Teenage girl is legally euthanised after being raped as a child

Michael Ejercito

Jun 4, 2019, 9:45:49 PM6/4/19
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/noa-pothoven-dutch-girl-raped-child-legally-euthanised-224258765.html

Teenage girl is legally euthanised after being raped as a child

Noa Pothoven, 17, ended her life on Sunday by euthanasia. Source: Noa
Pothoven/ Facebook

A 17-year-old girl has died by legal euthanasia following a years-long
battle with depression and anorexia after she was raped as a young child.

Noa Pothoven, of Arnhem in the Netherlands, explained the choice to end her
own life in a now-private Instagram post last week, saying the trauma she
struggled to live with following a childhood rape had become insufferable.

"After years of fighting and battling, I am drained," she wrote.

"I have quit eating and drinking for a while now, and after many discussions
and evaluations, it was decided to let me go because my suffering is
unbearable."

The teen, who published an autobiography in 2018 called Winning or Learning
detailing her struggles with PTSD, depression, anorexia and self-harm, also
asked her followers to not try to talk her out of her decision, adding that
it was "final" and "not impulsive".

"Love is letting go, in this case," she ended her post.

Noa's sister, Isa Pothoven, took to Instagram following the teen's assisted
suicide on Sunday to share a moving tribute, remembering her loved one as a
"sweet, beautiful and caring person."

"Sleep well sweetheart, we will miss you," she wrote in a now-deleted post.

"Close your eyes and think of the beautiful place where you will go. We will
have to let you go."
Doctors must deem life is ‘unbearable’

Dutch law allows euthanasia as long as it is performed in accordance with
the stringent terms of the controversial "Termination of Life on Request and
Assisted Suicide (Review Procedures) Act," which became law in 2002.

The code states that doctors may honour a patient's appeal for euthanasia
provided that the request is voluntary and well-considered, and the person's
suffering has been deemed unbearable with no prospect of improvement.

Doctors must also inform the patient of his or her situation and further
prognosis, and the two must come to the joint conclusion that there is no
other reasonable solution.
Noa Pothoven insisted her decision, years after being raped as a child, was
not impulsive.
View photos
She insisted her decision, years after being raped as a child, was not
impulsive. Source: MIND

At least one other physician with no connection to the case must then see
the patient and state, in writing, that the attending physician satisfied
the due care criteria outlined by the code.

Children as young as 12 can seek euthanasia in the Netherlands, although
patients younger than 16 years old need parental consent to do so.

In 2017, the country saw a reported 6,585 deaths by legal euthanasia.

Human euthanasia is illegal in Australia, however assisted suicide will
become legal in the state of Victoria this year.

In May last year, 104-year-old British-born ecologist David Goodall
travelled to Switzerland to end his life by voluntary euthanasia.

---
https://www.avg.com

The Peeler

Jun 4, 2019, 10:49:03 PM6/4/19
The good news is that she experienced getting laid before deciding to
off herself.

Michael Ejercito

Jun 5, 2019, 1:43:30 AM6/5/19

"The Peeler" wrote in message
Forger, you are so ashamed of your beliefs and your absence of morality,
you forge the Peeler!

You need a good dose of seppuku!

Michael

Byker

Jun 5, 2019, 10:38:31 AM6/5/19
"Michael Ejercito" wrote in message news:qd76rv$i81$2...@dont-email.me...

> https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/noa-pothoven-dutch-girl-raped-child-legally-euthanised-224258765.html
>
> Teenage girl is legally euthanised after being raped as a child
>
> Noa Pothoven, 17, ended her life on Sunday by euthanasia. Source: Noa
> Pothoven/ Facebook

In 2009, the British Parliament said it would consider an amendment to a
bill that would allow suicide tourism by not charging people with assisting
suicide when they take their loved ones to another nation to kill
themselves. Britain has a law banning assisted suicide, but it hasn't been
enforced in those cases:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia_in_the_United_Kingdom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2117718/British-people-committing-suicide-escape-poverty-Is-State-wants.html

Growing old is not for sissies on this side of the pond...
UK suicide tourist: 'Ideal shelf life for people is 70'

The death of a healthy British former nurse at a suicide clinic in Basel is
igniting controversy in the UK at a time when the number of foreigners
coming to end their lives in Switzerland is rising sharply.

