Pylint called from PyScripter, error message "[C] Invalid name "NAME~1" for type module"

Rolf Hemmerling

Aug 18, 2013, 4:33:43 PM8/18/13
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

on Win8, 32bit, with Python 2.7.x

But on Win8, 32bit, with Python 2.7.x

Command line: C:\Python27\python.exe C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\pylint\lint.py C:\Users\Public\projects\SPOTIF~1\REVERS~1.PY -f parseable
C:\Users\Public\projects\SPOTIF~1\REVERS~1.py:1: [C] Invalid name "REVERS~1" for type module (should match (([a-z_][a-z0-9_]*)|([A-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]+))$)
Process "Pylint" terminated, ExitCode: 00000010

You see that the call of pylint is done in MSDOS 8+3 mode, i.e.. "REVERS~1.PY" is called.
While all other processing of Pylint works fine, I don´t know how to prevent this error message.

As it is unusual to shrink ( Python ) source code file names to 8+3 format, nowadays,
in opposite to the situation with Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, 98SE, ME, before W2k
of course I would like to use long Windows filenames which correspond to the Python class names used in the source code ( no CamelCode in the spelling of the filename of course ).

I would be pleased about an official update,
or a Pylint configuration file which fixes it by disabling the "module" check which causes the error message.

I checked the Internet by Google, it looks as if I am the first one deals with this bug ?!

Sincerely
Rolf