Daniel and Dunlap's disease....

Bobo@darkclown.net Darph Bobo

Aug 25, 2004, 6:01:05 AM8/25/04
Has anyone taken a close look at the most recent SG-1 episode
Affinity? Specifically the scene where Daniel is in the park walking
with the kidnap contact. His belt is facing toward the ground, it
looks like he's put on a serious amount of weight or he's hiding a 20
lbs. ham under his shirt.
Now I mean no disrespect, I'm a MS fan and apologize if someone has
mentioned this but I looked through many posts since the episode aired
and could find no mention of this matter.
Seriously you have to review it with something like a Tivo or VCR to
spot it and even pause it, you may be shocked.
I'm sure there must be a good explaination, perhaps he improperly
translated the Adkins diet, he got the eat as much as you want part
right.

Regards,
Darph Bobo
Supreme Dark Clown

JRD

Aug 25, 2004, 8:01:36 AM8/25/04
Eh, it's called he likes to eat and drink. This happens to other actors too on
hiatus, plus his wife is pregnant. Sympathy weight ? <G>

But I blame beer! <G>

Derek

Aug 25, 2004, 8:49:58 AM8/25/04
JRD rose quietly and spake the following:

> Eh, it's called he likes to eat and drink. This happens to other actors too on
> hiatus, plus his wife is pregnant. Sympathy weight ? <G>
>
> But I blame beer! <G>

Many men gain wait after getting married. It has something to do with
having someone in the house who likes to cook.

--
Derek

Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation, are men who
want crops without plowing the ground. -- Frederick Douglass, abolitionist,
editor and orator (1817-1895)

Bizarro7

Aug 25, 2004, 9:13:02 AM8/25/04
He looks quite thin at recent convention appearances. He does have lousy
posture, however. One of those guys who have to remember to never put their
hands in their pockets onscreen, because it shoves their stomach out.

It could be that Shanks has always looked this way, but they've been dressing
the character differently, over the past season. The baggy stuff was probably
hiding a sin or two, until now.

Leah

kathryn

Aug 25, 2004, 12:11:39 PM8/25/04

"Bizarro7" <biza...@aol.com> wrote in message

I get annoyed at how people seem to think it really matters. Staying "buff"
isn't all that easy. Specially if you have other commitments going on and
can't work out all the time.

Kathryn

Rob

Aug 25, 2004, 1:55:02 PM8/25/04
kathryn wrote:

> I get annoyed at how people seem to think it really matters. Staying "buff"
> isn't all that easy. Specially if you have other commitments going on and
> can't work out all the time.

I don't care at all about Shank's weight, but this post is a direct
response to Kathryn.

What's annoying is attitudes like yours. Physical fitness is a lifetime
commitment and not some "on again, off again" yo-yo syndrome. If you
can't make room in your life for at least a minimal amount of regular
exercise, then you deserve what you get.

Get your priorities straight, woman.

--
Rob

¥喊`昂,父,喊`昂喊`昂,父,喊`昂喊`昂い喊`昂ぃ

Dick Silk

Aug 25, 2004, 3:16:58 PM8/25/04
"Rob" <rro...@earthling.net.au> flamed:
> kathryn wrote:

boy oh boy oh boy... I can see the heat rising now...! :-)

Theory:
Relatively unknown actor (shanks) gets juicy role in relatively unknown sci
fi series on cable TV (SG-1, first season). To stay fit & trim with rest of
cast (especially Teal'c), actor works out to "keep up" with rest of cast. I
remember one ep in particular where he was looking muscular, and I thought
that was *highly* unusual for a scientific type who spends most his time
studying / translating.

Now, years later, series most likely in last few seasons, working out = not
so important. Takes a year off, gets married / what-not, spends more time
in bed than on bench. Enjoying life, kicking back, here comes the beer gut
/ dunlop / hunter's paunch, whatever. Again, so what?

Winston Churchill, when asked how he lived so long being so overweight,
eating improperly, and smoking cigars, replied: "I get all my exercise
burying my friends who exercise."

Leaving behind a "well preserved corpse" is not the point of life: the
point is to slide in sideways, jumping into your grave, and shouting out
posthumously: "Holy SHIT what a ride!"

:-)

R.C. Silk -- The Computer Tutor
*Help for Humans in Need*
http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcsilk/

Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies. -- - Voltaire
(1694-1778) on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce
Satan.

Derek

Aug 25, 2004, 3:35:36 PM8/25/04
Rob rose quietly and spake the following:

"Staying buff" and "being physically fit" are not synonymous.

--
Derek

It's difficult to comprehend how insane some people can be.
Especially when you're insane.

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 25, 2004, 3:53:58 PM8/25/04

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, people, don't any of you ever watch porn?
MS is built like half the guys being paid to perform (and no, guys,
I'm not talking about the Hedgehog). One guy comes to mind right away;
Tom McGurk, he's actually harder built than MS; nothing but lean muscle
and sinew and probably tops out his body fat percentage around 3% which
is damned impressive. But thing is, he's got a total six pack, belly
full of abs just like MS and it pushes out the same way. It's almost an
incongruous sight because these guys aren't exactly wearing clothes, you
know, so it's not like they can hide fat anywhere but McGurk is like...
well, think of RDA in his prime only more muscular.

