BLOW UP THE MOON, JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT

Alexander Abian

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Enough of 20 million years of unrelenting and inexorable global
catastrophes that have plagued and continue to plague the human species.
There has been not a single day, not a single hour that human species was
not subjected to the storms of all kinds of natural disasters, tempests
of immolations, devastating and deadly epidemics and holocausts of all sorts.

All these ruthless calamities are inextricably related and are direct
consequences of the celestial parameters of the planet Earth. They
cannot be consequences of anything else. The 5 billion year old orbit
and tilt of the Earth are corrupt, putrid and decadent.

It is time to get rid of Newton-Einsteinian paranoid slavish and
pathetic indoctrinations of considering the Solar System and the
cosmic set up as a "magnificent, miraculous celestial harmony".
That harmony is corrupt,peevish, perverse, pestiferous and malignant.

We must reject Darwinian surrender to the evolutionary dictates of the
"mother nature" and to adjust to her "natural selection". That "mother
nature" is indeed a "wicked step-mother nature" and we must teach
her a couple of lessons:

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON THE BLASTING
THAT DULL STUPID LOOKING MOON INTO PIECES - SO BE IT.

We must stop being orbited for million of years like a horde of
blindfolded speechless slave without our consent and without our
having any control over the trajectory of our planet Earth

NASA instead of being preoccupied and obsessed with the totally
irrelevant (for the welfare of the human species on the planet Earth)
question such as whether or not a piece of 4 pound rock came from Mars or
just was a piece of rock always lying on the planet Earth, that same NASA
must solicit from all the countries their nuclear and thermonuclear bombs.
Then the same NASA should locate all these nuclear and thermonuclear
bombs on the Moon and detonate these bombs on the Moon. NASA should
blast the Moon and if necessary should BLOW UP THE MOON, in order to
Jolt the Planet Earth and alter the pestiferous, corrupt, decadent and
putrid 5 billion year old orbit of the Planet Earth.

The most practical and the most expeditious way of JOLTING THE
PLANET EARTH FROM ITS PUTRID ROTTEN AND DECADENT ORBIT IS TO BLOW UP THE
MOON ! There is no other practical and swift way. BLOW UP THE MOON,
BLAST IT INTO PIECES JOLTING THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT.

Alexander Abian.

Mark Gingrich

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

In a bold gambit to leapfrog Nancy Lieder in the sci.astro kookiness
race, Alexander Abian (ab...@iastate.edu) implored:

> The most practical and the most expeditious way of JOLTING THE
> PLANET EARTH FROM ITS PUTRID ROTTEN AND DECADENT ORBIT IS TO BLOW UP THE
> MOON ! There is no other practical and swift way. BLOW UP THE MOON,
> BLAST IT INTO PIECES JOLTING THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT.

[Mark takes on the same pose and voice as Keenan Wynn's Major "Bat" Guano
character, from the film _Dr. Strangelove_ ...]

"Okay, but you're gonna have to answer to the Association of Lunar and
Planetary Observers."

Mark Gingrich gri...@rahul.net San Leandro, California

Alexander Abian

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

[...]

"mother nature" and refuse to adjust to her "natural selection". That

"mother nature" is indeed a "wicked step-mother nature" and we must teach
her a couple of lessons:

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE

PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THAT
DULL STUPID LOOKING MOON WITH THAT MORONISH SMILE ON ON HER FACE,
- SO BE IT.

We must stop being orbited for millions of years like a horde of
blindfolded speechless slaves without our consent and without our

having any control over the trajectory of our planet Earth

NASA instead of being preoccupied and obsessed with the totally
irrelevant (for the welfare of the human species on the planet Earth)
question such as whether or not a piece of 4 pound rock came from Mars or
just was a piece of rock always lying on the planet Earth, that same NASA

must solicit from all the countries their nuclear and thermonuclear arsenal.

Then the same NASA should locate all these nuclear and thermonuclear
bombs on the Moon and detonate these bombs on the Moon. NASA should
blast the Moon and if necessary should BLOW UP THE MOON, in order to

jolt the Planet Earth and alter the pestiferous, corrupt, decadent and

putrid 5 billion year old orbit of the Planet Earth.

And, if all the existing nuclear and thermonuclear bombs are not powerful
enough to blow up the Moon or to blast the Moon into pieces, it seems
that at least they will shook and jolt the Moon sufficiently so as to alter
the orbit of the Earth. I don't care how small the alteration of the
present decadent orbit of the Earth will be - BUT WE MUST, MUST and MUST
IMPOSE OUR WILL ON THE "STEP-MOTHER NATURE" AND NOT SUCCUMB AND SURRENDER
TO HER DISASTROUS (FOR US) CELESTIAL SETUP!!

The most practical and the most expeditious way of JOLTING THE
PLANET EARTH FROM ITS PUTRID ROTTEN AND DECADENT ORBIT IS TO BLOW UP THE
MOON ! There is no other practical and swift way. BLOW UP THE MOON,

BLAST IT INTO PIECES IN ORDER TO JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT.

Alexander Abian.

TIME IS MASS. ABIAN MASS-TIME EQUIVALENCE FORMULA T=-(10^18)Log(1-m/Mo) SECONDS
ALTERING EARTH'S ORBIT AND TILT - STOPPING GLOBAL DISASTERS AND EPIDEMICS.
ALTERING THE SOLAR SYSTEM. REORBITING VENUS INTO A NEAR EARTH-LIKE ORBIT
TO CREATE A BORN AGAIN EARTH.

Daniel Earwicker

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

Alexander Abian <ab...@iastate.edu> wrote in article
<abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu>...

> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THAT
> DULL STUPID LOOKING MOON WITH THAT MORONISH SMILE ON ON HER FACE,
> - SO BE IT.
>
> Alexander Abian.
> --

You know, I think he's got something there...

Daniel.

Alexander Abian

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

I am posting Mr.Jedidiah Whitten's e-mail and my answer to him so that
the others will not bother me with similar immature frivolous remarks
steaming from envy and jealousy.

J. Whitten's e-mailed the following:

In article <abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu> you wrote:

: NASA must solicit from all the countries their nuclear and thermonuclear

: arsenal.
: Then the same NASA should locate all these nuclear and thermonuclear
: bombs on the Moon and detonate these bombs on the Moon. NASA should
: blast the Moon and if necessary should BLOW UP THE MOON, in order to
: jolt the Planet Earth and alter the pestiferous, corrupt, decadent and
: putrid 5 billion year old orbit of the Planet Earth.

Figure our combined nuclear arsenal is on the order of a gigaton. That
would have no important effect on the Moon's orbit, and would come nowhere
near destroying it. You might as well try demolishing a mountain with a
firecracker.
Jedidiah Whitten

----------------------------

I (Abian) answered to J. Whitten (a typical frustrated "nay"'sayer
with no imaginative intrepidity or bold daring) as follows:

Mr. Whitten,

As always, you have to omit enough of the text and throw in an insidiously

wet towel: READ CAREFULLY MY POSTING: it also says:

And, if all the existing nuclear and thermonuclear bombs are not powerful
enough to blow up the Moon or to blast the Moon into pieces, it seems
that at least they will shook and jolt the Moon sufficiently so as to
alter the orbit of the Earth. I don't care how small the alteration of the
present decadent orbit of the Earth will be - BUT WE MUST, MUST and MUST
IMPOSE OUR WILL ON THE "STEP-MOTHER NATURE" AND NOT SUCCUMB AND SURRENDER
TO HER DISASTROUS (FOR US) CELESTIAL SETUP!

---
Also, how do you know how much thermonuclear arsenal does there exist. Do you
have access to the military secrets of various governments. Finally, as
always you show your impatience and rush judgment. WAIT - THERE WILL BE
SUFFICIENT thermonuclear power to blow up the whole solar system.
You forgot about E = mcc ?
Alexander Abian
------------------------

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation
of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)
Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE
--------------------------------

K. E. Starnes

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96
to jim.bl...@cubic.com

Alexander Abian wrote:

> [...]

> the orbit of the Earth. I don't care how small the alteration of the
> present decadent orbit of the Earth will be - BUT WE MUST, MUST and MUST
> IMPOSE OUR WILL ON THE "STEP-MOTHER NATURE" AND NOT SUCCUMB AND SURRENDER
> TO HER DISASTROUS (FOR US) CELESTIAL SETUP!!
>
> The most practical and the most expeditious way of JOLTING THE
> PLANET EARTH FROM ITS PUTRID ROTTEN AND DECADENT ORBIT IS TO BLOW UP THE
> MOON ! There is no other practical and swift way. BLOW UP THE MOON,
> BLAST IT INTO PIECES IN ORDER TO JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT.
>
> Alexander Abian.

> --

> TIME IS MASS. ABIAN MASS-TIME EQUIVALENCE FORMULA T=-(10^18)Log(1-m/Mo) SECONDS
> ALTERING EARTH'S ORBIT AND TILT - STOPPING GLOBAL DISASTERS AND EPIDEMICS.
> ALTERING THE SOLAR SYSTEM. REORBITING VENUS INTO A NEAR EARTH-LIKE ORBIT

How about a new newsgroup: alt.sci.astro.blow-up-the-moon?

Blowing up the moon might be a little risky, but heck, I wouldn't mind
the change. At worse, the elimination of the moon would destroy all
mammal life, perhaps all life. Maybe us mammals need to die off and
give some other species a chance. Maybe insects could give evolution a
go without us pesky mammals hindering their progress.

And all the debris generated by the moon's explosion would make for a
fantastic light show as it showered into the earth's atmosphere.

Besides, who needs tides? Water-skiing near ocean beaches would be fun!
Little or no wave action would make for some glassy conditions. The
lack of tides might go a long way in eliminating a fair amount of all
that smelly, troublesome marine life.

And your also right about the earth needing a new orbit. This billion
year old orbit _is_ getting a little boring. Our little slot near the
sun has grown dated. Sure it has brought us almost infinite varieties
of life, and fostered the evolution of us humans, but how else has our
mundane little orbit helped us?

I think a fun little orbit would be a wild sprawling elliptical orbit
taking the Earth within Mercury's distance from the sun at it's closest
pass then back out to around Saturn. Imagine the varying weather
conditions! No more boring, mild atmosphere. And the added risk of a
planetary collision would make every day on Earth a white-knuckle ride!

I'm sold. Blow up the moon! The new insect age awaits our decision.

Regards,

--
Kurt Eugene Starnes
carbonware corporation

"Who put the dogface in the banana patch?"
-Steve Martin

Rand Simberg

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

In <4uivos$8...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
writes:

This whole thread (to the degree that it should exist at all) should
bea taken to alt.destroy.the.moon. If this companion group to
alt.destroy.the.earth doesn't exist, it would be easy enough to start
it. Anyway, many here would appreciate a timely end to this troll.
sim...@interglobal.org * 310 372-7963 (CA) 307 739-1296 (Jackson Hole)
interglobal space lines * 307 733-1391 (Fax) http://www.interglobal.org
NASA's role is not to send someone to Mars--it's to make it possible for
the National Geographic Society to send someone to Mars...

Alexander Abian

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In article <4uj12i$l...@sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>,

Rand Simberg <sim...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>In <4uivos$8...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
>writes:
>>
>This whole thread (to the degree that it should exist at all) should
>bea taken to alt.destroy.the.moon. If this companion group to
>alt.destroy.the.earth doesn't exist, it would be easy enough to start
>it. Anyway, many here would appreciate a timely end to this troll.
>--

Abian answers:

The above 4 lines (to the degree that it should exist at all) should
be taken to: alt. self-appointed KGB informer-censors. If this
companion group to alt.self-appointed GESTAPO informer-censor doesn't

exist, it would be easy enough to start it. Anyway, many here would

appreciate a timely end to the troll of these self-appointed KGB-GESTAPO
censors.

