shall I go for Macbook ??

alla...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2007, 6:27:37 AM8/22/07
I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
continue using PC. Please advise

Phoon Hencman

Aug 22, 2007, 7:15:55 AM8/22/07
On 2007-08-22 06:27:37 -0400, alla...@gmail.com said:

> I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
> continue using PC. Please advise

Macbooks are awesome. Get one.

jerryeveretts

Aug 22, 2007, 9:41:02 AM8/22/07
On Aug 22, 7:15 am, Phoon Hencman <H...@ican.net> wrote:

> On 2007-08-22 06:27:37 -0400, allawa...@gmail.com said:
>
> > I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
> > continue using PC. Please advise
>
> Macbooks are awesome. Get one.

I bought a Macbook, and quickly upgraded to the Macbook Pro. As a PC
user and IT Professional, I can honestly say it is a very nice laptop.

Perfect? No... but quite nice.

Message has been deleted

Jim

Aug 22, 2007, 11:01:58 AM8/22/07
In article <1187794217.5...@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
alla...@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for your advice...but what about softwares ? Will I be able to
> use the office and PDF ?? I use iffice excel & word alot ?

Office runs just fine on Macs, in fact look at Microsoft,

www.mactopia.com and you can read about the Mac version.

PDF's are the native document format in the Mac OS. All you need to do
is print to a pdf from any print window. Some apps like InDesign export
to a pdf due to their publishing needs. If you need more than that,
Adobe has a pdf package for the Mac.

btw, Apple's laptops are selling faster than any other segment and due
to the ability to run Windows in parallels, you can have both worlds.

--
Jim

Dr zara

Aug 22, 2007, 12:17:34 PM8/22/07

<alla...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
> continue using PC. Please advise

Either platform will allow you to hook up to terrorist sites on the
internet.

Tim Murray

Aug 22, 2007, 12:41:45 PM8/22/07
On Aug 22, 2007, alla...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for your advice...but what about softwares ? Will I be able to
> use the office and PDF ?? I use iffice excel & word alot ?

The is also a system-wide dictionary that works for all Cocoa-based
applications, even the Safari browser. (Cocoa refers to an application
written specifically for OS X using native code.)

Edwin

Aug 22, 2007, 12:45:12 PM8/22/07
On Aug 22, 5:27 am, allawa...@gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
> continue using PC. Please advise

Continue using your PC.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Aug 22, 2007, 1:09:23 PM8/22/07
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:27:37 -0000, alla...@gmail.com wrote:

>I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
>continue using PC. Please advise

Do you want to end like the Maccies in here? The fact that Mac use
turned them into the shambling, brain dead things that they are is
reason enough to flee the Mac.

--

Why settle for the lesser evil?
Cthulhu for president 2008

John Slade

Aug 22, 2007, 2:05:14 PM8/22/07

<alla...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
> continue using PC. Please advise

This is not really a PC vs. Mac issue. Since Macs are actually PCs
now and are tooled to be the only computer that runs OS X easily. This is a
Windows vs. OS X issue. I would advise that you try out OS X somewhere
before you buy. You may buy a Mac and pay a lot more for it and wind up just
using Windows on it. If this is the case then you will have saved money if
you buy a non-Mac PC. If you want to run both for sure, then buy a Mac.

John

John Slade

Aug 22, 2007, 2:07:31 PM8/22/07

"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:27:37 -0000, alla...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
>>continue using PC. Please advise
>
> Do you want to end like the Maccies in here? The fact that Mac use
> turned them into the shambling, brain dead things that they are is
> reason enough to flee the Mac.

I have to agree with you. Over the whole life of the Mac and it's OS,
it's created a subset of crazy kook zealots. They are so nutty they don't
even know the Mac is actually a PC now.

John

Wayne Stuart

Aug 22, 2007, 2:07:33 PM8/22/07
<alla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
> continue using PC. Please advise

Neither. All computers suck!

But if you insist, we'd need specifics. What do you want to do with it,
which do you prefer, do you have any existing software investment, and
what's your budget?

--
This message was brought to you by Wayne Stuart - Have a nice day!

Reasons why not to choose Macintosh:
<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wssenterprises/whynotmacfaq/>

Message has been deleted

Mayor of R'lyeh

Aug 22, 2007, 2:18:50 PM8/22/07
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:16:30 -0700, witfal <nos...@all4.me> wrote:

>On 2007-08-22 10:09:23 -0700, Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:27:37 -0000, alla...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
>>> continue using PC. Please advise
>>
>> Do you want to end like the Maccies in here? The fact that Mac use
>> turned them into the shambling, brain dead things that they are is
>> reason enough to flee the Mac.
>

>No name-calling here.
>
>Nope.
>
>So much for accepted apologies.

