UN Climate Change Launches First-Ever Annual Report

kensi

May 12, 2018, 8:57:13 AM5/12/18
UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report, laying
out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
security and prosperity on Earth," said UN Climate Change:

https://unfccc.int/news/un-climate-change-launches-first-ever-annual-report

in here." ~Checkmate

Wally W.

May 12, 2018, 1:55:56 PM5/12/18
On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:57:03 -0400, kensi wrote:

>UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report,

Maybe it will also be its last?

> laying
>out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
>change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
>security and prosperity on Earth,"

That's deluded.

It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.

Just Wondering

May 12, 2018, 2:29:49 PM5/12/18
On 5/12/2018 6:57 AM, kensi wrote:
> UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report, laying
> out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
> change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
> security and prosperity on Earth," said UN Climate Change:
>
> https://unfccc.int/news/un-climate-change-launches-first-ever-annual-report

A 52 page, photo-filled self-congratulatory puff piece that can
be summed up on one sentence: "We spent 47 million dollars to
talk a lot and accomplish nothing of substance."

Nadegda

May 12, 2018, 2:55:40 PM5/12/18
Except that there's no "big ass asteroid" threatening imminent collision
with Earth. Meanwhile, climate change is already causing damage. New
Orleans 2005. New York 2012. Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico 2017.
Ongoing flooding issues in Miami. Massive wildfires in the west. Lethal
heat-waves in France. And on it goes ...

--
FNVWe Nadegda

Fakey couldn't teach a monkey to eat a banana, much less answer a direct
question posed to him. -- Fakey's Dogwhistle Holder

%

May 12, 2018, 3:03:04 PM5/12/18
On 2018-05-12 11:55 AM, Nadegda wrote:
> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Sat, 12 May 2018 13:55:58 -0400, Wally W. wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:57:03 -0400, kensi wrote:
>>
>>> UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report,
>>
>> Maybe it will also be its last?
>>

>>> laying
>>> out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
>>> change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
>>> security and prosperity on Earth,"
>>
>> That's deluded.
>>
>> It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.
>
> Except that there's no "big ass asteroid" threatening imminent collision
> with Earth. Meanwhile, climate change is already causing damage. New
> Orleans 2005. New York 2012. Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico 2017.
> Ongoing flooding issues in Miami. Massive wildfires in the west. Lethal
> heat-waves in France. And on it goes ...

there is an imminent threat if you fall over ,
then we'll see the threat from a big ass asteroid

Wally W.

May 12, 2018, 3:16:51 PM5/12/18
On Sat, 12 May 2018 18:55:37 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda wrote:

>Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
>On Sat, 12 May 2018 13:55:58 -0400, Wally W. wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:57:03 -0400, kensi wrote:
>>
>>>UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report,
>>
>> Maybe it will also be its last?
>>

>>> laying
>>>out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
>>>change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
>>>security and prosperity on Earth,"
>>
>> That's deluded.
>>
>> It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.
>
>Except that there's no "big ass asteroid" threatening imminent collision
>with Earth.

How do you know that?

You don't.

>Meanwhile, climate change is already causing damage. New
>Orleans 2005. New York 2012. Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico 2017.
>Ongoing flooding issues in Miami. Massive wildfires in the west. Lethal
>heat-waves in France. And on it goes ...

On you say ... whether it goes or not is another topic.

Checkmate

May 12, 2018, 3:54:42 PM5/12/18
Checkmate! In article <pd7db9$isc$2...@dont-email.me>, nad318b404
@gmail.invalid says...

> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Sat, 12 May 2018 13:55:58 -0400, Wally W. wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:57:03 -0400, kensi wrote:
> >
> >>UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report,
> >
> > Maybe it will also be its last?
> >

> >> laying
> >>out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
> >>change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
> >>security and prosperity on Earth,"
> >
> > That's deluded.
> >
> > It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.
>
> Except that there's no "big ass asteroid" threatening imminent collision
> with Earth. Meanwhile, climate change is already causing damage. New
> Orleans 2005. New York 2012. Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico 2017.
> Ongoing flooding issues in Miami. Massive wildfires in the west. Lethal
> heat-waves in France. And on it goes ...

Learn to live with it, because it is what it is, and we have no way to
change it into whatever it isn't. Just be glad it isn't another
"Snowball Earth" ice age. This shit is relatively minor in the Grand
Scheme of Things.

--
Checkmate ®
Author, Humorist, Cynic

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

"There are many here among us,
who feel that life is but a joke."

kensi." -Nadegda

%

May 12, 2018, 3:58:56 PM5/12/18
On 2018-05-12 12:54 PM, Checkmate wrote:
> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <pd7db9$isc$2...@dont-email.me>, nad318b404
> @gmail.invalid says...
>

>> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!

>>> Maybe it will also be its last?

>>> That's deluded.
>>>
>>> It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.
>>
>> Except that there's no "big ass asteroid" threatening imminent collision
>> with Earth. Meanwhile, climate change is already causing damage. New
>> Orleans 2005. New York 2012. Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico 2017.
>> Ongoing flooding issues in Miami. Massive wildfires in the west. Lethal
>> heat-waves in France. And on it goes ...
>
> Learn to live with it, because it is what it is, and we have no way to
> change it into whatever it isn't. Just be glad it isn't another
> "Snowball Earth" ice age. This shit is relatively minor in the Grand
> Scheme of Things.

i think i'll let it learn to live with me , its what i do

Just Wondering

May 12, 2018, 5:14:46 PM5/12/18
On 5/12/2018 12:55 PM, Nadegda wrote:
> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Sat, 12 May 2018 13:55:58 -0400, Wally W. wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:57:03 -0400, kensi wrote:
>>
>>> UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report,
>>
>> Maybe it will also be its last?
>>

>>> laying
>>> out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
>>> change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
>>> security and prosperity on Earth,"
>>
>> That's deluded.
>>
>> It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.
>
> Except that there's no "big ass asteroid" threatening imminent collision
> with Earth. Meanwhile, climate change is already causing damage. New
> Orleans 2005. New York 2012. Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico 2017.
> Ongoing flooding issues in Miami. Massive wildfires in the west. Lethal
> heat-waves in France. And on it goes ...

Funny that the same folks who use examples of local weather events to
support claims of climate change say "you can't do do that" when the
other side does the same thing.

Trevor Wilson

May 12, 2018, 6:56:48 PM5/12/18
On 13/05/2018 3:55 AM, Wally W. wrote:
> On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:57:03 -0400, kensi wrote:
>
>> UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report,
>
> Maybe it will also be its last?

**Unlikely.

>> laying
>> out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
>> change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
>> security and prosperity on Earth,"
>
> That's deluded.

**Well, no, it isn't. It's quite factual.

> It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.

