Problems with VSTO Deployment

Corinne Hoisington via .NET 247

May 15, 2005, 8:43:34 AM5/15/05
When I create a Word Template using Beta 2 that has objects (TextBox, Buttons, Calendars) the application works well when it is run using Visual Studio, but when I save the template to work outside of VS, the objects do not show up. What am I doing wrong?

--------------------------------
From: Corinne Hoisington

-----------------------

<Id>AnkkoO2WJECPnnsQpsP43Q==</Id>

Ken Laws [MSFT]

May 16, 2005, 3:09:40 PM5/16/05
Hi Corinne,

Based on the behavior that you've described, I believe that the problem is
that you need to create a .NET Security policy for the location where the
document and assembly were published.

When you create a new VSTO 2005 project, a .NET Security policy is
automatically created by Visual Studio so that when you run the project from
this location the code executes successfully.

When you publish the solution to another location the .NET Security policy
isn't automatically created and in testing, I saw the same result that you
described until I added a new policy for the published location.

I would also note that when you create the policy you will need to make sure
that all instances of Microsoft Word have been closed in order for the policy
to be implemented. Since Microsoft Word is being hosted with the Visual
Studio IDE, you will need to close the project and also verify within Task
Manager that there are no lingering instances of Winword.exe.

Once the policy has been implemented and all instances of Microsoft Word
have been closed, try opening the a new document from the template in the
published location. You should now see the controls displayed in the
document.

If you have any questions please let me know via the posting.

Regards,

Ken Laws
Microsoft Support

For more information regarding Visual Studio Tools for Office 2005:

Best of Blogs: Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_2003_ta/html/odc_landvsto2005_ta.asp

Visual Studio Tools for Office Forum
http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=16

Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/vsto/default.aspx