Sure, MS could probably improve his posture some (alot) but I've seen MS
a couple of times this year live and I think he was bulkier in Evolution
/last year/ than he is now and he was wearing 32" waist jeans in
Evolution, fcol. I have a six foot, 16 year old nephew who wears 33"
waist jeans and he's nowhere near fat and whenever somebody brings up
this whole thing about MS' belly I keep wondering how people can call
him overweight. It's like calling Madonna fat back in the 80's when she
had a round little belly and was running around wearing that half tee
that said HEALTHY on it. Granted, she got lean and hard since then (imo
a little too lean and a little too hard but she's still hot for someone
her age) but was she seriously fat back then?

Personally, I think MS has just packed too much muscle on those small
bones of his and it's pulling at his center of gravity like a women who
gets a boob job and goes from a B cup to double D. As his frame looks
too light to naturally keep it, it'll probably fall off as soon as he
has to sacrifice the gym time for something else (read new baby).

-Pitch
--

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."

darkover

Aug 25, 2004, 4:06:12 PM8/25/04
Darph Bobo <Darph Bo...@darkclown.net> wrote in message news:<pnnoi05ottm2otrc4...@4ax.com>...

Just take a look at that! The mind boggles.
I'm MS's AVENGER 3.0: don't you think his acting, his "aura" are the
most important?!!
Everything else is racism and intolerance for me.

Darkover

Lisa

Aug 25, 2004, 3:18:01 PM8/25/04
Rob wrote

> I don't care at all about Shank's weight, but this post is a direct
> response to Kathryn.
>
> What's annoying is attitudes like yours. Physical fitness is a lifetime
> commitment and not some "on again, off again" yo-yo syndrome. If you
> can't make room in your life for at least a minimal amount of regular
> exercise, then you deserve what you get.
>
> Get your priorities straight, woman.

Do you carry a club and live in a cave?

Lisa

Lisa

Aug 25, 2004, 4:42:56 PM8/25/04
Pitcher wrote

> Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, people, don't any of you ever watch porn?

LOL! No <g>

> Sure, MS could probably improve his posture some (alot) but I've seen MS
> a couple of times this year live and I think he was bulkier in Evolution
> /last year/ than he is now and he was wearing 32" waist jeans in
> Evolution, fcol.

I don't really think anyone is calling him fat, just appearing to be fatter
than he was previously. However it has come about, whether it's too many
muscles or too many beers he certainly isn't looking as fit as he did, he
just seems softer. As for his posture, well yes, that does need work, alot
of work, but I think that is the characters posture rather than the actors
posture because no way does MS slouch, in fact upon seeing MS in the flesh I
was totally amazed at how unlike Daniel he looked.

I It's like calling Madonna fat back in the 80's when she

> had a round little belly and was running around wearing that half tee
> that said HEALTHY on it. Granted, she got lean and hard since then (imo
> a little too lean and a little too hard but she's still hot for someone
> her age) but was she seriously fat back then?

Ah, it's the age old thing though when you're a woman in the media. I don't
know whether you've ever heard of the Spice Girls, but Ginger Spice, Geri
Halliwell, was the buxom, rounded one, she had a lovely figure, around a UK
size 12/14, very Marilyn Monroe, but she dieted and exercised it all away
down to a UK size 6, absolutely tiny, very muscly and looked awful. Now
she's realised what it looked like and put the weight back and she looks
lovely again, Madonna could do with less muscle and more curves, she looks
awful.

Lisa

M.H.

Aug 25, 2004, 5:39:28 PM8/25/04

It's been covered, and each time I've wanted to post but never got
around to it.
while he did have a little bulge showing with a ticked in shirt, it
really wasn't that big or noticable

http://www.khaaan.com/

Soupladel

Aug 25, 2004, 6:23:00 PM8/25/04

"Rob" <rro...@earthling.net.au> wrote in message

all I have to say in response to your post rob, BRUCE LEE.

the man died because he was too healthy!

Soupladel

Suzie-Q

Aug 25, 2004, 6:57:59 PM8/25/04
In article <9c449ac9.04082...@posting.google.com>,
darko...@club-internet.fr (darkover) wrote:

[...]
-> >
-> > Regards,
-> > Darph Bobo
-> > Supreme Dark Clown
->
-> Just take a look at that! The mind boggles.
-> I'm MS's AVENGER 3.0: don't you think his acting, his "aura" are the
-> most important?!!
-> Everything else is racism and intolerance for me.
->
-> Darkover

Racism?!! Maybe size-ism?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617

***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998

Derek

Aug 25, 2004, 7:35:24 PM8/25/04
Soupladel rose quietly and spake the following:

I thought he died because the demon caught up with him.
--
Derek

"In the spirit of diversity, anyone offering food for thought must also
provide a vegetarian version, as well as low-carb, low fat, and Kosher
versions." -- Glasbergen

Bobo@darkclown.net Darph Bobo

Aug 25, 2004, 8:42:02 PM8/25/04

A little bulge? Not that noticeable? Look again, I'm not trying to be
rude but this is far from little or unnoticeable.

http://img56.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img56&image=ms1.jpg

Shelly

Aug 25, 2004, 9:14:18 PM8/25/04

"Darph Bobo" <Darph Bo...@darkclown.net> wrote in message

Doesn't really matter does it. Not so long ago, fans of MS were saying how
skinny he was. Now it's fat.
FCOL. Leave the bloke alone. He is just normal.
As one gets older, one tends to put on some weight, it's not a sin. I think
he looks good end of story :)

Kiwishell

NoRemorse

Aug 25, 2004, 11:05:51 PM8/25/04

"Shelly" <rye...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

Don't forget about people who complain that everyone in movies and TV shows
has a perfect body. You just can't please everyone.

