Chocfest - 14th February -York

1 view

AnnaBod

Jan 28, 2009, 11:17:42 AM1/28/09
York's juggling and chocolate convention, Chocfest,is in just over 2 weeks!

The venue is spangly and massive, the show line up is looking good, with 6
exciting acts confirmed so far, and there will be chocolate. What more do
you need?

Get thinking about your Chocfest Chocolate Cake Contest entrys (reduced
price for entrants), and remember it will be Valentine's Day so themed
cakes will be welcome (non-themed or anti-valentines cakes also welcome).

http://www.jugglingdb.com/events/index.php?id=7475

or, for facebook fans
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=55182915241&ref=ts

See you all there!

mamph

Feb 4, 2009, 8:53:14 AM2/4/09
Woo, the Chocfest team have been working hard whilst I've been out of the
country and it's all starting to shape up nicely.

For those wondering why we've had to change venue it's because Jo Ro's has
been demolished. Apparently it'll be rebuilt and "ready for your event in
2010". Many of the local school gyms are just too small or aren't
available and we are very excited about having a slight Chocolately detour
to Selby.

Selby Abbey is still a working church. They've requested that we do not
have wheels inside (though you're still welcome to uike/snake/wave round
the grounds outside). There will also be areas which we are not permitted
to juggle in which will be clearly marked (this is mostly the area in
front of the alter).

Tea/coffee/light lunches will be on sale in the church hall.

The show will star (amongst others) Bekka Rose, Donald Grant (who has
finally put together the new routine he's been promising us - wahey!) and
will be headlined by CNPK.

Several of our planned acts have had to drop out due to breaking various
bones so we're a few acts short of a full show. If you'd like to perform
please let me/Chocfest people know (or just volunteer on the day). The
lights for the show may not be ideal - apologies in advance (or if you've
got some lights we can beg/steal/borrow from you please get in touch).

So... 14th Feb. Selby Abbey. From 9:30am. Bring cake.

Mamph
www.chocfest.net

^Tom_

Feb 13, 2009, 12:10:17 PM2/13/09
Wooooo! Just to bump this up and to say, see you all tomorrow. I'll be the
one looking rather worn out and wishing I hadn't cycled to Selby.

^_

mamph

Feb 17, 2009, 9:09:37 AM2/17/09
*Chocfest Thanks*

Thank you to everyone who made Chocfest happen this year. We had about
180 jugglers and 27 cakes through the door and I hope everybody enjoyed
themselves and the venue.

The Chocfest minions need thanking as they did an amazing job. They
include members from both York City Juggling Club and the University's
JuggleSoc plus a few extras whose support it always appreciated (I'd name
check them all but I know I'd forget someone - you guys know who you are,
so thank you!). Special thanks go to:

Donna - for finding and working so closely with the Abbey.
Anna - for searching for venues, liaising with acts and organising the
student volunteers.
Everyone at Selby Abbey. We weren't expecting such support, the canteen
opening hours to be extended, impromptu sourcing of lights nor the bar!
Beard for their endless support.
The Show team including:
- Charlie Ledger (hoops)
- Matt not from Leicester (balls)
- The Catrobats (catty acro)
- Sarah Bizkup (rings)
- Bekka Rose (clubs)
- Donald Grant (diabolo)
- CNPK (balls)
- Mike Bridge (MC)
- Mini (sound)
- The dude from the Abbey (lights)
- Mr Jules (lights)
- Matt Grey (lights)

Feedback about the convention (especially the venue) is always welcome and
we're taking on board things coming out of the HLCGB thread for next year.

Mamph