Search Plugin for Mongoid?

Jamison Dance

Sep 21, 2010, 6:16:08 PM9/21/10
to Mongoid
Hey all. I am looking for a plugin that helps with searching Mongoid
Documents. I heard about the excellent-looking meta_search gem on the
Ruby 5 podcast, but it looks like it only works for ActiveRecord. I
also saw the ScopedSearch gem that someone posted about on this list a
few months ago. Does anyone have experience using that? Are there any
other gems for helping out with searching for Mongoid? Do you guys
just roll your own search?

Preston Marshall

Sep 21, 2010, 10:55:47 PM9/21/10
to mon...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing you could use Sunspot with it, might require some hacking, but probably not too much. It works with solr to index your data.

Rick Salsa

Sep 22, 2010, 3:45:43 PM9/22/10
to mon...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tried it, but I did see this pop-up on rubygems the other day: http://github.com/jugyo/sunspot_mongoid

Jamison Dance

Sep 23, 2010, 12:41:06 PM9/23/10
to Mongoid
Interesting. I think we want to go with Solr, so this looks perfect.
Time to see how it works.