ANN: CherryPy 3.0.0

Christian Wyglendowski

Dec 26, 2006, 1:20:06 PM12/26/06
to cherryp...@googlegroups.com, turbo...@googlegroups.com, python-ann...@python.org
Greetings!

Just in time for the holidays and on behalf of the CherryPy team I am
happy to announce the release of CherryPy 3.0.0.

Here are some highlights of the new version:

* As much as 3 times faster than CherryPy 2.
* Much improved WSGI support.
* Powerful enhanced configuration system.
* Even easier to explore in the interactive interpreter.
* Customizable dispatching (even includes a Routes dispatcher).

For more details on those features and more, see:
http://www.cherrypy.org/wiki/WhatsNewIn30

To download the new release, visit
http://www.cherrypy.org/wiki/CherryPyDownload.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release by reporting a bug,
contributing code or even just giving feedback on the mailing list and
IRC.

Christian Wyglendowski
CherryPy Team

Damjan

Dec 27, 2006, 6:16:04 AM12/27/06
to TurboGears
Is it possible to install and use CherryPy 3.0.0 besides 2.2.1 (leaving
it for TurboGears)?

Alberto Valverde

Dec 27, 2006, 8:41:59 AM12/27/06
to turbo...@googlegroups.com

> Is it possible to install and use CherryPy 3.0.0 besides 2.2.1 (leaving
> it for TurboGears)?

Yep. install it with the -m (multi-version) option:

easy_install -m CherryPy==3.0.0

However, you'll need to explicitly require the correct version in your
app's source with pkg_resources.require("CherryPy==3.0.0") and probably
reinstall 2.2.1 with the -m option too and maybe patch turbogears.__init__
so it requires 2.2.1 explicitly.

Alternatively I'd recommend using Ian Bicking's workingenv.py and have two
separate, isolated environments and don't worry about anything ;)

Alberto

Christian Wyglendowski

Dec 26, 2006, 1:20:06 PM12/26/06
to hschi...@nasa.gov, cherryp...@googlegroups.com, turbo...@googlegroups.com, python-ann...@python.org