Does Activesync 4.2 work with multiple Exchange Servers?

Stu

Aug 20, 2006, 12:27:07 PM8/20/06
I am trying to sync my Cingular 8125 Smartphone with multiple Exchange
Servers using Activesync v4.2. I have it working great with my first
Exchange Server but cannot add another server source unless I delete the
first one. Is it possible to sync with two Exchange Servers?

Thanks!

Juggs Ravalia (MS)

Aug 20, 2006, 10:28:12 PM8/20/06
Stu --
Currently you are limited to syncing with just a single Exchange server. Did
you want to sync with two exchange servers and have your data combined? Its
pretty tricky to have the Inbox folders combined, especially the folder
hierarchies and sending replies and so on. In any case we do allow syncing
with only a single exchange server at the moment. What you could do is to
open up an Outlook Profile pointing to the second Exchange server and then
sync with the desktop and the first exchaneg server. This way you will be
cross-pollinating Tasks/Calendar/Contacts between the two exchange servers -
one directly and the other in-directly. You can choose one of the two to get
your email messages - I would select that to be the exchange server so that
I can get my emails wirelessly.

Juggs Ravalia [MSFT]
jay...@online.microsoft.com

"Stu" <st...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jeremy Cole

Aug 21, 2006, 10:14:09 AM8/21/06
What I do to accomplish this task is to hardwire sync one computer that is
on exchange server #1. I only sync contacts, calendar and tasks. Email, I
forward to the exchange server #2 for wireless syncing. I wireless sync all
items with exchange server #2 to my Palm Treo. This system works pretty well
for me.

"Juggs Ravalia (MS)" <jay...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sven

Aug 21, 2006, 9:32:43 PM8/21/06
So in reality you are not syncing with Exchange Server #1 but rather with a
copy of Outlook, via AS on a desktop, that is set to be a client to ES#1,
right? (Since there is only one place to define an Exchange Server)

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
"Jeremy Cole" <ma...@jdcole.com> wrote in message

Jeremy Cole

Aug 22, 2006, 4:42:19 PM8/22/06
Correct.
"Sven" <sejoh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Goofy07

Aug 23, 2006, 1:19:01 PM8/23/06

Juggs Ravalia (MS) schreef:

Hello,

Seems like my problem. I want to sync with my exchange server (#1)
through gprs. I have put all the wright settings on my mda vario. I
also want to sync (just my calender) with my notebook which is
connected with another exchange server (#)2. However when I try to
select the option to sync my calender I get the message that I cannot
synchronize with my notebook because I am already syncing with the
exchange server (#1).

Has anyone some hint. TIA!

gib...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2006, 2:21:18 PM8/24/06

> Has anyone some hint. TIA!

I have EXACTLY the same problem- I need both servers (one is home and
has the Direct Push enabled), the other is a work exchange server- I
want to keep the calendars in sync...I'm begging for some help here!

cseilern

Sep 12, 2006, 10:45:11 AM9/12/06
i am deperately looking for a solution too!

oliver_solman

Sep 13, 2006, 4:49:46 PM9/13/06
4 years and still no trace of any solution.

Dr Windows

Sep 15, 2006, 4:24:44 PM9/15/06
You know what

the solution is simple.

You can Push enable using activesync on one server & configure the other one
as an IMAP server

<DIV>&quot;cseilern&quot; &lt;csei...@gmail.com&gt; wrote in message
news:1158072311.2...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...</DIV>>i am

cseilern

Sep 16, 2006, 10:37:38 AM9/16/06
That is what I have right now. The only downer here is that there are
no contacts/calendar/etc on the external Excahnge Server. So, you may
get IMAP push from that machine (and even that is FAR from easy in
WM5), but if you use OWA on it, you will have to hand type email
addresses, etc... a real pain.

I want a copy of my data on two exchange servers. Boooo to MSFT for
making Activesync such a castrated piece of software over time. Cannot
wait for an alternative asap!

cseilern

Sep 16, 2006, 12:32:18 PM9/16/06
SOLVED ! ! ! !

put this in the device's registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync\EnableNonLocalCrossPollination]
= (DWORD) 1

soft reset, then, setup activesync ON THE DEVICE (If you try setting up
on the PC, it will still fail).

I'm now syncing an Exchange connected PC with with another Excahnge
Server directly - work like a CHARM.

Crab16

Nov 27, 2006, 8:31:02 AM11/27/06
I have the same problem. Thanks for the info. How do you edit the device's
registry?

thanks