Biggest Courthouse Win Yet for Santa Barbara’s Troubled Daily Newspaper

1 view

lc

May 28, 2008, 11:40:06 PM5/28/08
Biggest Courthouse Win Yet for Santa Barbara’s Troubled Daily
Newspaper
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/28/fired-reporters-denied-immediate-reinstatement-emn/
5/28/08
[][]
Cheap Opinions and Cheaper Shots
http://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/cheap-opinions-and-cheaper-shots.html
May 27, 2008
[][]
Rob Lowe's former chef, Pete Clements, must be relieved... the Lowe's
went cooking a new deal and now say it was a mistake they accused him
of sex in their bed, stealing their meds
and food et al.
http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/27/rob-lowe-86-case-against-fomer-chef/

lc

May 29, 2008, 12:33:17 AM5/29/08
"He [Judge Stephen Wilson] also noted in his opinion that rehiring the
reporters would force newspaper management to release current
reporters and reorganize the department." 5-22-08

News-Press Axes Ten
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/01/news-press-axes-ten/
Thursday, May 1, 2008

"UNION FILES NP COMPLAINT: A 2007 USC journ school grad has found
himself in the middle of the Teamsters/News-Press brouhaha. Kyle
Jahner, hired nearly a year ago as a sports desk temp, was laid off
last week, resulting in the newsroom union filing an unfair labor
practice complaint this week with the feds. Teamsters contend that the
NP had a duty to bargain over the layoff because Jahner was part of
the bargaining unit, even though a temp. There are an estimated six
other newsroom temps." 5/8/08
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/08/against-backlash/

The Day The Grim Reaper Made A Surprise Attack
http://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/day-grim-reaper-made-surprise-attack.html
May 09, 2008

Union Rep Writes About Layoffs, Lack of Progress in Negotiations
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/14/letter-teamsters-nicholas-caruso-news-press-newsro/
Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Patrick Windmiller 11th Employee Out the Door in Two Weeks
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/15/news-press-lays-another-one/
Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wendy hires double spy investigator
http://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/maybe-we-should-call-him-snoop-dog.html
May 19, 2008

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On May 28, 8:40 pm, lc <lol7...@msn.com> wrote:
> Biggest Courthouse Win Yet for Santa Barbara’s Troubled Daily

> Newspaperhttp://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/28/fired-reporters-denied-im...
> 5/28/08
> [][]
> Cheap Opinions and Cheaper Shotshttp://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/cheap-opinions-and-cheape...

lc

May 29, 2008, 1:47:53 AM5/29/08
Dumped by the NP: Steve Nakutin, News-Press retail advertising
manager, was either fired or laid off Tuesday, May 27, according to
sources. 5/27/08
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/27/rummaging-rampage/

Rob & Sheryl Lowe Drop Lawsuit Against Former Chef
http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9682/rob-and-sheryl-lowe-drop-lawsuit-against-former-chef/?linkSource=edhat.com
May 27, 2008

"The Lowes sued Clements on April 7, alleging emotional distress,
defamation, breach of contract and trespass. The lawsuit claimed that,
when the Lowes were out of town, their former chef threw parties at
their home, had sex with strangers in their bed, stole from their
medicine cabinet and stole their food."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20202596,00.html

On May 28, 9:33 pm, lc <lol7...@msn.com> wrote:
> "He [Judge Stephen Wilson] also noted in his opinion that rehiring the
> reporters would force newspaper management to release current
> reporters and reorganize the department." 5-22-08
>

> News-Press Axes Tenhttp://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/01/news-press-axes-ten/

> Thursday, May 1, 2008
>
> "UNION FILES NP COMPLAINT: A 2007 USC journ school grad has found
> himself in the middle of the Teamsters/News-Press brouhaha. Kyle
> Jahner, hired nearly a year ago as a sports desk temp, was laid off
> last week, resulting in the newsroom union filing an unfair labor
> practice complaint this week with the feds. Teamsters contend that the
> NP had a duty to bargain over the layoff because Jahner was part of
> the bargaining unit, even though a temp. There are an estimated six

