Word/Send targets Outlook; I want to target OE or Firefox

1 view

Richard

Nov 22, 2006, 8:52:06 PM11/22/06

How can I re-target Word's Send command. I'm running WinXP-Pro/SP2, MS
Office Word 2003 SP2, IE 7

DL

Nov 23, 2006, 4:15:05 AM11/23/06
You would need to alter your default email app, within Internet Options

"Richard" <RichardDummy...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote in message

Richard

Nov 23, 2006, 11:08:38 AM11/23/06
Hi DL,

Thanks for your response. I clicked on "Internet Options" on IE 7's
Home Page. The closest option I saw there was about specifying an ISP.
There was nothing about specifying a browser.

Can you suggest a specific place in the IE 7 browser where I could
specify a different browser?

Or do you know whether there's a Registry setting I could modify?
(This just occurred to me as I was typing. I'll browse the Registry
myself to see if I can find a candidate setting ripe for modification.)

Again, thanks for taking the time to consider my question.

Regards,
Richard

Richard

Nov 24, 2006, 10:09:56 PM11/24/06
Hi DL,

Here's a little more detail:

A number of times I've clicked on various sites' links for responding
via email. (The link seemed to invoke "sendmail") In each case, a
Word document with a "send" button pops up.

When I click the "send" button, the message is dispatched to Microsoft
Outlook (which I confirm by viewing the "sent" folder of Outlook.

I get the same result when I open MS Work, prepare a document and click
File | Send to | Mail Recipient.

So it seems to me that I should be able to direct "Send to" to an email
client of my choosing. But I don't see any "Internet Options" in MS
Word's Tools | Options.

Regards,
Richard