**Perhaps.
* When do you expect a "big ass asteroid" to hit?
* What can we do to prevent a "big ass asteroid" from hitting Earth?
* Given the possibility that a "big ass asteroid" may hit us sometime in
the (unspecified) future, should we plan to find a way to deal with that
eventuality?
* Given the fact that global warming is occurring right now and it's
effects are being felt right now, do you think we should deal with the
problem now?
* Do you think it is possible that we can (try to) deal with global
warming and a "big ass asteroid" simultaneously? Or can 7.5 billion
humans only deal with one problem at a time?

BTW: NASA and other organisations already track "big ass asteroids" so
we can prepare for such an event.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

benj

May 12, 2018, 7:05:19 PM5/12/18
You forgot the punchline: "But now we need more money so we can do it
again."

%

May 12, 2018, 7:09:56 PM5/12/18
are you anybody

benj

May 12, 2018, 7:12:42 PM5/12/18
On 5/12/2018 2:55 PM, Nadegda wrote:
> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Sat, 12 May 2018 13:55:58 -0400, Wally W. wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:57:03 -0400, kensi wrote:
>>
>>> UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report,
>>
>> Maybe it will also be its last?
>>

>>> laying
>>> out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
>>> change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
>>> security and prosperity on Earth,"
>>
>> That's deluded.
>>
>> It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.
>
> Except that there's no "big ass asteroid" threatening imminent collision
> with Earth. Meanwhile, climate change is already causing damage. New
> Orleans 2005. New York 2012. Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico 2017.
> Ongoing flooding issues in Miami. Massive wildfires in the west. Lethal
> heat-waves in France. And on it goes ...

How does Nads know there is no big ass asteroid? Well it's simple when
you are a lefty lib. You simply imagine something and it immediately is
truth! Just like your SUV causing hurricanes (forget el Nino) fires,
drought, floods, rain, snow, record hot, record cold, record stock
market, alien invasion, and of course Trump being elected. Yes! CO2 did
it all! Nads said so! And "she" will say anything else she thinks you
are gullible enough to believe.

It's what she's paid to do.

benj

May 12, 2018, 7:21:02 PM5/12/18
Prepare? Oh yeah, I saw the movie. Just send our heroes and blow it up!

Except of course that was lefty Hollywood Lib "science". If you blow it
up the center of mass of the debris still hits the earth. Maybe all the
"wind" from global warming will deflect it at the last minute (in
Hollywood the "save" is always at the last minute).

Basically all you really can do is put your head between your knees and
kiss your ass goodbye.

%

May 12, 2018, 7:25:35 PM5/12/18
my ass isn't between me knees

Just Wondering

May 12, 2018, 7:28:14 PM5/12/18
On 5/12/2018 5:12 PM, benj wrote:

>>> That's deluded.
>>> It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.
>>
>> Except that there's no "big ass asteroid" threatening
>> imminent collision with Earth.
>
> How does Nads know there is no big ass asteroid?

Because asteroids don't have asses.

Trevor Wilson

May 12, 2018, 7:32:41 PM5/12/18
**Movies are not necessarily real life. The whole idea of tracking
dangerous asteroids, is so that we may have a chance of dealing with the
asteroid and/or it's ramifications. If, for instance, we have 10 years'
warning of a "big ass asteroid", then it MAY be possible to nudge it
into a different orbit. Maybe.

> Except of course that was lefty Hollywood Lib "science". If you blow it
> up the center of mass of the debris still hits the earth. Maybe all the
> "wind" from global warming will deflect it at the last minute (in
> Hollywood the "save" is always at the last minute).
>
> Basically all you really can do is put your head between your knees and
> kiss your ass goodbye.

**Incorrect:

https://www.nasa.gov/planetarydefense/faq

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

%

May 12, 2018, 7:35:38 PM5/12/18
because she's not in space right now

Sergio

May 12, 2018, 8:03:01 PM5/12/18
nope. That movie sucked too.
take a 10,000 # asteroid moving at 20,000 mph,
What is the force needed to change its direction by x degrees ?

how slowly must the force be applied so as not to tare apart the asteroid ?

how do you aim and time a rocket thruster bolted to an asteroid when the
asteroid is spinning in 1 or 2 axis ?

when you know that, you can tell Bruce Willis to go fix it.

from your nasa link;

"Deflecting an asteroid that is on an impact course with Earth requires
changing the velocity of the object by less than an inch per second
years in advance of the predicted impact. The two most promising
techniques that NASA is investigating are the kinetic impactor (hitting
an asteroid with an object to slightly slow it down) and the gravity
tractor (gravitationally tugging on an asteroid by station-keeping a
large mass near it)."

so who is going to put that fat ass tugger up there? Elon Musk can send
20,000 Teslas up in a bunch....

Sergio

May 12, 2018, 8:05:31 PM5/12/18
obviously Global Worming has already coagulated Nads brain tissues--
like an over cooked hotdog at 7-11

Wally W.

May 12, 2018, 9:04:00 PM5/12/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 08:56:29 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>On 13/05/2018 3:55 AM, Wally W. wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 May 2018 08:57:03 -0400, kensi wrote:
>>
>>> UN Climate Change today launched its first-ever Annual Report,
>>
>> Maybe it will also be its last?
>
>**Unlikely.
>

>>> laying
>>> out the key 2017 achievements and pointing to the future of the climate
>>> change process. "Climate Change is the single biggest threat to life,
>>> security and prosperity on Earth,"
>>
>> That's deluded.
>
>**Well, no, it isn't. It's quite factual.

It is ludicrous.

There are many fast-acting threats "to life, security and prosperity
on Earth," including:
- Nuclear war
- Pandemics
- Supervolcanoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxycc9MPhZU
SUPERVOLCANO! 7 Supervolcanoes That Threaten The Future of Humanity

>> It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.
>>

>**Perhaps.
>* When do you expect a "big ass asteroid" to hit?
>* What can we do to prevent a "big ass asteroid" from hitting Earth?

Nothing if we keep wasting money on "fighting" climate change.

>* Given the possibility that a "big ass asteroid" may hit us sometime in
>the (unspecified) future, should we plan to find a way to deal with that
>eventuality?

Yes.

>* Given the fact that global warming is occurring right now

So what?

It is it is a religious belief, not a "given fact," that global
warming is "bad."

>and it's
>effects are being felt right now,

Woo hoo. Way better than the Little Ice Age.

>do you think we should deal with the
>problem now?

What "problem?"

>* Do you think it is possible that we can (try to) deal with global
>warming and a "big ass asteroid" simultaneously? Or can 7.5 billion
>humans only deal with one problem at a time?

It is not necessary to "(try to) deal with global warming."