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."

Shelly

Aug 26, 2004, 12:20:25 AM8/26/04

Don't forget about people who complain that everyone in movies and TV shows
has a perfect body. You just can't please everyone.

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."

Oh yeah, those ones too NoRemorse. You can't win one way or the other
(sigh)

Kiwishell

Bobo@darkclown.net Darph Bobo

Aug 26, 2004, 1:51:08 AM8/26/04
Ya know I was just gonna let this go, I prefaced my comment with no
disrespect intended and even mentioned I enjoy MS work. But now I see
this leave him alone and no one has a perfect body crap and it's
clearly NOT what my post was about.

First this is a Stargate newsgroup, discussion about actors and
characters of the show ARE on topic and will NEVER be left alone. Next
MS obviously even to Stevie Wonder has put on a great deal of weight
at least in this scene. It's not about an extra five pounds, it's not
about your weight problems, and it's not about your or my perception
of perfection it's a freakin' observation.

You make a comment about not being able to please everyone and then
you become what you criticize. I apologize if the mention of any
weight issue has offended you but it's not about you.

He put on weight ..lots of it , here's proof it's not subjective or
perception it's fact, deal with it.

http://img56.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img56&image=ms1.jpg

Darph Bobo
'Often misunderstood'
Supreme Dark Clown

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:20:25 +1200, "Shelly" <rye...@ihug.co.nz>

NoRemorse

Aug 26, 2004, 2:46:58 AM8/26/04
(top posted because I don't feel like reconciling the mess this sub-thread
has become)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Shanks put on weight. Damn!!!! Whatever shall
we do? It's the end of the world as we know it! This is clearly a major
event that will affect countless millenia to come. ;)

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."

"Darph Bobo" <Darph Bo...@darkclown.net> wrote in message

Lisa

Aug 26, 2004, 3:23:46 AM8/26/04
Darph Bobo wrote

> Ya know I was just gonna let this go, I prefaced my comment with no
> disrespect intended and even mentioned I enjoy MS work. But now I see
> this leave him alone and no one has a perfect body crap and it's
> clearly NOT what my post was about.

No it wasn't and I understood that. You were commenting on something you
saw on the show, I didn't get the impression you were criticising him for it
nor juding him, just passing comment. I happen to agree with you. I care
neither one way nor the other whether he gains or loses xx amount of pounds,
but when something strikes me as different on screen this is the place I
would come to discuss it.

> First this is a Stargate newsgroup, discussion about actors and
> characters of the show ARE on topic and will NEVER be left alone. Next
> MS obviously even to Stevie Wonder has put on a great deal of weight
> at least in this scene. It's not about an extra five pounds, it's not
> about your weight problems, and it's not about your or my perception
> of perfection it's a freakin' observation.

Absolutely.

> You make a comment about not being able to please everyone and then
> you become what you criticize. I apologize if the mention of any
> weight issue has offended you but it's not about you.
>
> He put on weight ..lots of it , here's proof it's not subjective or
> perception it's fact, deal with it.
>
> http://img56.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img56&image=ms1.jpg

Yep, your picture shows quite clearly what I saw on screen, and Pitcher, you
can't tell me that that is a six pack!

Lisa

Lisa

Aug 26, 2004, 3:25:11 AM8/26/04
Shelly wrote

> Doesn't really matter does it. Not so long ago, fans of MS were saying
how
> skinny he was. Now it's fat.
> FCOL. Leave the bloke alone. He is just normal.
> As one gets older, one tends to put on some weight, it's not a sin. I
think
> he looks good end of story :)

As do I, but I think you are over reacting and being a little unfair, Darph
wasn't critisicing, he was commenting on something he noticed, just as we've
previously commented on CJ and his weight gain/loss and also on whether AT
had a facelift and a boob job. It was just an observation.

Lisa

Missy

Aug 26, 2004, 4:45:40 AM8/26/04
Just because I can't take it anymore. :-) I think y'all are insane even
suggesting Michael Shanks isn't physically fit and THIN. How skinny do you
want this young man to be?:) :

http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/77MS1796.html

http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/7MS6.html

http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/69MS1776.html

http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/28MS1644.html

http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/31MS1648.html

http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/42MS1674.html

http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/55MS1727.html

Main page link to Convention photos (not mine, I haven't taken any believe
it or not):
http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/index.html

For good measure, a couple of captures from Mary 25, with no shirt. They
are dark and grainy but pretty much the only different between then and now
is his arms were less muscular then and his waist to me seems a bit thinner
now:

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/images/outer/m25_034.jpg

And as can be clearly seen here, his stomach muscles, though clearly
muscles, do stick out and at certain angles could likely make it seem
"round":

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/images/outer/m25_032.jpg

Darph Bobo

Aug 26, 2004, 5:19:51 AM8/26/04

Thanks Lisa for the kind words and support you understood my point and
read nothing else in to it, that's all I ever expected. I thought
simple english would have accomplished that but not these days.

It's getting so you couldn't even hand out hundred dollar bills on a
street corner without somebody misunderstanding.

