Re: [googletest] Calling _CrtSetReportMode() to suppress assertion-failure dialogs?

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.

Apr 9, 2013, 3:27:08 PM4/9/13
to Hironori Bono, Google C++ Testing Framework
Googletest maintainers, any update on this?

It would be really helpful to clean up Chromium testing infrastructure, and it's quite simple.

Are there any reasons this has not been committed?

Paweł

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Hironori Bono <hb...@chromium.org> wrote:
Greetings,

I noticed Google Test did not catch assertion failures of VC runtime and shows a "Debug Assertion Failed" dialog as written in the chromium-dev ML (*1). (Unfortunately, this issue hangs up our build bots.) Even though gtest.cc calls SetErrorMode(), _set_error_mode(), and _set_abort_behavior().to prevent showing error dialogs, it does not call _CrtSetReportMode() to prevent showing the "Debug Assertion Failure" dialogs of the VC runtime library and it causes this problem. Would it be possible for gtest to call _CrtSetReportMode() as well as the above functions as listed in the attached diff?

(*1) https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-dev/browse_thread/thread/f5ae291a3502d177#

Regards,

Hironori Bono