It is a fool's errand.

We can (try to) deal with a "big ass asteroid" and some other real
problem simultaneously if people with the purse strings will ignore
the hysterical shrieking from your comrades about a non-problem.

>BTW: NASA and other organisations already track "big ass asteroids" so
>we can prepare for such an event.

Knowing the "big one" is coming and being "prepared" are different
things. We won't be "prepared" unless we quit pissing money down the
AGW rathole.

%

May 12, 2018, 9:09:31 PM5/12/18
which one of my armpits do you think is the cutest

Nadegda

May 12, 2018, 9:19:03 PM5/12/18
On Sat, 12 May 2018 21:03:59 -0400, Wally W. wrote:

> On Sun, 13 May 2018 08:56:29 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Maybe it will also be its last?
>>
>>**Unlikely.

>>> That's deluded.
>>
>>**Well, no, it isn't. It's quite factual.
>
> It is ludicrous.
>
> There are many fast-acting threats "to life, security and prosperity on
> Earth," including:
> - Nuclear war

Disarmament

> - Pandemics

Universal health care

> - Supervolcanoes

Monitoring is all we can do there.
Newsflash, kooky: the earth has finite fossil fuels and we've already used
more than half of them up. We will *necessarily* transition to cleaner
energy sources. The only choice we get is when, and maybe how messily.
Might as well be now and as smoothly as we can manage it. And that will
deal with AGW in the process.

%

May 12, 2018, 9:24:57 PM5/12/18
.

this post has been vetoed for rerunning

benj

May 12, 2018, 9:29:15 PM5/12/18
Nads idea of "smooth" is a quick return to the middle ages to
"stabilize" the climate. Forget that we've got 300 years worth of coal
which could be used without problem if a little effort were put into
"clean coal". Oh wait! We all make fun of coal and use oil and gas until
it runs out and THEN return to the middle ages. OF course we COULD have
an energy tax that could fund clean coal research, but it's really much
better to give that money away to Third World dictators to waste and
live high until everything crashes. In Nads world logic and reason play
no role.

%

May 12, 2018, 9:30:50 PM5/12/18
that's because its all reruns

Wally W.

May 12, 2018, 9:40:53 PM5/12/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 01:19:01 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda wrote:

>Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
>On Sat, 12 May 2018 21:03:59 -0400, Wally W. wrote:

>>>**Unlikely.

>>>**Well, no, it isn't. It's quite factual.
>>
>> It is ludicrous.
>>
>> There are many fast-acting threats "to life, security and prosperity on
>> Earth," including:
>> - Nuclear war
>
>Disarmament
>
>> - Pandemics
>
>Universal health care

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple,
and wrong."
- H. L. Mencken

>> - Supervolcanoes
>
>Monitoring is all we can do there.

It's all *you* know how to do, and you're content to stay there by
spending money on AGW instead of this?
So it's a self-extinguishing problem that needs no shrieking from
religious zealots for its solution.

The "cleaner energy sources" we need are nukes or something we haven't
found yet because we have been wasting too much money on AGW.

Windmills and PV panels won't cut it no matter how many batteries
(with their own problems) are thrown at them.

Listen to a socialist:

<https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/how-clean-is-clean-energy-why-renewables-cannot-solve-the-global-crisis-10205baeb781>
“renewable energies” cannot play any role in solving the multifaceted
global crisis of today and that, on the contrary, investing in these
technologies is a waste of time, effort, energy and, most important of
all, scarce resources.

Wally W.

May 12, 2018, 9:42:40 PM5/12/18
Are you?

Nadegda

May 12, 2018, 9:58:10 PM5/12/18
Strawman/putting words in my mouth. What say you, referee?

REF: Deniers #14, Personal foul, game misconduct. Game is forfeit. Climate
Scientists win!

> "clean coal".

Heeeeheheheeehehe, kook actually thinks there's such a thing as "clean
coal".

Nadegda

May 12, 2018, 10:01:54 PM5/12/18
It works great in the developed world. Perhaps it's time we in the USA
joined the developed world at last?

>>> - Supervolcanoes
>>
>>Monitoring is all we can do there.
>
> It's all *you* know how to do,

What would you suggest then?

(This ought to be good for a snicker or two...)

>>Newsflash, kooky: the earth has finite fossil fuels and we've already
>>used more than half of them up. We will *necessarily* transition to
>>cleaner energy sources. The only choice we get is when, and maybe how
>>messily. Might as well be now and as smoothly as we can manage it. And
>>that will deal with AGW in the process.
>
> So it's a self-extinguishing problem that needs no shrieking

No, because the later the transition, a) the rocker it will be and b) the
worse climate change will get.

> The "cleaner energy sources" we need are nukes

Figures you'd be pro-nuke.

> Windmills and PV panels won't cut it

http://www.go100re.net/

----------
100% Renewable Energy is a reality today

Communities, regions, islands and countries across the world are
celebrating their recent transition to 100% renewable energy (RE) in
energy supply.
----------

SPANKY-SPANKY!

<snicker>

%

May 12, 2018, 10:13:05 PM5/12/18
i'll answer you right after i get answered

%

May 12, 2018, 10:13:24 PM5/12/18
rerun

%

May 12, 2018, 10:13:48 PM5/12/18
rerun

Wally W.

May 12, 2018, 10:41:01 PM5/12/18
Health care treating infected people is like closing the barn door
after the horse escaped.

Keeping people safe from outbreaks to begin with is a pre-emptive
approach.

For example: figuring out where and when to use DDT.

>>>Monitoring is all we can do there.
>>
>> It's all *you* know how to do,
>
>What would you suggest then?

Spending money on research toward defusing these bombs instead of
*only* monitoring them.

You think we can control **the** climate (there's only one, you know
... just listen to the spew from your comrades) ... don't you think we
can learn how to relieve the pressure in a caldera?

>(This ought to be good for a snicker or two...)

Snickering yet? About what?

>>>Newsflash, kooky: the earth has finite fossil fuels and we've already
>>>used more than half of them up. We will *necessarily* transition to
>>>cleaner energy sources. The only choice we get is when, and maybe how
>>>messily. Might as well be now and as smoothly as we can manage it. And
>>>that will deal with AGW in the process.
>>
>> So it's a self-extinguishing problem that needs no shrieking
>
>No, because the later the transition, a) the rocker it will be and b) the
>worse climate change will get.

It has to be bad before it can get worse. Climate change isn't
necessarily bad.

>> The "cleaner energy sources" we need are nukes
>
>Figures you'd be pro-nuke.

Why did you snip this: "or something we haven't found yet"?

Do you think **all** science is "settled" and there is nothing new to
be discovered?

