renaming a group of files

Richard

Dec 9, 2007, 11:49:34 AM12/9/07
I have a hundred pictures and I want to rename them with the same name with
1-2-3 and so on. I know I have to put the Name like Miles (1) and I forgot
what to do next.

pcbutts1

Dec 9, 2007, 12:20:56 PM12/9/07
Use this www.irfanview.com

"Richard" <mille...@cox.net> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

Penn...@derrymaine.gov

Dec 9, 2007, 4:59:42 PM12/9/07
"Richard" <mille...@cox.net> wrote:

XP, highlight them all press F2 rename the file, enter, all the files
will have the same name followed by (#)

It usually does this backwards so it's best to start at the bottom and
highlight to the top.

Irfanview is also a good choice as you need a graphic file viewer
anyhow.

--

Collection of 3,364 TV theme songs
http://www.televisiontunes.com/browse.html

joevan

Dec 9, 2007, 6:31:59 PM12/9/07
On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 13:59:42 -0800, Penn...@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:

> "Richard" <mille...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>I have a hundred pictures and I want to rename them with the same name with
>>1-2-3 and so on. I know I have to put the Name like Miles (1) and I forgot
>>what to do next.
>
>XP, highlight them all press F2 rename the file, enter, all the files
>will have the same name followed by (#)
>
>It usually does this backwards so it's best to start at the bottom and
>highlight to the top.
>
>Irfanview is also a good choice as you need a graphic file viewer
>anyhow.

I like that F2 highlight method. Thanks.