Where's the YSI action??

Cos360°

Jan 11, 2006, 7:47:28 AM1/11/06
So...the world stopped producing music for the last month?? No one's really
posting YSI's of anything current anymore

A to the L

Jan 11, 2006, 11:38:36 AM1/11/06

maybe because we don't want you to get offended by all the nasty swear
wears and have to go through the struggle of deciding if you should
quit listening to hiphop again...

A to the L
"if someone made a pie with lil jon's face baked on it that would be amazing"
Contradictory Hiphop truth with a bitter and twisted attitude
http://www.altrap.com

bozak

Jan 11, 2006, 2:49:35 PM1/11/06

"A to the L" <ato...@gmail.comODE> wrote in message

> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:47:28 +1100, "Cos360°"
> <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>
>>So...the world stopped producing music for the last month?? No one's really
>>posting YSI's of anything current anymore
>>

> maybe because we don't want you to get offended by all the nasty swear
> wears and have to go through the struggle of deciding if you should
> quit listening to hiphop again...

you dont fight fair...

Cos360°

Jan 11, 2006, 3:41:31 PM1/11/06
you really are a moron. honestly speaking. consistently.

- Kwaj

bozak

Jan 11, 2006, 3:49:58 PM1/11/06

"Cos360°" <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote in message

> you really are a moron. honestly speaking. consistently.

you call him a moron for making fun of something you basically said
yourself...

dude, your skin is thinner than air...

A to the L

Jan 11, 2006, 3:58:30 PM1/11/06
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:41:31 +1100, "Cos360°"
<kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:

>you really are a moron. honestly speaking. consistently.

touched a nerve?

for someone so principled about swear language and the morality of it
in Hiphop you certainly have no problems in STEALING said music...

honestly speaking. consistently.

mattmatical

Jan 12, 2006, 12:15:40 AM1/12/06
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:41:31 +1100, "Cos360°" wrote:

>you really are a moron. honestly speaking. consistently.
>
>- Kwaj
>

>"A to the L" <ato...@gmail.comODE> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:47:28 +1100, "Cos360°"
>> <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>>
>>>So...the world stopped producing music for the last month?? No one's
>>>really
>>>posting YSI's of anything current anymore
>>>

>> maybe because we don't want you to get offended by all the nasty swear
>> wears and have to go through the struggle of deciding if you should
>> quit listening to hiphop again...

Wait - aren't you talking about someone else?

Matt

A to the L

Jan 12, 2006, 1:07:26 AM1/12/06
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 06:15:40 +0100, mattmatical <dont...@try.it>
wrote:

"I go through mental torture every 6 months to a year...asking myself
if I should give up listening to rap cause of the language and graphic
imagery. seriously."

I don't think anyone else said that...

ILL

Jan 12, 2006, 5:13:02 AM1/12/06
Cos360° wrote:
> So...the world stopped producing music for the last month?? No one's really
> posting YSI's of anything current anymore

So umm, why don't ya go to a store and see if they have any music for you?

ILL

Cos360°

Jan 12, 2006, 7:32:39 AM1/12/06

> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 06:15:40 +0100, mattmatical <dont...@try.it>
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:41:31 +1100, "Cos360°" wrote:
>>
>>>you really are a moron. honestly speaking. consistently.
>>>
>>>- Kwaj
>>>

>>>"A to the L" <ato...@gmail.comODE> wrote in message

>>Wait - aren't you talking about someone else?
>>

>>Matt
>
> "I go through mental torture every 6 months to a year...asking myself
> if I should give up listening to rap cause of the language and graphic
> imagery. seriously."
>
> I don't think anyone else said that...

you really have nothing better to do with your time. So I said the above, in
the context of it being something which I deal with...I still do.

What differences does it make to you? You have seemingly made a point of
quoting it ever since??

Your wasting your time and I am sure a lot of other peoples; to some of us,
RMHH is an outlet...the context in which my above statements were made. They
were not made for some pathetic to seemingly quote out of context ad
infinitum.

Honestly, if your not being intellectually stimulated in the US...go home.
The last thing America needs is another cultural or financial leech.

- Kwaj

Cos360°

Jan 12, 2006, 7:35:18 AM1/12/06

"ILL" <ZackD...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

they ran out of all the good music. ;-)

A to the L

Jan 12, 2006, 10:40:56 AM1/12/06
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:32:39 +1100, "Cos360°"
<kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:

>Your wasting your time and I am sure a lot of other peoples; to some of us,
>RMHH is an outlet...the context in which my above statements were made. They
>were not made for some pathetic to seemingly quote out of context ad
>infinitum.

out of context how? this is a forum about hiphip music. on this forum
you've said that you struggle to listen to it. then you turn around
and beg again for more 'free' music instead of

a) going out and buying it
b) checking any of the zillions of sites on the net that have free
previews of said music
c) actually learning WHERE and HOW to look for 'free' downloads of
said music - I've lost count of the amount of times bozak (for one)
has directed you towards MIRC and packetnews...

with (c) in mind I think there's only ONE person wasting people's time
with 'pathetic' begging 'ad infinitum'...

and the other thing that probably has fallen from the sky and smacked
you over the head yet is that at this time of the year new titles are
rarely released... Jan and in Feb are slow periods not just in Hiphop
but in all areas of the music industry (and it could be said many
industries)... THAT'S not a new phenomenon...

>Honestly, if your not being intellectually stimulated in the US...go home.

even if I went back to Ireland I would have called you out from there
for constantly expecting other people to do your dirty work for you...

>The last thing America needs is another cultural or financial leech.

don't come to Rochester NY then....

---Pete---

Jan 12, 2006, 3:02:57 PM1/12/06
Some things never change. Kwaj being a bitch, Alan telling them they're a
bitch and bozak leading the reacharound crew...
--
This was an insight into the mind of ---Pete---
"Read and profit from the knowledge" - quest

Cos360°

Jan 12, 2006, 3:53:22 PM1/12/06

> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:32:39 +1100, "Cos360°"
> <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>

>>Your wasting your time and I am sure a lot of other peoples; to some of
>>us,
>>RMHH is an outlet...the context in which my above statements were made.
>>They
>>were not made for some pathetic to seemingly quote out of context ad
>>infinitum.
>
> out of context how? this is a forum about hiphip music. on this forum
> you've said that you struggle to listen to it. then you turn around
> and beg again for more 'free' music instead of

what I say should really have nothing to do with you. so I post about a
personal struggle of mine and then you take it on as a mandate to decide
whether I should listen to rap?? why? It makes your life that more
exciting???

> a) going out and buying it
> b) checking any of the zillions of sites on the net that have free
> previews of said music
> c) actually learning WHERE and HOW to look for 'free' downloads of
> said music - I've lost count of the amount of times bozak (for one)
> has directed you towards MIRC and packetnews...

I do all of the above except part C and a lot more. But that was not the
point of my post.

> with (c) in mind I think there's only ONE person wasting people's time
> with 'pathetic' begging 'ad infinitum'...

what's your problem????

> and the other thing that probably has fallen from the sky and smacked
> you over the head yet is that at this time of the year new titles are
> rarely released... Jan and in Feb are slow periods not just in Hiphop
> but in all areas of the music industry (and it could be said many
> industries)... THAT'S not a new phenomenon...

