Guide to 1970's LEGO

Huw Millington

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97

I have just published a guide to 1970s UK LEGO.

It features pictures of all* sets available between 1971 and 1978 (the
pre-minifig era), and listings both in theme and year order. There's also
a commentary on the themes and years, and scans of the catalogue covers.

As you will see there were a lot more sets available in Europe at that
time than in the US. Set numbers were different, so your help in compiling
a cross-reference would be welcomed.

The URL is:

http://www.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/legohome.html

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

(* excluding at the moment, 'maxifig', basic and duplo sets)

Huw

------
Huw Millington
LEGO home page: http://www.pncl.co.uk/~huw/homepage.html
------

Todd Lehman

Apr 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/18/97

Huw Millington <huw...@cix.compulink.co.uk> writes:
> I have just published a guide to 1970s UK LEGO.
>
> It features pictures of all* sets available between 1971 and 1978 (the
> pre-minifig era), and listings both in theme and year order. There's also
> a commentary on the themes and years, and scans of the catalogue covers.
>
> As you will see there were a lot more sets available in Europe at that
> time than in the US. Set numbers were different, so your help in compiling
> a cross-reference would be welcomed.
>
> The URL is:
>
> http://www.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/legohome.html
>
> Please check it out and let me know what you think!
>

> (* excluding at the moment, 'maxifig', basic and duplo sets)

This is awesome, Huw!!!

--Todd

LEGO: SP[bt1++++(6876) sp1++++(6986) mt++++(6989) cl++++(918) fu++(6925)]++++c
AQ[an++++(6195),as+++(6190)]+++c FL++ #+++++ S- LS++/+++ Hrr A+++++ LM-- YB67m
http://www.fibblesnork.com * http://www.visi.com/~lehman * leh...@visi.com

Huw Millington

Apr 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/19/97

In article <5j6khv$pnh$1...@darla.visi.com>, leh...@visi.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

> Huw Millington <huw...@cix.compulink.co.uk> writes:
> > I have just published a guide to 1970s UK LEGO.
> >
> > It features pictures of all* sets available between 1971 and 1978
> > (the pre-minifig era), and listings both in theme and year order.
> > There's also a commentary on the themes and years, and scans of the
> > catalogue covers.
> >
> > As you will see there were a lot more sets available in Europe at
> > that time than in the US. Set numbers were different, so your help in
> > compiling a cross-reference would be welcomed.
> >
> > The URL is:
> >
> > http://www.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/legohome.html
> >
> > Please check it out and let me know what you think!
> >

> > (* excluding at the moment, 'maxifig', basic and duplo sets)
>

> This is awesome, Huw!!!
>
> --Todd

Thanks Todd - glad you like it <fx: blush> :-)