Eprime inline not working without feedback object

Filip Nuyens

Apr 27, 2018, 2:52:05 PM4/27/18
to E-Prime
Hi everyone!

I am Filip, currently working at the Nottingham Trent University, and I got quite surprised on my eprime task.

I wrote a simple inline to make a "blank" slide duration fluctuate depending on the reaction time on the previous "target" slide. The inline goes as follow:

"If Target.RT = 0 Then
BRT = 250
Else
BRT = 1750-(Target.RT)
End if"

Followed by a second inline with this: "C.setattrib "BLRT", BRT"

The weird part is that when I include a feedback right after my target but before my inline, it works. However, if I take away the feedback or put it after my inline.... It does not work anymore. For now, the task is working as I simply changed the feedback duration to "0" in order to not affect my task, but I was wondering how I could make it work without a feedback.

I do not know if I'm clear and/or if I put all the info you need, so if you have any question, do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you for your time,

Filip Nuyens

David McFarlane

Apr 27, 2018, 3:25:18 PM4/27/18
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Filip,

Looks like yet another case of "PreRelease prior to an InLine". Please
see groups.google.com/d/topic/e-prime/Liej8Ik83sU , and make sure to
follow all the links posted in that thread (and within each succeeding
thread) to get the full picture. Although, note that the pstnet
articles have moved, the new links are

support.pstnet.com/hc/en-us/articles/229355567-NEW-FEATURE-GeneratePreRun-and-GeneratePostRun-properties-18177-

and

support.pstnet.com/hc/en-us/articles/229355227-NEW-FEATURE-PreRelease-defaults-changed-to-promote-better-timing-accuracy-17936-

David McFarlane
E-Prime® 2.0 training online:
psychology.msu.edu/workshop-and-additional-course/e-prime-introduction-to-programming-computerized-behavioral-tasks
Twitter: @EPrimeMaster (twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

Filip Nuyens

May 1, 2018, 6:41:47 AM5/1/18
to E-Prime
Thanks David,

I used to work on a way earlier version of Eprime which did not require such thing! It now works perfectly.