Java Obfuscators

javaguy

Mar 15, 2002, 8:01:32 AM3/15/02
I was looking on the web for some java obfuscators and was wondering
what the list thought of the freeware version vs a purchased one. I
don't mind playing for one if it is clearly better than the freeware.
Here is the list I saw on the google search engine... Any thoughts from
you experts ?

* Jshrink by Eastridge Technology.
* Neil's Obfuscator.
* HashJava.
* Jobe.
* ShroudIt by LNK (60 day evaluation copy available).

Thanks !

Jon Skeet

Mar 15, 2002, 8:32:11 AM3/15/02

We use JCloak at work, and have had fine results with it.
http://www.force5.com

--
Jon Skeet - <sk...@pobox.com>
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/

Kevin Fries

Mar 15, 2002, 8:46:39 AM3/15/02

Roedy Green

Mar 17, 2002, 12:22:05 AM3/17/02
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:01:32 -0700, javaguy <ja...@gr.com> wrote or
quoted :

> * Jshrink by Eastridge Technology.
> * Neil's Obfuscator.
> * HashJava.
> * Jobe.
> * ShroudIt by LNK (60 day evaluation copy available).

Some of those are dead. See Obfuscator in the Java glossary for a
more complete list.

The java glossary is at
http://www.mindprod.com/gloss.html
or http://209.139.205.39

--
eagerly seeking telecommuting programming work.
canadian mind products, roedy green

Joseph Doer

Mar 17, 2002, 5:35:15 AM3/17/02

"Roedy Green" <ro...@mindprod.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:01:32 -0700, javaguy <ja...@gr.com> wrote or
> quoted :
> >

> > * Jshrink by Eastridge Technology.
> > * Neil's Obfuscator.
> > * HashJava.
> > * Jobe.
> > * ShroudIt by LNK (60 day evaluation copy available).
>
> Some of those are dead. See Obfuscator in the Java glossary for a
> more complete list.
>
> The java glossary is at
> http://www.mindprod.com/gloss.html

You're missing Marvin Obfuscator http://drjava.de/obfuscator/ ;-)

Cheers,
Joe

--
Bitte die Antwort nur in die Newsgruppe posten.

Send reply only to newsgroup, please.

free SMS-Dienste worldwide, getestet!
http://www.jalizer.com
Bis zu 160 Zeichen! - up to 160 Char!

Roedy Green

Mar 17, 2002, 6:11:17 AM3/17/02
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:35:15 +0100, "Joseph Doer"
<newst...@yahoo.de> wrote or quoted :

>> Some of those are dead. See Obfuscator in the Java glossary for a
>> more complete list.
>>
>> The java glossary is at
>> http://www.mindprod.com/gloss.html
>
>You're missing Marvin Obfuscator http://drjava.de/obfuscator/ ;-)

It's there now. Thanks. It sounds quite good. AND it is free.

The java glossary is at
http://www.mindprod.com/gloss.html

cha...@light.ne.jp

Mar 17, 2002, 4:01:32 PM3/17/02

http://jarg.sourceforge.net/

jarg is my project.
It make a smaller jar file, and it support obfuscation, too.

take it easy!!
only next command.

# java -jar jarg.jar aJarFile.jar

--
------ m(.. )m
 Chacha : Hidetoshi Ohuchi

Tim Tyler

Mar 18, 2002, 5:06:45 AM3/18/02
cha...@light.ne.jp wrote:

[Obfuscate/shrink]

: http://jarg.sourceforge.net/

: jarg is my project.
: It make a smaller jar file, and it support obfuscation, too.

I tested it briefly for use as a squeezer - by squeezing a few
JARs that had already been compressed using other tools.

I was impressed by the extent of the further reduction in size.

Congratulations.
--