recent video uploads

pilotdave

Jul 18, 2002, 8:40:40 PM7/18/02
Don't have a really easy way to list new files on my server anymore, so here
are some recently uploaded videos to http://www.skydivingmovies.com:

/RW/texel_4way.avi (3 megs)
dropzone.com original 4 way record.

/RW/moskwa-2002.wmv (21 megs)
13 minutes of 4 way RW.

/freefly/middle.mpg (28 megs)
freeflying clips.

/landing/f1freak_Lucky.wmv (2 megs)
f1freak learns to swoop the hard way.

/misc/bv2.mpg (40 megs)
High quality version of Kreg Hoag's "Lit Up" video.

/RW/6erEstland1.mpg (2 megs)
3 point 6 way from Parasummer2002 (http://www.skydive.ee/parasummer)

/misc/AS-Promo-video_high.mov (12 megs)
/misc/AS-onyx-test_high.mov (18 megs)
/misc/tandem.mov (7 megs)
Atair promo videos. http://www.extremefly.com/

/freefly/GERMAN-freeflyShaving-WettenDass.avi (46 megs)
Capture of the German TV Show "Wetten Dass?!" from channel ZDF. Head-downer
shaves a sitflier in freefall.

/freelfy/Flori2.mpg (1.6 megs)
Short freefly clip.

Happy downloading!

Dave
http://www.skydivingmovies.com

ynotssor

Jul 18, 2002, 10:46:48 PM7/18/02
"pilotdave" <pilot...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Don't have a really easy way to list new files on my server anymore,
> so here are some recently uploaded videos to
> http://www.skydivingmovies.com:
>
> /RW/texel_4way.avi (3 megs)
> dropzone.com original 4 way record.
[...]

Since your server is set up for it, just use the ftp protocol instead of
http:

ftp://www.skydivingmovies.com/public/RW/texel_4way.avi

tony

pilotdave

Jul 18, 2002, 11:09:51 PM7/18/02
I send people through the web page because it logs hits and referring pages.
I don't currently have access to the ftp log files so that's the only way I
can get an idea of how many people are connecting.

Dave

tbos...@onyx.boisestate.edu

Jul 23, 2002, 7:57:11 PM7/23/02
pilotdave <pilot...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Don't have a really easy way to list new files on my server anymore, [ clip ]

Some ideas for you...

EASIEST:
get a server that offers telnet access, utilize 'find'
NEXT EASIEST:
keep a local log before you upload
NOT SO EASY:
Use a web interface with a mySql backend, utilize timestamps
HARD CORE POWER USER:
exploit the power of PERL, regexps, and recursive FTP

--
Shane

pilotdave

Jul 23, 2002, 11:52:35 PM7/23/02
Problem is I dont have physical access to the server anymore. It used to
run on my PC in my college dorm room, but, well, I don't have a dorm room to
run it in anymore. Anyway the school was limiting my bandwidth ridiculously
at the end... maxed out at like 20 Kbps...

Anyway, I had set up all kinds of logging and log file analysis, but I don't
have access to log files anymore. I had a web based search form running
through PHP and mySQL, but the current server doesn't support PHP and
setting up mySQL is a real pain.

Files get uploaded to the /uploads/ folder. I move them to the appropriate
folders either by downloading them and re-uploading, or by moving them using
DOS FTP. Haven't found an easier way yet.

So, basically, the setup isn't ideal but I'm trying to make things as easy
as possible. Not complaining though. It's all free. Hosting is on a spare
server (thanks Andy!) and the domain is payed for by my hero Craig Poxon.
Maybe some day I'll try to implement that web based front end again. Almost
nobody used it, but it really made finding videos really easy.

Dave

<tbos...@onyx.boisestate.edu> wrote in message