CONNALLY PLANS FOR JFK: "MY WAY OR NO WAY"

Gil Jesus

Jul 18, 2009, 9:39:05 AM7/18/09
From Joe Backes' '99 Lancer presentation:

October 20, 1963 Jerry Bruno learns the President is going to Texas.
On October 24, 1963 Jerry Bruno meets with Walter Jenkins, at the
request of Kenny O'Donnell. Jenkins is LBJ's administrative assistant.
Jenkins was to brief Bruno on the politics of the trip. Bruno writes,
"It was like listening to somebody talking all about an incurable
disease. What we had was a governor, John Connally, who was the leader
of the conservative Texas Democrats: oil money, corporate leaders,
some rural "redneck" strength. On the other side was Senator Ralph
Yarborough, a Southern liberal, supported by labor (which was liberal
in Texas), blacks, Latin Americans, and intellectuals.

"They hated each other."

O'Donnell described Connally to Bruno, "You're dealing with an
arrogant guy here."

Bruno went to see Yarborough on October 28, 1963. Yarborough,
"described how Connally and Johnson were screwing him; worse, he said,
they'd be after John Kennedy in a minute if they thought they could
get away with it politically."

Bruno then goes to Texas. He had arranged to meet with Connally's
people that night and with Yarborough's people the next morning.
However, word of this leaked and both factions showed up to meet Bruno
at the airport. Chuck Caldwell, Yarborough's man, is there to meet
Bruno. Cliff Carter, Johnson's man, is there to meet Bruno. Bruno
rides into town with Carter.

The next morning the fun really started.

October 29, Bruno meets with Hank Brown, president of the AFL/CIO,
obviously not a Connally supporter. Brown promised a labor contact in
each city and warned that Connally would try to run the show.

Bruno meets with people from the State Democratic Committee. These
people are, "-solid Connally people- and the proposed schedule they
showed me was as if all of Yarborough's supporter's had moved to
Alaska.

"There were meetings with nobody but the Connally wing. If there was a
black spokesman, it was Connally's house black. The same with labor.
The same with Latin Americans. And when I said something about that, I
got a really heartening answer.

`You're coming into Texas,' the spokesman said, `and Connally is the
governor.'

`Yes,' I said, `but there's somebody above even the governor, and
that's the President of the United States.'"

Connally was trying to present himself as the man for all the people,
and Bruno saw right through it.

Immediately afterwards Bruno meets with Yarborough's people. Bruno
admits he was mostly on their side as the Yarborough people did not
want to control events just to get a piece of the action. Bruno
ponders, "I think it must have been that meeting, and my sense that I
didn't like what the Connally people were going to do, that put my
back up for the meeting I then had with Governor Connally."

This meeting takes place at the Forty Acres Club in Austin. " At one
point they brought in lunch: a juicy steak for Connally, a sandwich
for me. And I'll tell you, if you've spend most of your life working
with your hands, you know what they are trying to do with a move like
that."

Bruno continues, "As we sat there, Connally began outlining the
schedule for Kennedy's trip. It was firm, he kept insisting; it was
his state and if the President didn't like it, he could stay home.
That really made me feel good."

In his diary Bruno writes that Connally said, "Either we select the
stops and run the trips or the President can stay home. We don't want
him."

Reston, in "The Lone Star" corroborates, "In their private dinning
room, only a few bites into the appetizer, Connally made it manifestly
clear that he and only he was going to run this show. He presented
Bruno with the president's itinerary as a fait accompli . `It's going
to be my way or no way,' Connally announced. `This is it or he can
stay home."

Bruno replied with his standard answer for dealing with difficult
people, "I just want to tell you one thing, Governor, he's the
President. I'm here to get everyone's recommendations, and I'll
forward them to the White House. But they'll decide."

Reston writes that, "Bruno wasn't prepared for quite this level of
high-handedness, and he grew more unsettled as he looked over the
schedule Connally gave him. It was not well worked out."

And Bruno's response, "unhinged Connally. Leaping out of his chair,
the governor strode to a telephone in the corner of the room, picked
it up, and in a loud voice demanded to be connected with the White
House."(emphasis added)

Ramon F Herrera

Jul 18, 2009, 10:35:59 AM7/18/09

Among the most bizarre events in the whole case has to be the man fully
dressed in white, in November, looking like a baseball umpire in the
middle of Dealey Plaza.

The first time ever I saw his picture/movie I said: "What the hell is that
guy doing, walking in the opposite direction?". His lack of interest,
pretending hard to look blase and nonchalant necessarily arises suspicion.
He may as well dressed like big bird and carried a sign: "Hey everybody!!
Look at me! Notice that I have nothing to do with all this!"