Mountain Man

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

Alexander Abian wrote:

> And, if all the existing nuclear and thermonuclear bombs are not powerful
> enough to blow up the Moon or to blast the Moon into pieces, it seems
> that at least they will shook and jolt the Moon sufficiently so as to
> alter the orbit of the Earth. I don't care how small the alteration of the
> present decadent orbit of the Earth will be - BUT WE MUST, MUST and MUST
> IMPOSE OUR WILL ON THE "STEP-MOTHER NATURE" AND NOT SUCCUMB AND SURRENDER
> TO HER DISASTROUS (FOR US) CELESTIAL SETUP!

I would like to point out that your view of the moon is diametrically
opposed to that of the late Isaac Asimov who, in one of his many
popular books, once wrote a short chapter entitled "The Triple Triumph
of the Moon" in which he makes the following assertions ....

The Triple Triumph of the Moon:

(1) The moon made it possible for man to evolve and so exist.
(2) The moon made it possible for him to develop mathematics and science.
(3) The moon made it possible for him to transcend Earth and conquer space.

I have published this small (yet profound) article of Asimov upon the
web at the following location:

http://magna.com.au/~prfbrown/i_asimov.html

Pete Brown
BoomerangOutPost: Mountain Man Graphics, Newport Beach, {OZ}
Webulous Coordinates: http://magna.com.au/~prfbrown/welcome.html

QuoteForTheDay: "You shall hear how Hiawatha
prayed and fasted in the forest,
Not for greater skill in hunting,
Not for greater craft in fishing,
Not for triumphs in the battle,
And renown among the warriors,
But for profit of the people,
For advantage of the nations."

- Longfellow (1855)

Alexander Abian

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In article <4uj12i$l...@sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>,
Rand Simberg <sim...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>In <4uivos$8...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
>writes:
>>
>This whole thread (to the degree that it should exist at all) should

>be taken to alt.destroy.the.moon. If this companion group to

>alt.destroy.the.earth doesn't exist, it would be easy enough to start
>it. Anyway, many here would appreciate a timely end to this troll.
>--

Abian answers:

The above 4 lines (to the degree that they should exist at all) should
be taken to: alt.self-appointed KGB informer-censors. If this

Rand Simberg

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In <4ujeh9$b...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
writes:

> The above 4 lines (to the degree that they should exist at all)
> should be taken to: alt.self-appointed KGB informer-censors. If
> this companion group to: alt.self-appointed GESTAPO informer-censor
> doesn't exist, it would be easy enough to start it. Anyway, many
> here would appreciate a timely end to the troll of these
> self-appointed KGB-GESTAPO censors.

And when did expression of an opinion become censorship? Apparently
Iowa State isn't doing a good job of educating its charges.
Outcome-based education?

Alexander Abian

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In article <320E20...@magna.com.au>,

Pete Brown <prfb...@magna.com.au> wrote:
>Alexander Abian wrote:
>
>> And, if all the existing nuclear and thermonuclear bombs are not powerful
>> enough to blow up the Moon or to blast the Moon into pieces, it seems
>> that at least they will shook and jolt the Moon sufficiently so as to
>> alter the orbit of the Earth. I don't care how small the alteration of the
>> present decadent orbit of the Earth will be - BUT WE MUST, MUST and MUST
>> IMPOSE OUR WILL ON THE "STEP-MOTHER NATURE" AND NOT SUCCUMB AND SURRENDER
>> TO HER DISASTROUS (FOR US) CELESTIAL SETUP!
>
>I would like to point out that your view of the moon is diametrically
>opposed to that of the late Isaac Asimov who, in one of his many
>popular books, once wrote a short chapter entitled "The Triple Triumph
>of the Moon" in which he makes the following assertions ....
>

>The Triple Triumph of the Moon:
>
>(1) The moon made it possible for man to evolve and so exist.
>(2) The moon made it possible for him to develop mathematics and science.
>(3) The moon made it possible for him to transcend Earth and conquer space.

>Pete Brown

Abian answers:

Dear Mr. Brown,

I completely disagree with Asimov's appraisal of Moon's role in the life on
the planet Earth.
Believe me if Moon is to disappear tomorrow, the quality of life on Earth
would most probably improve. Because there would occur some changes in
the orbit and the tilt of the Earth. Don't worry no catastrophical
collisions would occur and the Earth will not land on the Sun and be
reduced to elctromagnetic particles. But we most probably will have
a much improved orbit and tilt of our planet Earth. Nothing can be worse
than the present corrupt,and pestiferous Orbit which infests the planet
Earth with deadly viruses of all kinds causing all kinds of fatal and
deadly diseases. Any change is welcome. Nothing can be worse than the
present Cosmic parameters of the Earth. 20 million years of despondency
creating a monstrous beast of the human species.
We are brainwashed with all kinds of social terroristical organizations
which oppose changing the status quo. We are like serfs of feudal era
who believed that their serfdom was a celestial decree.

So, the answer to Asimov's triumph (1) is a negative one : Moon has
created Lunatics (monies).

For Asimov's triumph (2):
I don't see any role of the Moon in enhancing Mathematics and Sciences.
(Leibniz developed Calculus independent of Newton's astronomy)

For Asimov's triumph (3):

Believe me that human genius would have transcended Earth and gone to
outer space in much more ingenious and advanced ways in the absence of
the Moon. In fact Moon serves as a crutch and delayed and delays
the construction of more advanced space vehicles to conquer the space.
The same way that the closely located caravan stations delayed the
transition of travels by camels to travel by cars and planes. The
same way closely located moon station will delay transition of space
travel via much more powerful machines.

The only essential role that Moon can play in the destiny of human
species is to be used as an instrument for altering the orbit and
the tilt of the Earth and thus ending the global corruption raining
on the planet Earth, because of the ruthless calamities of all sorts
created by the present Orbit and Tilt of the Earth.

MOON MUST BE BLOWN UP OR BLASTED OR EVEN JOLTED TO JOLT THE PLANET
EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. THAT MUST BE THE FIRST ITEM IN THE AGENDA OF
NASA (probably any rock that you can find on Mars, you can find a
similar one somewhere on the planet Earth - they are all chips of the
same block).
-----------------

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation
of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)
Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

Jim Kelly

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

Talk about passing the buck... If the moon wasn't where
it is it probably wouldn't be that much farther away...
ie. Maybe sharing our orbit. Then not only would we have
a pesky neihbor, we would have one that would smash into
us periodically.
I'll tell you what. All you moon guys might have something
here. Get together a group, buy chisels of course, and
get yourself a flight to the moon and get to work.
We'll come and get you as soon as you complete
this important mission.

Good luck-

Jim Kelly

Alexander Abian

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In <4ujlfq$j...@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com> sim...@ix.netcom.com(Rand Simberg) writes:

>In <4ujeh9$b...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
>writes:

>> The above 4 lines (to the degree that they should exist at all)
>> should be taken to: alt.self-appointed KGB informer-censors. If
>> this companion group to: alt.self-appointed GESTAPO informer-censor
>> doesn't exist, it would be easy enough to start it. Anyway, many
>> here would appreciate a timely end to the troll of these
>> self-appointed KGB-GESTAPO censors.

>And when did expression of an opinion become censorship? Apparently
>Iowa State isn't doing a good job of educating its charges.
>Outcome-based education?

Abian answers:

And in the above 6 lines, I was also expressing my opinion and since when
my opinion must be approved by you!
And since when you are censoring and instructing "suggestingly" where
to post by reprresenting yourself as a spoksman for a group by saying
"many here would appreciate ..............."

You expressed your opinion, I expressed my opinion almost in the same
manner as you did and I am going to express my opinion about the
solar system, the Earth and the Moon in the groups that I deem to
be quite appropriate. And I am expressing my opinion that you should not
tell me what and where to post an article such as:

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THAT
DULL STUPID LOOKING MOON WITH THAT MORONISH SMILE ON ON HER FACE,
- SO BE IT

Apparently in your school you consider "freedom of speech conditional
to be compatible to your opinion" - otherwise you terrorize and harass
people by using intimidating words such as "troll" etc

pyotr filipivich

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

"Daniel Earwicker" <dan...@dircon.co.uk> writes:

:>Alexander Abian <ab...@iastate.edu> wrote in article
:><abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu>...
:>>
:>> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE

:>> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THAT
:>> DULL STUPID LOOKING MOON WITH THAT MORONISH SMILE ON ON HER FACE,

:>> - SO BE IT.
:>>
:>> Alexander Abian.
:>> --

:>You know, I think he's got something there...

But he's not taking it...

--
py...@halcyon.com Pyotr Filipivich here, Nikolai Petrovich in the SCA.
Two Questions:

Mark Haslam

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

On Sun, 11 Aug 1996, Mountain Man wrote:

> The Triple Triumph of the Moon:
>
> (1) The moon made it possible for man to evolve and so exist.
> (2) The moon made it possible for him to develop mathematics and science.
> (3) The moon made it possible for him to transcend Earth and conquer space.

Yes, but what has it done for us lately?

Edward Green

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

'Mountain Man <prfb...@magna.com.au>' wrote:

>The Triple Triumph of the Moon:
>
>(1) The moon made it possible for man to evolve and so exist.
>(2) The moon made it possible for him to develop mathematics and science.
>(3) The moon made it possible for him to transcend Earth and conquer
space.

>I have published this small (yet profound) article of Asimov upon the
web..

Well, you know, sometimes we blow up the things we love...

I think I get two and three, but one? The Oparin (sp?) hypothesis?

Three seems like kind of bust right now.

Edmund C. Hack

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In article <4ujlfq$j...@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>,

Rand Simberg <sim...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Iowa State isn't doing a good job of educating its charges.
>Outcome-based education?

Gee Rand, don't you read "Weekly World News"? (Or is is "World Weekly
News"?)

Dr. Abian is a faculty member (emeritus, IIRC) of Iowa State. He is
frequently mentioned in the same breath as Ludwig Plutonium.

--
Edmund Hack - ech...@crl.com - Houston, TX
"Watching their faces, I was turning over aces." - Al Stewart

Alexander Abian

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In article <4ukst8$e...@news1.t1.usa.pipeline.com>,

Edward Green <egr...@nyc.pipeline.com> wrote:
>'Mountain Man <prfb...@magna.com.au>' wrote:
>
>>The Triple Triumph of the Moon:
>>
>>(1) The moon made it possible for man to evolve and so exist.
>>(2) The moon made it possible for him to develop mathematics and science.
>>(3) The moon made it possible for him to transcend Earth and conquer space.

Abian answers:
As I mentioned before:

(1) is simply not true - if at all Moon contributed to people's lunacy
(2) Leibniz and many others are counterexamples
(3 The Moon (as a crutch) delayed the construction of space-vehicles
for direct man-flight to Mars

The utmost priority of NASA (for saving the human species from the
devastating calamities of all sorts: health, socio-political brutal
savagery, etc., etc,. ..all of which are inextricably and directly related
and are consequences of the corrupt and decadent 5 billion year old orbit
and tilt of the planet Earth) IS TO JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW
ORBIT. The most expeditious and practical way is TO BLOW UP, OR
BLAST APART OR AT LEAST JOLT THE MOON whereby JOLTING THE EARTH INTO A
NEW ORBIT and liberating the planet Earth from its old rotten orbit
which is infested with deadly, morbid, pestiferous microbes and
viruses.

NASA must alter the orbit of the Earth. This would be the greatest
beneficial triumph of mankind and not succumbing or unconditionally
surrendering to the "natural selection of the wicked Nature" which has
created 20 million years of misery on this planet Earth -replete with
natural disasters and relentless savage wars, wars, wars, wars -
wars everywhere, everyday, every hour, every minute.

NASA must alter the orbit of the Earth and not waste valuable time and
resources in determining whether or not a piece of four pound rock (of which
I am sure you can find exact duplicates on this planet Earth and
probably in everyone's backyard) came from Mars, Mercury, Venus or
from any part of the Solar System - the rocks are all chips of the same
old block!

Alexander Abian

Rand Simberg

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In <abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander
Abian) writes:

>Apparently in your school you consider "freedom of speech conditional
>to be compatible to your opinion" - otherwise you terrorize and harass
>people by using intimidating words such as "troll" etc

Well, I'm not in school anymore, FWIW.