Facts are facts. Read the collected 'wisdom' of Jim Polaski and Alan
Baker to see what I'm talking about.

Jim

Aug 22, 2007, 2:25:16 PM8/22/07
In article <AX_yi.4964$i75....@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net>,
"John Slade" <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:

You sure lost the distinctions lessons in school.

The Mac has always been a "PC" in that "PC" stood for "Personal
Computer" and the Apple II was the first affordable consumer PC.

Along the way after IBM brought out it's competition to the Apple II,
users called it the "PC" when it really should have been a "Windows PC"
and it too was a "PC".

However, in the common usage "PC" has meant a "Windows desktop computer
running Windows out of the box" and a Mac ran OS 9 and now OS X and did
not run Windows out of the box.

Your song is getting old slade. Time to wisen up and not look so foolish.

--
Jim

Message has been deleted

Mayor of R'lyeh

Aug 22, 2007, 2:56:46 PM8/22/07
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:29:58 -0700, witfal <nos...@all4.me> wrote:

>>> No name-calling here.
>>>
>>> Nope.
>>>
>>> So much for accepted apologies.
>>
>> Facts are facts. Read the collected 'wisdom' of Jim Polaski and Alan
>> Baker to see what I'm talking about.
>

>So you aren't "above" name-calling when it's justified by facts?
>
>I just want to be clear on this, because it appears to contradict your
>previous claim.
>
>Serious question.

Stating unpleasant facts is not namecalling.

Message has been deleted

PC Guy

Aug 22, 2007, 4:28:05 PM8/22/07

"Jim" <j...@NOwwa.net> wrote in message

> In article <AX_yi.4964$i75....@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net>,
> "John Slade" <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Do you want to end like the Maccies in here? The fact that Mac use
>> > turned them into the shambling, brain dead things that they are is
>> > reason enough to flee the Mac.
>>
>> I have to agree with you. Over the whole life of the Mac and it's
>> OS,
>> it's created a subset of crazy kook zealots. They are so nutty they don't
>> even know the Mac is actually a PC now.
>>
>> John
>
> You sure lost the distinctions lessons in school.
>
> The Mac has always been a "PC" in that "PC" stood for "Personal
> Computer" and the Apple II was the first affordable consumer PC.

Then you'll agree that those who called me a Windows advocate based on my
handle, PC Guy, were in error and that I'm an advocate of all PC related
things...including the Mac?

PC Guy

Aug 22, 2007, 4:28:49 PM8/22/07

"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote in message

LOL! They're trying the same crap with my use of the description "Mactard".

Steve Hix

Aug 22, 2007, 4:37:52 PM8/22/07
In article <fahvb6$pr6$1...@news.albasani.net>, witfal <nos...@all4.me>
wrote:

> >> No name-calling here.
> >>
> >> Nope.
> >>
> >> So much for accepted apologies.
> >
> > Facts are facts. Read the collected 'wisdom' of Jim Polaski and Alan
> > Baker to see what I'm talking about.
>

> So you aren't "above" name-calling when it's justified by facts?

Correct, except for the "when it's justified" requirement.

Elizabot v2.0.3

Aug 22, 2007, 4:40:35 PM8/22/07

Consider the source.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Aug 22, 2007, 4:51:43 PM8/22/07
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:28:49 -0600, "PC Guy" <pc...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

If you think about it for a minute youll see why retards would be
offended. 8)

PC Guy

Aug 22, 2007, 4:56:33 PM8/22/07

"Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Oh! Now it's clear to me. When they say I was name calling I thought they
were referring to themselves and not retards. Now that I think about it I
guess I was being insultive to retards.

Message has been deleted

John Slade

Aug 23, 2007, 2:05:43 AM8/23/07

"PC Guy" <pc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Jim" <j...@NOwwa.net> wrote in message
>> In article <AX_yi.4964$i75....@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net>,
>> "John Slade" <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "Mayor of R'lyeh" <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I have to agree with you. Over the whole life of the Mac and it's
>>> OS,
>>> it's created a subset of crazy kook zealots. They are so nutty they
>>> don't
>>> even know the Mac is actually a PC now.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> You sure lost the distinctions lessons in school.
>>
>> The Mac has always been a "PC" in that "PC" stood for "Personal
>> Computer" and the Apple II was the first affordable consumer PC.
>
> Then you'll agree that those who called me a Windows advocate based on my
> handle, PC Guy, were in error and that I'm an advocate of all PC related
> things...including the Mac?

LOL. So I guess when Jimmy Lee was lambasting PCs, he was talking about
the Mac too. Yea right.

I see Jimmy Lee or whatever his name is, is back up to his old tricks
when someone points out that Macs are PCs now that they run Windows on Intel
CPUs. The poor dope hasn't realized this yet or he keeps repeating that
tired old BS just for spite. I plonked him months ago as he hasn't much to
say. The same old anti-Windows drivel that bores people to death.

