What the hell is wrong with Hotmail???

news.astraweb.com

Aug 24, 2009, 10:16:10 PM8/24/09
10pm Aug24 - hotmail refuses to let me see my inbox, instead it's sending me
to the moronic BING search page... I vow to boycott bing for life. Where's
my goddamn inbox?

Anyone else having this problem?

Message has been deleted

Dan C

Aug 24, 2009, 10:37:37 PM8/24/09

Get a real email account, you dimwitted dingus.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.

alan

Aug 24, 2009, 10:58:36 PM8/24/09

"news.astraweb.com" <noth...@hotmails.com> wrote in message
Yeah, happened last night. I just typed "hotmail.com" in the address bar
(it had been redirected) and then clicked on mail , logged in, etc . . .
been working ok since then

chuckcar

Aug 25, 2009, 5:17:16 PM8/25/09
"news.astraweb.com" <noth...@hotmails.com> wrote in

Try searching for "windows live mail" - Microsoft calls it that now - bound
to be for some insipid marketing reason. Bing has replaced the Microsoft
search page. So instead of getting the microsoft search - which has a link
to hotmail or live mail on it's page, you're getting what it was replaced with.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

alan

Aug 25, 2009, 6:00:53 PM8/25/09

"chuckcar" <ch...@nil.car> wrote in message

(1) Don't bother searching for "windows live mail" --- you're not going to
get what you want.
Just type in hotmail.com in your address bar, go there and log in. Your
previous hotmail page was just redirected (hijacked) by bing.
(2) What makes you think that the OP was accessing his hotmaill from the
microsoft search page?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

chuckcar

Aug 25, 2009, 6:32:03 PM8/25/09
" alan" <in_fla...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> "chuckcar" <ch...@nil.car> wrote in message
>> "news.astraweb.com" <noth...@hotmails.com> wrote in
>>
>>> 10pm Aug24 - hotmail refuses to let me see my inbox, instead it's
>>> sending me to the moronic BING search page... I vow to boycott bing
>>> for life. Where's my goddamn inbox?
>>>
>>> Anyone else having this problem?
>>>
>> Try searching for "windows live mail" - Microsoft calls it that now -
>> bound
>> to be for some insipid marketing reason. Bing has replaced the
>> Microsoft search page. So instead of getting the microsoft search -
>> which has a link to hotmail or live mail on it's page, you're getting
>> what it was replaced with.
>
> (1) Don't bother searching for "windows live mail" --- you're not going
> to get what you want.

*I* have no problem finding it. Adress your post to the OP. I have no
interest in learning about your misunderstanding of the problem.

> previous hotmail page was just redirected (hijacked) by bing.

Ok then. reply with the url for the *new* microsoft search page then.

> (2) What makes you think that the OP was accessing his hotmaill from the
> microsoft search page?

See my first sentence in this message - you completely missed the point.
You can specify what the default search page is in IE. If you don't
specify it, it defaults to Microsoft's own search - which now is re-directed
to bing *by* Microsoft. And BTW there *is* a link at the very top of the
Bing page for hotmail - right beside MSN. Isn't *that* a coincidence for
something you imply has nothing to do with Microsoft.

ROFL.

Here's your proof:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Microsoft+Search+Engine&FORM=R5FD1

The *very* first result is what?

and:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_(search_engine)

alan

Aug 25, 2009, 6:50:22 PM8/25/09

"chuckcar" <ch...@nil.car> wrote in message

Well, chuckie, you can ROFL all you want, but the bing page that the OP
referred to is the same goddamn bing page that turned up when I went to MY
hotmail the other day and THAT bing page did NOT have a link to hotmail. As
I mentioned before, I merely re-addressed to hotmail.com, logged in and
everything was fine after that.
What makes you think the OP accessed his hotmail thru IE or thru the goddam
Microsoft search window? Is that how you'd do it? No one else does things
as fuckin backward as you do.
My advice: get up off the floor and stop rolling around -- you look like a
complete ass.

Message has been deleted

wanderin...@outlook.com

Jun 12, 2014, 6:44:47 AM6/12/14