You must be pretty easily terrorized. Why is your ego is so weak that
someone simply disagreeing with elicits such a response?

Doug Groseclose

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

In article <4uivos$8...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu says...

>: Then the same NASA should locate all these nuclear and

thermonuclear
>: bombs on the Moon and detonate these bombs on the Moon. NASA should
>: blast the Moon and if necessary should BLOW UP THE MOON,

Gee, Al, have we given up on moving Venus? Or, are you just getting that
pesky moon out of the way so the move will be easier? While you're
rearranging the solar sytem please get rid of that nasty asteriod belt.
It doesn't seem to do any good and will make for a damn rough ride when
we go to Saturn.

Marcus Lindroos INF

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

Daniel Earwicker (dan...@dircon.co.uk) wrote:
: Alexander Abian <ab...@iastate.edu> wrote in article
: <abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu>...
: >
: > WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
: > PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THAT
: > DULL STUPID LOOKING MOON WITH THAT MORONISH SMILE ON ON HER FACE,
: > - SO BE IT.
: >
: > Alexander Abian.
: > --
:
: You know, I think he's got something there...

Nuclear weapons would be utterly useless for changing the Moon's or
Earth's orbit... I believe the simultaneous detonation of all existing
warheads on the Moon would just create another crater on the lunar
surface.

: Daniel.

--
MARCU$

---------------------------------------
If there was only something between us,
...other than our clothes.
--David Bowie
Marcus Lindroos
PL 402 A
07880 Liljendal, FINLAND

Email:mlin...@aton.abo.fi
Fax:358-15-616667
WWW:http://www.abo.fi/~mlindroo
--------------------------------------

Jonathan Silverlight

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

You mean in the last two years or so?

Given tens (hundreds?) of millions of people across Asia the chance
to see the glorious spectacle of a total eclipse of the sun. I was
there.

In article <>, Mark Haslam (has...@u.washington.edu) writes: >

>On Sun, 11 Aug 1996, Mountain Man wrote:
>
>> The Triple Triumph of the Moon:
>>
>> (1) The moon made it possible for man to evolve and so exist.
>> (2) The moon made it possible for him to develop mathematics and science.
>> (3) The moon made it possible for him to transcend Earth and conquer space.
>>

>Yes, but what has it done for us lately?

"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers"

Edward Green

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

'Mountain Man <prfb...@magna.com.au>' wrote:

>But Ed - have you got a web browser?

Yes, but it's like starting a Model T Ford, and about as cranky

>Oh well, I will try a dump on the first one .....

Thanks. So it was indeed the tides, of course, but in terms of the
drive torwards life on land. I was thinking of an earlier event; the
creation of life. One hypothesis goes it would have happened in tidal
pools -- though wave action may have been necessary or sufficient also.
So, the idea goes, we have a primitive lifeless sea, but soupy with
organic precursors, synthesized by chance by time and lightening. But
it's still pretty dilute, and the necessary combinations are still too
improbable even in your billion year time scale. Well, lets say on some
rocky coast at about high tide some seawater sloshes over into a rocky
depression, and remains there, stagnant, as the tide receeds. And the
pool cooks in the sun, and becomes more concentrated. And next high tide,
some more water sloshes in, but doesn't wash all the residue out from last
time, and we concentrate a little more stuff. And eventully, after
hundreds of tides, with have a nice concentrated organic goo, just baking
in the sun...

And the rest is history.

I have to say I find Asimovs story about the moon appealing, but maybe a
little less convincing than this other one. Wave action would seem enough
in either case. And the sun contributes a tide one half the magnitude of
the moons? I didn't know that. Even if tides are essential, this only
seems like a handicap, sans moon.

--

Ed Green / egr...@nyc.pipeline.com

"[C]ulture that deprives one of the many joys of being
uncultured still seems to me a misuse of the mind." Hecht

Michael Varney

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

Daniel Earwicker wrote:

> Alexander Abian <ab...@iastate.edu> wrote in article
> <abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu>...
> >
> > WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
> > PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THAT
> > DULL STUPID LOOKING MOON WITH THAT MORONISH SMILE ON ON HER FACE,
> > - SO BE IT.
> >
> > Alexander Abian.
> > --
>
> You know, I think he's got something there...
>
> Daniel.

Let us just hope he does not give it to us!
--
Michael Varney

Department of Physics

Colorado State University

If as*holes could fly, it would be perpetually dark!

Of course, one kind person will lift the darkness.

mcva...@holly.colostate.edu

http://holly.colostate.edu/~mcvarney

Michael Varney

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

Alexander Abian spewed:

WE MUST, MUST and MUST
> >> IMPOSE OUR WILL ON THE "STEP-MOTHER NATURE" AND NOT SUCCUMB AND SURRENDER
> >> TO HER DISASTROUS (FOR US) CELESTIAL SETUP!

> MOON MUST BE BLOWN UP OR BLASTED OR EVEN JOLTED TO JOLT THE PLANET

> EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. THAT MUST BE THE FIRST ITEM IN THE AGENDA OF
> NASA (probably any rock that you can find on Mars, you can find a
> similar one somewhere on the planet Earth - they are all chips of the
> same block).

........<SNIP>.........

What a flake! He is almost as bad as pluto! Hey Abian, fix you
CapsLock key, it keeps sticking.

Mountain Man

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Edward Green wrote:

> 'Mountain Man <prfb...@magna.com.au>' wrote:
>
> >The Triple Triumph of the Moon:
> >
> >(1) The moon made it possible for man to evolve and so exist.
> >(2) The moon made it possible for him to develop mathematics and science.
> >(3) The moon made it possible for him to transcend Earth and conquer
> space.
> >
> >I have published this small (yet profound) article of Asimov upon the
> web..
>
> Well, you know, sometimes we blow up the things we love...
>
> I think I get two and three, but one? The Oparin (sp?) hypothesis?
>
> Three seems like kind of bust right now.

But Ed - have you got a web browser?

Oh well, I will try a dump on the first one .....

==========[quoting Isaac Asimov ...

To begin with, man might conceivably not exist at all if Earth had had no Moon.
The dry land might have remained untennanted.

Life began in the sea some three billion years ago or more, and for at
least 80 per cent of its entire history on this planet, it remained in
the sea. Life is adapted for the surface layers of the ocean primarily,
and only by the power of versatile adjustment over many generations has
it succeeded in colonising the surface's borderlands: downward into the
abyss, outward into the fresh-water rivers and
lakes, and outward/upward into the land and air.

Of the borderlands, dry land must in its way have been most exotic;
as impossible to sea life as the surface of the Moon is to us. If we
imagine a primitive sea creature intelligent enough to have speculated
about land life, we can be sure he would be appalled by the
prospect. On land, an organism would be subjected to the full and
eternal pull of gravity, to the existence of wild oscillations of
temperature both daily and yearly, to the crushing need to get and
retain water in an essentially water- free environment , to the need
to get oxygen out of dry, and desiccating, air rather than out of
mild water solution.

Such a sea creature might imagine itself emerging from the sea in
a water-filled land suit with mechanical grapples to support him
against gravity, insulation against temperature change, and so on.

The sea life of half a billion years ago had, however, no technology
to help it defeat the land. It could only adapt itself over hundreds
or thousands of generations to the point where it could live on land
unprotected.

But what force drove it to do so, in the absence of a deliberate
decision to do so?

The tides ...

Life spread outward into the rims of the ocean, where the sea water
rose up against the continental slopes and then fell back twice
each day. And thousands of ,species of seaweed and worms and crustaceans
and molluscs and fish rose and fell with those tides. Son
e were exposed on shore as the sea retreated, and of those a very few
survived, because they happened, for some reason, to be the
best able to withstand the nightmare of land existence until the healing,
life-giving water returned.

Species adapted to the temporary endurance of dry land developed, and
the continuing pressure of competitor saw to it that there was
survival value to be gained in developing the capacity to withstand
dry-land conditions for longer and ever-longer periods.

Eventually species developed that could remain on land indefinitely.
About 425 million years ago, plant life began cautiously to green
the edges of the continent. Snails, spiders, insects developed to
take advantage of a new food supply. Some 400 million years ago,
certain fish were crawling on new-made limbs over the soggy mud flats.

(Actually we are descended from fresh-water creatures who probably
came to endure land as a result of the periodic drying of ponds,
but they could have completed the colonisation only because the
tides had already populated the continents and produced an ecology to
become part of.)

And of course the tides are the product of the Moon. The Sun, to
be sure, also produces tides, nearly half the size of those produced
by the Moon today, but that smaller to-and-fro wash of salt water
would represent a smaller drive towards land and might have led to
the colonisation of the continents much later in time, if at all.

Indeed, hundreds of millions of years ago, when land life was evolving,
the Moon was surely closer to Earth, and the tides were
considerably more ample. It is even possible that the Moon
was captured late in the existence of life and that it was
the long period of giant tides that followed which produced
the necessary push for the colonisation of the land.

[I wonder if, when we explore the galaxy, we will find life
universally present on all Earthlike planets, but always sea
life. I wonder if we'll find that land lile requires that most
unlikely event, the capture of a large moon, and that we are
therefore alone in the galaxy after all.]

===============[End of quote from Asimov]=============

Full text of article at http://magna.com.au/~prfbrown/i_asimov.html

Thus, Ed, this is Asimov's strike at #1.

Bill Nelson

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Edmund C. Hack (ech...@crl.com) wrote:

: Dr. Abian is a faculty member (emeritus, IIRC) of Iowa State. He is

: frequently mentioned in the same breath as Ludwig Plutonium.

Hey, that is unfair - to Ludy! At least he reads books, even if he
cannot understand what they contain. As far as I can tell, Abian has
not read anything except math texts - in the last decade or two.

Bill

Jim Kelly

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

You moon guys are a bunch of spineless wusses. You talk a big game but
when it comes down to actually doing any work, you would prefer
to squawk like the big turkeys that you are. Sell your computers,
pool your money and go to the moon. The fact that you guys are still
posting means you aren't putting in 100%. Anyone can talk about
doing something but few can follow through. You guys are just proving
that you are incompetent as far as this task is concerned and therfore
you are unable comment and be credible at the same time.

The anti-moon-people are dishonest and lazy-a blight to their
own cause. A self directed nusiance whose vision only allows them
to move in a direction causes them to bump heads This produces
a hollow sound, like when they talk about blowing up the moon.
It's a sad vicious cycle.

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Math texts are books too (usually).

---

Dan Rose

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

In article
<Pine.OSF.3.92a.96081...@saul7.u.washington.edu>
Mark Haslam <has...@u.washington.edu> writes:

> > The Triple Triumph of the Moon:
> >
> > (1) The moon made it possible for man to evolve and so exist.
> > (2) The moon made it possible for him to develop mathematics and science.
> > (3) The moon made it possible for him to transcend Earth and conquer space.
> >

> Yes, but what has it done for us lately?

A few neat solar eclipses? ;-D

Daniel Rose
Student - Sound Recording Technology
University of Massachusetts Lowell
danie...@aol.com

Rhys Ziemer

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Iowa State University

The Faculty:

ABIAN, ALEXANDER, Emeritus Professor of Mathematics. M.S., 1954, Chicago;
Ph.D., 1956, Cincinati. 1967.

Give the guy a break.

-Rhys Ziemer

Julian Bordas

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96
to mcva...@holly.colostate.edu

>What a flake! He is almost as bad as pluto! Hey Abian, fix you
>CapsLock key, it keeps sticking.

Hello
By flake I take it you mean

A few sandwiches short of a picnic. or
a shilling short of a pound or
has a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock or
a five can six pack or
as nutty as a fruit cake

Cheers

Julian

The chili king from way south of the border

Fraering Philip G

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Alexander Abian writes:

>The 5 billion year old orbit and tilt of the Earth are corrupt,
>putrid, and decadent.

I'm pretty sure you're at least 3.8 billion years off.

BTW, I read a pretty good book last month: Mark Helprin's _A Soldier
Of The Great War_.

You might want to read it. Read all the way through to the final scene
with the typewriter, though.

Phil
--
Phil Fraering * "We are the pointy-heads! We are from France!" *
p...@srl03.cacs.usl.edu % D-Day's crunchy and good with crab boil during

Fraering Philip G

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

In article <abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:

>So, the answer to Asimov's triumph (1) is a negative one : Moon has
>created Lunatics (monies).

Whoa there. Since when has being a lunatic been something negative?

It seems to me you're a little too wrapped up in some "normie"
behavior modes yourself.

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)
Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

In other words, there is not such thing as gravity, the world just
sucks?

Rameses Niblick the Third

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96

> WE MUST, MUST and MUST

>> MOON MUST BE BLOWN UP OR BLASTED OR EVEN JOLTED TO JOLT THE PLANET

>> EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. THAT MUST BE THE FIRST ITEM IN THE AGENDA OF

I missed the start of this thread. Why would you want to move the earth into a
new orbit?

And blowing up the moon would have disastrous effects on the earth anyway.
There would be no tides, less madmen, no vampires, no lycanthropes, less
floods, no eclipses, no fear of the moon falling out of orbit and colliding
with earth.

How could we live without them?

Rameses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk Whoops Where's my Thribble.

A wise man once said... "I am not a wise man"

Adam R. Grossman

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

In article <4uivos$8...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander
Abian) wrote:

>Also, how do you know how much thermonuclear arsenal does there exist. Do you
>have access to the military secrets of various governments. Finally, as
>always you show your impatience and rush judgment. WAIT - THERE WILL BE
>SUFFICIENT thermonuclear power to blow up the whole solar system.
>You forgot about E = mcc ?
>Alexander Abian

In a nuclear explosion only something like .001% of the matter is
converted to energy. You would need a matter-antimatter explosion to get
almost 100% conversion. I'm sorry, but that wont work, and you whole idea
is...well...moronic!

Adam R. Grossman

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

How does the moon--the MOON!--cause wars?

Alexander Abian

Aug 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/17/96

In article <adamgrosmn-16...@billgros.tiac.net>,

Adam R. Grossman <adamg...@aol.com> wrote:
>In article <4uivos$8...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander
>Abian) wrote:

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE

PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING IT
APART - SO BE IT.

NASA should locate the nuclear and thermonuclear arsenals on the
Moon and detonate them on the Moon. NASA should blast the Moon
apart and if necessary should BLOW UP THE MOON, in order to jolt the
Planet Earth and alter the pestiferous, corrupt, decadent and putrid 5
billion year old orbit of the Planet Earth.

And, if all the existing nuclear and thermonuclear arsenals are not powerful
enough to blow up the Moon or to blast the Moon into pieces, it seems
that at least they will shook and jolt the Moon sufficiently so as to alter
the orbit of the Earth. I don't care how small the alteration of the
present decadent orbit of the Earth will be - BUT WE MUST, MUST and MUST
IMPOSE OUR WILL ON THE NATURE AND NOT SUCCUMB AND SURRENDER TO HER
DISASTROUS (FOR US) CELESTIAL SETUP!!

The most practical and the most expeditious way of JOLTING THE
PLANET EARTH FROM ITS DECADENT ORBIT IS TO BLOW UP THE MOON ! There is
no other practical and swift way. BLOW UP THE MOON, BLAST IT INTO
PIECES IN ORDER TO JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT.
Alexander Abian.
-----
A.G. Grossman says:

>In a nuclear explosion only something like .001% of the matter is
>converted to energy. You would need a matter-antimatter explosion to
>get

>almost 100% conversion. I'm sorry, but that wont work .....

Abian answers:

Mr. Grossman,

There is and there will be no shortage of energy to Jolt the Earth
into a new orbit. The energy item is a secondary one. The primary
item IS TO ACCEPT THE CONCEPT THAT THE EXISTING ORBIT OF
THE PLANET EARTH IS NOT EVEN AN OPTIMAL ONE. We have been brainwashed
by the leadership of all ruling classes: - academic, religious, social,
political,etc., etc to accept the celestial parameters of the Planet
Earth as items designed by some super-natural intelligence inspired by
some divine wisdom. In reality the celestial parameters of the earth
are decadent, corrupt, brutal and malignant.
We are so brain washed by accepting with such a religious zest and reverence
the present setup of the Solar System that even revolutionaries
such as Marx and Lenin did not dare to question that system. They
did not have the guts, the revolutionary imagination to defy and revolt
against the corrupt feudal celestial system and in particular the
Solar system and specifically the orbit of the Planet Earth.

I am here raising my fist of defiance and saying that we should
change the 5 billion year old cruel, brutal and rotten orbit of
the planet Earth - we must overthrow that despotic set-up and impose
our will on the orbital destiny of our planet Earth.

Mr. Grossman, the most important thing is to get rid of the
slavish attitude of accepting without questioning or without revolting
against the chaotic, irrational, insane, hazardous and super calamitous
celestial parameters of our planet Earth. That is the most important
item for NASA and for the Space technology, in general.

-----------------

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation
of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)

Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

------

David L Evens

Aug 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/17/96

Rameses Niblick the Third (bija...@freenet.hut.fi) wrote:
: > WE MUST, MUST and MUST
: >> >> IMPOSE OUR WILL ON THE "STEP-MOTHER NATURE" AND NOT SUCCUMB AND SURRENDER
: >> >> TO HER DISASTROUS (FOR US) CELESTIAL SETUP!

: >> MOON MUST BE BLOWN UP OR BLASTED OR EVEN JOLTED TO JOLT THE PLANET
: >> EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. THAT MUST BE THE FIRST ITEM IN THE AGENDA OF

: I missed the start of this thread. Why would you want to move the earth into a
: new orbit?

: And blowing up the moon would have disastrous effects on the earth anyway.
: There would be no tides, less madmen, no vampires, no lycanthropes, less
: floods, no eclipses, no fear of the moon falling out of orbit and colliding
: with earth.

: How could we live without them?

We'd still have tides, but only the Solar ones. The bigest problem would
be the debris field we'd be in the middle of (assuming you COULD blow
apart the Moon).

: Rameses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk Whoops Where's my Thribble.

: A wise man once said... "I am not a wise man"

--
---------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Ring around the neutron, | "OK, so he's not terribly fearsome.

Darren Garrison

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

adamg...@aol.com (Adam R. Grossman) wrote:

>In article <4uivos$8...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander
>Abian) wrote:
>

>>Also, how do you know how much thermonuclear arsenal does there exist. Do you
>>have access to the military secrets of various governments. Finally, as
>>always you show your impatience and rush judgment. WAIT - THERE WILL BE
>>SUFFICIENT thermonuclear power to blow up the whole solar system.
>>You forgot about E = mcc ?
>>Alexander Abian
>

>In a nuclear explosion only something like .001% of the matter is
>converted to energy. You would need a matter-antimatter explosion to get

>almost 100% conversion. I'm sorry, but that wont work, and you whole idea
>is...well...moronic!

Even matter-antimatter collisions have only about 50% energy
conversion-- the rest is put into particles.

David L Evens

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

Darren Garrison (Dar...@cris.com) wrote:

Well, you DO get perfect conversion, but you get this problem: You have
all of these photons produced that happen to have the PLENTY of energy to
undergo pair production (since they were just formed by pair annihiliation).

Now, these particle-antiparticle pairs DO, in general, undergo
annihiliation again, but the result is that the energy release gets
'fuzzed out' by a significant ammount. You can't get the kind of shock
effect out of a matter-antimatter warhead that a simple calculation implies.

eric kline

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

Alexander Abian wrote:

[.. what I can only assume to be a troll deleted ..]

Do you think this is how Evil the Cat got started?

Eric

p.s. For those who miss the reference, you've gotta start watching
Earthworm Jim.

--
emk...@acs.tamu.edu
http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~kline/

Alexander Abian

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

>How does the moon--the MOON!--cause wars?

Abian answers:

By causing lunatics to be produced !

So, blow up the Moon, or blast it apart or at least jolt it in order to jolt
the planet Earth into a new (and more sane) orbit.
This must be NASA's top priority and not the determination whether a piece
of 4 pound rock is from Mars, or from Earth or from any other planet.
That is absolutely irrelevant and utterly unnecessary. I have 5 billion
year old rocks in my own back-yard. I will gladly donate them to NASA
for determining whether or not there was "life" on whatever planet the rocks
in my back yard came from.

Alexander Abian

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

In article <adamgrosmn-16...@billgros.tiac.net>,

Adam R. Grossman <adamg...@aol.com> wrote:
>In article <4uivos$8...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander
>Abian) wrote:
>
>>Also, how do you know how much thermonuclear arsenal does there exist. Do you
>>have access to the military secrets of various governments. Finally, as
>>always you show your impatience and rush judgment. WAIT - THERE WILL BE
>>SUFFICIENT thermonuclear power to blow up the whole solar system.
>>You forgot about E = mcc ?
>>Alexander Abian
>
>In a nuclear explosion only something like .001% of the matter is
>converted to energy. You would need a matter-antimatter explosion to get
>almost 100% conversion. I'm sorry, but that wont work, and you whole idea
>is...well...moronic!

Abian answers:

It is utterly moronic, insane, cowardly and an outburst of adolescent
temper tantrum and hysteria to worry about how much energy is needed ?
Do we have that much energy at our disposal? Is it .001% or
0.000001% of E = mcc , etc., etc.? I have told you once and you and
others seem to miss the entire point, completely and totally. Do not
let me repeat to your ..... remarks!

The first, the utmost basic thing to do is to GET RID OF THE
INSANE SLAVISH ACCEPTANCE AND SURRENDER TO CRUEL, BRUTAL, GARBAGE
PROPAGANDA OF ALL ACADEMIC, SOCIAL, POLITICAL, RELIGIOUS TYRANNICAL
BUREAUCRATICAL POWER STRUCTURES WHICH BRAINWASHED AND BRAINWASH US OF THAT
THE CELESTIAL ORGANIZATION AND IN PARTICULAR THE ORBIT OF THE PLANET
EARTH ARE A MAGNIFICENT GIFT TO HUMANITY for which we should eternally
be grateful, bow our heads , feel guilty that we are not thankful and
grateful enough - which is considered a sin - and the aim of our lives
should be to atone for our sins, admire the celestial setup and in
particular the orbit and the tilt of the Earth. Never, never criticize
it and instead pray constantly for our sins for not praising enough the
5 billion rotten orbit of the Earth - and for these idiotical reasons we
should eternallyfeel guilty.
I am telling you I am telling to various Darwins, Newtons, Einsteins, Marxes,
Lenins, etc., etc that the first and utmost urgent thing to do is to
raise our fists of defiance and topple the 5 billion year tyrannical
celestial organization - and alter the orbit of the Earth as the first,
very first step. We must liberate ourselves from the blind obedience of
accepting and admiring the decadent 5 billion year old orbit and tilt of
the Earth and thereby assert our mastery over the moronish celestial
setup and "NaturalSelection". WE will SELECT THE NATURE AND WE WILL
TELL THE NATURE HOW AND WHAT ORBITS TO ASSIGN TO Planets.
ENOUGH OF SLAVERY, ENOUGH OF SPEECHLESSNESS , ENOUGH OF ADMIRING what
decadent academic, socio-political , etc., etc establishments force us
to admire to keep us under control and not to jolt the status quo.

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE

PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
MOON OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE PLANET EARTH
- SO BE IT.

Fuzzy

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) wrote:

It's no good. A few mates of mine tried it last week. Moon blew to
smitherines, but before we could crack open the first beer to
celebrate, "pop" another moon spontaneously comes into existence, and
we were back where we started.

<This sounds like the start of a great flame war>

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)

Rand Simberg

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

In <4v9k2u$l...@zeus.orl.mmc.com> Doug_Gr...@ccmail.orl.mmc.com
(Doug Groseclose) writes:

>>Troll.
>>--
>
>Yeah, I thought so too at first. Some time back he was
>spouting about moving Venus to a different orbit to
>accomodate overpopulation of Earth. He's actually
>serious. If you ignore him he won't go away.