To prove I'm not such a bad guy afterall I'm even gonna post a link to
my picture so people can say I'm too fat. Keep in mind I just got back
from a Dark Clown convention and maybe I had too much cotton candy and
a few too many circus peanuts..you know the ones pink, green,
marshmellow.
http://www.scifi.com/tripping/characters/bobo/

P.S. Lisa wanna clown around? *<;0),

Darph Bobo

Darph Bobo

Aug 26, 2004, 6:11:10 AM8/26/04

Missy...you can't take it anymore? We're insane? Have we forgotten to
take our medication again? Are we overreacting just a little bit?
Please I made a repectful comment about an observation and posted a
video cap from a new episode as evidence.

Yet, you decide to prove me wrong with 6 year old images from the
Outer Limits in 1998. Actually, I preferred Valerie 23 to Mary 25 not
that Cynthia Geary isn't a babe..(but that's another story) umm, now
where was I?? Oh yeah, well you got me what more can I say..I
surrender.

>I think y'all are insane even
>suggesting Michael Shanks isn't physically fit and THIN. How skinny do you
>want this young man to be?:) :

Umm, you tell me...
http://img56.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img56&image=ms1.jpg

And I was gonna mention that before he died Marlon Brando was a bit
overweight but I'm sure you'd prove me wrong by posting some pictures
from the 1950's.

I feel like such the fool and must be insane.

Eva

Aug 26, 2004, 6:52:54 AM8/26/04
"Darph Bobo" <darp...@darkclown.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> Missy...you can't take it anymore? We're insane? Have we forgotten to
> take our medication again? Are we overreacting just a little bit?
> Please I made a repectful comment about an observation and posted a
> video cap from a new episode as evidence.

<snip>

I've been reading this thread with some amusement. :-) Darph, you have to
understand that for some people Daniel is God and the Light of Their Life
and they will defend him to their last breath. Objectivity goes out of the
window. So don't take it personally that your observation is getting some
of the reactions it's been getting, that's newsgroups for you and that's why
we love them so much. And why shouldn't MS get his share of criticism,
makes a change from people calling AT old...

Personally, I have never cared for Teal'c's biceps, or now for Daniel's,
because too much muscle on a person just creeps me out, and that goes for
women, too. I think we need to refocus this thread so I would like to point
out that no matter how many muscles/flabby bits Daniel piles on, he simply
can't compete with Hot Jack. Jack doesn't need to work out to appease his
fans, he doesn't need to wear funny T-shirts to show off his stomach, he
doesn't need to work on his sex appeal, he *is* sex appeal.

The truth has been spoken....

Eva
--
Join the Stargate SG-1 SETI@home Team
http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah/team_display.php?teamid=30516

Lisa

Aug 26, 2004, 7:09:36 AM8/26/04
Eva wrote

> I've been reading this thread with some amusement. :-) Darph, you have to
> understand that for some people Daniel is God and the Light of Their Life
> and they will defend him to their last breath. Objectivity goes out of the
> window. So don't take it personally that your observation is getting some
> of the reactions it's been getting, that's newsgroups for you and that's
why
> we love them so much. And why shouldn't MS get his share of criticism,
> makes a change from people calling AT old...

LOL! Exactly, remember the whole "has she had a boob job?" conversation and
I'm convinced she had a facelift a year or so back.

> Personally, I have never cared for Teal'c's biceps, or now for Daniel's,
> because too much muscle on a person just creeps me out, and that goes for
> women, too. I think we need to refocus this thread so I would like to
point
> out that no matter how many muscles/flabby bits Daniel piles on, he simply
> can't compete with Hot Jack.

LOL! I got a DVD this morning and it has a postcard inside of Jack and I
literally went Wow, this guy is really hot when I saw it.

Jack doesn't need to work out to appease his
> fans, he doesn't need to wear funny T-shirts to show off his stomach, he
> doesn't need to work on his sex appeal, he *is* sex appeal.
>
> The truth has been spoken....

Amen Sister, let us worship at the altar of Hot Jack.

Lisa

Lisa

Aug 26, 2004, 7:12:15 AM8/26/04
Darph Bobo wrote

> Thanks Lisa for the kind words and support you understood my point and
> read nothing else in to it, that's all I ever expected. I thought
> simple english would have accomplished that but not these days.

Hmm, I think Eva mentions it elsewhere, but Daniel/MS tends to envoke
strong reactions in people, they either seem to adore him or hate him, but
one way or another he usually engenders a very strong response.

> It's getting so you couldn't even hand out hundred dollar bills on a
> street corner without somebody misunderstanding.

LOL! Tell me which corner you'll be doing that on and I'll be there.
What's the exchange rate dollars to the pound?

> To prove I'm not such a bad guy afterall I'm even gonna post a link to
> my picture so people can say I'm too fat. Keep in mind I just got back
> from a Dark Clown convention and maybe I had too much cotton candy and
> a few too many circus peanuts..you know the ones pink, green,
> marshmellow.
> http://www.scifi.com/tripping/characters/bobo/

Well I think you were looking mighty fine!

> P.S. Lisa wanna clown around? *<;0),

LOL! That is just so cute!

Lisa

Eva

Aug 26, 2004, 7:26:11 AM8/26/04
"Lisa" <lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Eva wrote

> > And why shouldn't MS get his share of criticism,
> > makes a change from people calling AT old...
>
> LOL! Exactly, remember the whole "has she had a boob job?" conversation
and
> I'm convinced she had a facelift a year or so back.

