black sandals

tsha...@my-deja.com

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
Anyone know where to GET them?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Christian Leroux

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
You can have black shoes, but I don't think you can dye sandals.

You can get black shoes from player vendors. Otherwise you need to know
someone with a black dye tub.

Baraka, Atlantic

Richard Cortese

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
<tsha...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:85t051$npo$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> Anyone know where to GET them?
You have to kill NPCs. That is why a lot of NPCs are wandering around with
the invunerable tag over their heads now. Disrupted game play when people
were killing all the shop keepers.

Dopester

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00

> You can have black shoes, but I don't think you can dye sandals.
>
> You can get black shoes from player vendors. Otherwise you need to know
> someone with a black dye tub.

various colored sandals spawn on some types of NPCs, so by killing them you
can acquire colored sandals. But normal sandals are undyeable.

--
Dopester.
Check out my "Multimedia Extravaganza" and download some of the most

Mat

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
"Lambda" <lam...@insipid.cjb.net> wrote in message
> [Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:54:17 +1030] Dopester (dope...@uong.com) posted
> <85t9ev$o7t$1...@news1.mpx.com.au> in rec.games.computer.ultima.online :

> > various colored sandals spawn on some types of NPCs, so by killing them
you
> > can acquire colored sandals. But normal sandals are undyeable.
>
> Does it mean than you can change the color of colored sandals, using a
> dying tub?

No, the object "sandals" is UN-dyeable, they just come pre-colored when
taken off NPC's

--
Mat

Quaestor

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
Mat wrote:

> No, the object "sandals" is UN-dyeable, they just come pre-colored when
> taken off NPC's

That is the whole reason colored sandals bring such high prices (c 50k),
because they cannot be made, only rarely taken from npc.

The Weeble King

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
Thanks to all the lamoes who regularly kill NPCs for their sandals to charge
4-8k on a vendor, a goodly number of the tailors around Britannia are quickly
becoming [invulnerable]. Oh well, you can always kill an artist or 2 out in the
wilds..

Ugly things, anyway...
I've yet to fathom the attraction of wearing sandals of any color.....
Cyrus the Stumped of Delucia,
Atlantic.

*come one, come all and view the latest addition to the Moongate near Moonglow
on Atlantic! Yes, that's right, a house has just been placed by the circle of
stones ..Meanwhile i try to place a house in a semi-legal spot(blocked by
shrubs and such)and it doesn't work...grr....*

Mat

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
"Lambda" <lam...@insipid.cjb.net> wrote in message

> Mmmh, I'm wondering then, do the true black sandals also come from NPCs?

Unless there's some way to dye sandals (which i doubt since they are so
rare) then yes, there has to be "natural" true black sandals.

Don't ask me, I don't wear sandals, I just know that you can't dye sandals,
not without some kind of trick anyway, and OSI's been pretty keen about
declaring any "tricks" in the game engine to be exploits. ;)

--
Mat

Phillip Weiss

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
True black sandals do indeed spawn on NPCs from time to time. I found a pair
for sale on Moonglow a few months ago for around 5k gp, IIRC. I gave them to
a good friend, and she used a clothing bless deed that I also gave to her
recently on them so that she could actually wear them in public.

Someone recently offered her 200k gp for them.

Lambda wrote:

> [Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:11:02 GMT] Mat (m...@tackman.net) posted
> <G0Bg4.606$bp3....@news.eunet.fi> in rec.games.computer.ultima.online :

> > No, the object "sandals" is UN-dyeable, they just come pre-colored when
> > taken off NPC's
>

> Mmmh, I'm wondering then, do the true black sandals also come from NPCs?
>

> --
> Lambda | Ultra Discreet Underground Secret Society
> http://insipid.cjb.net | member #000001 - 000...@uduss.cjb.net
> lam...@insipid.cjb.net | http://www.uduss.cjb.net
> -I've found Jesus. He was behind the sofa the whole time.

Eric A. Hall

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00

> I've yet to fathom the attraction of wearing sandals of any color...

They give zero armor which means faster meditation.

Richard Cortese

Jan 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/18/00
Eric A. Hall <eh...@ehsco.com> wrote in message

> > I've yet to fathom the attraction of wearing sandals of any color...
>
> They give zero armor which means faster meditation.
So does going barefoot, and it costs a lot less.

But heck, PK that killed my tamer in Wind? He was wearing colored sandals
that weren't blessed so after I got them used a bless deed and gave them to
my miner.