Windows Mobile Phones compatible (or not) with Google Gears

Visto 43 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

John

no leída,
9 may 2008, 15:31:139/5/08
a Google Gears
Hi.

Though I've asked questions about the apparent lack of compatibility
of my particular Windows Mobile phone with Google Gears, I'm starting
this topic (that I hope will be 'stickier' as it gets filled in over
time) so people can indicate their phone, WM version, carrier, and
whether Google Gears works on it or not.

So, in replies to this topic, please list your Gears compatibility
experience so we can all learn from it (esp. when we're getting ready
to buy a new phone).

Thanks.

- John -

John

no leída,
9 may 2008, 15:33:329/5/08
a Google Gears
Phone: Motorola Q
WM version: Windows Mobile 5
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Google Gears: NOT compatible (as of May 9, 2008)
Problem: IE Mobile hangs when asking whether to allow Gears on a site

Marcin Jaworski

no leída,
9 jun 2008, 11:26:289/6/08
a Gears Users
Phone: SPV M3100 (HTC Hermes / HTC TyTN)
WM version: Windows Mobile 6 (custom cooked rom)
Carrier: Orange (Poland)
Google Gears: Compatible

Steve

no leída,
16 jun 2008, 17:22:3416/6/08
a Gears Users
Seems to work just fine on my Sprint Mogul (HTC-6800) with Windows
Mobile 6.1, custom built ROM.

Only tried Picasa though. Curious about others and I can't seem to
find much.
Thought it was supposed to help Google Reader but that's not
populating my subscriptions.

no leída,
16 jun 2008, 19:38:4716/6/08
a Gears Users
Samsung Blackjack II running WM 6.

Gears is installed successfully, according to gears.google.com. What
apps should I try?

Carrier: AT&T

John

no leída,
17 jun 2008, 11:25:3517/6/08
a Gears Users
> Gears is installed successfully, according to gears.google.com.  What
> apps should I try?

In terms of being able to quickly cover the bases, what I've been
doing when testing phones out 'in the wild' (at various phone stores
and on my own phone) is to navgiate to:

http://code.google.com/apis/gears/sample.html

And quickly try the samples there. (Since IE Mobile doesn't have a 'go
offline' choice like IE Desktop does, I've been simulating the
disconnected state by putting the phone in 'airplane' mode (which
should turn off all the radios/tranceivers).

The samples of interest are: (a) Simple Database Demo, (b) Simple
ResourceStore Demo, (c) Simple ManagedResourceStore Demo, and (d)
Simple WorkerPool Demo. (I don't think that the Desktop module works
for Windows Mobile yet.)

Thanks to all for posting their experiences in this thread!

- John -

John

no leída,
11 jul 2008, 13:57:0811/7/08
a Gears Users
[ Finally decided to spring a new phone that better supports Gears! ]

Phone: Motorola Q9c
WM version: Windows Mobile 6 Standard (Build 18325.0.6.3)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Google Gears: Compatible (so far)

[ Now, if only the Windows Mobile browser would support GWT apps! ]

AndreasRL

no leída,
9 ago 2008, 6:14:359/8/08
a Gears Users
Phone: HTC TyTN II
WM version: Windows Mobile 6.1
Carrier: Tele2 (Sweden)

Everything works fine but the worker-demo, I'm not getting any result.
It says "Hello, threaded JavaScript. Parent initialized." but after
starting the worker I never get any results from it. I can keep
interacting with the UI.

Renuka

no leída,
7 sept 2008, 6:04:287/9/08
a Gears Users
Hi all,

I have a query. Does the GeoLocation Sample Application in the link
(http://code.google.com/apis/gears/samples/
hello_world_geolocation.html) work in any of your mobiles?

The page displays my location in my desktop browser.

When I visit the same page in Windows Mobile 6 Classic emulator, The
page is opened and the usual permission box appeared and I granted
permission. But then, the page never displays my location. I just
shows "getting location...".

Can some tell me how I would make it work?

AndreasRL

no leída,
13 sept 2008, 19:14:5113/9/08
a Gears Users
Hi,

The Gears Geolocation Demo works just fine with my HTC TyTN II (IE,
WM6.1). I'm guessing that your emulator is the problem.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos