[New Project] The Conscious Lovers

B Keith

Apr 5, 2022, 11:29:42 AM4/5/22
to Standard Ebooks
I think I am going to round out my collection of 18th century comedies with Richard Steel’s The Conscious Lovers next.

The transcription is buried in a collected works of Steel so I will just extract that play—I assume that’s fine.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55922

_________

Guadeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus

Alex Cabal

Apr 5, 2022, 1:11:33 PM4/5/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
OK!

On 4/5/22 10:29 AM, B Keith wrote:
> I think I am going to round out my collection of 18th century comedies
> with Richard Steel’s /The Conscious Lovers /next.
>
> The transcription is buried in a collected works of Steel so I will just
> extract that play—I assume that’s fine.
>
> https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55922
> <https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55922>
>
> _________
>
> Guadeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/077E5BB2-E859-43D0-B54E-5259D3E841FD%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/077E5BB2-E859-43D0-B54E-5259D3E841FD%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

B Keith

Apr 5, 2022, 6:27:11 PM4/5/22
to Standard Ebooks
What does  Orphan endnote with anchor: note-103 mean?

The endnotes start at 103 and run to 134 and they all give the same error when I try to run  renumber-endnotes.

Source:

Endnote:
<li id="note-103" epub:type="endnote">
</li>

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/b3d74114-4a79-3c60-0689-4efc0ae81409%40standardebooks.org.

Alex Cabal

Apr 5, 2022, 6:45:35 PM4/5/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
renumber-endnotes renumbers all of the notrefs and endnotes from 1, in
the sequence they're encountered. If there's an orphan anchor, then that
means there are fewer endnotes than there are noterefs.

On 4/5/22 5:27 PM, B Keith wrote:
> What does Orphan endnote with anchor: note-103 mean?
>
> The endnotes start at 103 and run to 134 and they all give the same
> error when I try to run  renumber-endnotes.
>
> Source:
> epub:type="noteref">103</a>
>
> Endnote:
> <li id="note-103" epub:type="endnote">
> marked by gaiety of dialogue, diversity of character, seriousness,
> tenderness, hope, fear, suspicion, desire, pity, variety of events,
> changes of fortune, unexpected disaster, sudden joy, and a happy ending.
> </li>
>
>> On Apr 5, 2022, at 11:11 AM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org
>> <mailto:al...@standardebooks.org>> wrote:
>>
>> OK!
>>
>> On 4/5/22 10:29 AM, B Keith wrote:
>>> I think I am going to round out my collection of 18th century
>>> comedies with Richard Steel’s /The Conscious Lovers /next.
>>> The transcription is buried in a collected works of Steel so I will
>>> just extract that play—I assume that’s fine.
>>> https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55922
>>> <https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55922>
>>> <https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55922
>>> <https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55922>>
>>> _________
>>> Guadeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus
>>> --
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/b3d74114-4a79-3c60-0689-4efc0ae81409%40standardebooks.org
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/b3d74114-4a79-3c60-0689-4efc0ae81409%40standardebooks.org>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/F1CF86A5-7880-4A29-B1FE-D3D61662E78E%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/F1CF86A5-7880-4A29-B1FE-D3D61662E78E%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

B Keith

Apr 5, 2022, 6:54:01 PM4/5/22
to Standard Ebooks
Nope that’s not it. 32 endnotes, 32 refs, all in the correct sequential order. I can easily renumber them by hand but I thought I would give the tool a try.

Do I need to have the spine order correct first perhaps? Haven’t done that yet...
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/d9e44e5c-4297-81ff-0291-43d39a3b7e79%40standardebooks.org.

Alex Cabal

Apr 5, 2022, 6:54:43 PM4/5/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Yes, because otherwise the tool can't know how the files are ordered...

B Keith

May 18, 2022, 5:41:30 PM5/18/22
to Standard Ebooks
I’m not getting how I should format the Roman heads in this song. I’ve tried a number of methods but none seem to work. They aren’t part of the stanza, don’t really deserve a H3… I was thinking an hgroup but that means they need their own section right?

Alex Cabal

May 18, 2022, 5:42:53 PM5/18/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
https://standardebooks.org/manual/1.6.4/single-page#7.2.10.8

On 5/18/22 4:41 PM, B Keith wrote:
> I’m not getting how I should format the Roman heads in this song. I’ve
> tried a number of methods but none seem to work. They aren’t part of the
> stanza, don’t really deserve a H3… I was thinking an hgroup but that
> means they need their own section right?
>

>> On Apr 5, 2022, at 3:54 PM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org
>> <mailto:al...@standardebooks.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, because otherwise the tool can't know how the files are ordered...
>>
>> On 4/5/22 5:53 PM, B Keith wrote:
>>> Nope that’s not it. 32 endnotes, 32 refs, all in the correct
>>> sequential order. I can easily renumber them by hand but I thought I
>>> would give the tool  a try.
>>> Do I need to have the spine order correct first perhaps? Haven’t done
>>> that yet...

>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/9d168a3d-48b6-8e4f-81c3-8e5e8265df6e%40standardebooks.org
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/9d168a3d-48b6-8e4f-81c3-8e5e8265df6e%40standardebooks.org>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/2DA40D26-7FE7-43D6-8492-4688F6C9E10A%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/2DA40D26-7FE7-43D6-8492-4688F6C9E10A%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

B Keith

May 18, 2022, 6:01:12 PM5/18/22
to Standard Ebooks
thx
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to standardebook...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/9bbd676f-2645-5f5a-40dd-9fffdacbb7c3%40standardebooks.org.