>> Windmills and PV panels won't cut it
>
>http://www.go100re.net/
>
>----------
>100% Renewable Energy is a reality today
>
>Communities, regions, islands and countries across the world are
>celebrating their recent transition to 100% renewable energy (RE) in
>energy supply.
>----------
>
>SPANKY-SPANKY!
>
><snicker>

You snipped the quote from a socialist:

<https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/how-clean-is-clean-energy-why-renewables-cannot-solve-the-global-crisis-10205baeb781>
“renewable energies” cannot play any role in solving the multifaceted
global crisis of today and that, on the contrary, investing in these
technologies is a waste of time, effort, energy and, most important of
all, scarce resources.

Alarmists are fickle.

They run away when those who think they are "of them" do something
that is inconvenient to weasels who prefer to be insidious.

https://thebaffler.com/latest/metaphor-for-the-planet-downey
no major environmental organization has even publicly acknowledged his
existence in the week since he died. Like Buckel’s death, their
inaction is also communicative: he is not of them. His memory is
dangerous to their more moderate calls for legislative gradualism and
personal lifestyle change

Nadegda

May 12, 2018, 10:56:36 PM5/12/18
All the more reason for universal healthcare. Otherwise poor people avoid
checkups and routine screenings and tests and stuff, to avoid the expense,
only to get seriously ill and land in the ER eventually.

> For example: figuring out where and when to use DDT.

Erm, nowhere and never? Unless you like the idea of a world without birds.

>>> It's all *you* know how to do,
>>
>>What would you suggest then?
>
> Spending money on research toward defusing these bombs instead of *only*
> monitoring them.

No, no, I mean your idea for how to defuse them.

>>> So it's a self-extinguishing problem that needs no shrieking
>>
>>No, because the later the transition, a) the rocker it will be and b)
>>the worse climate change will get.
>
> It has to be bad before it can get worse. Climate change isn't
> necessarily bad.

It sure is.

>>> Windmills and PV panels won't cut it
>>
>>http://www.go100re.net/
>>
>>----------
>>100% Renewable Energy is a reality today
>>
>>Communities, regions, islands and countries across the world are
>>celebrating their recent transition to 100% renewable energy (RE) in
>>energy supply.
>>----------
>>
>>SPANKY-SPANKY!
>>
>><snicker>
>
> Yo<SMACKAKOOK!>

No. The empirical data has proved you wrong on that point. You don't get
to religitage it.

Sergio

May 12, 2018, 11:02:20 PM5/12/18
agree with you, renewables will not cut it, and that is clear to anyone
that had dug into the problem.

Sergio

May 12, 2018, 11:06:36 PM5/12/18
Nads has a hard time understanding things that are not on 'her' list of
approved leftist ideas, no depth, stuck in the shallow water with Nads.

Nadegda

May 12, 2018, 11:12:15 PM5/12/18
On Sat, 12 May 2018 22:01:58 -0500, Sergio wrote:

> renewables will not cut it, and that is clear to anyone
> that had dug into the problem.

http://www.go100re.net/

----------
100% Renewable Energy is a reality today

Communities, regions, islands and countries across the world are
celebrating their recent transition to 100% renewable energy (RE) in
energy supply.
----------

SPANKY-SPANKY!

<snicker>

Wally W.

May 13, 2018, 1:42:19 AM5/13/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 02:56:33 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda wrote:

>> It has to be bad before it can get worse. Climate change isn't
>> necessarily bad.
>
>It sure is.

That is a ridiculous statement.

*All* climate change is bad *everywhere* ... at every time in history?

Was it bad when glaciers retreated from where you are living now?

Wally W.

May 13, 2018, 1:52:20 AM5/13/18
Why do greenies think in black-and-white?

Checkmate

May 13, 2018, 2:57:59 AM5/13/18
Checkmate! In article <fMKJC.107072$LR2....@fx41.iad>,
JustWo...@hotmail.com says...
Poof cookie?

--
Checkmate ®
Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Copyright © 2018
all rights reserved

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

"There are many here among us,
who feel that life is but a joke."

kensi." -Nadegda

%

May 13, 2018, 8:38:05 AM5/13/18
rerun

kensi

May 13, 2018, 10:30:38 AM5/13/18
On 5/12/2018 7:12 PM, benj wrote:
> How does Nads know there is no big ass asteroid?

She doesn't, perhaps, but I do:

http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Earth_Playing_Cosmic_Roulette_With_Asteroids.html

We've more or less found all the dino-killer-sized ones. None poses a
near-term threat to Earth. There are a few in the kilometer range -- a
few times smaller and 1/100 or less the mass -- that we haven't found
and a few more that may at least pass close by some decades in the
future, but none known to be on a collision course. The major risk is a
Tunguska-sized or Chelyabinsk-sized object hitting either ocean or a
populated area. (As Tunguska itself demonstrated, one this size hitting
low-population-density land is not much of a threat.)

The risks from climate change are also well-documented: sea-level rise,
floods, fires, supercharged storms, droughts affecting cities' water
supplies, disruptions to agriculture from droughts and other causes,
shifts in pest and disease ranges (mostly expansion to higher
latitudes), and lethal heat waves. And probably more.

If you value the natural world, though as conservatives you probably
don't, add in coral bleaching and other ecosystem and habitat disruption.

CO2 has another effect beside warming: ocean acidification. That also
damages coral reefs and disrupts ecosystems. Disrupted ecosystems, from
warming and from acidification, in turn disrupt fisheries, timberlands,
and other economically-important resources.

in here." ~Checkmate

kensi

May 13, 2018, 10:33:56 AM5/13/18
On 5/12/2018 8:02 PM, Sergio wrote:
> nope. That movie sucked too.
> take a 10,000 # asteroid moving at 20,000 mph,
> What is the force needed to change its direction by x degrees ?

Try making actual sense, and then maybe I could calculate it.

> how slowly must the force be applied so as not to tare apart the asteroid ?

"Tare"?

> how do you aim and time a rocket thruster bolted to an asteroid when the
> asteroid is spinning

Mount it at a pole. Or kill the spin. Or use a gravitational tractor,
for which the spin is irrelevant. Or use a damn clock. If we can make a
solar panel that turns to stay facing the sun we can do this.

> in 1 or 2 axis ?

*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*

You fail physics, and mathematics, forever.

kensi

May 13, 2018, 10:36:20 AM5/13/18
On 5/13/2018 1:42 AM, Wally W. wrote:
> On Sun, 13 May 2018 02:56:33 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda wrote:
>
>>> It has to be bad before it can get worse. Climate change isn't
>>> necessarily bad.
>>
>> It sure is.
>
> That is a ridiculous statement.
>
> *All* climate change is bad *everywhere* ... at every time in history?