My concern is not so much whether or not he goes away, as that there
not be a flurry of posts from others responding to this nonsense. But
here we go...I'm doing it myself.
sim...@interglobal.org * 310 372-7963 (CA) 307 739-1296 (Jackson Hole)
interglobal space lines * 307 733-1391 (Fax) http://www.interglobal.org
NASA's role is not to send someone to Mars--it's to make it possible for
the National Geographic Society to send someone to Mars...

Rand Simberg

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

In <4v8fn1$a...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
writes:

> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE

> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE

> MOON OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE PLANET
> EARTH - SO BE IT.

Troll.

pyotr filipivich

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

Doug_Gr...@ccmail.orl.mmc.com (Doug Groseclose) writes:
:>In article <4v8h61$5...@dfw-ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>,
:>sim...@ix.netcom.co says...
:>>
:>>Troll.
:>>--

:>Yeah, I thought so too at first. Some time back he was
:>spouting about moving Venus to a different orbit to
:>accomodate overpopulation of Earth. He's actually
:>serious. If you ignore him he won't go away.

Foo - I looked into that once, move Venus & mars together to a near
Earth orbit (or further around the earths orbit) for a major
Terrraforming project. The terraforming is the easy part, it's getting
the everal gazillion bottles of soda all pointed in the right direction
and opened in the proper sequence, that's the problem. (It's that
non-reactive propulsion system that's the real problem.)

Hmm time to go back to the sources - I wonder if Mars would make a good
"moon" for Venus?.

tschus
pyotr

--
py...@halcyon.com Pyotr Filipivich here, Nikolai Petrovich in the SCA.
Two Questions:
"Who is John Galt?" is the easy one.
"Who hired Craig Livingstone?" is the hard one.

Doug Groseclose

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

Rameses Niblick the Third

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

I wasn't here for the start of this conversation, but would we want Earth in a
new orbit? If it has to do with meteors, then no matter what orbit we are at,
we are always at the same risk. In fact, a new orbit for earth could be fatal
to certain species, including humans, and not only that, but about half of the
debris from the moon would hit the earth, berhaps creating a nuclear winter,
or some kind of other sun-blocking thing, giving the planet another ice-age.

Rameses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk Whoops Where's my Thribble

A wise man once said "Shoot him! He's the wiseguy!"

Alexander Abian

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <4v8h61$5...@dfw-ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>,

Rand Simberg <sim...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>In <4v8fn1$a...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
>writes:

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

Simberg writes:

>Troll.

Abian answers:

Troll yourself.

Alexander Abian

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In <bijaysis.5...@freenet.hut.fi> bija...@freenet.hut.fi (Rameses Niblick the Third) writes:

>I wasn't here for the start of this conversation, but would we want Earth in a
>new orbit?

Abian answers: Yes, in order not to have relentless inexorable incessant
disasters, earth-quakes, floods, storms, brutal winters, scorching
summers, deadly diseases and deadly epidemics, wars, wars and wars...

Ramses continues:

>................. In fact, a new orbit for earth could be fatal
>to certain species, including humans, .........

Abian answers:

How do you know ? Almost nothing could be more fatal than the
existing celestial parameters of the Earth! See how many people are
dying every hour from natural disasters, fatal diseases, and constant
bloody, brutal, savage,manslaughters and wars - all these are direct
consequences of the celestial parameters of the planet Earth ! Of what
else they could be a consequence ? ! Of what else ?! The decadent, cruel
orbit of the planet Earth has created the monstrous human beasts.
They tear apart infants, slaughter children bury alive competing
adversaries, etc., etc . IT IS TIME TO RADICALLY CHANGE THE 5 billion
year old monstrous, bestial orbit of the Planet Earth.

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE

PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE

MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

Alexander Abian

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <4v9sio$k...@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>,
Rand Simberg <sim...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>My concern is not so much whether or not he goes away, as that there
>not be a flurry of posts from others responding to this nonsense. But
>here we go...I'm doing it myself.

Abian answers:

"My concern" - O, please, stop patronizing "My concern" - O, you
have nothing else to do but to be "Concerned about my Postings" -Why
do you answer them and add to the "flurry of posts"? Why? I wish you stop
answering my posts and concern yourself with not being concerned with
my postings, as you so fervently desire! But you can't you are attracted,
impressed and captivated by JOLTING THE EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT!

However, you don't have the guts to admit that almost the entire world
(especially you!) is fascinated and inculcated by the idea of JOLTING
THE EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT.

Only reactionatries and status quo preserving "wet towel throwers"," nay
sayers", people with limited mentality, indoctrinated and brainwashed
by terroristic KGB - GESTAPO type organizations - are speechlessly and
with blind obedience - propagate the eternal admiration, gratitude
to the ideas of these tyrannical organizations whose agents are Newtons,
Darwins, Einsteins, Karl Marxes, Lenins, etc., all of whom have religious
reverence and subservience to the rotten Celestial Organization whereby
each is pushing its political partyline interpretation and devotion to
the corrupt "Laws of Nature".

Mr. Simberg, you cannot stop the flurry of posts in the utmost
important and radically revolutionary idea of JOLTING THE PLANET EARTH
INTO A NEW ORBIT. People are attracted to it, they will not give up
pursuing it, no matter how hard you try to suffocate the idea of

(1) JOLTING THE EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT

That idea has caught the imagination of especially young scientists.
Well I am challenging you - try to suffocate this idea, try!
(1) is the way of the future, (1) is the emancipator and ultimate
liberator of the intellect from the present Cosmic-setup admirer slaves and
serfs such as Einstein, Newton, Darwin, Marx and Lenin.

Th intelligent, broad and open minded, intrepid readers will not
give up (1).You try to dissuade the readers. Try ! They have been exposed
to the ultimate liberation of the intellect and there is no way that they
will go back to the decadent way of being orbited without their consent
like speechless slaves bowing their heads and not raising their fists of
defiance against the present celestial tyrannical setup.

James C. Stutts

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <bijaysis.5...@freenet.hut.fi>, bija...@freenet.hut.fi (Rameses Niblick the Third) writes:
>I wasn't here for the start of this conversation, but would we want Earth in a
>new orbit?

You wouldn't. He's either a nutcasae or merely trolling.

JCS

Rand Simberg

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In <4vcosj$5...@ultranews.duc.auburn.edu> stu...@eng.auburn.edu (James
C. Stutts) writes:

>You wouldn't. He's either a nutcasae or merely trolling.

That's not an exclusive "or." It's quite possible that both are
correct.

Alexander Abian

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <4vcg57$r...@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>,
Rand Simberg <sim...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>In <4vbokl$c...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
>writes:
<frivolities snipped>

Abian answers:

Mr. Simberg,

I asked you not to read my postings. Apparently you can't.
Apparently like many, you are under their spell and cannot ignore them.
Apparently you, like many others, are captivated and fascinated by the idea
that:

Alexander Abian

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <4vcosj$5...@ultranews.duc.auburn.edu>,

James C. Stutts <stu...@eng.auburn.edu> wrote:
>In article <bijaysis.5...@freenet.hut.fi>, bija...@freenet.hut.fi (Rameses Niblick the Third) writes:
>>I wasn't here for the start of this conversation, but would we want Earth in a
>>new orbit?
>

>You wouldn't. He's either a nutcasae or merely trolling.
>

>JCS

Abian answers:
And you are both a nutcase and trolling

Alexander Abian

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <4vd0p3$q...@news.cc.utah.edu>,
Paul A. Lane <pal...@cpt9.physics.utah.edu> wrote:
>Glad to see you're still out there (I'm an ISU alum).
>
>Alex says:
>.........................ommissions.........................

Abian answers:

Paul, glad to hear from you.

Tell them in Sheffield that:

----------------------

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation

of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)
Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

Paul A. Lane

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

Glad to see you're still out there (I'm an ISU alum).

Alex says:

|> However, you don't have the guts to admit that almost the entire world
|> (especially you!) is fascinated and inculcated by the idea of JOLTING

|> THE EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT.

No, I'm not particularly interested. Think what it would do to the property
values! Of course, should we jolt it closer to warm the artic areas or farther
to cool the hot tropics. Enquiring minds want to know!

|> Only reactionatries and status quo preserving "wet towel throwers"," nay
|> sayers", people with limited mentality, indoctrinated and brainwashed
|> by terroristic KGB - GESTAPO type organizations - are speechlessly and
|> with blind obedience - propagate the eternal admiration, gratitude
|> to the ideas of these tyrannical organizations whose agents are Newtons,
|> Darwins, Einsteins, Karl Marxes, Lenins, etc., all of whom have religious
|> reverence and subservience to the rotten Celestial Organization whereby
|> each is pushing its political partyline interpretation and devotion to
|> the corrupt "Laws of Nature".

|> Mr. Simberg, you cannot stop the flurry of posts in the utmost
|> important and radically revolutionary idea of JOLTING THE PLANET EARTH
|> INTO A NEW ORBIT. People are attracted to it, they will not give up
|> pursuing it, no matter how hard you try to suffocate the idea of
|>
|> (1) JOLTING THE EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT
|>
|> That idea has caught the imagination of especially young scientists.
|> Well I am challenging you - try to suffocate this idea, try!

And now, the sound of John Denver being strangled:

You came on my pillow... (cough, wheeze, gag, ...)

|> (1) is the way of the future, (1) is the emancipator and ultimate
|> liberator of the intellect from the present Cosmic-setup admirer slaves and
|> serfs such as Einstein, Newton, Darwin, Marx and Lenin.

Speaking as a young (32) scientist, I'm not especially interested. However,
what concrete proof do you have that Newton enequivocally opposed *J*O*L*T*I*N*G*
etc etc etc

|> Th intelligent, broad and open minded, intrepid readers will not
|> give up (1).You try to dissuade the readers. Try ! They have been exposed
|> to the ultimate liberation of the intellect and there is no way that they
|> will go back to the decadent way of being orbited without their consent
|> like speechless slaves bowing their heads and not raising their fists of
|> defiance against the present celestial tyrannical setup.
|>

|> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
|> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
|> MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
|> PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

|> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|> TIME IS MASS. ABIAN MASS-TIME EQUIVALENCE FORMULA T=-(10^18)Log(1-m/Mo) SECONDS
|> ALTERING EARTH'S ORBIT AND TILT - STOPPING GLOBAL DISASTERS AND EPIDEMICS.
|> ALTERING THE SOLAR SYSTEM. REORBITING VENUS INTO A NEAR EARTH-LIKE ORBIT
|> TO CREATE A BORN AGAIN EARTH.

Now moving Venus into a terrestrial orbit. THAT'S Interesting!

--
Paul Lane Tel: (801) 581-4402 Fax: (801) 581-4801
Department of Physics (201 JFB); University of Utah; Salt Lake City, UT 84112

Alexander Abian

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <4vcv8f$6...@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>,

Rand Simberg <sim...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>In <4vcosj$5...@ultranews.duc.auburn.edu> stu...@eng.auburn.edu (James
>C. Stutts) writes:
>

>>You wouldn't. He's either a nutcasae or merely trolling.
>

>That's not an exclusive "or." It's quite possible that both are
>correct.
>--

Abian answers:

Yes, and in fact, as I pointed out earlier, in your case it is
definitely an inclusive "or".

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

-----------------

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation

of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)
Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

Rand Simberg

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In <4vbokl$c...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
writes:

<more nonsense snipped>

Try cutting back on the caffeine.

Jason Kodish

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <4vbh8s$b...@news.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu writes:

>Abian answers:
>
> Troll yourself.

Why does Abian always talk in the third person?

--
Jason Kodish
Thirring Institute for Applied Gravitational Research

Paul Schlyter

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <adamgrosmn-16...@billgros.tiac.net>,
Adam R. Grossman <adamg...@aol.com> wrote:

> How does the moon--the MOON!--cause wars?

Someone starting a war is perhaps a lunatic ?
^^^^
:-)

Paul Schlyter, Swedish Amateur Astronomer's Society (SAAF)
Grev Turegatan 40, S-114 38 Stockholm, SWEDEN
e-mail: pau...@saaf.se p...@home.ausys.se

Eric Albers

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In <4vd2ii$q...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:

> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
> MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
> PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

YES! YES!