I am well aware of that. But when has posting music on this forum solely
been about it being new.

>>Honestly, if your not being intellectually stimulated in the US...go home.
>
> even if I went back to Ireland I would have called you out from there
> for constantly expecting other people to do your dirty work for you...

dirty work?? please. If I was anywhere near not being self-sufficient, I'd
be sitting on my butt some where in Florida, like yourself, seamlessly
completely aimless.

you really need to get over this, sitting around and trying to take apart
that post of mine.

>>The last thing America needs is another cultural or financial leech.
>
> don't come to Rochester NY then....

...no, the difference is that I would be going there as a legal resident AND
further I am being recruited (not looking for some loop hole to get into the
country and stay).

If my personal struggles mean that much to you, I suggest you spend a little
bit more time in personal reflection cause your head ain't right. What you
definitely don't need to do, is give me advice on the issue or constantly
keep bringing it up.

Either that or go back home, like I said...the last thing America needs is

another cultural or financial leech.

.

- Kwaj

Cos360°

Jan 12, 2006, 3:54:25 PM1/12/06

"---Pete---" <raas...@bumbocleet.com> wrote in message

> Some things never change. Kwaj being a bitch, Alan telling them they're a
> bitch and bozak leading the reacharound crew...

...the appropriate phrase would be "mildly controversial' (ever so
occasionally).

- Kwaj

A to the L

Jan 12, 2006, 7:16:35 PM1/12/06
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:53:22 +1100, "Cos360°"
<kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:

>what I say should really have nothing to do with you. so I post about a
>personal struggle of mine and then you take it on as a mandate to decide
>whether I should listen to rap??

no, but if that's how you're reading it then you've once again
succeeded in seeing something in someone's post that isn't actually
there... congrats...

>> a) going out and buying it
>> b) checking any of the zillions of sites on the net that have free
>> previews of said music
>> c) actually learning WHERE and HOW to look for 'free' downloads of
>> said music - I've lost count of the amount of times bozak (for one)
>> has directed you towards MIRC and packetnews...
>
>I do all of the above except part C and a lot more. But that was not the
>point of my post.

"So...the world stopped producing music for the last month?? No one's

really posting YSI's of anything current anymore"

what was the point of that then?

>> with (c) in mind I think there's only ONE person wasting people's time
>> with 'pathetic' begging 'ad infinitum'...
>
>what's your problem????

I'm not the one with the problem... as each one of your responses to
anything I have posted in this thread have went off the deep end...
but I'll deal with that further down the thread...

>> and the other thing that probably has fallen from the sky and smacked
>> you over the head yet is that at this time of the year new titles are
>> rarely released... Jan and in Feb are slow periods not just in Hiphop
>> but in all areas of the music industry (and it could be said many
>> industries)... THAT'S not a new phenomenon...
>
>I am well aware of that. But when has posting music on this forum solely
>been about it being new.

it hasn't but that's what your initial post said... don't go confusing
yourself now...

>>>Honestly, if your not being intellectually stimulated in the US...go home.
>>
>> even if I went back to Ireland I would have called you out from there
>> for constantly expecting other people to do your dirty work for you...
>
>dirty work?? please. If I was anywhere near not being self-sufficient, I'd
>be sitting on my butt some where in Florida, like yourself, seamlessly
>completely aimless.

dirty work as in wanting everyone else to upload music for you... once
again you read what you want to read, and take a totally different
meaning from it to the one intended...

(sidenote: how you come to the conclusion that I'm somehow not
self-sufficient simply because I have free time to post on an internet
msg board is beyond me... maybe you'd care to explain your theory in
more detail?)

>you really need to get over this, sitting around and trying to take apart
>that post of mine.

it only takes about 30 secs - don't worry...

>>>The last thing America needs is another cultural or financial leech.
>>
>> don't come to Rochester NY then....
>
>...no, the difference is that I would be going there as a legal resident AND
>further I am being recruited (not looking for some loop hole to get into the
>country and stay).

and my loop hole is? please break down for me (and the group) exactly
what loophole you think I'm exploting...

>If my personal struggles mean that much to you, I suggest you spend a little
>bit more time in personal reflection cause your head ain't right. What you
>definitely don't need to do, is give me advice on the issue or constantly
>keep bringing it up.
>
>Either that or go back home, like I said...the last thing America needs is
>another cultural or financial leech.

My head is fine, and its you I think needs some advice (and maybe some
better researching skills.)

Y'see my friend... the terms of the visa that I came over here on
explicitly prevent me from doing any paid work before I have been
authorised permission from the government. Furthermore, in order to
qualify for this visa it must be proven that I have enough financial
standing to support me through this period where I can't work.
FURTHERMORE the visa explicitly prohibits me from claiming any kind of
welfare, or governmental support of any kind if I do happen to fall on
hard times.

Which I haven't...

Conclusion: I'm the furthest thing from a financial leech you're ever
likely to see, chuckles. And the fact that I busted my ass to make the
money that makes me ENTIRELY self-sufficient right now is a thing of
beauty.

The only leech round here is you... of the music variety.

Cos360°

Jan 12, 2006, 8:35:43 PM1/12/06
I figured most of your post would be the ramblings of a guy who's got
nothing better to do with his time (appears his, life)...so I'll cut to the
last paragraph. apologies if there
was anything in there which you figured was particularly pertinent.

> Conclusion: I'm the furthest thing from a financial leech you're ever
> likely to see, chuckles. And the fact that I busted my ass to make the
> money that makes me ENTIRELY self-sufficient right now is a thing of
> beauty.

don't justify yourself to me...I quite honestly don't care to know. if your
happy with your @, good.

> The only leech round here is you... of the music variety.

gotcha. whatever.

A to the L

Jan 12, 2006, 9:05:09 PM1/12/06
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:35:43 +1100, "Cos360°"
<kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:

>I figured most of your post would be the ramblings of a guy who's got
>nothing better to do with his time (appears his, life)...so I'll cut to the
>last paragraph. apologies if there
>was anything in there which you figured was particularly pertinent.

not really... you tossed out a load of shit which I've just explained
was complete bollocks... then you declined to expand on how you
reached your point of arguments below...

-how you come to the conclusion that I'm somehow not

self-sufficient simply because I have free time to post on an internet
msg board is beyond me...

-please break down for me (and the group) exactly

what loophole you think I'm exploting...

>> Conclusion: I'm the furthest thing from a financial leech you're ever
>> likely to see, chuckles. And the fact that I busted my ass to make the
>> money that makes me ENTIRELY self-sufficient right now is a thing of
>> beauty.
>>

>don't justify yourself to me...I quite honestly don't care to know. if your
>happy with your @, good.

I wasn't jusifying myself... I was simply responding to your claims
that I'm not self-sufficient, and that I'm a leech. That's how
arguments and discussions work... you give a point, I respond for or
against it and wait for you to address issues I raise...

Except you've failed to do so...

oh well...