No, the particular climate change happening now is bad.

kensi

May 13, 2018, 10:37:13 AM5/13/18
Why do k0oks follow up to their own articles? And post more than one
followup to the *same* article, and and and and and?

kensi

May 13, 2018, 10:37:33 AM5/13/18
I believe that's what Nadegda just said.

Sergio

May 13, 2018, 11:43:00 AM5/13/18
and why are greenies always negative ? they sell fear.

Increased CO2 makes more plants grow faster larger, making the planet
greener, more water vapor in the air.

the Climate Change, or Glowball Worming, the greenies sell their ideas
based upon fear, and emotion.

history shows us glaciers grow and shrink inspite of man.

google ice ages

this graph shows we are due for another ice age now;

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Ice_Age_Temperature.png

Nads is Hillary's mouth piece.

Sergio

May 13, 2018, 11:48:50 AM5/13/18
On 5/13/2018 1:57 AM, Checkmate wrote:
> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <fMKJC.107072$LR2....@fx41.iad>,
> JustWo...@hotmail.com says...

>>> How does Nads know there is no big ass asteroid?
>>
>> Because asteroids don't have asses.
>
> Poof cookie?

Wolf Wookie ?

Nads has a mirror and can see behind her there are no big ass
asterhemoriods there.

benj

May 13, 2018, 11:54:36 AM5/13/18
Says the left lib who doesn't recognize ANY rules of the game.
Nads and Climate "scientists" arrested for fraud.

>> "clean coal".
>
> Heeeeheheheeehehe, kook actually thinks there's such a thing as "clean
> coal".

Says the ignorant lib who knows no science but somehow still knows what
is not possible! Just use the "short form", Nads: "I'm a moron."

Why would anyone with half a brain pay any attention at all to some
anonymous INTERNET bigmouth? That would be SO gullible!

benj

May 13, 2018, 11:57:08 AM5/13/18
Yeah my solar porch light is 100% renewable energy now!

But it ain't powering Noo Yawk City. Oh I forgot, ignorant Libs don't do
quantity.

benj

May 13, 2018, 12:01:46 PM5/13/18
Well there you go, Wally, Game and match!
An anonymous Internet lib troll has just proclaimed you wrong and spoken
undeniable absolute truth. There can be no argument against that!

benj

May 13, 2018, 12:06:30 PM5/13/18
Leftists will use anybody they can and then be perfectly willing to
throw them under the bus to further their ends. Historical examples too
numerous to even mention.

benj

May 13, 2018, 12:11:31 PM5/13/18
On 5/13/2018 1:42 AM, Wally W. wrote:
All us progressives spoke out loudly (as best we could with the language
of the time) against the climate change that was melting the mile of ice
over my house, but none of the conservative scum would listen to us!

benj

May 13, 2018, 12:12:48 PM5/13/18
They are binary and don't do quantity.

Sergio

May 13, 2018, 12:14:56 PM5/13/18
Nads gave up with 'her' REF: statement where she tries to change the
subject. One never gets any facts, or science, from the Nadblobster.

>>> "clean coal".
>>
>> Heeeeheheheeehehe, kook actually thinks there's such a thing as "clean
>> coal".
>
> Says the ignorant lib who knows no science but somehow still knows what
> is not possible! Just use the "short form", Nads: "I'm a moron."
>
> Why would anyone with half a brain pay any attention at all to some
> anonymous INTERNET bigmouth? That would be SO gullible!

keep it simple, just black or white for Nads. no thinking involved there.

The normal question is "How Clean"? with each energy source ?
but no, Nads reverts to emotional *to change the subject* as she does
not have the *intellectual depth* to discuss it.

Wally W.

May 13, 2018, 12:17:17 PM5/13/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 10:36:16 -0400, kensi wrote:

>>> It sure is.
>>
>> That is a ridiculous statement.
>>
>> *All* climate change is bad *everywhere* ... at every time in history?
>
>No, the particular climate change happening now is bad.

There is only one climate change happening now?

Where is it?

If more than one climate change is happening now, are they *all* bad?

Never mind your dodgy "all changes are bad in some way."

The question is: Are they *all* bad enough to put effort into stopping
*all* climate changes *everywhere*?

If so, what makes you think that is possible?

How do you know in what direction a climate would be changing in a
particular location if humans had *no* influence?

How do you know we are (ever so slightly) nudging *that* climate in
the "wrong" direction?

Wally W.

May 13, 2018, 12:17:52 PM5/13/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 10:37:28 -0400, kensi wrote:

>On 5/13/2018 8:38 AM, % wrote:
>> On 2018-05-12 7:56 PM, Nadegda wrote:
>>> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
>>>
>>> No. The empirical data has proved you wrong on that point. You don't get
>>> to religitage it.
>>
>> rerun
>
>I believe that's what Nadegda just said.

So your me-too was a re-rerun.

Sergio

May 13, 2018, 12:22:13 PM5/13/18
wrong, read the webpages, in detail, no one is 100% on RE.

that website asks for donations to help RE, and is headed by RE
manufacturing industry people, yep Large Corporations sucking up money
from greenies, like huge Leaches, leading around zombie leftists.

benj

May 13, 2018, 12:32:30 PM5/13/18
On 5/13/2018 10:33 AM, kensi wrote:
> On 5/12/2018 8:02 PM, Sergio wrote:
>> nope.  That movie sucked too.
>> take a 10,000 # asteroid moving at 20,000 mph,
>> What is the force needed to change its direction by x degrees ?
>
> Try making actual sense, and then maybe I could calculate it.
>
>> how slowly must the force be applied so as not to tare apart the
>> asteroid ?
>
> "Tare"?

Lefty Libs only do spelling and grammar, SErgio. They know nothing else.

>> how do you aim and time a rocket thruster bolted to an asteroid when the
>> asteroid is spinning
>
> Mount it at a pole. Or kill the spin. Or use a gravitational tractor,
> for which the spin is irrelevant. Or use a damn clock. If we can make a
> solar panel that turns to stay facing the sun we can do this.
>
>> in 1 or 2 axis ?
>
> *headdesk*
> *headdesk*
> *headdesk*
>
> You fail physics, and mathematics, forever.

Damn, Sergio! Don't you watch any TV or movies? Obviously Earth can be
saved with the simple application of a "Tractor beam"! I've personally
seen those green beams move asteroids MANY times! You sure don't know
your science!

benj

May 13, 2018, 12:34:05 PM5/13/18
is "mouth piece" something like a "cock holster" (That is a lib joke I
saw on TV once...they think it's hilarious)

benj

May 13, 2018, 12:35:12 PM5/13/18
On 5/13/2018 10:37 AM, kensi wrote:
> On 5/13/2018 8:38 AM, % wrote:
>> On 2018-05-12 7:56 PM, Nadegda wrote:
>>> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
>>>
>>> No. The empirical data has proved you wrong on that point. You don't get
>>> to religitage it.
>>
>> rerun
>
> I believe that's what Nadegda just said.

