DRM!

Dec 30, 2008, 3:37:37 PM12/30/08

I have a video on my hard drive and it won't play as a meesage from Media
Player says "my Digital Rights License has expired". How can I get to play
this video on my pc? The file is a WMV.

Scott Freeman

Dec 30, 2008, 3:57:46 PM12/30/08
"J" <mshrg...@gmdhtyfgrgs.com> wrote in message

> I have a video on my hard drive and it won't play as a meesage from Media
> Player says "my Digital Rights License has expired". How can I get to play
> this video on my pc? The file is a WMV.

Pay for it, you pirate cunt.

meerkat

Dec 30, 2008, 4:03:46 PM12/30/08

"J" <mshrg...@gmdhtyfgrgs.com> wrote in message

> I have a video on my hard drive and it won't play as a meesage from
> Media Player says "my Digital Rights License has expired". How can I
> get to play this video on my pc? The file is a WMV.

Hi J.
I`m sorry to tell you that you can`t.
You have to purchase a licence that gives you the
right to play it.

That`s what Digital rights is all about.

--
bw..

MJP

Dec 30, 2008, 4:19:22 PM12/30/08

"J" <mshrg...@gmdhtyfgrgs.com> wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/2fn6kc

richard

Dec 30, 2008, 6:37:43 PM12/30/08
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:37:37 -0000, "J" <mshrg...@gmdhtyfgrgs.com>
wrote:

Convert it to mpg.
Simply for the fact that it is in that format causes DRM to kick in
and demand you MUST have a license
You'll find this true with any WMA formatted audio.

In my personal opinion, and maybe others, DRM is in violation of the
copyright laws. As a license has never been required by law. This DRM
thing is purely an attempt to satisfy the RIAA. Oh and good luck
trying to obtain a license.

Message has been deleted

wetpixel

Jan 2, 2009, 5:30:14 PM1/2/09
In article <rsbll49esc57h6802...@4ax.com>, richard
<mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:37:37 -0000, "J" <mshrg...@gmdhtyfgrgs.com>
> wrote:
>

> >I have a video on my hard drive and it won't play as a meesage from Media
> >Player says "my Digital Rights License has expired". How can I get to play
> >this video on my pc? The file is a WMV.

> Convert it to mpg.

The software won't play it, Richard. It certainly isn't going to offer
to convert it, and any software that can convert it needs to be able to
play it.
Do you see the problem?

> In my personal opinion, and maybe others, DRM is in violation of the
> copyright laws. As a license has never been required by law.

No, DRM is an ENFORCEMENT of copyright laws. How is it a violation to
make sure you cannot copy or share something?
A license has always been required by law -- always. A radio station
has to contract to play music from certain sources. A music buyer is
allowed to enjoy music by paying for it. A movie house contracts with a
distributor to receive and show a movie under certain conditions, and
people arrange to be part of that by paying to go in to view it.
(Maybe that part will make some sense to you; a movie house cannot put
the movie they receive on an outside wall and show it to anyone who
passes by, even if they want to. They are required to charge per-person
viewing rights, and share a percentage.)

> This DRM
> thing is purely an attempt to satisfy the RIAA.

No, DRM might be an attempt by the artist, studio, or distributor, too.
But even if it were all about the RIAA rules alone, that doesn't make
it bad -- the RIAA is mostly correct about copying.