>> The only leech round here is you... of the music variety.
>>

>gotcha. whatever.

meh

suntzu

Jan 12, 2006, 11:25:26 PM1/12/06

damn, man... it's not hard to find music online. i don't even use IRC,
and i can usually find what i'm looking for (soulseek, limewire, and
bittorrent are all easy and full of quality stuff). i'm not saying you
should limit your requests on here solely to what's really hard to find,
but i think people would be less reluctant to give you shit about
requests if it didn't seem like you were using rmhh as your sole source
of mp3s. maybe you're not, that's just kind of how it comes across to a
lot of people, it seems.

besides, i've seen people post plenty of requests, yours included, and
plenty of totally unrequested stuff. i think the last one i did was
that old 3-6 album around new year's (figuring that some people might be
interested considering the popularity of "stay fly" with everyone
everywhere). it's a great album (better than "most known unknown"), but
if you question the content of the hip-hop you listen to already, i'd
stay away (in that it's even more unappologetically nihilistic and
fucked up in general than even mobb deep, who i think you've mentioned
liking before).

also, it feels like it's been slow in here in general the last couple
weeks (i know i've been on more like every other day instead of every day).

with that kind of rhetoric, i'd suggest a redder state than NY.

good for him if he finds a "loophole"...

just out of curiosity, are you even american (i know you've mentioned
living in the US before)? i'm always a bit puzzled by americans who
think like that, let alone non-americans (if you aren't, in fact, american).

A to the L

Jan 12, 2006, 11:47:00 PM1/12/06

um...

I wish I had been able to find a loophole... unfortunately my wife and
I decided to do this shit the legal way and paid for it painfully with
almost a year apart and a shitload of paperwork and financial
struggles to get through...

but hey don't let some slander get in the way of a good insult eh?

and no matter what kind of bullshit kwaj has thrown out on this
thread, if he has been offered a job in the states, than I hope his
visa goes thru fine. I wouldn't wish the bullshit I've had to struggle
with on anyone.

suntzu

Jan 13, 2006, 12:21:11 AM1/13/06

hence the quoting of loophole... i never remembered you saying anything
that sounded shady as far as getting a visa or anything, that definitely
wasn't what i meant to imply.

> but hey don't let some slander get in the way of a good insult eh?

yeah, sort of, i was more interested in pointing out that kwaj's
statement would've been suspect regardless of the fact that you've been
totally legit about living in the US. now that you mention it, i do
remember all the shit you've posted about going through with
immigration... sorry if it seemed like i was trivializing that. it's
just that the mentality kwaj was putting across there (stereotypical
conservative american rhetoric about immigrants trying to find a way to
take advantage of america) tends to piss me off when it comes from
americans. so it's all the more bizarre coming from a non-american, and
i couldn't resist calling him out on that.

Jay Sidhu

Jan 13, 2006, 1:14:04 AM1/13/06
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:25:26 -0800, suntzu
<sun...@freeshell.notpartoftheaddress.org> wrote:

Yeah that's how it came across to me.

>besides, i've seen people post plenty of requests, yours included, and
>plenty of totally unrequested stuff. i think the last one i did was
>that old 3-6 album around new year's (figuring that some people might be
>interested considering the popularity of "stay fly" with everyone
>everywhere). it's a great album (better than "most known unknown"), but
>if you question the content of the hip-hop you listen to already, i'd
>stay away (in that it's even more unappologetically nihilistic and
>fucked up in general than even mobb deep, who i think you've mentioned
>liking before).
>
>also, it feels like it's been slow in here in general the last couple
>weeks (i know i've been on more like every other day instead of every day).

Peace!

Jay Sidhu

www.rmhh.com
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/jsidhu.htm
www.myspace.com/jaysidhu

Cos360°

Jan 13, 2006, 2:27:07 AM1/13/06

"suntzu" <sun...@freeshell.notpartoftheaddress.org> wrote in message

you've got it all wrong man. I've downloaded about 300 mp3's this week and
an additional 5 albums, only one of which I sourced from here. I was simply
stating that it seems as a forum, we weren't suggeting (suggesting as in the
sense of posting YSI's for others to listen too) much music this month. no
RMHH is not my sole source of music...I have probably post more YSI's in
here in the last two months than I have downloaded. My primary source is bit
torrent (piratebay.org, torrentspy.com, mininova.com or isohunt.com) or
Limewire.

but I see how my original post could be misinterpreted that way....

oh please.... What's rhetorical about it? The fact that it might sound
slightly republican??

why don't they just leave the us-mexico boarder open for a week or so and
see the economic impact on the country over the next decade. i

> good for him if he finds a "loophole"...

more power to anyone who finds a loophole. if it's legal (or semi-legal), go
for it

> just out of curiosity, are you even american (i know you've mentioned
> living in the US before)? i'm always a bit puzzled by americans who think
> like that, let alone non-americans (if you aren't, in fact, american).

yes, I am. but what's your point, your not entitiled to an opinion if you
don't have suffrage?

Cos360°

Jan 13, 2006, 2:33:41 AM1/13/06

> yeah, sort of, i was more interested in pointing out that kwaj's statement
> would've been suspect regardless of the fact that you've been totally
> legit about living in the US. now that you mention it, i do remember all
> the shit you've posted about going through with immigration... sorry if it
> seemed like i was trivializing that. it's just that the mentality kwaj
> was putting across there (stereotypical conservative american rhetoric
> about immigrants trying to find a way to take advantage of america) tends
> to piss me off when it comes from americans. so it's all the more bizarre
> coming from a non-american, and i couldn't resist calling him out on that.

there's nothing wrong with limitations on immigration provided they are
applied consistently. it's when you start closing the door or some migrants
based solely on their country of birth, that it starts to fit the bill of
conservative rhetoric.

>> and no matter what kind of bullshit kwaj has thrown out on this
>> thread, if he has been offered a job in the states, than I hope his
>> visa goes thru fine. I wouldn't wish the bullshit I've had to struggle
>> with on anyone.

I wasn't spitting anymore BS than yourself Alan; you seem to have got
offended that I took a swipe at O-dub and made a point of reminding me about
it for the next week. I responded accordingly....

suntzu

Jan 13, 2006, 9:36:19 PM1/13/06
Cos360° wrote:
>>>Either that or go back home, like I said...the last thing America needs
>>>is another cultural or financial leech.
>>> .
>>>
>>>- Kwaj
>>
>>with that kind of rhetoric, i'd suggest a redder state than NY.
>

> oh please.... What's rhetorical about it? The fact that it might sound
> slightly republican??

phrases like "go back home" and "cultural or financial leech" are
inherently rhetorical to some degree. they're meant to convey their
point in an especially strident way.

> why don't they just leave the us-mexico boarder open for a week or so and
> see the economic impact on the country over the next decade. i

i don't know, what would happen? do you mean open as in no immigration
control at all, or open as in significantly relaxing the restrictions on
immigration?

don't worry, they probably won't be competing with you for H1B visas and
taking your precious tech jobs (if they were, they'd already be in line
for an H1B).

the california economy would fucking collapse without immigration from
mexico, both legal and illegal. i'm not saying whether that's good or
bad. that's just the way it is.

