IE6 keeps crashing

Dave

Dec 16, 2006, 3:12:04 PM12/16/06
Hi
When using IE6 I'm getting an error message "Explorer has encounterd a
problem & needs to close sorry for inconvenience etc etc" the error codes
are as follows:

code: 0xc0000005 flags 0x0000000
address 0x0000000010000037

Ive done a search on the MS website but keep going round in circles Ive
heard there's an 'Hotfix' for this problem but cant find it The address
code seems to change everytime it happens - anyone any ideas?

Frustrated Dave

Bucky Breeder

Dec 16, 2006, 3:26:59 PM12/16/06
"Dave" <kus...@hotmail.com> wrote in

Instead of banging around trying to figure out what went awry, if you're
sure that that it's IE that's fubared, I'd download the thing and reinstall
or repair it, if it gives you the option - then goto Windows Update and see
if anything else is needed:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-
48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&DisplayLang=en

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6zjbm

Probably to a shark,
about the funniest thing there is
would be a wounded seal,
out in the middle of the ocean,
desperately trying to swim to shore.

Because, like - where does he think *he's* going!??!

dunno

Dec 16, 2006, 4:20:47 PM12/16/06

"Dave" <kus...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

AnonyMouse

Dec 16, 2006, 4:37:30 PM12/16/06

But what if he wants to continue using IE? Switching to an alternate
program is not the answer to every problem. It just ignores the problem,
rather than fixing it.

Jerry G.

Dec 16, 2006, 4:54:17 PM12/16/06
There is most likely a fault in the a file that is part of IE. A bad
file in the IE cache can also cause fault conditions. Before
re-installing IE, do a cache cleanup. Go to the properties of the hard
drive, and use the Disk Cleanup utility to clear the cache.

If you have the problem with other programs, then this may be an
operating system problem, or a hardware failure that is effecting
something to do with the RAM, or the addressing of the RAM.

--

Jerry G.

Robert

Dec 16, 2006, 5:08:36 PM12/16/06
You can download and use IE 7.0 the the new version of IE.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx?mg_ID=10010

"AnonyMouse" <me.bugmeno...@mytrashmail.com> wrote in message

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Dec 16, 2006, 5:13:43 PM12/16/06
In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, AnonyMouse wrote:

> dunno wrote:
>> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
>
> But what if he wants to continue using IE? Switching to an alternate
> program is not the answer to every problem. It just ignores the
> problem, rather than fixing it.

It is always a wise idea to have an alternate browser on hand for times
like this. With a dead browser, you can't do anything on the WWW.

Besides, he may actually like Firefox better! :-)

--
-bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Dec 16, 2006, 5:15:56 PM12/16/06
In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Robert wrote:

> You can download and use IE 7.0 the the new version of IE.

This may not be a good idea, loading IE7 over top of a dead IE 6. If the

I would definitely install another browser first, either Firefox and/or
Opera. Neither is going to mess up the operating system.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
http://www.opera.com/

nobody >

Dec 17, 2006, 5:49:10 PM12/17/06
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Robert wrote:
>
>> You can download and use IE 7.0 the the new version of IE.
>
> This may not be a good idea, loading IE7 over top of a dead IE 6. If the
>
> I would definitely install another browser first, either Firefox and/or
> Opera. Neither is going to mess up the operating system.
>
> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
> http://www.opera.com/

Good idea! That will allow the OP to at least be able to search the M$
Knowledge Base.

BTW- Have fun finding a completely "stand alone" install of IE 6. Every
one you will find is a file that leads to a further download of IE 6. I
went thru this on some vendor's software that *requires* (so it says) IE
6 to view its help files (and this software *needs* help!). After
getting M$ to admit this on the phone, they sent me a disk ($5?) with
the same download-starter files. Guess what.. Opera works just fine.
FWIW, the computers involved can't be and never will see a net
connection (even LAN).

anndhansen

Dec 27, 2006, 3:01:12 PM12/27/06
Hi Dave
I have the same problem, but only when I download Google Toolbar. In
the window of the
error-message there might be an 'advanced features'-button. This will
show your third-party browser extensions. Try and deactivate everything
with Google. I know it's not solving the problem, and I am just as
annoyed as you are. I've been fighting with this for a month, and I
spend maybe five hours every day troubleshooting. Nothing has helped
so far.