UT Smartphone Entrepreneurs mailout

Stuart Montgomery

Feb 11, 2009, 9:26:42 PM2/11/09
to ut-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hello and welcome to the UT Smartphone Entrepreneurs!

We're excited to be starting this group in the midst of such rapid
advancement in the smartphone space and we're glad to have witnessed
strong interest at our two information sessions. We learned a lot from
those of you who attended about what you want out of this group and
how we can best help each other.

So here's what's coming next:

Week 1: INTRO TO iPHONE DEVELOPMENT COURSE
Time and Location to be determined by poll (see below)

The majority of those focused on development indicated an interest in
working on the iPhone/iPod touch platform, so we will be holding an
introductory course on developing applications in Cocoa Touch. We're
still planning this event and will send details of what will be
covered soon.

Week 2: Guest Speaker
Time and Location to be determined by poll (see below)

We are currently arranging to have a guest speaker come and talk to
the group about their experience working in the smartphone space. More
details coming soon.

POLL TO VOTE ON MEETING TIME(S)

To ensure that as many of you can attend our events as possible, we'd
like to know what times are best for you. We are hoping to conduct two
types of events:

(1) Talks and development courses, which will be held in the evenings,
Monday through Thursday

(2) Informal "get-togethers" in which groups of you can meet up,
collaborate on projects and share ideas

Please go here and vote on all time slots you are available to attend
our Talks and Courses (item 1 above) so we can begin scheduling those
events.

https://www.doodle.com/participation.html?pollId=h3sv433t4ga3vwxy

STANFORD iPHONE PROGRAMMING CLASS

Stanford University held a class last semester called "iPhone
Application Programming" and their entire curriculum is available at
the link below. It's an excellent resource for beginning iPhone
developers.

http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs193p/cgi-bin/index.php

APPS BY UTSE MEMBERS

We've put up a page on our Google Group site called "Apps by UTSE
members" listing some real applications our members and founders have
developed. As members of the UTSE Google Group, you are all able to
edit that page and we encourage you to add any apps you've worked on,
with a link if possible, for the group to see.

http://groups.google.com/group/ut-smartphone/web/apps-by-utse-members

questions, give feedback on events, or anything else group-related. Of
course, please don't abuse the list and try to be professional when
posting and replying. You can post to the list the following ways:

(1) Sending email (from the email address you signed up with) to:

ut-sma...@googlegroups.com

(2) Posting directly from the Group site:

http://groups.google.com/group/ut-smartphone

If you have any feedback on upcoming events or group matters, please
don't hesitate to send mail to the group or to one of the
administrators. Thanks!

Tarun Nimmagadda
ta...@marigoholdings.com

Stuart Montgomery