How could I forget! It was nice to see that the gravity had shifted from
"her hair looks different this season" to more important things. <g>

> > Personally, I have never cared for Teal'c's biceps, or now for Daniel's,
> > because too much muscle on a person just creeps me out, and that goes
for
> > women, too. I think we need to refocus this thread so I would like to
> point
> > out that no matter how many muscles/flabby bits Daniel piles on, he
simply
> > can't compete with Hot Jack.
>
> LOL! I got a DVD this morning and it has a postcard inside of Jack and I
> literally went Wow, this guy is really hot when I saw it.

I've been rewatching S1 and it's been .... nice... :-)

> Jack doesn't need to work out to appease his
> > fans, he doesn't need to wear funny T-shirts to show off his stomach, he
> > doesn't need to work on his sex appeal, he *is* sex appeal.
> >
> > The truth has been spoken....
>
> Amen Sister, let us worship at the altar of Hot Jack.

The path to it is well worn by now.

Eva

Aug 26, 2004, 7:27:28 AM8/26/04
"Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message

<snip>

> The path to it is well worn by now.

Worn *out*. <sigh>

MARTIN JARVIS

Aug 26, 2004, 8:43:34 AM8/26/04
Hey guys

im a fitness instructor maybe micheal shanks needs to come into my gym and
lose some flubber:)

I think micheal should come to london and do some stage work he is by far
the most talented on SG1

micheal has more rolls than a bakery at the momment (no offence micheal your
a great actor)

ciao martin

"Lisa" <lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 26, 2004, 11:32:14 AM8/26/04
Lisa wrote:

> Eva wrote
>

>>I've been reading this thread with some amusement. :-) Darph, you have to
>>understand that for some people Daniel is God and the Light of Their Life
>>and they will defend him to their last breath. Objectivity goes out of the
>>window. So don't take it personally that your observation is getting some
>>of the reactions it's been getting, that's newsgroups for you and that's
>
> why
>
>>we love them so much. And why shouldn't MS get his share of criticism,
>>makes a change from people calling AT old...
>

> LOL! Exactly, remember the whole "has she had a boob job?" conversation and
> I'm convinced she had a facelift a year or so back.>

Oh my freaking god, is that what the difference was? You might be right.
You have to understand I've been trying to put my finger on why she's
looked different for a couple of years now. Seriously, it never ever
occurred to me that it might have been as simple as a face lift. I don't
really care either way, AT is really gorgeous with or without wrinkles
and with or without the boob job, but I remember a few years ago she'd
refuse to answer when people asked her age which actually sparked my
curiosity. I looked at IMDB and it originally listed her birth year and
then it was removed for a long time until recently when it was added
again. I kept thinking 'what the hell is all that about?' It's kinda sad
that women are largely considered past their prime by their late 30's
yet men can still be considered viable sex objects at RDAs age.
Personally, I still have a THING for Dame Judy. WOT a beautiful,
impressive, intimidating woman, sigh.

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 26, 2004, 12:09:14 PM8/26/04
Eva wrote:

<Darph, you have to
> understand that for some people Daniel is God and the Light of Their Life
> and they will defend him to their last breath.>

/wince/ Ouch, you're not jaded. Much.

< Objectivity goes out of the window. >

*glances at the following paragraph*

Pot, kettle. ;)

<I think we need to refocus this thread so I would like to point
> out that no matter how many muscles/flabby bits Daniel piles on, he simply
> can't compete with Hot Jack. Jack doesn't need to work out to appease his
> fans, he doesn't need to wear funny T-shirts to show off his stomach, he
> doesn't need to work on his sex appeal, he *is* sex appeal.
>
> The truth has been spoken....>>

LOL! Gotta admire you for sticking by your man, Eve. And look at the
bright side of things: Every fandom has a canon whore, the one that
fanficcers write into every compromising kama sutra sexual position
paired with absolutely /everybody/ all the way down to the scum of the
galaxy. And in the Stargate uni, the canon whore isn't Jack; it's Daniel.

Poor Doctor Jackson, how some fans love to use and abuse him like a two
dollar hooker...

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 26, 2004, 12:11:06 PM8/26/04
Eva wrote:

>>The path to it is well worn by now.
>

> Worn *out*.

Watch it, Freud, your slip is showing.

Eva

Aug 26, 2004, 4:44:29 PM8/26/04
"Pitcher Catcher" <sem...@sbcBRAINglobal.net> wrote in message

> Eva wrote:
>
> <Darph, you have to
> > understand that for some people Daniel is God and the Light of Their
Life
> > and they will defend him to their last breath.>
>
> /wince/ Ouch, you're not jaded. Much.

LOL, you haven't read the countless threads on the subject. Trust me, these
people are obsessed and can't see beyond their noses.

> < Objectivity goes out of the window. >
>
> *glances at the following paragraph*
>
> Pot, kettle. ;)

You're new here (although for some reason I have this strange feeling that
you used to post here under a different nick) so I'll let you off. :-)
While I will assert that Jack's exceptional qualities should be obvious to
anyone with at least partially functioning eyesight, I will also be the
first in line to complain when I think Jack is wrong, acting like a jerk or
when RDA sleepwalks through an episode. I can adore *and* be objective,
unlike those Danny fans mentioned.

