Hamburg intro

Bob Meyer

Aug 16, 2002, 8:08:45 AM8/16/02
Here is the inro of Dylan last night. Dylan was spoofing the article in
the Buffalo news the day before.

"...Good evening ladies and gentlemen please welcome The poet laureate
of rock 'n' roll. The voice of the promise of the '60s counterculture.
The guy who forced folk into bed with rock, who donned makeup in the
'70s and disappeared into a haze of substance abuse, who emerged to
"find Jesus," who was written off as a has-been by the end of the '80s,
and who suddenly shifted gears and released some of the strongest music
of his career beginning in the late '90s. Columbia recording artist Bob
Dylan.."

--
Bob Meyer
bobm...@mac.com

Don't Tread On Me

Aug 16, 2002, 9:43:35 AM8/16/02
That's classic.

--
laissez-faire, laissez-passer, le monde va de lui-même

J.Crow Co.

Aug 16, 2002, 10:33:53 AM8/16/02
He seems to get a kick out of the "voice of a generation" label. In the
Rome Interview he made this riotously
sarcastic yet friendly kind of reference to it when speaking with the
reporters. Don't forget this guy walked around Don't Look Back with a big
lightbulb.
Jeff

Bob Meyer wrote:

--
J.Crow Company
PO Box 172

don freeman

Aug 16, 2002, 11:22:12 AM8/16/02
> donned makeup in the '70s and disappeared into a haze of substance
> abuse,

A haze of substance abuse in the '70s?

What was he ingesting in the '60s, health food?

Aug 16, 2002, 4:30:42 PM8/16/02
Bob,
could you elaborate on this? what do you mean "spoofing the article" ...
what did article say? I like the "poet laureate of rock n roll" part.

also .. gotta love Freeman's remark about the 60s and health food. I had
the same reaction.

p.s. great review!

Ricky Cobb

Aug 16, 2002, 5:27:05 PM8/16/02
d wrote:

> Bob,
> could you elaborate on this? what do you mean "spoofing the article" ...
> what did article say? I like the "poet laureate of rock n roll" part.

Take off the "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, please welcome ..." and "...
Columbia recording artist Bob Dylan" and you have an actual paragraph from
the article.

Ricky Cobb

"What looks large from a distance, close up ain't never that big." --
Bob Dylan

Stu Levitan

Aug 16, 2002, 12:25:41 AM8/16/02
Are you serious? He really said this?
Oh, I HAVE to hear this!

"Bob Meyer" <dyl...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

Mark Atkins

Aug 17, 2002, 3:15:41 AM8/17/02
In Toronto last night it was a similar intro with mention of his
health trouble in 1997. Before TOOM.

Mretramp2

Aug 17, 2002, 8:42:27 AM8/17/02
Mark Atkins reported:

>In Toronto last night it was a similar intro with mention of his
>health trouble in 1997. Before TOOM.

So has Bob just decided he was paying Al Santos too much per word or what? And
what's next, Santos has to wear a fake beard and a long-haired wig hat?

Stay tuned.

David Bachman
mret...@aol.com

georgianna

Aug 17, 2002, 10:12:00 AM8/17/02
Bob Meyer <dyl...@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:<dyln61-2CCD97....@news2.news.adelphia.net>...

I am so glad that Bob emerged to find Jesus. I was not aware that
Jesus had gone missing, but this is just one more thing for which,
personally, I am eternally indebted to Bob.

Heard they used the same intro in Toronto?

Bkindmoore

Aug 18, 2002, 1:13:55 PM8/18/02
<< From: d sweet...@earthlink.net >>

<< also .. gotta love Freeman's remark about the 60s and health food. I had
the same reaction. >>

Yeah, why say Dylan was into "substances" in
the '70s and not the '60s? Maybe the writer
didn't like some of BD's work during the '70s,
and this was an easy way to explain these
alleged feelings to himself. Guess he had no
problem with Dylan's work inthe '60s...

Barbara