-Ramon

bigdog

Jul 18, 2009, 5:35:52 PM7/18/09
On Jul 18, 9:39 am, Gil Jesus <gjjm...@aol.com> wrote:

Another illustration of Girlie's blatant stupidity. He has been
telling us for quite a while that JBC got into the limo only because
JFK wanted him there and didn't give him a choice. Now he is telling
us it was JBC calling the shots and telling the White House the way
things were going to be. So which is it, Girlie. Was JBC the one
calling the shots or a submissive pawn? You can't have it both ways.

Ramon F Herrera

Jul 18, 2009, 6:05:59 PM7/18/09

Yes he can. It requires a momentous intellectual exercise, I am sure
that only 1% of the readers will understand it. Bear with me, however,
and pay close attention.

The other day I booked a flight trip. It was entirely my decision. I
called the shots. The travel agent, stewardess or pilot did not wash
my brain in any way or shape. I was not hypnotized.

Once in the airplane I tried to seat in the restroom, the overhead
compartment, the pilot's seat and outside, over the wings.

Guess what: I couldn't do that! Hard as I tried I could seat where I
wanted. They probably hypnotized me so I couldn't seat where I wanted.

So: It can actually be done. The deciders can have it both ways. At
one moment one party is the decider and at another time the decider
role switches!!

Should I draw some diagrams for you? Would you require a tutorial?

-Ramon

Ramon F Herrera

Jul 18, 2009, 6:18:42 PM7/18/09

This has to be a historic textbook example of body language, one
dissected and taught in psychology lectures:

http://jfkmurderphotos.bravehost.com/will6.jpg

Too bad there wasn't a sink nearby, in which Sanchez would surely have
washed his hands.

"I am turning my back on this. I am the hell outta here".

-Ramon

tomnln

Jul 18, 2009, 8:17:30 PM7/18/09
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY;

Are all those people RUNNIN the wrong way?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

"Ramon F Herrera" <ra...@conexus.net> wrote in message

bigdog

Jul 18, 2009, 8:26:10 PM7/18/09
> -Ramon- Hide quoted text -

WTF???

Gil Jesus

Jul 18, 2009, 10:25:49 PM7/18/09
On Jul 18, 5:35�pm, bigdog <jecorbett1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Another illustration of Girlie's blatant stupidity. He has been
> telling us for quite a while that JBC got into the limo only because
> JFK wanted him there and didn't give him a choice. Now he is telling
> us it was JBC calling the shots and telling the White House the way
> things were going to be. So which is it, Girlie. Was JBC the one
> calling the shots or a submissive pawn? You can't have it both ways.

Did I say that Connally decided who'd ride with JFK?

I thought the subject was Kennedy's itinerary. When and where he went,
and who he saw.

Connally controlled where and when Kennedy went. Kennedy decided who
rode with him.

Governors don't decide who rides with the President in Presidential
motorcades, the President does.

Did you see anything in my post about seating arrangements in the
motorcade ?

Looks like you either have a problem with reading comprehension or
you're a victim of "blatant stupidity" yourself.

bigdog

Jul 18, 2009, 11:14:34 PM7/18/09
On Jul 18, 10:25 pm, Gil Jesus <gjjm...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 18, 5:35 pm, bigdog <jecorbett1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Another illustration of Girlie's blatant stupidity. He has been
> > telling us for quite a while that JBC got into the limo only because
> > JFK wanted him there and didn't give him a choice. Now he is telling
> > us it was JBC calling the shots and telling the White House the way
> > things were going to be. So which is it, Girlie. Was JBC the one
> > calling the shots or a submissive pawn? You can't have it both ways.
>
> Did I say that Connally decided who'd ride with JFK?
>
> I thought the subject was Kennedy's itinerary. When and where he went,
> and who he saw.
>
> Connally controlled where and when Kennedy went. Kennedy decided who
> rode with him.
>
> Governors don't decide who rides with the President in Presidential
> motorcades, the President does.

But you are trying to tell us JBC decided everything else about the
trip. Isn't that what "MY WAY OR NO WAY" means. So you are telling us
JBC told the White House to shove it when it came to the plans for the
trip but when it came time for JBC to get in the car in front of the
guy who was going to get shot, JBC meekly said "Yes, sir, Mr.
President. Let me bring my wife along too."

You are too dumb to even qualify as a stooge.

> Did you see anything in my post about seating arrangements in the
> motorcade ?

No, dumbshit, you tried to tell us JBC dictated to the White House
every detail of the trip but couldn't get out of riding in the death
car. How is it JBC had the balls to tell the White House how things
were going to be but willing put himself in the line of fire.