> <I think we need to refocus this thread so I would like to point
> > out that no matter how many muscles/flabby bits Daniel piles on, he
simply
> > can't compete with Hot Jack. Jack doesn't need to work out to appease
his
> > fans, he doesn't need to wear funny T-shirts to show off his stomach, he
> > doesn't need to work on his sex appeal, he *is* sex appeal.
> >
> > The truth has been spoken....>>
>
> LOL! Gotta admire you for sticking by your man, Eve. And look at the
> bright side of things: Every fandom has a canon whore, the one that
> fanficcers write into every compromising kama sutra sexual position
> paired with absolutely /everybody/ all the way down to the scum of the
> galaxy. And in the Stargate uni, the canon whore isn't Jack; it's Daniel.

Serves him right, too. <g>

> Poor Doctor Jackson, how some fans love to use and abuse him like a two
> dollar hooker...

Now you're trying to make me feel sorry for him, aren't you? Actually, in
the movie it was Daniel who was my favourite, I liked him when he was a
geek.

Lisa

Aug 26, 2004, 4:51:10 PM8/26/04
Pitcher wrote

> Oh my freaking god, is that what the difference was? You might be right.

I can't remember who it was, but I think someone on here worked in the
plastic surgery industry and said that in a few episodes she had the classic
look of someone who had had minor work done and that it was still healing.
Of course it's all very subjective and just guess work.

> You have to understand I've been trying to put my finger on why she's
> looked different for a couple of years now. Seriously, it never ever
> occurred to me that it might have been as simple as a face lift. I don't
> really care either way, AT is really gorgeous with or without wrinkles
> and with or without the boob job,

Absolutely, for some reason the camera does not do her justice, in person
she has much more radiance than comes across on screen and seems much more
youthful. She also seemed a lot thinner off screen than on. When I first
met her about 3 years ago I thought her arms looked so thin that they would
snap if she shook hands, then we did and my god was she strong!

but I remember a few years ago she'd
> refuse to answer when people asked her age which actually sparked my
> curiosity. I looked at IMDB and it originally listed her birth year and
> then it was removed for a long time until recently when it was added
> again. I kept thinking 'what the hell is all that about?' It's kinda sad
> that women are largely considered past their prime by their late 30's
> yet men can still be considered viable sex objects at RDAs age.

Sadly it's one of natures injustices, the same as all models must be
miniscule despite the fact that most women wearing the clothes look nothing
like them. As for men, yep, they generally look better as they get older,
RDA proving this rule to perfection.

> Personally, I still have a THING for Dame Judy. WOT a beautiful,
> impressive, intimidating woman, sigh.

She's gorgeous, very talented and funny.

Lisa

Eva

Aug 26, 2004, 4:51:57 PM8/26/04
> Lisa wrote:

<snip>

> > LOL! Exactly, remember the whole "has she had a boob job?" conversation
and
> > I'm convinced she had a facelift a year or so back.>
>
> Oh my freaking god, is that what the difference was?

Actually, I wouldn't know. I don't think Lisa was stating it as a fact, she
was just saying what some people were suggesting.

> You might be right.
> You have to understand I've been trying to put my finger on why she's
> looked different for a couple of years now. Seriously, it never ever
> occurred to me that it might have been as simple as a face lift. I don't
> really care either way, AT is really gorgeous with or without wrinkles
> and with or without the boob job, but I remember a few years ago she'd
> refuse to answer when people asked her age which actually sparked my
> curiosity. I looked at IMDB and it originally listed her birth year and
> then it was removed for a long time until recently when it was added
> again. I kept thinking 'what the hell is all that about?' It's kinda sad
> that women are largely considered past their prime by their late 30's
> yet men can still be considered viable sex objects at RDAs age.
> Personally, I still have a THING for Dame Judy. WOT a beautiful,
> impressive, intimidating woman, sigh.

I personally haven't noticed any difference in AT but then I am notoriously
bad at noticing little details like that and very often they need to be
pointed out to me. So, for example, Danny's tyre went totally unnoticed by
me.

Lisa

Aug 26, 2004, 4:56:47 PM8/26/04
Pitcher wrote

> <Darph, you have to
> > understand that for some people Daniel is God and the Light of Their
Life
> > and they will defend him to their last breath.>
>
> /wince/ Ouch, you're not jaded. Much.

Ah, we all got a little jaded on here, on the subject of Daniel and also
when we were invaded by shippers around the time of DaC

> < Objectivity goes out of the window. >
>
> *glances at the following paragraph*
>
> Pot, kettle. ;)
>
> <I think we need to refocus this thread so I would like to point
> > out that no matter how many muscles/flabby bits Daniel piles on, he
simply
> > can't compete with Hot Jack. Jack doesn't need to work out to appease
his
> > fans, he doesn't need to wear funny T-shirts to show off his stomach, he
> > doesn't need to work on his sex appeal, he *is* sex appeal.
> >
> > The truth has been spoken....>>
>
> LOL! Gotta admire you for sticking by your man, Eve.

LOL, she can't stick too closely and he isn't hers. There is a queue and a
strict rota for the sharing of Jackly Goodness. There have been rumours
that Eva was the one who took the SBFG's, hence them not appearing on screen
for many seasons, thus when the SHS's took place they were not as
noticeable.

Of course Eva will totally deny this, but I remember when Ankh denied having
the Chocolate Dipped Major Davis that we used to share and she finally
confessed to keeping him behing the settee and feeding him cheese and onion
crisps for over week, this was after blaming the postman for kidnapping him!