John

Jim

Aug 23, 2007, 4:13:08 AM8/23/07
In article <kevoc3pglps1okq2b...@4ax.com>,

It's a Mac Advocacy NG, but you complain when we advocate the Mac to
someone who asks....

Talk of irony.

--
Jim

Jim

Aug 23, 2007, 4:14:04 AM8/23/07
In article <Xs9zi.10955$3x....@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>,
"John Slade" <hhit...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Same old wintwisting drivel from slade.

--
Jim

Nashton

Aug 23, 2007, 7:46:32 AM8/23/07
alla...@gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to buy a lptop & do not know whether to go for Mac or
> continue using PC. Please advise

Yes, without any hesitation. Fast, ergonomic and practical.
Don't forget to get a hard plastic cover for it. I got mine off ebay,
made by Speck.

John C. Randolph

Aug 23, 2007, 8:14:48 AM8/23/07

Misery loves company.

-jcr

Mayor of R'lyeh

Aug 23, 2007, 9:58:06 AM8/23/07

I can't recall a single time either of you actually advocated the Mac.

David Fritzinger

Aug 23, 2007, 12:52:03 PM8/23/07
In article <IIudnewdCLAeAVHb...@comcast.com>,
"PC Guy" <pc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Well, gee, PC Guy, I guess you don't mind me calling you an ass then, as
it is certainly an accurate description of how you act on this
newsgroup. Indeed, I can add the word lying to that description, since
you started that thread saying you wanted to start over, no hard
feelings, just knowing (and waiting for) a reply that would justify, in
your own mind at least, your continues namecalling in this newsgroup.
And, in fact, I can honestly add the word hypocritical to your
description, since you have no problem with the lies and namecalling
done by such winscum as zara and Muahman, but when a Maccie answers in
kind, you get all upset. So, I guess you have no problem with me calling
you a lying, hypocritical ass, right?

--
Dave Fritzinger
Honolulu, HI

Message has been deleted

Steve Carroll

Aug 23, 2007, 2:23:33 PM8/23/07
In article <th4rc3hkt05sfrqh6...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 03:13:08 -0500, Jim <j...@NOwwa.net> wrote:
>
> >In article <kevoc3pglps1okq2b...@4ax.com>,
> > Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Facts are facts. Read the collected 'wisdom' of Jim Polaski and Alan
> >> Baker to see what I'm talking about.
> >

> >It's a Mac Advocacy NG, but you complain when we advocate the Mac to
> >someone who asks....
> >
> >Talk of irony.
>
> I can't recall a single time either of you actually advocated the Mac.

If you'd stop drinking that cheap beer you might be able to fix your
recollection problem ;)

--
"None of you can be honest... you are all pathetic." - Snit
"I do not KF people" - Snit

James Jolley

Aug 23, 2007, 5:17:43 PM8/23/07
Why not substitute it for "lying, hypocritical asshole"

In article <dfritzin-B71A85...@news-server.hawaii.rr.com>,
dfri...@nospam.mac.com says...

MuahMan

Aug 26, 2007, 1:21:53 PM8/26/07

"Steve Carroll" <no...@nowhere.net> wrote in message
Come on now, EVERYONE knows Jim is the group drunk. That fucker hasn't been
sober in years.

Jim Lee Jr.

Aug 26, 2007, 2:28:15 PM8/26/07
In article <SI2dnbXtYOFNK0zb...@comcast.com>,
"MuahMan" <mua...@yahoooo.com> wrote:

> Come on now, EVERYONE knows Jim is the group drunk. That fucker hasn't been
> sober in years.

Quit speaking for me, twink, and get off the drugs, they are hurting
what brains you have left.

--
Posted from my 1999 Apple G4 Sawtooth
A 450 MHz G4 running OS X 10.4.8

Megadave

Aug 26, 2007, 4:36:05 PM8/26/07
In article <SI2dnbXtYOFNK0zb...@comcast.com>,
"MuahMan" <mua...@yahoooo.com> wrote:

Oh.. the group hophead giving someone else tips on sobriety. Now THAT
is RICH.
--
The System Has Failed

Megadave

Aug 26, 2007, 4:36:24 PM8/26/07
In article
<peejster01-E488A...@unlimited.newshosting.com>,

"Jim Lee Jr." <peejs...@insightbb.com> wrote:

> In article <SI2dnbXtYOFNK0zb...@comcast.com>,
> "MuahMan" <mua...@yahoooo.com> wrote:
>
> > Come on now, EVERYONE knows Jim is the group drunk. That fucker hasn't been
> > sober in years.
>
> Quit speaking for me, twink, and get off the drugs, they are hurting
> what brains you have left.

Too late..!