Stupid is as Stupid does.

That is a quote from Forest Gump. He's a little above your
intellectual level.

Gil Jesus

Jul 19, 2009, 6:51:28 AM7/19/09
On Jul 18, 11:14�pm, bigdog <jecorbett1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> But you are trying to tell us JBC decided everything else about the
> trip. Isn't that what "MY WAY OR NO WAY" means. So you are telling us
> JBC told the White House to shove it when it came to the plans for the
> trip but when it came time for JBC to get in the car in front of the
> guy who was going to get shot, JBC meekly said "Yes, sir, Mr.
> President. Let me bring my wife along too."

Connally gave his "ultimatum" a month after the White House publicly
announced the trip.

Can you give an example of when the White House announced a trip and
then announced a cancellation because of a struggle for control of the
itinary with the home state's governor ?

Again, you're SPECULATING that Connally had control over who rode
with whom, when it was KENNEDY who allegedly TOLD HIM that Ralph
Yarborough would be riding with Johnson in Dallas or he'd be
"walking".

I've got the interview on video where Connally says that.

So you're not going to BS me.

The seating arrangements in the motorcade were such as to display
UNITY in the Texas Democratic party which had been experiencing a feud
between Yarborough on one side and Connally on the other. Johnson, of
course sided with Connally and Yarborough was a Kennedy supporter.

What a wonderful twist of irony for Kennedy to choose the guy who had
complete control of the Texas trip, and they only one who could have
arranged a successful assassination to ride with him.

One might ask the question if it were riony or if Kennedy planned it
that way. Amid warnings not to go and threats that "they" were going
to kill him in Dallas, could JFK have been using Connally as a
"shield" to dissuade any attempt to harm him ?

If he was, it didn't work.

Kennedy's choice to have Connally ride with him in Dallas must have
been made at the last minute, in Fort Worth.

Because the morning of the assassination, Johnson and Kennedy had a
loud shouting match at the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth regarding the
seating arrangements in the Dallas motorcade.

Why didn't Johnson go argue with Connally if Connally was in charge of
who rode with whom ?

Answer---because JFK decided who rode in his car. And when Connally
found out he was riding with the President, he realized he was in deep
trouble. Connally couldn't beg out of riding with the President,
because if Kennedy survived the attack, it would have revealed
Connally's role in the conspiracy.

So Johnson, using the excuse that Ralph Yarborough didn't want to ride
with HIM, tried to talk Kennedy into changing the seating arrangements
for the Dallas motorcade.

Kennedy refused and an argument ensued. In the end, the President got
his way and Connally was FORCED to ride with Kennedy.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that ?

CONNALLY WAS FORCED TO RIDE WITH KENNEDY AND COULDN'T GET OUT OF IT
WITHOUT EXPOSING THE CONSPIRACY.

Look at clips and photos of the motorcade. Does Connally look
tremendously happy to you ?

Go peddle your BS someplace else, John.

The evidence doesn't support your opinion, no matter how much you deny
it.

bigdog

Jul 19, 2009, 7:29:44 AM7/19/09

I;m not peddling any BS, Stain. I'm pointing out your BS. You try to
tell us Connally was calling the shots for the entire Texas trip but
couldn't manage to get himself and his wife out of the line of fire
for an assassination attempt that you are claiming he arranged.
Another blatant example of your incredible stupidity. I will give you
credit though. Old Rosstards was making a serious challenge to your
supremacy but you have made it clear to him and everyone else that you
are still the Sheriff of Stupidville.

Gil Jesus

Jul 19, 2009, 7:57:28 AM7/19/09
On Jul 19, 7:29�am, bigdog <jecorbett1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I;m not peddling any BS, Stain. I'm pointing out your BS. You try to
> tell us Connally was calling the shots for the entire Texas trip but
> couldn't manage to get himself and his wife out of the line of fire
> for an assassination attempt that you are claiming he arranged.
> Another blatant example of your incredible stupidity. I will give you
> credit though. Old Rosstards was making a serious challenge to your
> supremacy but you have made it clear to him and everyone else that you

> are still the Sheriff of Stupidville.-

Connally was in charge with WHERE Kennedy went and WHO Kennedy saw
while he was in Texas.

KENNEDY decided who rode with him in Dallas.

The evidence supports that.

NOW STOP RUNNING FROM THE QUESTION, JOHN:

tomnln

Jul 19, 2009, 12:54:13 PM7/19/09
HAHAHAHAHAHA

dogshit should stick to bullshitting 7 year olds who done NO reading on the
subject.

Even then, another 7 year old Gil would 'SHOOT HIM DOWN".