As you and Nads know, science it all about "belief" rather than
measurements and facts. You win again!

benj

May 13, 2018, 12:39:17 PM5/13/18
On 5/13/2018 10:36 AM, kensi wrote:

>>> It sure is.
>>
>> That is a ridiculous statement.
>>
>> *All* climate change is bad *everywhere* ... at every time in history?
>
> No, the particular climate change happening now is bad.

You can't tax the past, Wally, you can only tax the present.

benj

May 13, 2018, 12:40:14 PM5/13/18
On 5/13/2018 10:37 AM, kensi wrote:
> On 5/13/2018 1:52 AM, Wally W. wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 May 2018 01:42:15 -0400, Wally W. wrote:
>>> Was it bad when glaciers retreated from where you are living now?
>>
>> Why do greenies think in black-and-white?
>
> Why do k0oks follow up to their own articles? And post more than one
> followup to the *same* article, and and and and and?

Says the biggest cross-posting propaganda reposter on the planet.

James McGinn

May 13, 2018, 12:48:19 PM5/13/18
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 11:55:40 AM UTC-7, Nadegda wrote:

> Meanwhile, climate change is already causing damage. New
> Orleans 2005. New York 2012. Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico 2017.
> Ongoing flooding issues in Miami. Massive wildfires in the west. Lethal
> heat-waves in France. And on it goes ...

This is direct evidence that people that believe in global warming are stupid.

Wally W.

May 13, 2018, 12:54:49 PM5/13/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 10:30:33 -0400, kensi wrote:

>On 5/12/2018 7:12 PM, benj wrote:
>> How does Nads know there is no big ass asteroid?
>
>She doesn't, perhaps, but I do:

No, you don't know that.

>http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Earth_Playing_Cosmic_Roulette_With_Asteroids.html
>
>We've more or less found all the dino-killer-sized ones.

A statement of certainty for kensi: "more or less."

There couldn't *possibly* be anything they missed, could there?

If they "more or less found all the dino-killer-sized ones," then
their department can be closed and they can start looking for new
jobs, right?

Sergio

May 13, 2018, 1:01:25 PM5/13/18
On 5/13/2018 11:32 AM, benj wrote:
> On 5/13/2018 10:33 AM, kensi wrote:
>> On 5/12/2018 8:02 PM, Sergio wrote:
>>> nope.  That movie sucked too.
>>> take a 10,000 # asteroid moving at 20,000 mph,
>>> What is the force needed to change its direction by x degrees ?
>>
>> Try making actual sense, and then maybe I could calculate it.
>>
>>> how slowly must the force be applied so as not to tare apart the
>>> asteroid ?
>>
>> "Tare"?
>
> Lefty Libs only do spelling and grammar, SErgio. They know nothing else.

I throw those in to aggravate the engrlish and other non-science teachers

>>> how do you aim and time a rocket thruster bolted to an asteroid when the
>>> asteroid is spinning
>>
>> Mount it at a pole. Or kill the spin. Or use a gravitational tractor,
>> for which the spin is irrelevant. Or use a damn clock. If we can make
>> a solar panel that turns to stay facing the sun we can do this.
>>
>>> in 1 or 2 axis ?
>>
>> *headdesk*
>> *headdesk*
>> *headdesk*
>>
>> You fail physics, and mathematics, forever.
>>
> Damn, Sergio! Don't you watch any TV or movies? Obviously Earth can be
> saved with the simple application of a "Tractor beam"! I've personally
> seen those green beams move asteroids MANY times! You sure don't know
> your science!

HeY! Kalifornia just mandated, SOLAR PANELS ON EVERY HOUSE, so stupid.

they should have done solar farms instead.

Guess they did not want to pay for that, and now soak the homeowner to
prop up Elon Musk.

Solar mounting must be flat on the roof IAW Kaliforna laws.

loose 50% of solar power because the panels do not track the sun, (a
solar farm tracks the sun.)

they loose another 50% because they only get morning sun or afternoon
sun, and must be mounted with a poor angle to the sun, (not 90 degrees)

so from the get go, Kalifornia has doomed their solar power industry, by
only being able to collect only 25%.

so they blew out their cost analysis, mounting on homes is far more
expensive than a solar farm, and with the panels poorly orentated the
cost is 4 times more.

kensi pupa's *headdesk* is simply a way to change the subject, refer to
emotional no think, rather than discuss the reality of system losses in
Solar power, because 'she' can't, too girly?, dosen't know it, like
McGinn discussing Water Vapor, almost.

%

May 13, 2018, 1:19:16 PM5/13/18
are you anybody

Wally W.

May 13, 2018, 1:34:41 PM5/13/18
For what is that supposed to be code?

Is that what you say when you have no refutation?

Are you among those who "have to say something" even when they don't
have "something to say?"

%

May 13, 2018, 1:40:08 PM5/13/18
i'll answer all of your questions after you answer the one i asked

%

May 13, 2018, 1:46:44 PM5/13/18
"Wally W." <ww84wa> wrote in message

Quote:
On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 20:06:48 -0700, Rudy Canoza wrote:

On 8/9/2017 7:51 PM, AlleyPussyBitch lied:

[...]

Every word you write about global warming is bullshit. You don't know a
f***ing thing about the subject, and you don't know anyone who does.

You don't know who he knows. You spew with certainty what you cannot
possibly know.

Such behavior is endemic among alarmist, greenie, weasels.

What you know about are right-wingnut fake news sites that specialize in
fooling gullible fat f**ks like you.

f**k off.

You repeated the same spew with no refutation.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results." - Albert Einstein

Wally W.

May 13, 2018, 1:58:48 PM5/13/18
You don't know what all of my questions are.

%

May 13, 2018, 2:09:24 PM5/13/18
that's true but i know you won't answer mine ,
i think i'll just leave you with rudy ,
you seem to be equals in the art

Checkmate

May 13, 2018, 3:53:28 PM5/13/18
Checkmate! In article <pd9i69$8qs$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, kkensington01
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...