>>good for him if he finds a "loophole"...
>>

> more power to anyone who finds a loophole. if it's legal (or semi-legal), go
> for it
>

>>just out of curiosity, are you even american (i know you've mentioned
>>living in the US before)? i'm always a bit puzzled by americans who think
>>like that, let alone non-americans (if you aren't, in fact, american).
>

> yes, I am. but what's your point, your not entitiled to an opinion if you
> don't have suffrage?

it's not that you're not entitled to an opinion if you don't have
suffrage, it's that the particular opion you're espousing usually comes
from people who are worried about the america deteriorating as soon as
we start relaxing immigration control. i find that the opinion is
usually rooted at least somewhat in self-interest, so it would've been a
bit puzzling to see someone with no self-interest in immigration
restriction espouse such an opinion.

suntzu

Jan 13, 2006, 10:03:11 PM1/13/06
Cos360° wrote:
>>yeah, sort of, i was more interested in pointing out that kwaj's statement
>>would've been suspect regardless of the fact that you've been totally
>>legit about living in the US. now that you mention it, i do remember all
>>the shit you've posted about going through with immigration... sorry if it
>>seemed like i was trivializing that. it's just that the mentality kwaj
>>was putting across there (stereotypical conservative american rhetoric
>>about immigrants trying to find a way to take advantage of america) tends
>>to piss me off when it comes from americans. so it's all the more bizarre
>>coming from a non-american, and i couldn't resist calling him out on that.
>

> there's nothing wrong with limitations on immigration provided they are
> applied consistently. it's when you start closing the door or some migrants
> based solely on their country of birth, that it starts to fit the bill of
> conservative rhetoric.

well, my problem with it is that america specifically was built by
illegal immigrants (slave-owning illegal immigrants, no less). so, as a
matter of principle, i have some real ethical problems with american
restricting immigration outside of doing things like keeping criminals
and terrorists out. as a country, we kind of owe it to the rest of the
world to allow as much freedom in emigration as possible.

it's kind of like inheriting a bunch of money from a rich parent and
then realizing that the parent's fortune was founded on mugging old
ladies. doesn't seem right to keep it all to yourself as if it was
legitimately yours.

and don't take this as anti-american or anything. this country's got
some great principles and all, it's just that it's not always so good
about actually living up to them.

i'll readily admit that my opinions on immigration are based more on
principle than studied pragmatics. most of my knowledge on immigration
and it's effects comes from just paying attention to current events, i
haven't done much study on it as an issue in its own right.

i will say that tightening immigration restrictions at this point would
only encourage people to circumvent them, from what i do know... so from
a pragmatic perspective i'd say that anything other than well thought
out relaxation of immigration laws would be the wrong move at this point.

>>>and no matter what kind of bullshit kwaj has thrown out on this
>>>thread, if he has been offered a job in the states, than I hope his
>>>visa goes thru fine. I wouldn't wish the bullshit I've had to struggle
>>>with on anyone.
>

> I wasn't spitting anymore BS than yourself Alan; you seem to have got
> offended that I took a swipe at O-dub and made a point of reminding me about
> it for the next week. I responded accordingly....

i don't think i did any reminding you about the o-dub thing. i think i
had one reply in that thread, and that ws the only mention i made of it.

i was just calling you out on your immigration comments because i think
tightening immigration laws is misguided on a couple of different levels.

in the process, apparently, i implied that attl was actually using some
sort of loophole, which wasn't what i was going for... i do remember a
number of posts from earlier last year where he was complaining about
the immigration process, and he seemed totally on the up and up about
it. i was just saying that it wouldn't have made any difference to me
even if he wasn't. anyway, your whole "cultural leech" line was totally
fucking absurd. you made this ridiculous assumption that seemed to go
something like:
1) he's calling me out again on a questionable statement i made about
"objectionable content" in rap, therefore he must have a whole lot of
time on his hands
2) he has a whole lot of time on his hands, therefore he must be a
welfare case, and he's not even a US citizen
3) this all implies that he's a cultural and financial leech on the country

which, to me, is not the soundest logic in the world. and then after he
explains himself, you just snip the explanation and say it would've been
some bullshit anyway... really mature.

besides, you work in technology, right? of all the fields to be in,
that one should show you that being financially self-sufficient and
having a whole lot of time to spend online aren't mutually exclusive.

the reason that so many people on here (me included) think that it's
absurd for you to worry so much about the cursing and whatnot in rap is
that we've been arguing for years and years with parents, teachers,
older coworkers, and any other random people who bring up rap music that
putting "fuck" in a verse (or putting it in a number of times), doesn't
make a piece of art or entertainment any less valid. your internal
conflict strikes me as being pretty close to saying "well, i don't know
if i should really like rap, because i don't know that sampling is an
artistically legitimate approach to music." it's just another tool to
be used in creating art. sampling can be lazy, cursing can be lazy, but
so can playing guitar and refraining from cursing. a lot of rap fans get
defensive about sampling and cursing because they're the first things
that get jumped on by every "rap isn't music" jackass that's out there.

if you honestly believe that cursing or violent imagery inherently
degrade the quality of a piece of art or entertainment, maybe you should
do some serious thinking about just what it is that you're looking for
in your art and entertainment.

A to the L

Jan 14, 2006, 10:13:49 AM1/14/06
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:03:11 -0800, suntzu
<sun...@freeshell.notpartoftheaddress.org> wrote:

>> I wasn't spitting anymore BS than yourself Alan; you seem to have got
>> offended that I took a swipe at O-dub and made a point of reminding me about
>> it for the next week. I responded accordingly....
>
>i don't think i did any reminding you about the o-dub thing. i think i
>had one reply in that thread, and that ws the only mention i made of it.

no suntzu, that was directed at me... hence him calling me but name...
apparently he thinks that everyone else finding nothing wrong with
O-Dub's Amazon review, and him getting his panties in a bunch is
worthy of more discussion... it isn't... I could really give a shit
either way about O-Dub and this wasn't the reason I said what I
said...

>i was just calling you out on your immigration comments because i think
>tightening immigration laws is misguided on a couple of different levels.
>
>in the process, apparently, i implied that attl was actually using some
>sort of loophole,

no you didn't... kwaj brought up the loophole, and my replies on that
were directed at him... and as you've noted, he has since failed to
respond to...

anyway...

>the reason that so many people on here (me included) think that it's
>absurd for you to worry so much about the cursing and whatnot in rap is
>that we've been arguing for years and years with parents, teachers,
>older coworkers, and any other random people who bring up rap music that
>putting "fuck" in a verse (or putting it in a number of times), doesn't
>make a piece of art or entertainment any less valid. your internal
>conflict strikes me as being pretty close to saying "well, i don't know
>if i should really like rap, because i don't know that sampling is an
>artistically legitimate approach to music." it's just another tool to
>be used in creating art. sampling can be lazy, cursing can be lazy, but
>so can playing guitar and refraining from cursing. a lot of rap fans get
>defensive about sampling and cursing because they're the first things
>that get jumped on by every "rap isn't music" jackass that's out there.
>
>if you honestly believe that cursing or violent imagery inherently
>degrade the quality of a piece of art or entertainment, maybe you should
>do some serious thinking about just what it is that you're looking for
>in your art and entertainment.

just about sums it up more eloqently that I put it...

suntzu

Jan 14, 2006, 2:39:42 PM1/14/06
A to the L wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:03:11 -0800, suntzu
> <sun...@freeshell.notpartoftheaddress.org> wrote:
>

>>>I wasn't spitting anymore BS than yourself Alan; you seem to have got
>>>offended that I took a swipe at O-dub and made a point of reminding me about
>>>it for the next week. I responded accordingly....
>>
>>i don't think i did any reminding you about the o-dub thing. i think i
>>had one reply in that thread, and that ws the only mention i made of it.
>

> no suntzu, that was directed at me... hence him calling me but name...
> apparently he thinks that everyone else finding nothing wrong with
> O-Dub's Amazon review, and him getting his panties in a bunch is
> worthy of more discussion... it isn't... I could really give a shit
> either way about O-Dub and this wasn't the reason I said what I
> said...

oh, yeah, i guess i'd just figured he meant "yourself or" since he was
replying to my post and frequently drops words/makes typos.