Gill Pharaoh, 75, decided to die with dignity in order to avoid “the kind of
old age I have always dreaded and feared”.

She set out her reasons in a blog before carrying out an assisted suicide at
the Swiss clinic on July 21st.

“I have always suspected that an ideal shelf life for many people is about
70 years,” the one-time palliative care nurse said in the blog, entitled “My
last word."

Until that age, Pharaoh said she was very fit and was able to fully
participate in any activity she wanted.

“Then I had a severe attack of shingles and it all changed.”

She said she was not taking any medication but was less physically active,
suffered from tinnitus and did “not want to follow this natural
deterioration through to the last stage when I may be requiring a lot of
help.”

In an interview with The Sunday Times before her death, published on Sunday,
Pharaoh said she did not want to become “an old lady hobbling up the road
with a trolley”.

But she had to travel to Switzerland to end her life because laws in Britain
do not allow assisted suicide, a situation that she hoped lawmakers would
change.

The number of “suicide tourists” visiting Swiss clinics doubled between 2008
and 2012, a period when 611 people from 31 countries ended their lives in
the mountain country, according to a recent study.

Of these, 126 came from the UK, the study published by Zurich researchers in
the Journal of Medical Ethics said.

http://www.thelocal.ch/20150805/uk-suicide-tourist-ideal-shelf-life-is-70

European euthanasia has been around for a long time. Only recently have its
supporters been coming out of the closet. Speeding up the process of
dispatching a terminally ill loved one with doctor assistance has been done
quietly and discretely for generations in Europe, like when the Royal Family
decided that 70-year-old George V, ill with COPD, was becoming too much of
an embarrassment:

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/12/14/the-secret-euthanasia-of-king-george-v/

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/11/28/world/1936-secret-is-out-doctor-sped-george-v-s-death.html

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-11-28/news/mn-15949_1_mercy-killing

http://medicalhistory.blogspot.com/2012/08/george-v-mercy-or-convenience.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand_Dawson,_1st_Viscount_Dawson_of_Penn

http://www.mercatornet.com/articles/view/another_death_in_the_family

Michael Ejercito

Jun 9, 2019, 8:55:56 AM6/9/19

"The Peeler" wrote in message

>On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 22:49:01 -0400, Loose Sphincter, the unhappily married
>nazi homo, IMPERSONATING his master, whined again:

>>>In May last year, 104-year-old British-born ecologist David Goodall
>>>travelled to Switzerland to end his life by voluntary euthanasia.
>>>

>> The good news is that she experienced getting laid before deciding to
>> off herself.
The rape was evil; there was nothing good about it.

>Did your PIG at home force you to have sex with her again, you ridiculous
>unhappily married gay nazi swine? <BG>

The forger defies morality.

Michael

John Baker

Jun 9, 2019, 12:56:45 PM6/9/19
On 6/9/2019 8:55 AM, Michael Ejercito wrote:

> "The Peeler" wrote in message
>
>> On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 22:49:01 -0400, Loose Sphincter, the unhappily
>> married
>> nazi homo, IMPERSONATING his master, whined again:

>>> The good news is that she experienced getting laid before deciding to
>>> off herself.
> The rape was evil; there was nothing good about it.

The girl gave an interview and claimed it was "the best sex I've ever had!"

>> Did your PIG at home force you to have sex with her again, you ridiculous
>> unhappily married gay nazi swine? <BG>
>
> The forger defies morality.

The only forger is you forging a Mexican. You are a gook and always have
been and always will be

--
AA #1898
Giver of No Fucks