And look at the
> bright side of things: Every fandom has a canon whore, the one that
> fanficcers write into every compromising kama sutra sexual position
> paired with absolutely /everybody/ all the way down to the scum of the
> galaxy. And in the Stargate uni, the canon whore isn't Jack; it's Daniel.
>
> Poor Doctor Jackson, how some fans love to use and abuse him like a two
> dollar hooker...

ROTFLOL! Do you remember Weebles? Weebles wobble but they don't fall down,
that was their catch tune and it should be his. The amount that fanficcers
throw at that guy, yet he still keeps on going. Throw him off a cliff,
break an arm and a leg and concuss him and he'll still manage to translate
those tablets so they can dial home.

Lisa

Eva

Aug 26, 2004, 4:55:38 PM8/26/04

> Eva wrote:
>
> >>The path to it is well worn by now.
> >

> > Worn *out*.
>
> Watch it, Freud, your slip is showing.

Wrong sex... <g>

Eva"anyway, he was a fraud"

Eva

Aug 26, 2004, 5:09:12 PM8/26/04
> Pitcher wrote
Eva wrote

> > <Darph, you have to
> > > understand that for some people Daniel is God and the Light of Their
> Life
> > > and they will defend him to their last breath.>
> >
> > /wince/ Ouch, you're not jaded. Much.
>
> Ah, we all got a little jaded on here, on the subject of Daniel and also
> when we were invaded by shippers around the time of DaC

Aawwww, those were happy days...

> > < Objectivity goes out of the window. >
> >
> > *glances at the following paragraph*
> >
> > Pot, kettle. ;)

<The Hotness That Is Jack">

> > > The truth has been spoken....>>
> >
> > LOL! Gotta admire you for sticking by your man, Eve.
>
> LOL, she can't stick too closely and he isn't hers.

I can and he is too!

> There is a queue and a strict rota for the sharing of Jackly Goodness.

I think I lost it, I'm afraid. Never mind, there was only one entry on it
anyway.

> There have been rumours that Eva was the one who took the SBFG's, ...

Lies, they're all lies!

> ...hence them not appearing on screen

> for many seasons, thus when the SHS's took place they were not as
> noticeable.

<sobs> *Took* place indeed, they are no more.

> Of course Eva will totally deny this,...

Too right she will. <locks the drawer and hides the key>

> ... but I remember when Ankh denied having

> the Chocolate Dipped Major Davis that we used to share and she finally
> confessed to keeping him behing the settee and feeding him cheese and
onion
> crisps for over week, this was after blaming the postman for kidnapping
him!

What a bad person that Ankh was, wasn't she?? Doesn't bear to think about.

> > Poor Doctor Jackson, how some fans love to use and abuse him like a two
> > dollar hooker...
>
> ROTFLOL! Do you remember Weebles? Weebles wobble but they don't fall
down,
> that was their catch tune and it should be his.

I don't remember the advert but Kayleigh had a few Weebles when she was
little.

> The amount that fanficcers
> throw at that guy, yet he still keeps on going. Throw him off a cliff,
> break an arm and a leg and concuss him and he'll still manage to translate
> those tablets so they can dial home.

It's just like really life, isn't it?

Lisa

Aug 26, 2004, 5:14:32 PM8/26/04
Eva wrote

> > Oh my freaking god, is that what the difference was?
>
> Actually, I wouldn't know. I don't think Lisa was stating it as a fact,
she
> was just saying what some people were suggesting.

Exactly, a few people noticed something looked different, someone suggested
a facelift and that was it.

Lisa

Lisa

Aug 26, 2004, 5:37:33 PM8/26/04
Eva wrote

> > Ah, we all got a little jaded on here, on the subject of Daniel and also
> > when we were invaded by shippers around the time of DaC
>
> Aawwww, those were happy days...

Weren't they just, all those episodes to engender debate, remember The Other
Side and Scorched Earth? We argued for weeks over those.

.

> > LOL, she can't stick too closely and he isn't hers.
>
> I can and he is too!

It doesn't matter how often you say it, it doesn't make it true.

> > There is a queue and a strict rota for the sharing of Jackly Goodness.
>
> I think I lost it, I'm afraid. Never mind, there was only one entry on it
> anyway.

Don't worry I have plenty of copies and I believe my name is next on the
list.

> > There have been rumours that Eva was the one who took the SBFG's, ...
>
> Lies, they're all lies!

You speak with forked tongue!

> > ...hence them not appearing on screen
> > for many seasons, thus when the SHS's took place they were not as
> > noticeable.
>
> <sobs> *Took* place indeed, they are no more.

<sob>

> > Of course Eva will totally deny this,...
>
> Too right she will. <locks the drawer and hides the key>

*forces drawer open*

> > ... but I remember when Ankh denied having
> > the Chocolate Dipped Major Davis that we used to share and she finally
> > confessed to keeping him behing the settee and feeding him cheese and
> onion
> > crisps for over week, this was after blaming the postman for kidnapping
> him!
>
> What a bad person that Ankh was, wasn't she?? Doesn't bear to think
about.

Poor Major Davis, he was very traumatised by that episode, Idon't think
she'd hoovered behind there for months.

> > The amount that fanficcers
> > throw at that guy, yet he still keeps on going. Throw him off a cliff,
> > break an arm and a leg and concuss him and he'll still manage to
translate
> > those tablets so they can dial home.
>
> It's just like really life, isn't it?

LOL! I only need to stub my toe to have to lie down for an hour, how I'd
cope with what poor Daniel does I'll never know.