Cos360°

Jan 14, 2006, 5:58:32 PM1/14/06

>>>with that kind of rhetoric, i'd suggest a redder state than NY.
>>

>> oh please.... What's rhetorical about it? The fact that it might sound
>> slightly republican??
>
> phrases like "go back home" and "cultural or financial leech" are
> inherently rhetorical to some degree. they're meant to convey their point
> in an especially strident way.

there is nothing rhetorical about it, if it has merits. I clearly explained
the conditions of my statements.

and even without merits...it would onl be as rhetorical as implying the US
should ease its immigration restctions. the difference is though, your
statement is completely impractical and without merits.

>> why don't they just leave the us-mexico boarder open for a week or so and
>> see the economic impact on the country over the next decade. i
>
> i don't know, what would happen? do you mean open as in no immigration
> control at all, or open as in significantly relaxing the restrictions on
> immigration?

what do you mean? you seem to harp on about relaxing immigration
restrictions into the country. I simply posed a scenario with the most
relaxed restrctions...on only one of your boarders.

well...your stating the US should let more migrants into the country. the
easiest way to do that would be not too police the borders. bingo. there'd
be a 5% jump in population in 7 days and conversely the economy would slow
for the next 50 years.

> don't worry, they probably won't be competing with you for H1B visas and
> taking your precious tech jobs (if they were, they'd already be in line
> for an H1B).

I've got no problem with migrants coming into any country...provided they
have something to offer, other than a willingness to work for lower than
market rates (i.e. underqualified, undereducated or purely attracted to
cultural or finanicial benefits of a country).

> the california economy would fucking collapse without immigration from
> mexico, both legal and illegal. i'm not saying whether that's good or
> bad. that's just the way it is.

...and it would collapse if immigration was any less lenient as well.
there's already a couple of hundred thousand illegal mexicans in the state
and this is despite efforts to limit immigration.

>>>good for him if he finds a "loophole"...
>>>

>> more power to anyone who finds a loophole. if it's legal (or semi-legal),
>> go for it
>>

>>>just out of curiosity, are you even american (i know you've mentioned
>>>living in the US before)? i'm always a bit puzzled by americans who
>>>think like that, let alone non-americans (if you aren't, in fact,
>>>american).
>>

>> yes, I am. but what's your point, your not entitiled to an opinion if you
>> don't have suffrage?
>
> it's not that you're not entitled to an opinion if you don't have
> suffrage, it's that the particular opion you're espousing usually comes
> from people who are worried about the america deteriorating as soon as we
> start relaxing immigration control. i find that the opinion is usually
> rooted at least somewhat in self-interest, so it would've been a bit
> puzzling to see someone with no self-interest in immigration restriction
> espouse such an opinion.

it really wouldn't matter if I had immigration restrictions or not...the
need to limit immigration is quite often logical if you think about it long
enough. my opinions were purely based on the facts...and should have been
judged on that. not on if I had a vested interest in the effects of US
immigration.

Cos360°

Jan 14, 2006, 6:05:37 PM1/14/06

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:03:11 -0800, suntzu
> <sun...@freeshell.notpartoftheaddress.org> wrote:
>

>>> I wasn't spitting anymore BS than yourself Alan; you seem to have got
>>> offended that I took a swipe at O-dub and made a point of reminding me
>>> about
>>> it for the next week. I responded accordingly....
>>
>>i don't think i did any reminding you about the o-dub thing. i think i
>>had one reply in that thread, and that ws the only mention i made of it.
>
> no suntzu, that was directed at me... hence him calling me but name...
> apparently he thinks that everyone else finding nothing wrong with
> O-Dub's Amazon review, and him getting his panties in a bunch is
> worthy of more discussion... it isn't... I could really give a shit
> either way about O-Dub and this wasn't the reason I said what I
> said...

who's everyone else?? besides - if you don't like my opinions ignore them.
bringing it up continously for a week in other threads is childish and
implies your either really really bored, really really feel you need to
defend Oliver or just plainly stupid...more than likely a combination of all
three.

>>i was just calling you out on your immigration comments because i think
>>tightening immigration laws is misguided on a couple of different levels.
>>
>>in the process, apparently, i implied that attl was actually using some
>>sort of loophole,
>
> no you didn't... kwaj brought up the loophole, and my replies on that
> were directed at him... and as you've noted, he has since failed to
> respond to...
>
> anyway...

nothing to respond to...you go on about trying to get into the US for a good
couple of years...your there now. what's there to respond to.

sounds to me that a loophole was found or processes hastened to enable a
semi-legitimate stay

and yes it's MY opinion.

>>the reason that so many people on here (me included) think that it's
>>absurd for you to worry so much about the cursing and whatnot in rap is
>>that we've been arguing for years and years with parents, teachers,
>>older coworkers, and any other random people who bring up rap music that
>>putting "fuck" in a verse (or putting it in a number of times), doesn't
>>make a piece of art or entertainment any less valid. your internal
>>conflict strikes me as being pretty close to saying "well, i don't know
>>if i should really like rap, because i don't know that sampling is an
>>artistically legitimate approach to music." it's just another tool to
>>be used in creating art. sampling can be lazy, cursing can be lazy, but
>>so can playing guitar and refraining from cursing. a lot of rap fans get
>>defensive about sampling and cursing because they're the first things
>>that get jumped on by every "rap isn't music" jackass that's out there.
>>
>>if you honestly believe that cursing or violent imagery inherently
>>degrade the quality of a piece of art or entertainment, maybe you should
>>do some serious thinking about just what it is that you're looking for
>>in your art and entertainment.
>
> just about sums it up more eloqently that I put it...

no...it just goes to prove that you took a comment I made at the end of a
long post...and decide to focus in on it for some inexplicable reason.

I never told anyone to stop listening to rap, nor did I ever say I stopped
listening to rap. the fact that you seem to have made those conclusions or
simply thought my even personally deliberating, is completely ridiculous

A to the L

Jan 14, 2006, 6:10:25 PM1/14/06
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:58:32 +1100, "Cos360°"
<kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:

>"suntzu" <sun...@freeshell.notpartoftheaddress.org> wrote in message

>>> oh please.... What's rhetorical about it? The fact that it might sound
>>> slightly republican??
>>
>> phrases like "go back home" and "cultural or financial leech" are
>> inherently rhetorical to some degree. they're meant to convey their point
>> in an especially strident way.
>
>there is nothing rhetorical about it, if it has merits. I clearly explained
>the conditions of my statements.

um... you you didn't...

and since I clearly explained to YOU, why your statements were wrong
you've not bothered to respond...

