Dentistry = Pain? Dr. Harvey Finkelstein MD = Pain Relief

scott.fe...@gmail.com

May 20, 2014, 9:19:27 AM5/20/14
So we Dentists always get a bad rap about causing pain to our patients. Not quite how WE look at the treatments that we give. Talking to my colleague about pain and he mentioned that there are actually professionals who deal with "Pain Management"
and that after years of chronic neck and lower back pain (goes with the job!)he went to a Dr. Harvey Finkelstein, who doesn't just use traditional pain killer shots, but has a range of holistic approaches, starting from diet, to exercise and stuff like radiofrequency (?) and guess what...this stuff works!
His pain intensity has drastically dropped and he is feeling great, maybe us Dentists can learn something from Harvey Finkelstein.

Steven Bornfeld

May 21, 2014, 1:20:27 PM5/21/14
I doubt very much that all dentists look at pain the same way, nor use
the same treatment modalities--any more than orthopods, PTs,
physiatrists etc. all use one approach.
If you're not Harvey Finkelstein, can you tell me what Dr. Finkelstein's
training is, and in what kind of clinical facility he practices.
If you ARE a dentist, you probably know that there are colleagues that
limit their practices to evaluation and treatment of chronic orofacial
pain. Of course there is no recognized specialty for pain diagnosis and
management as such, but I have a couple of guys I refer to. When I was
on NYUCD faculty ages ago I knew the director of their pain-control
group--and it's nice to have a multi-specialty group there including all
the specialties pain evaluation and management can touch upon.

Steve
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted