Auto generated client ids

Roger Light

Jan 9, 2012, 5:35:19 PM1/9/12
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd like to propose something to be added to the spec as a suggestion
for people implementing MQTT clients. My suggestion is that if a
client automatically generates a client id based on a random or
non-repeatable value, it should refuse to run if the clean session
flag is set to false. Clients with clean session set to false
(durable/persistent clients) with a random id will be unable to
reconnect using the same id and so leave persistent subscriptions on
the server that can never be fulfilled.

Cheers,

Roger

Nicholas Humfrey

Jan 10, 2012, 7:04:52 AM1/10/12
to mq...@googlegroups.com
I agree and will be implementing this in my ruby client library.

nick.