I still await your explanation of the loophole I'm exploiting too...

buggzy650

Jan 14, 2006, 6:15:14 PM1/14/06
>>I still await your explanation of the loophole I'm exploiting too... <<

The guy didn't even read that post, remember? He admittedly skipped to
the bottom. Put his 2 cents in and then shut it down.

Buggzy

Cos360°

Jan 14, 2006, 6:15:18 PM1/14/06
> i will say that tightening immigration restrictions at this point would
> only encourage people to circumvent them, from what i do know... so from a
> pragmatic perspective i'd say that anything other than well thought out
> relaxation of immigration laws would be the wrong move at this point.

US immigration restrictions are probably just right. if the country (read,
industry or academia) needs you...you'll get in without a sweat. if they
don't...you'll probably need to con your way in to stay permanently.

people already to circumvent the restrictions. entering the country and not
leaving when visas run out. sham marriages (ever noticed how many divorce
offices there are in inner-city Brooklyn?? arguably the highest per sp mile
anywhere in the world)

>> I wasn't spitting anymore BS than yourself Alan; you seem to have got
>> offended that I took a swipe at O-dub and made a point of reminding me
>> about it for the next week. I responded accordingly....
>
> i don't think i did any reminding you about the o-dub thing. i think i
> had one reply in that thread, and that ws the only mention i made of it.

wasn't talking about you

> i was just calling you out on your immigration comments because i think
> tightening immigration laws is misguided on a couple of different levels.

that's fair...glad to read it, even if they are fair from practical.

> in the process, apparently, i implied that attl was actually using some

> sort of loophole, which wasn't what i was going for... i do remember a
> number of posts from earlier last year where he was complaining about the
> immigration process,

exactly

>and he seemed totally on the up and up about it. i was just saying that it
>wouldn't have made any difference to me even if he wasn't. anyway, your
>whole "cultural leech" line was totally fucking absurd. you made this
>ridiculous assumption that seemed to go something like:

why??

> 1) he's calling me out again on a questionable statement i made about
> "objectionable content" in rap, therefore he must have a whole lot of time
> on his hands

he wasn't calling me out, mainly because i didn't make that statement. I
simply said
that I have PERSONAL turmoil over it. the emphasise here is personal. I
didn't make a statement about rap. Alan just felt like he would emphasise it
for
some reason...and again emphasise it in a couple of later threads I made,
even when it had
nothing to do with my previous comment on my issues with rap

> 2) he has a whole lot of time on his hands, therefore he must be a welfare
> case, and he's not even a US citizen

I never said that or implied that. I said that if he was so bored that he
was going to take up side comments of others and randomly refer to them for
a couple of days when that person made a post, he was probably bored...in
which case he needed to find
something to do in the US or go back to shamrock land. I still stand by
that, and nothing he has posted since has disproved it to me, anyway.

> 3) this all implies that he's a cultural and financial leech on the
> country

> seems perfectly logical to me.

seems perfectly logical to me. but hey who really cares??

> which, to me, is not the soundest logic in the world. and then after he
> explains himself, you just snip the explanation and say it would've been
> some bullshit anyway... really mature.
>
> besides, you work in technology, right? of all the fields to be in, that
> one should show you that being financially self-sufficient and having a
> whole lot of time to spend online aren't mutually exclusive.

no, I don't really work in technology, if you must ask. have interviewed for
technology jobs but have probably used my legal background more in the last
year than the tech.

regardless though, being online and having enough time to post garbage ad
nausea still remain mutually exclusive, IMHO

> the reason that so many people on here (me included) think that it's
> absurd for you to worry so much about the cursing and whatnot in rap is

what darn difference does it make to you what I worry about in rap.
honestly, who cares what I think about rap. I still listen to it, my
comments about cursing in rap were not even the gist of that post (if you
had cared to read it...without blindly following Alan's lead).
It was a side comment made at the end of a long thread. so what's your
point?? If I
have issues with it personally and deal with it, this should by no means
affect you.

> that we've been arguing for years and years with parents, teachers, older
> coworkers, and any other random people who bring up rap music that putting
> "fuck" in a verse (or putting it in a number of times), doesn't make a
> piece of art or entertainment any less valid. your internal conflict
> strikes me as being pretty close to saying "well, i don't know if i should
> really like rap, because i don't know that sampling is an artistically
> legitimate approach to music." it's just another tool to be used in
> creating art. sampling can be lazy, cursing can be lazy, but so can
> playing guitar and refraining from cursing. a lot of rap fans get
> defensive about sampling and cursing because they're the first things that
> get jumped on by every "rap isn't music" jackass that's out there.
>
> if you honestly believe that cursing or violent imagery inherently degrade
> the quality of a piece of art or entertainment, maybe you should do some
> serious thinking about just what it is that you're looking for in your art
> and entertainment.

honestly mate, my personal deliberations on the rap industry are my personal
deliberations. what's your point???

A to the L

Jan 14, 2006, 6:39:09 PM1/14/06
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:05:37 +1100, "Cos360°"
<kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:

>> anyway...
>>
>nothing to respond to...you go on about trying to get into the US for a good
>couple of years...your there now. what's there to respond to.
>
>sounds to me that a loophole was found or processes hastened to enable a
>semi-legitimate stay

Why don't you just spell out what kind of loophole you're talking
about? Don't have the balls?

>> just about sums it up more eloqently that I put it...
>
>no...it just goes to prove that you took a comment I made at the end of a
>long post...and decide to focus in on it for some inexplicable reason.

because it was an absolutely wild thing to say based on the fact that
you've been a member of this NG alone for donkey's years, obviously
enjoy the music, and have a lot of input into discussion of it
(postinh here and on the blog etc)... yet you struggle every 6 months
or deciding whether to continue to listen to rap music based ENTIRELY
on the bad language in it...

I could understand if it was a "its not how it used to sound", or "I
prefer reggae now" type of argument... but to simply cite bad language
when Hiphop has been rife with it since 1988 is strange...

>I never told anyone to stop listening to rap, nor did I ever say I stopped
>listening to rap.

nobody said you did...

>the fact that you seem to have made those conclusions or
>simply thought my even personally deliberating, is completely ridiculous

I never once said that...

A to the L

Jan 14, 2006, 6:53:41 PM1/14/06
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:15:18 +1100, "Cos360°"
<kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:

>> i will say that tightening immigration restrictions at this point would
>> only encourage people to circumvent them, from what i do know... so from a
>> pragmatic perspective i'd say that anything other than well thought out
>> relaxation of immigration laws would be the wrong move at this point.
>>

>US immigration restrictions are probably just right. if the country (read,
>industry or academia) needs you...you'll get in without a sweat. if they
>don't...you'll probably need to con your way in to stay permanently.

Complete bullshit. The amount of hoops that USCIS makes even industry
and academia people jump through is obscene - in a way its
understandable post 911, but its also incredibly counter-productive.
The USCIS is not answerable to anyone..

>people already to circumvent the restrictions. entering the country and not
>leaving when visas run out. sham marriages (ever noticed how many divorce
>offices there are in inner-city Brooklyn?? arguably the highest per sp mile
>anywhere in the world)

and all this makes it harder for people who try to do this LEGALLY to
get in...

