CO: Doin' a Figure-8 (aka UPDATE!)

Ryan

Apr 8, 2006, 12:37:21 AM4/8/06
Proving how much of a social life I don't have by posting this at 10:30 on
a Firday night...

I've finished another UPDATE for my site!

http://r-dub.us/various/033006/index.html

I went south from Colorado Springs and got a ton of pics.
While I'm not happy about the quality of the pics on the first page (damn
cloud cover), the camera made me happy again by time I was wandering around
in the Trinidad area.

With all the END!s I now have photographed, I'm thinking about setting up
an ends site for Colorado now. Any assistance with pics you have would be
greatly appreciated!

Enjoy the update!

_____
Ryan
http://r-dub.us
rsw#mindless(dot)com

"If everyone went commando, wedgies wouldn't be funny anymore"
_____

Douglas Kerr

Apr 8, 2006, 7:42:58 AM4/8/06

"Ryan" <ye...@right.com> wrote in message

> Proving how much of a social life I don't have by posting this at 10:30 on
> a Firday night...
>
> I've finished another UPDATE for my site!
>
> http://r-dub.us/various/033006/index.html
>
> I went south from Colorado Springs and got a ton of pics.
> While I'm not happy about the quality of the pics on the first page (damn
> cloud cover), the camera made me happy again by time I was wandering
> around
> in the Trinidad area.
>
> With all the END!s I now have photographed, I'm thinking about setting up
> an ends site for Colorado now. Any assistance with pics you have would be
> greatly appreciated!

I would be in support of a Colorado Route ENDS! site. There isn't much for
ENDS! sites west of the Mississippi. Doubt I'd be of any assistance with
pics though, since I live in New York.

Steve Riner

Apr 8, 2006, 8:27:32 PM4/8/06

Ryan wrote:
> Proving how much of a social life I don't have by posting this at 10:30 on
> a Firday night...
>
> I've finished another UPDATE for my site!
>
> http://r-dub.us/various/033006/index.html
>
> I went south from Colorado Springs and got a ton of pics.
> While I'm not happy about the quality of the pics on the first page (damn
> cloud cover), the camera made me happy again by time I was wandering around
> in the Trinidad area.
>
> With all the END!s I now have photographed, I'm thinking about setting up
> an ends site for Colorado now. Any assistance with pics you have would be
> greatly appreciated!
>
> Enjoy the update!

Glad you could finally head south! I think you need to check your
Javascript --- I couldn't open many of the photos. One comment: the
first SB exit sign from I-25 to Raton has a covered-up route marker,
but it isn't for NM-555. It was for U.S. 87, which formerly followed
BL-I-25 through town. In fact, at the bottom of the ramp, there is (or
was) the original sign for U.S. 87 with the directional arrow now
turned 90° to send you back up the onramp instead of right through
town. U.S. 87 isn't marked along I-25 until the Clayton exit (U.S.
64-87 east) on the south end of Raton. Yes, U.S. 87 is posted as
east-west in NM all the way to the Texas line.

Steve Riner
Pueblo West CO

Explore New Mexico and Minnesota Highways:
http://www.steve-riner.com/nmhighways/nmhome.htm
http://www.steve-riner.com/mnhighways/mnhome.htm

Ryan

Apr 9, 2006, 3:40:21 AM4/9/06
"Steve Riner" <highplain...@msn.com> wrote in

> Glad you could finally head south! I think you need to check your
> Javascript --- I couldn't open many of the photos. One comment: the
> first SB exit sign from I-25 to Raton has a covered-up route marker,
> but it isn't for NM-555. It was for U.S. 87, which formerly followed
> BL-I-25 through town. In fact, at the bottom of the ramp, there is (or
> was) the original sign for U.S. 87 with the directional arrow now
> turned 90° to send you back up the onramp instead of right through
> town. U.S. 87 isn't marked along I-25 until the Clayton exit (U.S.
> 64-87 east) on the south end of Raton. Yes, U.S. 87 is posted as
> east-west in NM all the way to the Texas line.
>
> Steve Riner
> Pueblo West CO
>
> Explore New Mexico and Minnesota Highways:
> http://www.steve-riner.com/nmhighways/nmhome.htm
> http://www.steve-riner.com/mnhighways/mnhome.htm

That damn JS. Just when I think I have it done right. I'll look into it
tomorrow evening. Were you getting any errors, or was the popup just
opening without any picture, a la Yamamato's Konqueror issue from a few
days back?
As for that SB exit sign, thanks for the heads-up! I could have sworn
I've seen it signed with both US 87 and NM 555 before, and it looked to
me like a circular shield literally taped over on the sign, but I've been
wrong many times before. I'll update the site. And there's no 87 sign at
the base of the offramp anymore, as far as I remember.
I've driven on EB 87 a few times before, too. The Cauplin Volcano was one
of my grandfather's favorite stops.

Adam Prince

Apr 9, 2006, 11:26:01 AM4/9/06

"Ryan" <ye...@right.com> wrote in message
> Proving how much of a social life I don't have by posting this at 10:30 on
> a Firday night...
>
> I've finished another UPDATE for my site!
>
> http://r-dub.us/various/033006/index.html
>
> I went south from Colorado Springs and got a ton of pics.
> While I'm not happy about the quality of the pics on the first page (damn
> cloud cover), the camera made me happy again by time I was wandering
> around
> in the Trinidad area.
>
> With all the END!s I now have photographed, I'm thinking about setting up
> an ends site for Colorado now. Any assistance with pics you have would be
> greatly appreciated!

Go for it and good luck with Colorado Ends.

Steve Riner

Apr 9, 2006, 1:57:54 PM4/9/06
No response at all when I clicked the photos, just a JS command showing
up at the base of my browser.

Tho' I've only been looking at the signage at the north Raton exit on a
repeated basis since '02, I highly doubt NM-555 would have ever been
referenced there. That route intersects BL-I-25 (aka U.S. 64) south of
the intersection with the Clayton highway, IOW a bit south of town.
Never would have been a reason to post that route number through town,
especially because NM doesn't do overlays of state routes.

Steve Riner