> other newsroom temps." 5/8/08http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/08/against-backlash/
>
> The Day The Grim Reaper Made A Surprise Attackhttp://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/day-grim-reaper-made-surp...
> May 09, 2008
>
> Union Rep Writes About Layoffs, Lack of Progress in Negotiationshttp://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/14/letter-teamsters-nicholas...
> Wednesday, May 14, 2008
>
> Patrick Windmiller 11th Employee Out the Door in Two Weekshttp://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/15/news-press-lays-another-one/
> Thursday, May 15, 2008
>
> Wendy hires double spy investigatorhttp://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/maybe-we-should-call-him-...

> May 19, 2008
>
> "He [Judge Stephen Wilson] also noted in his opinion that rehiring
> the reporters would force newspaper management to release current

> reporters and reorganize the department."http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/28/fired-reporters-denied-im...

lc

May 30, 2008, 11:47:28 AM5/30/08
"shack-ups" and Mumms
http://www.winechateau.com/vsku1230980.html
http://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/they-partied-like-it-was-1999.html?linkSource=edhat.com
Arthur von Wiesenberger, making a rare appearance before the staff,
then spoke. "From a publisher's standpoint, it's been a difficult two
years and we're happy to put this behind us and move on."
He then proceeded to open one of at least four bottles of Mumms
champagne that was on the table in front of him.

And how are the eight fired reporters taking the news about the denial
of the injunction request?
"This just means we won’t be going back to work now. This doesn't
dampen our spirits in the slightest," former reporter Dawn Hobbs told
Barney Brantingham.

On May 28, 10:47 pm, lc <lol7...@msn.com> wrote:
> Dumped by the NP: Steve Nakutin, News-Press retail advertising
> manager, was either fired or laid off Tuesday, May 27, according to
> sources. 5/27/08
> http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/27/rummaging-rampage/
>

> Rob & Sheryl Lowe Drop Lawsuit Against Former Chefhttp://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9682/rob-and-sheryl-lowe-drop-...

lc

Jun 1, 2008, 2:19:13 AM6/1/08
A History of the Book Den
http://www.bookden.com/pages.asp?page_id=extrapage_27
http://www.bookden.com/FeaturePics/SBNewsPressFeb191933crop.jpg
[][]
Real-Life Spy Puts 007 to Shame..This Never Happened to the Other
Fellow
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/22/real-life-spy-puts-007-shame/
Thursday, May 22, 2008

http://www.roberteringer.com/NewPress.htm
book sales
http://www.roberteringer.com/NewPressReview.htm
Erlinger search
http://www.newspress.com/Top/Search/results.jsp
[][]
Wendy
http://media.independent.com/opinion/upload/2007/01/WendyMcCaw.jpg

ANSWER TO HELL, a stunning nonfiction work by author-journalist John
Jamison
http://answertohell.com/book.htm
[][]
"So this is for you, whoever you are. It's good to know someone can
bill $600 an hour and read my blog."
News-Press--Where Contract Is All Verb, Never a Noun
http://imnotonetoblogbut.blogspot.com/2008/05/news-press-where-contract-is-all-verb.html?linkSource=edhat.com
Thursday, May 29, 2008
[][]
Summary of the News-Press fracas.
Loss.
http://thesbreview.blogspot.com/2008/05/summary-of-news-press-fracas.html
[][]
Protest Over Cancellation of Anti-War Lecture
Veterans for Peace Prevented from Speaking at Santa Barbara High
School
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/may/30/anti-war-protest/
Friday, May 30, 2008
Veterns for Peace
http://www.veteransforpeace.org/
[][]
Steep increase brings more budget-busting gas prices
http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=8877&linkSource=edhat.com
California's highest market average gas price on May 30 is $4.262 in
Santa Barbara, 15 cents more than last week's average. (05/30/08)

5/30/08 fri
dancer
http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~bites/air-force-dance.jpg