>>> I wasn't spitting anymore BS than yourself Alan; you seem to have got
>>> offended that I took a swipe at O-dub and made a point of reminding me
>>> about it for the next week. I responded accordingly....
>>
>> i don't think i did any reminding you about the o-dub thing. i think i
>> had one reply in that thread, and that ws the only mention i made of it.
>
>wasn't talking about you
>
>> i was just calling you out on your immigration comments because i think
>> tightening immigration laws is misguided on a couple of different levels.
>>

>that's fair...glad to read it, even if they are fair from practical.
>
>> in the process, apparently, i implied that attl was actually using some
>> sort of loophole, which wasn't what i was going for... i do remember a
>> number of posts from earlier last year where he was complaining about the
>> immigration process,
>
>exactly

and from this you deduce that I found a loophole or 'conned my way
in'? surely with your legal training you should know not to make
assumptions?

>>and he seemed totally on the up and up about it. i was just saying that it
>>wouldn't have made any difference to me even if he wasn't. anyway, your
>>whole "cultural leech" line was totally fucking absurd. you made this
>>ridiculous assumption that seemed to go something like:
>
>why??

well why not? you still haven't explained why I'm a cultural leech?

>> 2) he has a whole lot of time on his hands, therefore he must be a welfare
>> case, and he's not even a US citizen
>
>I never said that or implied that. I said that if he was so bored that he
>was going to take up side comments of others and randomly refer to them for
>a couple of days when that person made a post, he was probably bored...

no I'm simply posting on a msg board... must try harder, kwaj...

>...in
>which case he needed to find
>something to do in the US or go back to shamrock land. I still stand by
>that, and nothing he has posted since has disproved it to me, anyway.

do you're now monitoring how much time I spend on the internet?
dope...

>> 3) this all implies that he's a cultural and financial leech on the
>> country
>> seems perfectly logical to me.
>
>seems perfectly logical to me. but hey who really cares??

for the nth time... please break down this logic for me...

explain where the financial leeching comes in... never mind the
cultural leeching...

come on... here's your chance...

especially after you just said this...

>>Suntzu: therefore he must be a welfare

>> case, and he's not even a US citizen
>

>>Kwaj: I never said that or implied that

in point 2...

so please kwaj, just once... explain to me where the financial
leeching is going on...

>what darn difference does it make to you what I worry about in rap.
>honestly, who cares what I think about rap. I still listen to it, my
>comments about cursing in rap were not even the gist of that post

so if I made a post saying how great Heavy D is an emcee, and then say
at the end that I really hate Public Enemy and they've never made a
good record ever, then everyone should ignore the PE comment because
it came out of the blue in a post about Heavy D?

if you don't want me or anyone else to comment on your struggles
listening to rap then DON'T POST ABOUT IT...

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 14, 2006, 7:41:12 PM1/14/06
Cos360° wrote:

>> don't worry, they probably won't be competing with you for H1B visas
>> and taking your precious tech jobs (if they were, they'd already be
>> in line for an H1B).
>
> I've got no problem with migrants coming into any country...provided
> they have something to offer, other than a willingness to work for
> lower than market rates (i.e. underqualified, undereducated or purely
> attracted to cultural or finanicial benefits of a country).

So as long as immigrants offer something that is more expensive than the
current labour force you're fully in favour of it?

A big FFS...

>> the california economy would fucking collapse without immigration
>> from mexico, both legal and illegal. i'm not saying whether that's
>> good or bad. that's just the way it is.
>
> ...and it would collapse if immigration was any less lenient as well.
> there's already a couple of hundred thousand illegal mexicans in the
> state and this is despite efforts to limit immigration.

isn't that basically what he said?

>>> more power to anyone who finds a loophole. if it's legal (or
>>> semi-legal), go for it

>>> yes, I am. but what's your point, your not entitiled to an opinion
>>> if you don't have suffrage?
>>
>> it's not that you're not entitled to an opinion if you don't have
>> suffrage, it's that the particular opion you're espousing usually
>> comes from people who are worried about the america deteriorating as
>> soon as we start relaxing immigration control. i find that the
>> opinion is usually rooted at least somewhat in self-interest, so it
>> would've been a bit puzzling to see someone with no self-interest in
>> immigration restriction espouse such an opinion.
>
> it really wouldn't matter if I had immigration restrictions or
> not...the need to limit immigration is quite often logical if you
> think about it long enough. my opinions were purely based on the
> facts...and should have been judged on that. not on if I had a vested
> interest in the effects of US immigration.

I've thought long and hard about this false sense of ownership that is the
essence of immigration 'problems' and I see no need for restricting one
person from going wherever they want despite where they happend to be
born... So please explain to me how it benefits people to have these
restrictions placed upon them.
--
Wasteland Drifter
'Posterboy for terror with a Supersoaker'

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 14, 2006, 7:51:25 PM1/14/06
A to the L wrote:

As usual you hit the nail on the head... If only United could have done
similar in the derby!

(Please forget whatever I said previously about the Kopshites winning
anything... They are doing my fucking head in this year, they are more
arrogant than ever... I shall go on record as saying I hope Man Utd finish
2nd this year, fuck it, I hope you win the league... Anything to shut those
fuckwits up!)

A to the L

Jan 14, 2006, 8:17:51 PM1/14/06

its not gonna happen... united are in terminal decline and will be
while fergie is still in charge... he and the glazers are only aiming
as high as 4th as CL qualification as their main aim (to pay the
bills)...

anything else is a bonus...

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 14, 2006, 8:29:56 PM1/14/06

I can see why you're saying that but just out of interest who would you want
there instead of him?

The Glazer's are bad and I don't exactly understand their logic because
United aren't going to make anything for them without winning something.

Fergie has a good record, the youngsters coming through at the moment aren't
to the standard of the previous lot BUT I'd still have faith in Fergie if I
were a fan.

I still have faith in Moyes though so that probably says more about me than
it does any manager of a football club...

nesta

Jan 14, 2006, 9:38:55 PM1/14/06

Cos360° wrote:

> simply said
> that I have PERSONAL turmoil over it. the emphasise here is personal.
>
> it had
> nothing to do with my previous comment on my issues with rap
>
> my personal deliberations on the rap industry are my personal
> deliberations.

if it's so fuckin personal, don't post about it. anything you write
here is eligible for discussion. (even though none of it is worth it.)

A to the L

Jan 14, 2006, 11:37:23 PM1/14/06

he's lost ability to motivate the dressing room... he has no idea what
his best team is, or what formation they should play... he is too
stubborn in refusing to change tactics or players based on what
happens during a game until its too late...

he's greedy... he's money-motivated... he's lost his principles... and
his mind... he completely contradicts himself in interviews and
carries on petty feuds that don't benefit the team...

he has a decent number of youngsters, but refuses to play them, and
has farmed the a number of the best of them out of loan or transferred
them permanently...

he hasn't upgraded one of the worst midfields in the premiership, and
it seems doesn't see any need to do so, preferring instead to play a
forward in midfield...

if it was any other manager they would have got the boot a long time
ago...

united have been on a slow downward spiral since 2001 and the lack of
any REAL money from now on to strengthen the team will only hasten
that decline...

