Referenceerror: Hash is not defined

jbmoore

Sep 14, 2016, 9:33:01 PM9/14/16
to MooTools Users
I have used Mootools off and on for years (always my favorite) and have an old Java application (developed in the late 90's) that I wanted to start updating with newer JavaScript libraries.  Back in the late 90's one used hidden frames to fake Ajax-like functions (Ajax did not exist yet across all browers).  So I'm moving those ancient functions to Mootools.  For simplicity sake and in development I'm using the latest Core and "all" of the More library (at least that is what I think I downloaded).

But I keep getting the error "Referenceerror: Hash is not defined" in the error log in MooTools-More-1.6.0-compat.js on line 8126.

//<1.2compat>
HtmlTable.Parsers = new Hash(HtmlTable.Parsers);
//<1.2compat>

Everything works though???  Just this nuance error pops up when a page loads that has the MooTools libraries.  Firefox shows that both library files are loading without error..   I see it is part of the compat code so why is this choking.. am I missing something I should have downloaded.??

Here are some environment stats if that helps..

Local Server - Apache and Tomcat
Mac OSx 10.8
Firefox 48.0.2

Any thoughts on squashing this error is appreciated..

Sanford Whiteman

Sep 14, 2016, 9:43:19 PM9/14/16
to jbmoore
‎But you don't need the compat layer if there's no existing Moo code.
--

---

Sérgio Crisóstomo

Sep 15, 2016, 1:46:27 AM9/15/16
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
Like Sanford commented you don't need the compat layer if you are writing new code.
Check also that both Core and More are non-compat.

That line of code you showed is from More's HtmlTable.Sort.js and it might be you downloaded Core non-compat and More compat.
You should use both non-compat.

Cheers

---

jbmoore

Sep 17, 2016, 1:42:31 AM9/17/16
to MooTools Users
Thank you both for the feedback.

I suspect I will need the compat version as I will be adding functions that I have programmed in past versions that I don't necessarily want to re-program at this point.

"That line of code you showed is from More's HtmlTable.Sort.js and it might be you downloaded Core non-compat and More compat.
You should use both non-compat."

Ah, that is the hint I needed.. I had not seen the compat version of the core until I just found the "builder"..  I'll test that now..

Thanks..

jbmoore

Sep 17, 2016, 1:55:29 AM9/17/16
to MooTools Users
That did the trick, Thanks so much for that hint...