FAQ entry proposal

Ariya Hidayat

Oct 24, 2012, 2:54:10 AM10/24/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
For whatever reason, recently the number of questions posted in
several places about feature plan increases. I'm tired of answering
the same question over and over again (especially if those are
addressed directly to me instead of e.g. this mailing-list). I'd like
to propose the following two entries in our FAQ. I want to ask for
feedback, in particular if native speakers can chime in and provide a
better version of the wording.

Q: Can you give a time estimate of the availability of feature X?

Because nobody is working full time on PhantomJS, there is no way to
predict the exact timing of the completion of a particular feature.
Every contributor to PhantomJS works on his own pace, sometimes it can
take a few release cycles until a certain feature is shipped.

Q: Is there any update on issue XYZ?

Any progress related to an issue, whether it is a change in the plan
or an implementation check-in, will be always posted to the issue
page. This is part of PhantomJS contribution guide, it is essential to
the development workflow. If an issue hasn't received any new update
for a while, a question like "Is there any update?" has an obvious
answer.

BTW, our FAQ, just like the entire phantomjs.org site, lives in the
gh-pages of the git repository. If you want to contribute something,
that branch is your ticket.

Thanks!

Regards,

--