Wasteland Drifter

Jan 15, 2006, 7:08:30 AM1/15/06
A to the L wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 01:29:56 -0000, "Wasteland Drifter"
> <wastelan...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Fergie has a good record, the youngsters coming through at the
>> moment aren't to the standard of the previous lot BUT I'd still have
>> faith in Fergie if I were a fan.
>
> he's lost ability to motivate the dressing room... he has no idea what
> his best team is, or what formation they should play... he is too
> stubborn in refusing to change tactics or players based on what
> happens during a game until its too late...
>
> he's greedy... he's money-motivated... he's lost his principles... and
> his mind... he completely contradicts himself in interviews and
> carries on petty feuds that don't benefit the team...
>
> he has a decent number of youngsters, but refuses to play them, and
> has farmed the a number of the best of them out of loan or transferred
> them permanently...
>
> he hasn't upgraded one of the worst midfields in the premiership, and
> it seems doesn't see any need to do so, preferring instead to play a
> forward in midfield...
>
> if it was any other manager they would have got the boot a long time
> ago...
>
> united have been on a slow downward spiral since 2001 and the lack of
> any REAL money from now on to strengthen the team will only hasten
> that decline...

Most of the above applies to Moyes as well, except the money and also when
people started criticising him not changing tactics he decided that one
subsitution would affect at least 5 players on the pitch, all of them having
to switch position, many playing out of the best position and not really
knowing what they're doing after the subsitution (leading to a few 4-0
drubbings.)

A lot of what you said is right although I think 'one of the worst midfields
in the premiership' is a little extreme, and the younger players just aren't
as good as the Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Nevilles... At least they don't seem
to be so far anyway.

It's definitely a 'transition' period for the club but I'm not sure a new
manager would be able to do much more to stop the decline.

Although, 2nd in the Premiership behind a club that can outspend anyone is
the sort of decline I'd love to be happening at Goodison Park ;-)

Sumran

Jan 15, 2006, 4:11:55 PM1/15/06
A to the L wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:15:18 +1100, "Cos360°"
> <kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>

>>>i will say that tightening immigration restrictions at this point would
>>>only encourage people to circumvent them, from what i do know... so from a
>>>pragmatic perspective i'd say that anything other than well thought out
>>>relaxation of immigration laws would be the wrong move at this point.
>>>

>>US immigration restrictions are probably just right. if the country (read,
>>industry or academia) needs you...you'll get in without a sweat. if they
>>don't...you'll probably need to con your way in to stay permanently.
>

> Complete bullshit. The amount of hoops that USCIS makes even industry
> and academia people jump through is obscene - in a way its
> understandable post 911, but its also incredibly counter-productive.
> The USCIS is not answerable to anyone..

Sorry but Ihave to agree with this right here. Two of my cousins are
Doctors who had a nightmare trying to get into the US. They both are
qualified to work anywhere in the world in medicine but the US made them
jump through hoops and pay through the nose for the pleasure.

--

http://peaceandpaper.blogspot.com/

http://www.livejournal.com/users/propaganda_life/

A to the L

Jan 16, 2006, 10:18:53 PM1/16/06
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:53:41 -0500, A to the L <ato...@gmail.comODE>
wrote:

>>>and he seemed totally on the up and up about it. i was just saying that it
>>>wouldn't have made any difference to me even if he wasn't. anyway, your
>>>whole "cultural leech" line was totally fucking absurd. you made this
>>>ridiculous assumption that seemed to go something like:
>>
>>why??
>
>well why not? you still haven't explained why I'm a cultural leech?

still waiting...

>>> 3) this all implies that he's a cultural and financial leech on the
>>> country
>>> seems perfectly logical to me.
>>
>>seems perfectly logical to me. but hey who really cares??
>
>for the nth time... please break down this logic for me...
>
>explain where the financial leeching comes in... never mind the
>cultural leeching...
>
>come on... here's your chance...
>
>especially after you just said this...
>
>>>Suntzu: therefore he must be a welfare
>>> case, and he's not even a US citizen
>>
>>>Kwaj: I never said that or implied that
>
>in point 2...
>
>so please kwaj, just once... explain to me where the financial
>leeching is going on...

still waiting...

A to the L

Jan 16, 2006, 10:19:00 PM1/16/06
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:39:09 -0500, A to the L <ato...@gmail.comODE>
wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:05:37 +1100, "Cos360°"
><kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>

>>> anyway...
>>>
>>nothing to respond to...you go on about trying to get into the US for a good
>>couple of years...your there now. what's there to respond to.
>>
>>sounds to me that a loophole was found or processes hastened to enable a
>>semi-legitimate stay
>
>Why don't you just spell out what kind of loophole you're talking
>about? Don't have the balls?

still waiting...

JKS

Jan 17, 2006, 12:29:45 PM1/17/06

Sumran wrote:

I'm now convinced that the (UK) immigration process is just one big con
for your money. £135 for permission to get married, £500 for the
spouse visa that will ensue and £500 for the Indefinite Leave to
Remain 2 years after that, plus the escalating costs of applying for
citizenship and then obtaining a passport (which will probably be an
extortionately priced ID card when 2009 comes around).

A to the L

Jan 17, 2006, 1:29:01 PM1/17/06

speaking of which... I need you to hit me on the email about the
above... atothelATgmailDOTcom

A to the L

Jan 20, 2006, 9:44:12 AM1/20/06
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:10:25 -0500, A to the L <ato...@gmail.comODE>
wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:58:32 +1100, "Cos360°"
><kw...@nospam.iinet.nospam.net.au> wrote:
>

>>"suntzu" <sun...@freeshell.notpartoftheaddress.org> wrote in message

>>> phrases like "go back home" and "cultural or financial leech" are
>>> inherently rhetorical to some degree. they're meant to convey their point
>>> in an especially strident way.
>>
>>there is nothing rhetorical about it, if it has merits. I clearly explained
>>the conditions of my statements.
>
>um... you you didn't...
>
>and since I clearly explained to YOU, why your statements were wrong
>you've not bothered to respond...
>
>I still await your explanation of the loophole I'm exploiting too...

still waiting...

I guess you're enjoying getting clowned in the China/Japan thread a
little more...

Sumran

Jan 20, 2006, 2:40:36 PM1/20/06

Yeah got to love it. Vote BNP and abolish it all ;-)

JKS

Jan 20, 2006, 2:44:19 PM1/20/06

Sumran wrote:

> Yeah got to love it. Vote BNP and abolish it all ;-)

Well, that's you on the next plane to Islamabad, then. My man is
superior to you, you see, 'cuz he's white. A requisite of joining the
BNP is that you are of "good European stock". So a little cover-up of
the Arabic accent and hey presto ;)

Sumran

Jan 20, 2006, 4:09:58 PM1/20/06
JKS wrote:
> Sumran wrote:
>

>>Yeah got to love it. Vote BNP and abolish it all ;-)
>

> Well, that's you on the next plane to Islamabad, then.

Lahore actually, look at you inserting a Pakistani city in the sentance
to look intellectual ;-)

My man is
> superior to you, you see, 'cuz he's white. A requisite of joining the
> BNP is that you are of "good European stock". So a little cover-up of
> the Arabic accent and hey presto ;)

Lol! Good point, ah well least I get a free holiday, I could do with one :P

Maxamill

Jan 21, 2006, 9:21:13 PM1/21/06

Maxamill

Jan 21, 2006, 9:21:18 PM1/21/06