Vince

May 18, 2022, 6:02:43 PM5/18/22
to Standard Ebooks
But we can’t have multiple headers in the same object, right? So if it’s a single blockquote for the entire song, that’s only one allowable header.

Alex Cabal

May 18, 2022, 6:04:01 PM5/18/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
The sections should go in their own <section> which would allow for
their own header

B Keith

May 18, 2022, 6:10:29 PM5/18/22
to Standard Ebooks
That was my next question. So the sections  are sub-sections of the <section id="preface" epub:type="preface”>?

Alex Cabal

May 18, 2022, 6:11:12 PM5/18/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
No, because it looks like the poem is a quotation. So, they would be sub
items of a blockquote.

On 5/18/22 5:10 PM, B Keith wrote:
> That was my next question. So the sections  are sub-sections of
> the <section id="preface" epub:type="preface”>?
>
>> On May 18, 2022, at 3:03 PM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org
>> <mailto:al...@standardebooks.org>> wrote:
>>
>> The sections should go in their own <section> which would allow for
>> their own header
>>
>> On 5/18/22 5:02 PM, Vince wrote:
>>> But we can’t have multiple headers in the same object, right? So if
>>> it’s a single blockquote for the entire song, that’s only one
>>> allowable header.

>> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/64AEA208-C75A-4E22-8508-CF573C7CCE0D%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/64AEA208-C75A-4E22-8508-CF573C7CCE0D%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

B Keith

May 18, 2022, 6:15:40 PM5/18/22
to Standard Ebooks
Well that returns: Element requires at least one block-level child.

<section id="verse-1">
<header>
</header>
</section>
<section id="verse-2">
<header>
</header>
</section>

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/1fd0d186-2648-f4c4-25a0-3ebc5796710f%40standardebooks.org.

Alex Cabal

May 18, 2022, 6:16:25 PM5/18/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
You can ignore that for now
>> <mailto:al...@standardebooks.org>> wrote:
>>
>> No, because it looks like the poem is a quotation. So, they would be
>> sub items of a blockquote.
>>
>> On 5/18/22 5:10 PM, B Keith wrote:
>>> That was my next question. So the sections  are sub-sections of
>>> the <section id="preface" epub:type="preface”>?

>>> --
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/1fd0d186-2648-f4c4-25a0-3ebc5796710f%40standardebooks.org
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/1fd0d186-2648-f4c4-25a0-3ebc5796710f%40standardebooks.org>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0B3E9D5A-7636-48AD-9315-04D37BF016CE%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0B3E9D5A-7636-48AD-9315-04D37BF016CE%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

B Keith

Jul 1, 2022, 11:40:09 AM7/1/22
to Standard Ebooks
I’m back. I need to finish making changes to The Conscious Lovers (hopefully by Monday) and am about halfway through proofing Biithedale Romance; as well I have to get caught up on  actual work so I will put off volunteering for extra work for a week or two.

How’s this for a cover?
The Declaration of Love 1724
Jean François de Troy

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/dbd3f93b-07fd-b0e9-2593-4ec4fa65e16c%40standardebooks.org.

Alex Cabal

Jul 1, 2022, 12:09:54 PM7/1/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Welcome back! Looks good, thanks!

On 7/1/22 10:40 AM, B Keith wrote:
> I’m back. I need to finish making changes to /The Conscious Lovers/
> (hopefully by Monday) and am about halfway through proofing Biithedale
> Romance; as well I have to get caught up on  actual work so I will put
> off volunteering for extra work for a week or two.
>
> How’s this for a cover?
> The Declaration of Love 1724
> Jean François de Troy
> https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/438127
> <https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/438127>
>

>> On May 18, 2022, at 4:16 PM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org

>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0B3E9D5A-7636-48AD-9315-04D37BF016CE%40gmail.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0B3E9D5A-7636-48AD-9315-04D37BF016CE%40gmail.com>
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0B3E9D5A-7636-48AD-9315-04D37BF016CE%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0B3E9D5A-7636-48AD-9315-04D37BF016CE%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/dbd3f93b-07fd-b0e9-2593-4ec4fa65e16c%40standardebooks.org
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/dbd3f93b-07fd-b0e9-2593-4ec4fa65e16c%40standardebooks.org>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/C9BE4435-163D-450E-B161-67479BAA9D6C%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/C9BE4435-163D-450E-B161-67479BAA9D6C%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

B Keith

Aug 8, 2022, 4:03:22 PM8/8/22
to Standard Ebooks
Ok. I believe this is finally ready for review. Sorry about the delay

https://github.com/b-t-k/richard-steel_the-conscious-lovers
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/c5422458-e19c-c9dc-4aa3-f536beece32f%40standardebooks.org.

Alex Cabal

Aug 8, 2022, 4:22:15 PM8/8/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
David, do you have time to review this?

David Grigg

Aug 8, 2022, 7:32:55 PM8/8/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com

David Grigg

Aug 9, 2022, 10:26:31 PM8/9/22
to Standard Ebooks
It all looks good other than some very minor things I've logged in the repository.

B Keith

Aug 10, 2022, 9:44:41 AM8/10/22
to Standard Ebooks
Thanks David. I’ve taken care of those.

David Grigg

Aug 10, 2022, 10:14:04 PM8/10/22
to Standard Ebooks
OK, looks good, over to you, Alex.

Alex Cabal

Aug 11, 2022, 4:32:30 PM8/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Great, I've gone ahead and released it. Thanks!