MCI's Anti-Islam Attitude

Sharaaz Khan x 7195

Jan 10, 1994, 8:04:26 PM1/10/94

Assalam Alaikum dear Muslims,
I am posting an artice that appeared in this Friday's
newletter of MCA in Santa Clara. It is regarding MCI's
outrageous attitude towards the Muslim Education Fund
Program and their attitude in general.

This is not the first time MCI has turned back on their
promise. I have signed up with them one, but they never
really deliver what they promise. I have had bad lines,
bill that caould not be disputed with ease, and a great
deal of headaches since I had signed up. But way before this
incident, I had already changed back to ATT just for their
better service, and clearer lines.

Please support the cause below.

May Allah rewared all of you for what you have done.

AA.

Sharaaz Khan
MEF UPDATE

After one year of a successful long distance program, with many
sacrifices and long distance calls, MEF is no longer asking
Muslims to switch to MCI residential services. To our surprize
only 700 of the thousands of members were accepted by MCI into the
program. With expenses over $150,000 MEF only received partial
commission through March of 1993.

After investigating the numerous unfairly rejected customers, many
were just rejected for silly reasons like no one at home, didn't
speak the language, or spoke Mandarin!!.

Due to poor MCI handling of this residential program, members
complaints mounted; many question why they were not included in
the program or why money generated was so little.

MEF decided to get to the bottom of this and spoke to an MCI top
Manager, Ms. Jeri Galloway, who said that she DID NOT CARE a bit
about this program, and we do not need to contact her again. She
further stated, "I don't like this program."

We then took all complaints to other MCI top executives. After
hundreds of phone calls, faxes, and messages left for these
executives, including the president of MCI, Ms. Galloway was forced
to meet with us in Orlando. This meeting was a nightmare. She
shamelessly said again that she does not care nor support our
cause, and MCI has no interest in our market. When we told her that
this type of attitude and poor customer service will result in all
Muslims switching to another long distance company and they will
never consider MCI again for their residential services, she simply
said, "I DON'T CARE." When asked for reasons why MCi would not address
our concerns especially that we have great customers with high usage
and good loyalty, she said, "I don't have to explain anything to you,
it's a decision I already took, and I am ready to face the
consequences."

Well. Ms. Galloway, you lost our market. A consequence that may
cost MCI hundreds of thousands of loyal customers. Maybe these
consequences weren't really what she had in mind. AlhamduLillah
the MEF concept of Muslim purchasing power is developing and gaining
ground among Muslims in America. We were even recognized by the
leading long distance company, AT&T. Now, when were are done, no
Muslim will ever join Ms. Galloway's MCI residential program. Ms.
Galloway even had the nerve to insult a Sister who embraced Islam
from the crutches of Catholicism by telling her that the POPE WILL
BE ANGRY WITH HER. The MEF Director told her that her attitude
was one of bigotry, discrimination, and anti-Muslim. It was a
hard day at MEF. Allah says,

"And you might dislike something and it's better for you,
and you might like something and it's bad for you. And
Allah knows and you know not."

AT&T is MEF's choice
--------------------
During the time, our negotiations with AT&T were picking up. After
submistting our market potential studies, action plans, and
documentation of our expertise over the past two years with the
MEF program, AT&T showed a great interest in our market and and
our cause.

In contrast with MCI, in a meeting with the executive director of
MEF, brother Ammar Charani, and the top management of AT&T, AT&T
expressed their support to our cause of advancing education in
America. The friendliness and compassion they showed for our
program is really admirable, and it only made sense to them to
give a better offer than MCI, with better customer service, a
better product, and a promise of a great future.

Any customer who joins this program who has long distance phone usage
over $25, whether he/she is an existing customer of an MCI or Sprint
customer, who comes to AT&T through through MEF, 5% of his/her
international and domestic long distance bill will come back to an
organization of his choice(local Masjid, School, reklief or national
organization, etc.) In addition, those who switch from another
carrier to AT&T will receive $25.

This deakl does not go without a challenge. Our challenge is to
get 150,000 customers nationwide to join this program with atleast
45,000 of them new customers.

With 150,000 members Muslims will generate $7,020,000 per year for
their local and national projects. The initial reaction of the
organizations, centers, and individuals has been very positive
and one of enthusiasm. We as a Muslim community in North America,
can reach this target easily by each one of us joining this
program and taking it as his/her responsibility to sign up 10
or more of his Muslim brothers or sisters.

"Allah will support those who support His cause"

To register, send the following form to or call:

Muslim Education Fund
P.O.Box 1100
Goldenrod, FL 32733

Tel) (407)282-7444