Thats the idea that gets presidents elected!!!
Think of the economic boost! Think of the Technology spinoffs!!!
Wow, maybe we should think bigger, lets throw the moon into the earth!
Think of the extra real-estate created!!!!! MONEY EVERYWHERE!
wow.
You've truely outdone yourself Abien such genius among us, were NOT WORTHY!

Alexander Abian

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

In article <321B4E...@bgu.edu>, Jim Kelly <muj...@bgu.edu> wrote:

>Alexander Abian wrote:
>
>> THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE
>

> Well I suppose you might be able to describe it that
>way. But there has to be more to it than that. So what
>kind of phenomena do you believe caused the universe to
>be drawn out into empty space?
>
>Best Regards, Jim Kelly

Abian answers:

The tendency of the empty space in maintaining its emptiness and not
tolerating the presence of an intruding concentrated mass. That
phenomenon causes the space to DILUTE THE MATTER and expand the Universe
further and further (of course in the meantime encountering the mass'
reaction of opposing to being diluted, and this,via mass' gravitational
attraction and other perhaps even stronger nuclear forces.

James C. Stutts

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

Alex Abian = Killfile posterboy

Alexander Abian

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

Dear Paul:

Thru many postings, I have expressed the idea that we should not take
for granted that the present cosmic parameters of the Planet Earth
(i.e., its orbit, its tilt, its relationship with other planets) is even
optimal for a better life on Earth. In fact there was (and still there
is) not a single moment during the past 5-billion year that the Planet
Earth was not subjected to the natural disasters of all sorts, calamities and
catastrophes of all kinds, deadly epidemics and most bloody, savage,
cruel slaughter and wars, wars, wars, and wars. All these calamities
are inextricably related and are consequences of the celestial
parameters of the Planet Earth. They cannot be consequences of
anything else. So the idea IS TO MAKE SOME CHANGES AT THE COSMIC LEVEL
in the celestial parameters of the Planet Earth.

How to do it - of course is a big, very big question. The first thing
which comes to the mind is to alter the things which would lead to
making even some minute alteration. This explains my abovementioned
statement. To alter the orbit of the Earth, let us Jolt the Moon, if
that would not help, let us blast the Moon into pieces, and, if that
does not help let us blow up the Moon , etc., etc BUT LET US ALTER
THE 5 billion year decadent pestiferous Orbit of the Earth

I realize that changing the minds of people and especially altering
their way of thinking (e.g. convincing them that the present orbit
and the tilt of the Earth must not be considered even as being optimal IS
PERHAPS MORE DIFFICULT THAN ALTERING THE SOLAR SYSTEM'S SETU.P

I will consider a great achievement if people stop considering
the celestial parameters of the Planet Earth as being devised by some
super-natural super galactical wisdom. It is not ! The celestial
system is a chaotic, inane and irrational mess.

Best regards, A. Abian

Alexander Abian

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

In article <4vfg3o$f...@news.cc.utah.edu>,
Paul A. Lane <pal...@cpt1.physics.utah.edu> wrote:
>In article <4vdgf7$2...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:
>
>Incidentally, for everyone wondering. Alex Abian is *not* a nut or trolling.
>If memory serves me correctly, he's a professor of mathematics.
>
>Now to the quote:

>|> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
>|> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
>|> MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
>|> PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.
>

>My primary question is why? Should it be nearer to the sun or further away?
>
>As to how, why blow up the moon. Though this would require forces which we
>do not currently have, why not move the moon in the direction the earth should
>move and simply let graviational attraction move the earth. Blowing up the
>moon worries me a bit as the loss of tidal forces would have a significant
>effect on the earth. Of course, given that the earth's rotation is slowing down,
>we may need to blow up the moon eventually to halt this progression. Mebbe just
>move it further away.

>Paul Lane Tel: (801) 581-4402 Fax: (801) 581-4801
>Department of Physics (201 JFB); University of Utah; Salt Lake City, UT 84112
>Moving to Sheffield, England as of 01/97 (p.l...@sheffield.ac.uk)

Dear Paul:

Tim Patterson

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

Alexander Abian wrote:

> Thru many postings, I have expressed the idea that we should not take
> for granted that the present cosmic parameters of the Planet Earth
> (i.e., its orbit, its tilt, its relationship with other planets) is even
> optimal for a better life on Earth. In fact there was (and still there
> is) not a single moment during the past 5-billion year that the Planet
> Earth was not subjected to the natural disasters of all sorts,
> calamities and
> catastrophes of all kinds, deadly epidemics and most bloody, savage,
> cruel slaughter and wars, wars, wars, and wars. All these calamities
> are inextricably related and are consequences of the celestial
> parameters of the Planet Earth. They cannot be consequences of
> anything else.

Well, I guess if the Earth was in Venus's orbit that there wouldn't
have been so many wars, wars, wars, because there wouldn't be any
people, people, people to start them!

But you still haven't:

(a) proved that your list of catastrophes are linked to
the Earth's orbital position

(b) told us where it would be better off. Closer to the sun?
further away? Perhaps out of the orbital plane?

Without hard evidence, you're no more credible than the guy standing
on the street corner with his 'The End of the World is Nigh' sign.

Jim Kelly

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

Alexander Abian wrote:

> THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

Well I suppose you might be able to describe it that
way. But there has to be more to it than that. So what
kind of phenomena do you believe caused the universe to
be drawn out into empty space?

Best Regards,

-Jim Kelly

Alexander Abian

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

James C. Stutts" <stu...@Eng.Auburn.EDU> e-mailed me the following:

>>To: ab...@iastate.edu
>>Subject: Re: BLOW UP THE MOON, JOLT THE PLANET EARTH IN

>>*.edu = bandwidth waster?

>>Don't make the rest of us look bad :)

>>JCS

Abian answers:

Mr. Stutts,

How can I make the rest of you look bad ? How can I ? When among
the rest of you, you have scientific luminaries, first rate physicists,
first rate astronomers, outstanding scholars ! It is like saying that a
small pocket flash light put on the planet Moon makes Sun less shining and
makes Sun look bad !

The faculty at=f Kazan University told Lobachevsky, "don't wast
bandwidth of the press by trying to publish Non-Euclidean Geometries
it makes the rest of us look bad!, since Non_Euclidean Geometries are
crackpots".

It would be like Mozart or Beethoven would say to other composers don't
write music, don't publish music it makes the rest of us look bad!

It would be like saying to a not too-attractive person "don't
walk on the same side walks", "don't go to the same clubs", "don,t
go to the same restaurants", "don't go to the same schools" it makes
the rest of us look bad!! (you used the words "Look Bad").

Mr. Stutts, you post your outstanding postings and do not tell me
not to post my posts which make the rest of you look bad! If your
postings and the postings of the rest of you are interesting and good,
people will read them and will ignore my postings that supposedly " make the
rest of you look bad" - an absurd statement - since as I said above
"How can I make you, you outstanding luminaries look bad ? - How can I ?"

(and as a last resort - you invoke Bandwidth wasting - many, many subjects,
e.g. "creationism vs evolution", etc, etc have used and use 10 ^ n
with n>your age, more bandwidth than I, - don't tell me about "wasting
bandwidth - that is a sheer camouflaged hypocrisy1).

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation
of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)
Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)

THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

Patrick van Esch

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

Paul A. Lane (pal...@cpt1.physics.utah.edu) wrote:
: In article <4vdgf7$2...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:

: Incidentally, for everyone wondering. Alex Abian is *not* a nut or trolling.
: If memory serves me correctly, he's a professor of mathematics.

I fail to see the connection between both statements...

cheers,
Patrick :-)

--
Patrick Van Esch
mail: van...@dice2.desy.de

Paul A. Lane

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

In article <4vdgf7$2...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:

Incidentally, for everyone wondering. Alex Abian is *not* a nut or trolling.
If memory serves me correctly, he's a professor of mathematics.

Now to the quote:

|> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
|> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
|> MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
|> PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

My primary question is why? Should it be nearer to the sun or further away?

As to how, why blow up the moon. Though this would require forces which we
do not currently have, why not move the moon in the direction the earth should
move and simply let graviational attraction move the earth. Blowing up the
moon worries me a bit as the loss of tidal forces would have a significant
effect on the earth. Of course, given that the earth's rotation is slowing down,
we may need to blow up the moon eventually to halt this progression. Mebbe just
move it further away.

Alexander Abian

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

In article <321BA3...@raptor.lpl.arizona.edu>,

Abian answers:

Dear Tim,

(a) To what other thing my list of catastrophes is linked if not to the
celestial parameters of the Earth ? Just name me one calamity which is in-
dependent of these parameters? Name me one? If you say wars are
related to the insatiable obsessive desire of a political ruling class
to annihilate another political ruling class which competes and
threatens the former - My answer is that this aggressive psychological
trend of human beings (or any other animals) is inextricably related
to the solar system's setup and to the celestial parameters of our planet
Earth. These parameters have shaped up these monstrosities.

(b) I have repeated several times that various computerized simulation
of altering the Planet Earth's orbit and tilt must be studied in
greatest details and an optimal choice must be made.

(A) The utmost important first step is to make people to abandon their
indoctrinated revering and almost blind admiration of the present
setting of the Cosmic setup which in reality is irrational,
chaotic, putrid and pestiferous. This revolt against the present
cosmic setup is the first and utmost important step to take.

Stephen Victor

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

James C. Stutts wrote:

> Alex Abian = Killfile posterboy

Good heavens no! I find his posts much too amusing.

--
Stephen P. Victor svi...@lgc.com
Landmark Graphics Corporation svi...@compassnet.com

Alexander Abian

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

Stuart.Monteith @cern.ch e-mailed me the following:

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 15:05:38 +0200 (METDST)
From: "Stuart Monteith (Summie)" <Stuart....@cern.ch
To: Alexander Abian <ab...@iastate.edu>
Subject: BLOW UP THE MOON, JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT

Dear Alexander,
Your past few postings seems inappropriate for alt.astro. `Your'
idea of jolting the earth into a new orbit is neither desirable or
feasible (omissions)

Stuart Monteith
CERN Summer Student 1996

Abian answered:

> Mr. Monteith,
> your write
>
> Dear Alexander,
> Your past few postings seems inappropriate for alt.astro.
>

> Can you please be more specific and specifically indicate at least one
> posting of mine which appeared in alt.astro ?
>
> Thanks. A. Abian

Stuart Monteith answered

Whoops! Sorry, I meant sci.astro.

Abian answered:

> Sorry, Mr. Montheith - but I consider your telling me that " my
> postings about planets Earth and Moon are inappropriate in
> sci.astro" to be extremely inappropriate.

Monteith answered:
Consider it a suggestion, such as this - try posting in alt.astrology.

abian answered:

> I don't have the time right now, but I am going to post your e-mail
> and my answer to it in "sci.astro" and in every other group that
> I deem appropriate.

Monteith answered:

I don't think that publishing _my_ letter is appropriate, or legal. That
isn't a threat but I think it would be impolite if you did.

Abian answered:

> I don't tell you where to post and I don't like you to tell me where to
> post. If you are exercising your freedom of speech to tell me
> what to do or what not to do - I do so too by telling you what to do or
> what not to do.
> A. Abian

Monteith answered:

Another suggestion, try writing your postings in a different style. You
are coming across as a crackpot. i.e. adopt a style which is more
appropriate for a sci.* newsgroup.

Abian answered:

Consider it as a suggestion that you are a crackpot and also consider
it as a suggestion that you are a moron and consider it as a suggestion
to post in alt.angst.
As far as legality is concerned any e-mail addressed to me and
mailed to me belongs to me and I can post it anywhere I deem
appropriate. It is infantile and extremely impolite and stupid of you to
suggest otherwise.

Another suggestion, try writing your postings or e-mails in a different
style. You are coming across as a moron, crackpot, infantile, retarded
and inane.

Another suggestion try not to suggest idiotical and stupid suggestions.

