Need idea for statistics T-shirt

benn...@yahoo.com

Nov 30, 2005, 11:16:02 AM11/30/05
Does anyone have a good idea for a funny statistical t-shirt ?
The ASA has a "got data" shirt but I'm looking for something
different.

Thanks!

Benn

Gordon Sande

Nov 30, 2005, 11:53:32 AM11/30/05

The one that says

In God we trust
All others bring Data

has a nice ring. You could trying
working something up from

In the beginning was Data
And the Data brought forth understanding

and so on and so on. But it needs work.

Gottfried Helms

Nov 30, 2005, 2:08:48 PM11/30/05
or...
"like to correlate? Needs no causes..."

<G>

Gottfried Helms

Nov 30, 2005, 2:07:47 PM11/30/05
Am 30.11.2005 17:53 schrieb Gordon Sande:
Sinct it is a t-shirt...

"My T-Test" fits ?

<G>

Gottfried Helms

Nov 30, 2005, 2:11:06 PM11/30/05
Am 30.11.2005 17:53 schrieb Gordon Sande:
"mine is less than 5%.
But it's significant"
??

<G>

Gottfried Helms

Nov 30, 2005, 2:19:08 PM11/30/05
"Two independent thoughts in my mind.
Just call me simple structured"

"i'm not mean, just a bit deviant..."

"confirm my sexual power with a second data"

<G>

Gottfried Helms

Nov 30, 2005, 2:38:20 PM11/30/05

"if you like hotelling you'd get my spectrum"

"use poisson only on very rare event"

"a good curve-fit makes always the r-square grow"

"rotate me until I'm orthogonal!"

<G>

Richard Ulrich

Nov 30, 2005, 4:31:06 PM11/30/05

"Statisticians [select a verb] standard deviations"

--
Rich Ulrich, wpi...@pitt.edu
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html

Jeff Miller

Nov 30, 2005, 6:46:10 PM11/30/05
"normally distributed"

On the shirt front: "probably"; on the back: "not".

Gottfried Helms

Dec 1, 2005, 7:48:22 AM12/1/05
Am 01.12.2005 00:46 schrieb Jeff Miller:
> "normally distributed"
>
> On the shirt front: "probably"; on the back: "not".

See my 95% confidential collection of statistician's t-shirts ;-)

http://141.51.96.22/divers/shop/tshirts/

probably there is something significant in for you.

Always your servant -

Gottfried Helms

R.H. Allen

Dec 1, 2005, 11:56:39 AM12/1/05

Well, there are the obligatory "Statisticians do it..." shirts:

"Statisticians do it with confidence."

"Statisticians do it hypergeometrically (because it's discrete)."

"Statisticians do it in intervals."

This reference might be a little too old for anyone under the age of 25,
but how about:

"I'm not leptokurtic, I'm just drawn that way." (Accompanied by a
Jessica Rabbit-type cartoon of a tall skinny person with a big backside.)

Since kurtosis sounds a bit like a disease or a mental condition:

"Kurtosis makes me deviant."

"Kurtosis is preventable. Transform your data today!"

"Kurtosis makes my response surface peak."

And for those who enjoy, er, smoking:

"Statisticians never miss a joint distribution."

Message has been deleted

Gordon Sande

Dec 1, 2005, 12:03:41 PM12/1/05

There is also the overworked oldie

Old Statisticians never die
They are just broken down by age and sex

Bruce Weaver

Dec 1, 2005, 12:29:06 PM12/1/05

stat·is·ti·cian
n.
A mathematician broken down by age and sex.

--
Bruce Weaver
bwe...@lakeheadu.ca

Gottfried Helms