"Gil Jesus" <gjj...@aol.com> wrote in message

bigdog

Jul 19, 2009, 2:16:39 PM7/19/09

You're pathetic. You are trying to make the case that JBC was calling
the shots and set up JFK. It is absurd to think anyone in that
position would put himself and his wife in the line of fire. You want
us to believe that JBC was in position to plan every detail of the
Texas trip but couldn't get himself and his wife out of harm's way. It
never ceases to amaze me just how fucking stupid you are. Seriously, I
have never encountered a dumber motherfucker in my entire life. No one
even close. You keep setting the bar lower and lower and then going
under it. You are a fucking joke, Stain.

bigdog

Jul 19, 2009, 2:18:27 PM7/19/09
On Jul 19, 12:54 pm, "tomnln" <tom...@cox.net> wrote:
> HAHAHAHAHAHA

Old Rossley sure got a chuckle out of that one as you can see here:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/jecorbett/rossley/rossley3.jpg

Gil Jesus

Jul 19, 2009, 2:30:01 PM7/19/09
> under it. You are a fucking joke, Stain.-

Your insults are no substitute for EVIDENCE, John.

You keep repeating the same BS over and over again......even though
it's been dumbed down so that even someone with an elementary school
education and vocabulary like yourself could understand it.

I asked you what choice did Connally have ? Was he supposed to call in
sick ?

You ran.

I asked you why did Johnson argue with Kennedy about the seating
arrangements if Connally was in charge of them ?

You ran

I never said that Connally was in charge of every detail of the Texas
trip. I said that Connally was in charge of WHERE Kennedy went and WHO
Kennedy saw.

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S CLAIMING THAT CONNALLY WAS IN CHARGE OF EVERY
DETAIL, INCLUDING THE SEATING ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE MOTORCADE....AND
THUS WOULD NEVER PUT HIMSELF AND HIS WIFE IN HARM'S WAY.

Now you're claiming that Connally SHOULD have been able to extricate
himself and his wife from the limo, even though the evidence shows
that Kennedy wouldn't let him.

I've provided evidence that proves your opinion is wrong.

You've provided no evidence except your opinion and insults about me
personally.

How embarrassing for you.

Now can we expect you to answer those questions, or not ?

tomnln

Jul 19, 2009, 3:40:14 PM7/19/09

"bigdog" <jecorb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Jul 19, 7:57 am, Gil Jesus <gjjm...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 19, 7:29 am, bigdog <jecorbett1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I;m not peddling any BS, Stain. I'm pointing out your BS. You try to
> > tell us Connally was calling the shots for the entire Texas trip but
> > couldn't manage to get himself and his wife out of the line of fire
> > for an assassination attempt that you are claiming he arranged.
> > Another blatant example of your incredible stupidity. I will give you
> > credit though. Old Rosstards was making a serious challenge to your
> > supremacy but you have made it clear to him and everyone else that you
> > are still the Sheriff of Stupidville.-
>
> Connally was in charge with WHERE Kennedy went and WHO Kennedy saw
> while he was in Texas.
>
> KENNEDY decided who rode with him in Dallas.
>
> The evidence supports that.
>
> NOW STOP RUNNING FROM THE QUESTION, JOHN:
>
> Why didn't Johnson go argue with Connally if Connally was in charge of
> who rode with whom ?
dogshit wrote;

You're pathetic. You are trying to make the case that JBC was calling
the shots and set up JFK. It is absurd to think anyone in that
position would put himself and his wife in the line of fire. You want
us to believe that JBC was in position to plan every detail of the
Texas trip but couldn't get himself and his wife out of harm's way. It
never ceases to amaze me just how fucking stupid you are. Seriously, I
have never encountered a dumber motherfucker in my entire life. No one
even close. You keep setting the bar lower and lower and then going
under it. You are a fucking joke, Stain.

I write;

dogshit doesn't know that JBC testified that JBC worked for 18 months trying
to get JFK to visit Texas;

dogshit doesn't know that JBC was instrumental in the luncheon site.

dogshit doesn't know that the luncheon site determines the motorcade route.

dogshit doesn't know that JBC was instrumental in arranging a Motorcade
through Dallas.

dogshit doesn't know that LBJ/JBC wanted JBC to ride with LBJ.

dogshit doesn't know that LBJ/JBC wanted Sen. Yarborough to ride with JFK.

dogshit is in the Jack Schitt Family.>>>
http://jack.zunino.net/knowjack.htm

tomnln

Jul 19, 2009, 3:41:12 PM7/19/09

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/jecorbett/rossley/rossley3.jpg

dogshit is part of the Jack Schitt Family>>>
http://jack.zunino.net/knowjack.htm