Free space flight simulator called ORBITER

1 view

simple.lan...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2008, 6:25:43 PM10/11/08

Martha Adams

Oct 11, 2008, 9:28:13 PM10/11/08
<simple.lan...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:9ac25870-b103-467c...@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html

This is a sorry thing here. Simple publishes a giant clot
of text about Islam, which is far off topic here. But when
he (apparently same person) does the ORBITER topic, which
seems to fit in here, he just posts the link and no text
at all about it. I wonder how many people *won't* try
that link just in case it connects to a malware source?

Titeotwawki -- mha [sci.space.policy 2008 Oct 11]

kT

Oct 11, 2008, 9:56:53 PM10/11/08
Martha Adams wrote:

I didn't know that was the same person.

It's an instantly recognizable link though.

Everybody is kind of waiting around for the new release, which is
supposed to include client graphics, scripting and a whole lot more, but
the sourceforge orbiter development project is going very slowly because
not too many people are participating in the beta debug, and the 9/29/06
release is so darn stable and so much fun to fly right out of the box!

Nobody even seems to care that the next release may be years off either.

Everybody is like ... what can I do with a Falcon 1? It's all we've got.

Besides those two EELVs and the three space shuttles that is.

Well, there is the Soyuz and the Ariane and a bunch more.

I see a real surge of interest in science throughout the world, now that
religion in government has demonstrated itself to be a total failure.

http://www.ffrf.org/news/2008/NationalDayOfPrayer.php

Alan Erskine

Oct 12, 2008, 7:52:02 AM10/12/08
"Martha Adams" <mh...@verizon.net> wrote in message

And the guy's posting from Poland, no less!

Len Lekx

Oct 12, 2008, 9:54:52 AM10/12/08
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 01:28:13 GMT, "Martha Adams" <mh...@verizon.net>
wrote:

Well... I don't read his posts about Islam, but I *have* been to the
Orbiter site. It *is* a legitimate site, and a very nice
flight-simulator program. Fun to play with, and very nice to simply
watch. :-)

Alan Anderson

Oct 12, 2008, 12:09:05 PM10/12/08
"Alan Erskine" <alan.e...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> > <simple.lan...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html
>

> And the guy's posting from Poland, no less!

Perhaps not "from", but just "through". I know of at least two people
who use an anonymizing router there to hide their true location.