Another suggestion do not e-mail me anything - instead post it . I am
posting your second e-mail (with my answers) just as I have posted
your first e-mail with my answers.
If you have anything to say to me - say it in public - otherwise be quiet.

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation
of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)
Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

ipo...@pat.mdc.com

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

In article <4vg1fb$q...@news.iastate.edu>, ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:

|> Abian answers:
|>
|> The tendency of the empty space in maintaining its emptiness and not
|> tolerating the presence of an intruding concentrated mass. That

Oh I get it! He's just seen the student body...

Eric Albers

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

>The utmost important first step is to make people to abandon their
>indoctrinated revering and almost blind admiration of bananas,

>which in reality is irrational, chaotic, putrid and pestiferous.

Bananas have NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!
Sheesh!
Everyone knows, LLAMMAS...... LLAMMMMMMAAASSSS
little do you realize that llamas are very good at focusing their attention!
They focus their attention on small particles and change the probability of
things happening by forcing certain quantum states to happen, and propogate
outwards!
It is LLAMAS which are controlling bannana production, and thru the bananna
production, the MOON, and thru the MOON, the EARTH!

Alexander Abian

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

In article <bijaysis.6...@freenet.hut.fi>,
(Alexander Abian) writes:

>> ............... Almost nothing could be more fatal than the
>>existing celestial parameters of the Earth! See how many people are
>>dying every hour from natural disasters, fatal diseases, and constant
>>bloody, brutal, savage,manslaughters and wars - all these are direct
>>consequences of the celestial parameters of the planet Earth ! Of what
>>else they could be a consequence ? ! Of what else ?! The decadent, cruel
>>orbit of the planet Earth has created the monstrous human beasts.
>>They tear apart infants, slaughter children bury alive competing
>>adversaries, etc., etc . IT IS TIME TO RADICALLY CHANGE THE 5 billion
>>year old monstrous, bestial orbit of the Planet Earth.

>> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
>> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
>> MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
>> PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

>>--

Rameses the third comments:

>That's a very touching comment, but can you tell me, how will the earth being
>in a different orbit change people's attitudes towards time, space, death and
>reality? How will it cure/prevent diseases, etc.? Or are you just talking out
>of your arse?

Abian answers:

No, I am talking above your ...

Rameses Niblick the Third

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

In article <abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu> ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:
>From: ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian)
>Subject: BLOW UP THE MOON, JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT
>Date: 20 Aug 96 05:21:54 GMT

>In <bijaysis.5...@freenet.hut.fi> bija...@freenet.hut.fi (Rameses Niblick the Third) writes:

>>I wasn't here for the start of this conversation, but would we want Earth in a
>>new orbit?

>Abian answers: Yes, in order not to have relentless inexorable incessant
>disasters, earth-quakes, floods, storms, brutal winters, scorching
>summers, deadly diseases and deadly epidemics, wars, wars and wars...

>Ramses continues:

>>................. In fact, a new orbit for earth could be fatal
>>to certain species, including humans, .........

>Abian answers:
>
> How do you know ? Almost nothing could be more fatal than the

>existing celestial parameters of the Earth! See how many people are
>dying every hour from natural disasters, fatal diseases, and constant
>bloody, brutal, savage,manslaughters and wars - all these are direct
>consequences of the celestial parameters of the planet Earth ! Of what
>else they could be a consequence ? ! Of what else ?! The decadent, cruel
>orbit of the planet Earth has created the monstrous human beasts.
>They tear apart infants, slaughter children bury alive competing
>adversaries, etc., etc . IT IS TIME TO RADICALLY CHANGE THE 5 billion
>year old monstrous, bestial orbit of the Planet Earth.

> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
> MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
> PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.
>--

That's a very touching comment, but can you tell me, how will the earth being

in a different orbit change people's attitudes towards time, space, death and
reality? How will it cure/prevent diseases, etc.? Or are you just talking out
of your arse?

Rameses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk Whoops Where's my Thribble

A wise man once said "Shoot him! He's the wiseguy!"

Dan Rose

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

First, please stop reposting private emails, Mr. Albian. I don't think
any of us, except the two of you, need or want to see that discussion.

In article <abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu>
ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:

> The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation
> of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)
>
> The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
> preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

What is the point of this quote in your sig file? Natural Selection was
a theory of Darwin's, in which he listed several observations and
proofs. I have asked repeatedly for and seen _no_ such proofs or
observations from you about your theory of 'Radical Alteration of the
Cosmos'.
Please list your proofs.

Keith Stein

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

>Abian answers:

> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
> MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
> PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

i hesitate to enter into this discussion,for has sci.physics ever
witnessed such vindictive actacks as those thrown out by Alexander
Abian, to any who suggest that his daft idea is not 500 % logical ?

Your manners Sir, are even worse than mine !

I AM INCLINED TO THINK THAT ABIAN SUFFER FROM A WICKED SENSE OF HUMOUR,
but then had Einstein's SR papers first appeared on the net,
I WOULD HAVE BEEN CERTAIN SURE THAT 'SR MUST BE A TROLL' !!
,which shows what danger may lurk behind even innocent looking Trolls!

BUT YOUR TROLL SIR LOOKS FAR FROM INNOCENT,LOOKS JUST THE OPPOSITE TO ME
SO NO MORE OF THIS WICKEDNESS MASTER ALEXANDER ABIAN. B- OFF WILL YOU !

YOUR SILLYNESS WASTING EVERYBODY'S BANDWIDTH LAD.

--
Keith Stein

Tim Patterson

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

Alexander Abian wrote:

> Abian answers:
>
> Dear Tim,
>
> (a) To what other thing my list of catastrophes is linked if not to the
> celestial parameters of the Earth ?

It's linked to the eating of bananas. I know it is, therefore
I need not provide any proof and you'll just have
to believe me!

> Just name me one calamity which is in-
> dependent of these parameters? Name me one?

All of them. Every single one. They are all caused by bananas.

> If you say wars are
> related to the insatiable obsessive desire of a political ruling class
> to annihilate another political ruling class which competes and
> threatens the former - My answer is that this aggressive psychological
> trend of human beings (or any other animals) is inextricably related
> to the solar system's setup and to the celestial parameters of our planet
> Earth. These parameters have shaped up these monstrosities.

Nope, it's definitely the eating of bananas, but I'm
not prepared to give you a shred of evidence on that fact.
Take my word for it, ok.

> (b) I have repeated several times that various computerized simulation
> of altering the Planet Earth's orbit and tilt must be studied in
> greatest details and an optimal choice must be made.

No, no, no. We must study the effects of banana consumption,
factoring in the eating of other tropical fruits, before
making an optimal choice on whether to decrease or increase
compulsory banana mastication.

> (A) The utmost important first step is to make people to abandon their
> indoctrinated revering and almost blind admiration of the present
> setting of the Cosmic setup which in reality is irrational,
> chaotic, putrid and pestiferous. This revolt against the present
> cosmic setup is the first and utmost important step to take.

No, no, no.

Paul B.Andersen

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

Alexander Abian wrote:
> Abian answers:
>
> How do you know ? Almost nothing could be more fatal than the
> existing celestial parameters of the Earth! See how many people are
> dying every hour from natural disasters, fatal diseases, and constant
> bloody, brutal, savage,manslaughters and wars - all these are direct
> consequences of the celestial parameters of the planet Earth ! Of what
> else they could be a consequence ? ! Of what else ?! The decadent, cruel
> orbit of the planet Earth has created the monstrous human beasts. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aha - I see you are right. Had the orbit of Earth been different, we would
not been here. No wars, no manslaughters, no diseases.

> They tear apart infants, slaughter children bury alive competing
> adversaries, etc., etc . IT IS TIME TO RADICALLY CHANGE THE 5 billion
> year old monstrous, bestial orbit of the Planet Earth.
>

> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
> MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
> PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

> --

Hear hear ! Lets make Earth as peaceful as Mars!

Abian - dont go outside at full moon. I think it affects you.

Paul

Alexander Abian

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

In article <4vhsls$m...@freud.mec.edu>, Dan Rose <danie...@aol.com> wrote:

>First, please stop reposting private e-mails, Mr. Abian. I don't think

>any of us, except the two of you, need or want to see that discussion.

Abian answers:

First, please stop appointing yourself as a spokesman for "any of us",
and do not teach me what and how to respond. Posting E-mail or not
E-mail is not the issue. The issue is the CONTENT.

I am sure that if Don Rose e-mailed me saying that "I Don Rose and
"any of us" advise Abian not to post any E-mail" - Then you Don Rose
and "any of us" would not have objected to seeing your e-mail posted.

So much for your ....

Secondly, I was almost sure that you, Don Rose and "any of us" have put
me on your kill-file long ago and never, never read any posting by me,
especially the ones with a typical Abian-subject such as:

BLOW UP THE MOON, JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT

But you and "any of us" disappointed me ! It seems to me that you and
"any of us" read everything I post, read it avidly and with interest.
And "any of us" and especially you do not miss anything posted by me.
Please you and "any of us" put me on your kill-file.
So much for your ....

Then Don Rose continues:

>In article <abian.8...@class1.iastate.edu>
>ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:
>
>> The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation
>> of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)
>>
>> The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
>> preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)
>
>What is the point of this quote in your sig file? Natural Selection was
>a theory of Darwin's, in which he listed several observations and
>proofs. I have asked repeatedly for and seen _no_ such proofs or
>observations from you about your theory of 'Radical Alteration of the
>Cosmos'.
>Please list your proofs.

Abian answers:

I don't have to give a proof to you or to "any of us" - you with your
"any of us" intelligence figure it out for yourself and for "any of us".
Also, I don't have to tell you or to "any of us" what is the point
in my sig file?

You give to "any of us" (but not to me) the point in your sig file:

"flames happily ignored, so aren't you glad I'm not a firefighter?
Per the FCA, this email address may not be added to any mailing lists"

"any of us" and not me, would like to know the point of yout above ....sig

I hope that you and "any of us" will not read or respond to this posting.
-----------------

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation
of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)

Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE
---------

Alexander Abian

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

In article <321CBA...@raptor.lpl.arizona.edu>,

Tim Patterson <t...@raptor.lpl.arizona.edu> wrote:
>Alexander Abian wrote:
>
>> Abian answers:
>>

>> Dear Tim,
>>
>> (a) To what other thing my list of catastrophes is linked if not to the
>> celestial parameters of the Earth ?
>
>It's linked to the eating of bananas. I know it is, therefore
>I need not provide any proof and you'll just have
>to believe me!
>
>> Just name me one calamity which is in-
>> dependent of these parameters? Name me one?

>All of them. Every single one. They are all caused by bananas.
>
>> If you say wars are
>> related to the insatiable obsessive desire of a political ruling class
>> to annihilate another political ruling class which competes and
>> threatens the former - My answer is that this aggressive psychological
>> trend of human beings (or any other animals) is inextricably related
>> to the solar system's setup and to the celestial parameters of our planet
>> Earth. These parameters have shaped up these monstrosities.
>
>Nope, it's definitely the eating of bananas, but I'm
>not prepared to give you a shred of evidence on that fact.
>Take my word for it, ok.

Abian answers:

You have stated completely the other way around. Bananas are created
as a consequence of the celestial parameters of the Solar System and
in particular, the Orbit and the Tilt of the Earth. NOT THE OTHER
WAY AROUND.

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

Alexander Abian

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

In article <4vicdj$1...@news1.halcyon.com>,
pyotr filipivich <py...@chinook.halcyon.com> wrote:

>I think I might be making a mistake, but this sounds like it might have
>a grain of interesting stuff.
>

>ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:

>:> WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE

>:> PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
>:> MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
>:> PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.
>

> Why? (And why are you "shouting"? Are you trying to present
>yourself as a crank? Or as a Ross perot follower?)

Abian answers:

To your two abovementioned questions my answer is "THE FEELING IS MUTUAL"

> What does the orbit of earth have to do with the life forms on it?
>Aside from the "band of life' zone biz, where thermal insolation is
>sufficent to allow for the existence of liquid water ... what does the
>orbit have to do with it? Does planetary axial tilt have anything to do
>with it?)
>
> How does the mass of a binary planet system such as the Earth-Moon
>pairing have to do with its orbit about the primary?
>
>:>ALTERING EARTH'S ORBIT AND TILT - STOPPING GLOBAL DISASTERS AND EPIDEMICS.

