well as the
> software?

No, nothing about installing drivers.
I think one (web) page Sony sent was something about recognizing a
device. Or, maybe "the" device.

>[snip] drivers are to be found, but if such devices are connected via an
> external USB hub ...
is a hub in extra attachment, like a cable ? What I have are 4 USB
slots on my Dell computer.

> a driver dependent USB device may need to
> have it's own dedicated USB connection on PC.

Should I figure out how to do this?
Was this, what you said after, how? :

> The software installation may have an entry in control panel, but
> at least will have an "Options" menu when software is open that
> allows you to configure etc.

Yes, good idea, about downloading updates, patches and checking the
troubleshooter.
I think the 3 web site Sony sent me which I've just skimmed probably
at least touch on this.

> I'm not sure what you mean by "validates" a CD, but you say the drive
> takes five minutes to recognise a CD is loaded?

WM wouldn't even recognize there was a disk in my CD (another USB
external) player/burner (Yes to your question). MM took a couple
minutes, and then would indeed rip the CD. (Then just not allow me to
recognize the Walkman, e.g. not transfer the music over!)

> Again, it's not clear what you mean, you "have music loaded" in both,
> loaded from where and how, did you rip from CD are they WAV or CDDA,
> or MP3, how are you trying to copy to device - drag and drop or Sony
> software, what exactly?

I managed to load some music CDs onto the Media Manager. Since
evidently the (this is new to me) library on the Walkman and on your
computer have to match, all my former loaded music (from the Internet,
also MP3 files) was on the WM library. To make it more complicated,
the very first time I succeeded in downloading music, I was able to
rip some Russian speaking lessons from a CD, and that time Media
Manager seemed to do it automatically. I don't remember dropping and
dragging.

Now that you've read all of the above, I will also say that my friend
is trying to exchange it at Target (they're supposed to get more in).
I'd rather start from scratch in all this! Then I can do a selective
download from the disk, and as Brian mentioned, don't do the Media
Manager. I do hope it's a custom installation, I hope -- because I
don't remember -- that was an option.

Thank you, thank you.

ded

Jan 11, 2008, 5:53:00 AM1/11/08

"Nocantype" <kam...@gmail.com> wrote in message

snip

>> The Sony USB device, did it require drivers installed as well as the
>> software?
>
> No, nothing about installing drivers.
> I think one (web) page Sony sent was something about recognizing a
> device. Or, maybe "the" device.

The software probably included the drivers, the simple test if it were
installed correctly is it would be listed in windows explorer/My Computer
as a Sony removeable device and assigned a drive letter, if not, then
it's not correctly installed

>>[snip] drivers are to be found, but if such devices are connected via an
>> external USB hub ...
> is a hub in extra attachment, like a cable ? What I have are 4 USB
> slots on my Dell computer.

OK, it's not an external hub, but a PCI card, again a guess due to lack
of info, but it's probably four USB connections on one card?

>> a driver dependent USB device may need to
>> have it's own dedicated USB connection on PC.
>
> Should I figure out how to do this?
> Was this, what you said after, how? :
>> The software installation may have an entry in control panel, but
>> at least will have an "Options" menu when software is open that
>> allows you to configure etc.
>
> Yes, good idea, about downloading updates, patches and checking the
> troubleshooter.
> I think the 3 web site Sony sent me which I've just skimmed probably
> at least touch on this.
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "validates" a CD, but you say the drive
>> takes five minutes to recognise a CD is loaded?
>
> WM wouldn't even recognize there was a disk in my CD (another USB
> external) player/burner (Yes to your question). MM took a couple
> minutes, and then would indeed rip the CD. (Then just not allow me to
> recognize the Walkman, e.g. not transfer the music over!)

OK, it's a USB burner and a Sony USB MP3 device connected to same
PCI card, there is probably a conflict between devices, but more likely
the Sony device is not correctly installed/configured.

snip

> I managed to load some music CDs onto the Media Manager. Since
> evidently the (this is new to me) library on the Walkman and on your
> computer have to match, all my former loaded music (from the Internet,
> also MP3 files) was on the WM library. To make it more complicated,
> the very first time I succeeded in downloading music, I was able to
> rip some Russian speaking lessons from a CD, and that time Media
> Manager seemed to do it automatically. I don't remember dropping and
> dragging.

Brians posts are not showing up on my server, but the Sony is USB and
drag and drop would work with such a USB device if it were correctly
installed and configured. If you could rip CD's to a hard drive folder and
the software converted to MP3 file type, then regardless of media managers
or library, if the files were of a compliant type that the Sony can play
then drag and drop would work - The problem seems to be that you need
to correctly install/configure the software/drivers for the Sony to be
recognised correctly.
But also there maybe a conflict between devices. So if you supply exact
details of the Dell - the make and model, I'll try looking up the drivers
for it and it's troubleshooter, the PCI USB card may need updating.
If that is the case then any/all USB devices may have a conflict until it
is updated. Supply details of your Dell comp.
Meanwhile, goto: Start>Windows Update
Allow the scan to complete
Then click the "Custom" button
This will now list optional and hardware updates to left of screen,
Check list for anything pertaining to USB etc
If listed, select and download.

> Now that you've read all of the above, I will also say that my friend
> is trying to exchange it at Target (they're supposed to get more in).
> I'd rather start from scratch in all this!

Indeed it maybe a faulty device, but if not and it is a conflict issue,
then any replacement will also have same problems.

Nuze Groops

Jan 11, 2008, 9:08:06 AM1/11/08
Nocantype wrote:
> I'll try to be concise.
> The CD that came with the NWZ-S616F ("the 610 series") loaded in Media
> Manager for<snip>

so will I,

bottom line, Sony mp3 players are horrrrrrrrrrrid.

ANYTHING else is better than that Godawful software that comes with that
thing.

Do yourself a favor and get anything else...

www.anythingbutipod.com

for starters

Brian

Jan 18, 2008, 1:51:14 PM1/18/08
Nocantype, did you get things working?!

I think one crucial piece of advice was looked over thus far. Try to install
and use the mp3 player on a completely different computer. Do the most basic
install needed for it to work without installing any junk and see what
happens.

I thought my Sandisk mp3 player was defective after 4-5 hours of trying to
get it to recognize and be installed, but then i plugged it in a new pc and
it worked instantly, so I knew the problem was a conflict on my PC.

I've been reading about your mp3 player and others who've had issues
(http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?s=3d6c6b267c6c5a8f9ef65eacf34ec069&showtopic=4228&pid=29931&st=10&#entry29931)
and one fellow says they reinstalled WMP 11 and it corrected their problem.

Short of trying the device on another unit, try reinstalling WMP and give
the MTP download I gave earlier a try to see if that helps you remedy the
issue.

Aloha

"ded" <wit...@invalid.witheld> wrote in message