**Concert Review Poll**

SCOTT

Jun 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/14/95

It's back!

Yes, for all of you who were in this neighborhood during the fall tour, you may
remember the Concert Review Poll, where netters gave a rating to the shows they
saw from the tour. I compiled the scores and posted the "standings"
periodically throughout the fall. I got a lot of positive comments so I'm gonna
do it again.

Here's the deal:

For those of you missed the fall poll, I'm asking you to rate the shows
you've seen from the fall tour on a scale of 1 to 10, *relative to other Phish
shows only*. A vote of five is supposed to represent an *Average Phish Show*.
In other words, if you consider all the shows you've been to, theoretically,
half of them should receive votes below 5 and half should receive votes above
five. A five should not be viewed as a shameful vote...it simply indicates that
you got what we've all come to expect from a Phish show. Remember, a five-show
is most likely an awesome show by the standards of most bands and will probably
include at least 2 or 3 fantastic jams. Shows that warrant votes above five
should have exceptional setlists or particularly inspired/creative playing. The
band has given us reason to have high expectations, so please try to be
rigorous in evaluating each show. The lowest rated show from the fall tour got
a 4.8, demonstrating that people have a tough time being objective.

Also, if you've heard little live Phish, I ask that you refrain from voting,
as the 9's and 10's that you'll undoubtedly give to average shows tend to skew
the ratings.

So, if you've been lucky enough to catch any of the shows so far, please email
me your scores on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm also attaching the final tallies from
the fall tour for those who are interested. If you saw any of those shows and
never cast your vote, I'll reopen that poll as well.

Date Place Avg Voters Std. Dev.
**** ************ *** ***** ******
10/31 Glens Falls 9.4 30 1.0
10/14 New Orleans 9.1 9 0.7
11/25 Chicago 8.8 20 1.2
10/21 Sunrise FL 8.7 5 0.6
11/17 Dayton 8.5 12 0.9
10/8 Fairfax 8.5 27 1.2
10/26 Boone NC 8.4 7 0.7
10/16 Chattanooga 8.2 8 1.0
10/18 Vanderbilt 8.2 6 1.0
10/22 Orlando 8.1 5 1.3
10/29 Spartanburg SC 8.0 11 1.1
11/30 Olympia WA 7.9 7 0.7
12/29 Providence 7.8 21 1.6
11/16 Ann Arbor 7.8 12 1.2
11/18 East Lansing 7.8 9 1.5
11/19 I.U., Bloomington IN 7.8 8 1.0
11/13 Erie, PA 7.7 12 1.5
11/4 Syracuse 7.6 21 1.0
12/28 Philadelphia 7.4 17 1.7
12/31 Boston MA 7.4 24 2.1
10/10 Louisville 7.3 5 1.9
11/2 Bangor ME 7.3 8 1.6
10/25 Atlanta 7.2 5 1.4
11/26 Minneapolis 7.1 5 3.1
12/30 New York NY 6.9 23 1.7
11/20 Madison WI 6.7 12 1.0
10/15 Pelham AL 6.5 10 1.7
11/12 Kent, OH 6.4 15 1.2
11/3 U Mass 6.4 11 1.1
11/14 Grand Rapids MI 6.1 7 1.7
10/13 Ole Miss 6.1 5 1.3
10/9 Pittsburgh 5.9 14 1.5
11/23 St Louis MO 5.8 6 0.9
12/3 San Jose CA 5.7 7 1.7
10/7 Lehigh 5.4 31 1.3
12/2 UC Davis 4.8 7 2.3

Inconclusive Results (Not enough votes)

10/12 Memphis 7.6 4 1.8
10/23 Gainesville FL 7.5 4 1.8
10/27 U. Va Charlottesville 6.6 4 1.8
10/28 Charleston SC 5.9 4 1.3
12/1 Salem OR 8.5 4 1.7
10/20 St. Petersberg FL 5.3 3 1.6
12/8 San Diego 8.7 3 0.8
11/24 Columbia MO 8.8 2 0.4
12/9 Mesa AZ 7.8 2 0.4
12/10 Santa Monica CA 8.9 2 0.9
11/28 Boseman Mont. 4.0 1 #DIV/0!
12/4 Chico 4.0 1 #DIV/0!
12/7 San Diego 8.0 1 #DIV/0!
12/6 UCSB ### 0 #DIV/0!

PS: Does anyone know if they're taping the summer shows to multi-track DAT
again. I'm hoping the live CD will not be their last.