>:> ALTERING THE SOLAR SYSTEM. REORBITING VENUS INTO A NEAR EARTH-LIKE ORBIT
>:> TO CREATE A BORN AGAIN EARTH.
>

>I can see that it might be a neat idea to move Venus and terraform it,
>but do you have a specific plan, or just "Here's a neat engineering
>challenge"?
>
>Abian answers:

Dear Pyotr Filipivich,

Name me anything else, besides the celestial parameters of the Planet
Earth and especially its orbit and the tilt which are responsible for
ANY EVENT happening on the planet Earth ! Name me one. The geological makeup
of the planet Earth, the creation of the planet Earth everything else
on the planet Earth is inextricably related to the celestial parameters
of the planet Earth - there included of course, its mass, its geological
make-up, its natural resources, the shape of its orbit, the tilt of its
axis, the relationship of it with the other celestial bodies, etc.
The present situation is disastrous - meteorologically, geologically,
politically, socially, psychologically (as far as people are concerned),
epidemically, wars, wars, savage, bloody wars,slaughter, wars and wars,
etc., etc. THE CELESTIAL PARAMETERS OF THE EARTH MUST BE ALTERED, MUST BE
SHOOK UP and JOLTED. JOLTED even at the expense of BLOWING UP THE MOON.
- it is a must!

-----------------

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation
of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)
Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

Doug Groseclose

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

In article <4vifg3$3...@news.intr.net>, ealbers@
says...

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!!!!!! Well done
gentlemen! Thanks you for the humor.

Tim Patterson

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Alexander Abian wrote:

" Bananas are created as a consequence of the celestial

parameters of the Solar System and in particular,
the Orbit and the Tilt of the Earth."

Hehehehehehe. Now THAT is the quote that you should
put in your .sig! What a classic!

:)

--
Dr.Feelgood's Amazing And Marvellous Poetic Panacea
Guaranteed To Cure All Ailments Of The Soul

Mark Gingrich

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Tim Patterson <t...@raptor.lpl.arizona.edu> noted:

> Alexander Abian wrote:
>

> " Bananas are created as a consequence of the celestial
> parameters of the Solar System and in particular,
> the Orbit and the Tilt of the Earth."
>

> Hehehehehehe. Now THAT is the quote that you should
> put in your .sig! What a classic!

You know, I've heard rumors from former Iowa State students that Professor
Abian, while strolling across campus, had been heard to sing:

"Oh, yes, we have gone bananas..."

Mark Gingrich gri...@rahul.net San Leandro, California

George Purcell

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

> catastrophes of all kinds, deadly epidemics and most bloody, savage,
> cruel slaughter and wars, wars, wars, and wars. All these calamities
> are inextricably related and are consequences of the celestial
> parameters of the Planet Earth. They cannot be consequences of
> anything else. So the idea IS TO MAKE SOME CHANGES AT THE COSMIC LEVEL
> in the celestial parameters of the Planet Earth.

I have been reading this newsgroup for a long time, and I must say this is
the single most inane idea that has ever been posted...quite an
accomplishment.

Leaving aside the technical difficulties involved in changing "cosmic
parameters," I think you should consider two (related) ways in which your
proposal is perhaps the most ill-concieved idea ever developed by a human
being.

1) The Law of Unintended Consequences. Perhaps folks in pure mathematics
don't deal with this, but those of us in the real world, dealing with real
systems, do. Changing broad, systemic parameters as you suggest will lead
to massive changes, both good and bad, in every facet of human life. The
direction of these changes will not be able to be predicted due to...

2) Chaos Effects. To make a very short statement on a very complex
subject, suffice it to say that any change in cosmic parameters would lead
to all sorts of changes in systems described by non-linear functions.
Thus, no one could make an accurate cost-benefit accounting of the changes.

George Purcell

Alexander Abian

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

In article <321F0B...@coombs.anu.edu.au>,

George Purcell <gpur...@coombs.anu.edu.au> wrote:
>> catastrophes of all kinds, deadly epidemics and most bloody, savage,
>> cruel slaughter and wars, wars, wars, and wars. All these calamities
>> are inextricably related and are consequences of the celestial
>> parameters of the Planet Earth. They cannot be consequences of
>> anything else. So the idea IS TO MAKE SOME CHANGES AT THE COSMIC LEVEL
>> in the celestial parameters of the Planet Earth.
>
>I have been reading this newsgroup for a long time, and I must say this is
>the single most inane idea that has ever been posted...quite an
>accomplishment.

Abian answers:

I am glad that apparently you were reading avidly my postings and did
not put them on your "kill-file". My postings describe and reflect the
MOST PROFOUND AND AND REVOLUTIONARY IDEA TO RADICALLY CORRECT THE
PRESENT CORRUPT AND DECAYING CELESTIAL PARAMETERS OF THE PLANET EARTH.

Purcell continues:

>Leaving aside the technical difficulties involved in changing "cosmic
>parameters," I think you should consider two (related) ways in which your

>proposal is perhaps the most ill-conceived* idea ever developed by a human
>being.
(* correction: "the most ingenious"
(omissions)

>Thus, no one could make an accurate cost-benefit accounting of the changes.
>George Purcell

Abian answers:

I cannot rely on your abovementioned opinions, predictions and
ACCOUNTINGS since they are NOT ACCURATE (as you are admitting
yourself) and therefore unreliable.

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

Alexander Abian

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

Dishman writes:

>You don't seem to realize that we have already:
>1 Moved the plane of the earth's orbit some distance south.
>2 Changed the direction of the solar system through our galaxy.
>3 Changed the precession of the orbit around the sun.
>4 Changed the precession of the earth's rotation.
>5 Increased the radius of the orbit and hence the length of the year.

Abian answers:

You don't seem to realize that WE HAVE NOT DONE THE ABOVE 1 - 5
changes THERE WERE DONE TO US WITHOUT OUR CONSENT.

I advocate US, WE, DOING THE RATIONAL RADICAL CHANGES AND NOT LETTING
BEING DONE TO US (like to the speechless, blindfolded, obedient,
eternally grateful to the masters subservient slaves!)

WE MUST JOLT THE PLANET EARTH INTO A NEW ORBIT. IF JOLTING OF THE
PLANET EARTH REQUIRES THE BLOWING UP THE MOON OR BLASTING THE
MOON INTO PIECES OR AT LEAST JOLTING THE MOON IN ORDER TO JOLT THE
PLANET EARTH - SO BE IT.

--------------

Jason Minett

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) wrote:

> TO CREATE A BORN AGAIN EARTH.

and some other stuff.

Hey, Alex, if you fancy popping round for dinner one evening, we'll be
in on wednesday, thursday and saturday. Sorry about friday, we're off
vapourising the pacific (apparenlty it prevents cancer).
Be early, ballonhead stew's on the menu (yum yum my favourite)

Drew Gilmore

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Alexander Abian (ab...@iastate.edu) wrote:

: >Please list your proofs.

: Abian answers:

: I don't have to give a proof to you or to "any of us" - you with your
: "any of us" intelligence figure it out for yourself and for "any of us".

Well, if you refuse to give us proof, then I for one refuse to believe
anything you say. IF you will please forgive this minor generalization, I
don't believe very many people in the scientific community would pay much
attention to a supposedly scientific claim which doesn't provide hard
numbers or detailed logic for its justification.

As for your mocking of "any of us" and our "any of us" intelligence, are
you worried that the readers of alt.astro, etc. are not smart enough to
understand your theories? This particular "any of us" has a b.a. in
physics, and while I doubt that will get me very far as a professional
physicist, I think I could probably follow some reasonably hefty math. Go
on. Humor us and prove it. You're not going to save the world with your
arrogant "smarter-than-thou" attitude, nor with your unwillingness to
share the details of your theory.

Drew
--
If it smells, it's biology. "We're Starfleet officers. 'Weird'
If it blows up, it's chemistry. is part of the job."

http://www.unc.edu/~drewg

Alexander Abian

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In article <4vo8mb$i...@newz.oit.unc.edu>,

Drew Gilmore <dr...@email.unc.edu> wrote:

>Well, if you refuse to give us proof, then I for one refuse to believe
>anything you say.

Abian answers:

It is quite alright with me if you and "any of us" refuse to believe
anything I say.

I do too refuse to believe anything you say including your above
statement.

Probably you do not refuse to believe in the partyline's theory of the
BIG BANG and its proof, and, probably you do not question its partyline's
proof. Similarly, probably you have an impeccable proof of the conservation
of Energy of the Cosmos. Also, probably you have hard numbers or
detailed logic (as you put it) for proving that there is no EQUIVALENCE
OF MASS AND TIME. And so long as you refuse to give us your hard numbers
or detailed logic (as you put it) then "any of us" refuse to believe
that there is no equivalence of Mass and Time ( I am using your criteria
of "believing").

------------

The origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation

of favoured races in the struggle for life. C. DARWIN (1859)

The future of species by means of rational alteration of Cosmos, or the
preservation of intelligent races in the struggle for life. A. ABIAN (1992)

Alexander Abian: Equivalence of Mass and Time (1990)
Albert Einstein: Equivalence of Mass and Energy (1905)
THERE WAS NO BIG BANG. THERE WAS A BIG SUCK INTO THE VOID OF SPACE

TIME IS MASS. ABIAN MASS-TIME EQUIVALENCE FORMULA T=-(10^18)Log(1-m/Mo) SECONDS
ALTERING EARTH'S ORBIT AND TILT - STOPPING GLOBAL DISASTERS AND EPIDEMICS.
ALTERING THE SOLAR SYSTEM. REORBITING VENUS INTO A NEAR EARTH-LIKE ORBIT

Alix Guerrier

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Well. I've read quite a few posts by Prof. Abian, and it wasn't until just
now that I came to appreciate what he has to say! I find his articles
carefully constrcuted and worth reading. I also think it is very interesting
to read the numerous articles that denounce him as a "crackpot" or worse,
especially since the great majority of those posts are much less well-thought
out than Abian's. Perhaps the newsgroups would be less cluttered if people
avoided knee-jerk responses.

I'd like to congratulate Prof. Abian on his theories; I look forward to
reading more threads devoted to him in the future. I especially enjoyed the
e-mail conversation below.

-Alix Guerrier

Drew Gilmore

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Alexander Abian (ab...@iastate.edu) wrote:

: In article <4vo8mb$i...@newz.oit.unc.edu>,

: Probably you do not refuse to believe in the partyline's theory of the

: BIG BANG and its proof, and, probably you do not question its partyline's
: proof. Similarly, probably you have an impeccable proof of the conservation
: of Energy of the Cosmos. Also, probably you have hard numbers or
: detailed logic (as you put it) for proving that there is no EQUIVALENCE
: OF MASS AND TIME.

Most theories have their shortcomings - imperfections, questions yet to be
answered. I admit it - I'm _not_ 100% convinced the Universe started in a
Big Bang; there are other alternate theories which begin to address
some of the questions the Big Bang theory so far fails to answer.

But what the Big Bang theory and the Conservation of Energy theory have
that yours lacks is any semblance of evidence. Conservaton of Energy?
It's worked in laboratories well enough so far. It closely agrees with
our observations of electronics, mechanics, electromagnetism, just to name
a few disciplines. Big Bang? We have redshifting galaxies, cosmic
background radiation, etc. Conclusive evidence? No. But compelling?
You bet.

Your entire line of reasoning, as far as I've been able to tell, is this:
Life on Earth sucks. Therefore its orbit must be evil.

Why is it Earth's orbit? Maybe instead our planet is spinning in the
wrong direction. Maybe Jupiter's too big. Maybe the Sun's too hot.
Maybe evil blue frogs from Uranus are responsible. Please, please, please
connect your cause to your effect before we all die of suspense (or
worse!)

Drew Gilmore

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Apologies for the double-post. My news reader went screwy.
Drew

It is loading more messages.