> Subject: Re: UN Climate Change Launches First-Ever Annual Report
> From: kensi <kkensi...@gmail.nospam.invalid>
> Newsgroups: sci.physics, talk.politics.guns, alt.checkmate
>
> On 5/12/2018 7:12 PM, benj wrote:
> > How does Nads know there is no big ass asteroid?
>
> She doesn't, perhaps, but I do:
>
> http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Earth_Playing_Cosmic_Roulette_With_Asteroids.html
>
> We've more or less found all the dino-killer-sized ones. None poses a
> near-term threat to Earth. There are a few in the kilometer range -- a
> few times smaller and 1/100 or less the mass -- that we haven't found
> and a few more that may at least pass close by some decades in the
> future, but none known to be on a collision course. The major risk is a
> Tunguska-sized or Chelyabinsk-sized object hitting either ocean or a
> populated area. (As Tunguska itself demonstrated, one this size hitting
> low-population-density land is not much of a threat.)
>
> The risks from climate change are also well-documented: sea-level rise,
> floods, fires, supercharged storms, droughts affecting cities' water
> supplies, disruptions to agriculture from droughts and other causes,
> shifts in pest and disease ranges (mostly expansion to higher
> latitudes), and lethal heat waves. And probably more.

"BLOBBITY-BLOBBITY-BLAH-BLAH-BLUH... Whining about it on Usenet every
day is bound to gain traction eventually..."

--
Checkmate ®
Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Copyright © 2018
all rights reserved

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

"There are many here among us,
who feel that life is but a joke."

kensi." -Nadegda

Nadegda

May 13, 2018, 3:54:22 PM5/13/18
If my understanding is correct, new ones could wander in from the outer
solar system from time to time ... but if we are vigilant and spot them
early, the minimum time before they could pose a threat would be measured
in decades.

Climate change posts a threat right now. Indeed, it has already killed
people.

--
FNVWe Nadegda

Fakey couldn't teach a monkey to eat a banana, much less answer a direct
question posed to him. -- Fakey's Dogwhistle Holder

Nadegda

May 13, 2018, 3:57:08 PM5/13/18
No, kensi's *headdesk* is because you two kooks apparently think space is
four-dimensional, despite having both spent enough years living in it to
have learned semi-decent grade-school English.

Checkmate

May 13, 2018, 3:58:29 PM5/13/18
Checkmate! In article <pd9icf$94k$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, kkensington01
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...

> On 5/12/2018 8:02 PM, Sergio wrote:
> > nope. That movie sucked too.
> > take a 10,000 # asteroid moving at 20,000 mph,
> > What is the force needed to change its direction by x degrees ?
>
> Try making actual sense, and then maybe I could calculate it.
>
> > how slowly must the force be applied so as not to tare apart the asteroid ?
>
> "Tare"?

Maybe Dr. Kensington thinks the asteroid comes in a container, and she
wishes to weigh the asteroid, minus the weight of the container. All
asstrophysicists routinely do this with asteroids in containers.

> > how do you aim and time a rocket thruster bolted to an asteroid when the
> > asteroid is spinning
>
> Mount it at a pole. Or kill the spin. Or use a gravitational tractor,
> for which the spin is irrelevant. Or use a damn clock. If we can make a
> solar panel that turns to stay facing the sun we can do this.
>
> > in 1 or 2 axis ?
>
> *headdesk*
> *headdesk*
> *headdesk*
>
> You fail physics, and mathematics, forever.

Nadegda

May 13, 2018, 3:59:49 PM5/13/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:54:29 -0400, benj wrote:

> On 5/12/2018 9:58 PM, Nadegda wrote:
>> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes,
>> melt! On Sat, 12 May 2018 21:29:09 -0400, benj wrote:

>>> Nads idea of "smooth" is a quick return to the middle ages to
>>> "stabilize" the climate.
>>
>> Strawman/putting words in my mouth. What say you, referee?
>>
>> REF: Deniers #14, Personal foul, game misconduct. Game is forfeit.
>> Climate Scientists win!
>
> Says the left lib who doesn't recognize ANY rules of the game.
> Nads and Climate "scientists" arrested for fraud.

Nice fanfic. Too bad for you that you lost and all the Monday morning
quarterbacking in the world can't change the outcome now. Indeed, you were
doomed from the get-go, because you backed the wrong side. You decided to
be climate deniers in a world where climate change actually is happening.
Oops!

> Why would anyone with half a brain pay any attention at all to some
> anonymous INTERNET bigmouth? That would be SO gullible!

We wouldn't, except that it is so easy to make you foam. How many of these
exclamation-marks and CAPS-riddled rants have you frothed out over the
last month or several? Seemingly every thread kensi starts ends up being
from 80 to as many as 300 articles long, a lot of them from your copious
ranting.

Nadegda

May 13, 2018, 4:01:36 PM5/13/18
... and meanwhile you have yet to either substantiate the assertion that
there is meaningfully such a thing as "clean coal" *or* refute the claims
of myself and kensi upthread. It seems your "tries to change the subject"
blather is pure projection, because that's what you and benj keep doing:
deflect away from the actual substance.

Nadegda

May 13, 2018, 4:06:20 PM5/13/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 12:11:24 -0400, benj wrote:

> All us progressives

What the fuck?

What's that horrid stench?

Oh my Zeus. It's pure concentrated 100-proof bullshit!

<excuse me while I click "delete" then go open a window>

Nadegda

May 13, 2018, 4:08:42 PM5/13/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:57:01 -0400, benj wrote:

> On 5/12/2018 10:01 PM, Nadegda wrote:
>> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes,
>> melt! On Sat, 12 May 2018 21:40:54 -0400, Wally W. wrote:

>>> "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple,
>>> and wrong."
>>> - H. L. Mencken
>>
>> It works great in the developed world. Perhaps it's time we in the USA
>> joined the developed world at last?

>>> It's all *you* know how to do,
>>
>> What would you suggest then?
>>
>> (This ought to be good for a snicker or two...)

>>> So it's a self-extinguishing problem that needs no shrieking
>>
>> No, because the later the transition, a) the rocker it will be and b)
>> the worse climate change will get.
>>
>>> The "cleaner energy sources" we need are nukes
>>
>> Figures you'd be pro-nuke.
>>
>>> Windmills and PV panels won't cut it
>>
>> http://www.go100re.net/
>>
>> ----------
>> 100% Renewable Energy is a reality today
>>
>> Communities, regions, islands and countries across the world are
>> celebrating their recent transition to 100% renewable energy (RE) in
>> energy supply.
>> ----------
>>
>> SPANKY-SPANKY!
>>
>> <snicker>
>
> Yeah my solar porch light is 100% renewable energy now!
>
> But it ain't powering Noo Ya<SMACKAKOOK!>

Reread my link:

http://www.go100re.net/

----------
100% Renewable Energy is a reality today

Communities, regions, islands and countries across the world are
celebrating their recent transition to 100% renewable energy (RE) in
energy supply.
----------

Look more closely this time. Note that it says cities and even whole
countries, not porch lights.

SPANKY-SPANKY!

