SMTP AUTH and relay domains (sendmail.cf)

Claus Assmann

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
wrote:

> I have a question about sendmail.cf. In fact, I
> compiled sendmail 8.10.1 with SMTP AUTH and SASL
> 1.15.15. It worked fine except one point. Whatever
> I put in my file of relay domains (all the domains
> admissible to relay), all users are requested to
> be authticated. It worked but it is not what I
> need. I would like users to be authenticated only
> when their domains are not allowed to relay. is
> there anyone who has some ideas about this point?

sendmail offers AUTH in the EHLO greeting. Whether the client makes
use of it is outside of sendmails control.

If you have a broken MUA that can't send e-mail without authenticating,
complain to authors...

--
If you feel the urgent wish to send me a courtesy copy of a Usenet
posting, then make sure it's recognizable as such!

rca...@my-deja.com

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00
Hi

I have a question about sendmail.cf. In fact, I
compiled sendmail 8.10.1 with SMTP AUTH and SASL
1.15.15. It worked fine except one point. Whatever
I put in my file of relay domains (all the domains
admissible to relay), all users are requested to
be authticated. It worked but it is not what I
need. I would like users to be authenticated only
when their domains are not allowed to relay. is
there anyone who has some ideas about this point?

Any clues or help will be appreacited.

Raymond

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Raymond Cao

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00

I have no intention to compaint about sendmail. I like it and use it
everyday.
My question is to find a solution to my problem. I am sure a solution
exists.

Thanks for your reply.

Raymond CAO

------------

Claus Assmann wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > I have a question about sendmail.cf. In fact, I
> > compiled sendmail 8.10.1 with SMTP AUTH and SASL
> > 1.15.15. It worked fine except one point. Whatever
> > I put in my file of relay domains (all the domains
> > admissible to relay), all users are requested to
> > be authticated. It worked but it is not what I
> > need. I would like users to be authenticated only
> > when their domains are not allowed to relay. is
> > there anyone who has some ideas about this point?

Ruslan Altynnikov

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00

<rca...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8f7n8q$hre$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi

> I have a question about sendmail.cf. In fact, I
> compiled sendmail 8.10.1 with SMTP AUTH and SASL
> 1.15.15. It worked fine except one point. Whatever
> I put in my file of relay domains (all the domains
> admissible to relay), all users are requested to
> be authticated. It worked but it is not what I
> need. I would like users to be authenticated only
> when their domains are not allowed to relay. is
> there anyone who has some ideas about this point?
>

> Any clues or help will be appreacited.

Hi!
I have run sendmail on 2 ports:
O DaemonPortOptions=Name=MTA #25 (only for local users)
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=587, Name=MSA, M=Ea #587 (for everybody, who know
login)
First daemon don't require authentication,
second daemon require it.
Bye.

> Raymond

Ruslan Altynnokov, mailto: alt (at) omskreg.ru

Raymond Cao

May 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/14/00
Hi Ruslan,

Thank you a lot. Your solution works well.

Raymond

--------