<snicker>

%

May 13, 2018, 4:13:39 PM5/13/18
On 2018-05-13 12:54 PM, Nadegda wrote:
> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Sun, 13 May 2018 12:54:46 -0400, Wally W. wrote:

>>> She doesn't, perhaps, but I do:
>>
>> No, you don't know that.
>>
>>> http://www.terradaily.com/reports/
> Earth_Playing_Cosmic_Roulette_With_Asteroids.html
>>>
>>> We've more or less found all the dino-killer-sized ones.
>>
>> A statement of certainty for kensi: "more or less."
>>
>> There couldn't *possibly* be anything they missed, could there?
>>
>> If they "more or less found all the dino-killer-sized ones," then their
>> department can be closed and they can start looking for new jobs, right?
>
> If my understanding is correct, new ones could wander in from the outer
> solar system from time to time ... but if we are vigilant and spot them
> early, the minimum time before they could pose a threat would be measured
> in decades.
>
> Climate change posts a threat right now. Indeed, it has already killed
> people.

rerun

%

May 13, 2018, 4:13:58 PM5/13/18
rerun

%

May 13, 2018, 4:14:22 PM5/13/18
rerun

%

May 13, 2018, 4:14:54 PM5/13/18
rerun

%

May 13, 2018, 4:15:28 PM5/13/18
On 2018-05-13 1:06 PM, Nadegda wrote:
> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Sun, 13 May 2018 12:11:24 -0400, benj wrote:
>
>> All us progressives
>
> What the fuck?
>
> What's that horrid stench?
>
> Oh my Zeus. It's pure concentrated 100-proof bullshit!
>
> <excuse me while I click "delete" then go open a window>

rerun

%

May 13, 2018, 4:15:47 PM5/13/18
rerun

Nadegda

May 13, 2018, 4:19:17 PM5/13/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 12:58:26 -0700, Checkmate wrote:

> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <pd9icf$94k$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, kkensington01
> @gmail.nospam.invalid says...
>

>> On 5/12/2018 8:02 PM, Sergio wrote:
>> > nope. That movie sucked too.
>> > take a 10,000 # asteroid moving at 20,000 mph,
>> > What is the force needed to change its direction by x degrees ?
>>
>> Try making actual sense, and then maybe I could calculate it.
>>
>> > how slowly must the force be applied so as not to tare apart the
>> > asteroid ?
>>
>> "Tare"?
>
> Maybe Dr. Kensington thinks the asteroid comes in a container, and she
> wishes to weigh the asteroid, minus the weight of the container. All
> asstrophysicists routinely do this with asteroids in containers.

You misspelled "Maybe Sergio thinks the asteroid comes in a container, and
she wishes to weigh the asteroid, minus the weight of the container. All
asstrophysicists routinely do this with asteroids in containers." HTH.

%

May 13, 2018, 4:21:17 PM5/13/18
On 2018-05-13 1:19 PM, Nadegda wrote:
> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Sun, 13 May 2018 12:58:26 -0700, Checkmate wrote:
>
>> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
>> Checkmate! In article <pd9icf$94k$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, kkensington01
>> @gmail.nospam.invalid says...

>>> Try making actual sense, and then maybe I could calculate it.

>>> "Tare"?
>>
>> Maybe Dr. Kensington thinks the asteroid comes in a container, and she
>> wishes to weigh the asteroid, minus the weight of the container. All
>> asstrophysicists routinely do this with asteroids in containers.
>
> You misspelled "Maybe Sergio thinks the asteroid comes in a container, and
> she wishes to weigh the asteroid, minus the weight of the container. All
> asstrophysicists routinely do this with asteroids in containers." HTH.

rerun

Checkmate

May 13, 2018, 4:25:57 PM5/13/18
Checkmate! In article <pda5fh$jvq$4...@dont-email.me>, nad318b404
@gmail.invalid says...
You actually COUNT the articles? Obsess much, or just lie a lot?

Nadegda

May 13, 2018, 4:34:48 PM5/13/18
> rer<PLONK!>

Enough reruns out of you.

Nadegda

May 13, 2018, 4:36:08 PM5/13/18
No, my newsreader displays the article counts of threads. Why, doesn't
yours?

Checkmate

May 13, 2018, 4:46:02 PM5/13/18
Checkmate! In article <pda7h5$jvq$1...@dont-email.me>, nad318b404
@gmail.invalid says...
First smart thing you've done.

%

May 13, 2018, 4:46:45 PM5/13/18
rerun and a lie

%

May 13, 2018, 4:47:15 PM5/13/18
its simple to fix , stop rerunning

%

May 13, 2018, 4:49:17 PM5/13/18
rerun

Checkmate

May 13, 2018, 4:49:32 PM5/13/18
Checkmate! In article <pda7jl$jvq$1...@dont-email.me>, nad318b404
It counts them, but not on a per-thread basis. I've never felt the need
to obsess over that information, and it isn't necessarily relevant. For
instance, the "Penis Cascades" used to score among the highest, but were
hardly relevant.

Wally W.

May 13, 2018, 5:58:04 PM5/13/18
On Sun, 13 May 2018 19:54:19 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda wrote:

>Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
>On Sun, 13 May 2018 12:54:46 -0400, Wally W. wrote:

>>>She doesn't, perhaps, but I do:
>>
>> No, you don't know that.
>>
>>>http://www.terradaily.com/reports/
>Earth_Playing_Cosmic_Roulette_With_Asteroids.html
>>>
>>>We've more or less found all the dino-killer-sized ones.
>>
>> A statement of certainty for kensi: "more or less."
>>
>> There couldn't *possibly* be anything they missed, could there?
>>
>> If they "more or less found all the dino-killer-sized ones," then their
>> department can be closed and they can start looking for new jobs, right?
>
>If my understanding is correct, new ones could wander in from the outer
>solar system from time to time ... but if we are vigilant and spot them
>early, the minimum time before they could pose a threat would be measured
>in decades.
>
>Climate change posts a threat right now. Indeed, it has already killed
>people.

So have the high utility rates driven by the implementation of greenie
brain farts.

%

May 13, 2018, 6:48:33 PM5/13/18
rerun

Edward Prochak

May 13, 2018, 6:52:23 PM5/13/18
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 3:16:51 PM UTC-4, Wally W. wrote:
> On Sat, 12 May 2018 18:55:37 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda wrote:

> >> Maybe it will also be its last?

> >> That's deluded.
> >>
> >> It pales in comparison to the threat from a big ass asteroid.
> >
> >Except that there's no "big ass asteroid" threatening imminent collision
> >with Earth.
>
> How do you know that?
>
> You don't.

Neither do you. The probability of massive asteroid collision
is estimated, but poorly.

Climate effects are being measured, both current changes
and the historical record. It is still a matter of
probability, but the base of data is much more extensive
for climate change.

Ed
It is loading more messages.