Lisa

Suzie-Q

Aug 26, 2004, 6:22:19 PM8/26/04
In article <accri0l2m58cfieii...@4ax.com>,
Darph Bobo <darp...@darkclown.net> wrote:

-> Umm, you tell me...
-> http://img56.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img56&image=ms1.jpg

That's one big muscle!!!!!!!
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617

***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998

JRD

Aug 26, 2004, 6:38:41 PM8/26/04
>Personally, I have never cared for Teal'c's biceps, or now for Daniel's,
>because too much muscle on a person just creeps me out, and that goes for
>women, too. I think we need to refocus this thread so I would like to point
>out that no matter how many muscles/flabby bits Daniel piles on, he simply
>can't compete with Hot Jack. Jack doesn't need to work out to appease his
>fans, he doesn't need to wear funny T-shirts to show off his stomach, he
>doesn't need to work on his sex appeal, he *is* sex appeal.
>
>The truth has been spoken....

Depends on what show you watch. Okay, I think Teal'c should tone it down, and
MS shoudl too, and Jack, he's okay, but I'm going with Major Sheppard from
Atlantis <G>

JRD

Aug 26, 2004, 6:40:00 PM8/26/04
>Exactly, a few people noticed something looked different, someone suggested
>a facelift and that was it.

Yawn, a person's apperance changes a little and instantly it's a face lift? Can
you please provide proof of this?

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 26, 2004, 7:11:52 PM8/26/04
Lisa wrote:

>>http://img56.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img56&image=ms1.jpg
>

> Yep, your picture shows quite clearly what I saw on screen, and Pitcher, you
> can't tell me that that is a six pack!>

*snort* Point goes to Lisa, ka-ching. Lisa 1, Pitch 0 - because that
does look like a little pot belly of doom. Although, a friend told me
back when we were watching Icon that she thought he's always had a
'permanent poochy belly' and isn't destined for six pack abs because
he'd have already had them. But I had to point out the scene in
Evolution (where *I* thought he was too soft) and Jack's shooting the
bad guys and Daniel curls up in front of the tree and you can clearly
see the six pack definition because his shirt is stuck to his belly.
Maybe he stopped working out and they became .../potential/ muscle, hm?
;p I can't say anything about the belly, anyway. I'm not THAT out of
shape but even with the belly, he's still fitter than I am.

So now I'm curious if Affinity was filmed before or after GateCon (I'm
going to assume before) and how close it was because of the pics and
vids don't show MS with a belly of doom
(<http://gateworld.net/articles/conventions/gatecon2004_video.shtml>)
and that was only a month ago.

Either he loses/gains weight in/cred/ibly fast or he's got an amazing
dis/reappearing belly or something. Maybe he's got an Alien baby in
there? Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal... wait,
that's SpaceBalls, nevermind.

Actually, wasn't it you that said MS has different posture as Daniel? He
slouches more as Daniel, I mean. I wonder if there isn't something to
that because if Tilda Swinton (who is /rail/ thin, someone get that
woman a snickers bar) can have a poochy belly because of her character
in Young Adam then anyone can.

You know, the first time I saw MS at a con I didn't recognise him. I saw
CJ and recognised him right away and MS was right next to him but he
just didn't register at first. At least not until I could take my eyes
off Chris (who has one serious physical presence). Even then I had to do
a double take when I finally looked at MS because while Daniel may be a
whole lot of things, he is NOT MS. Michael Shanks is simply kidnap and
make him my sex slave material.

Um. This probably isn't a good place to say that, is it? Doh. I didn't
type that and you didn't read it. Oookay...

-Pitch, laying off the guinness now

Message has been deleted

whodunit

Aug 26, 2004, 9:49:34 PM8/26/04
Suzie-Q wrote:

> In article <accri0l2m58cfieii...@4ax.com>,
> Darph Bobo <darp...@darkclown.net> wrote:
>
> -> Umm, you tell me...
> -> http://img56.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img56&image=ms1.jpg
>
> That's one big muscle!!!!!!!

Maybe he's wearing one of those fake pregnancy thingies
out of sympathy for his wife? ;-)

jesus X

Aug 27, 2004, 12:06:56 AM8/27/04
On 8/26/2004 4:45 AM Missy cranked up the brainbox and said:

> Just because I can't take it anymore. :-) I think y'all are insane even
> suggesting Michael Shanks isn't physically fit and THIN. How skinny do you
> want this young man to be?:) :
>

> And as can be clearly seen here, his stomach muscles, though clearly
> muscles, do stick out and at certain angles could likely make it seem
> "round":

Like in this shot:
http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/01MSPoses.html

And you know what? I look like that too. I'm 6'4", and while I'm really broad on
top, I'm also narrow in the waist and hips, a lot like MS here. Although he's
not quite as disproportionate as I seem to be. At 6'4" and 230, I wear a 34-36
inch waist jean (depending on how big the inches they used were), and XXL shirts
for my shoulders. The shirts tent out and make me look fat, so I wind up playing
seamstress so they fit better, and even with a well toned body, we can't all be
FLAT up front, it just doesn't happen, so I understand EXACTLY why Shanks looks
like he does. He's bulkier than his body would normally be, and in the stomach
area it looks odd at some angles. He's still a good looking guy, from a
completely hetero point of view. :)

--
jesus X [ Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism. ]
email [ jesus_x @ mozillanews.org ]

Missy

Aug 27, 2004, 2:58:24 AM8/27/04

"jesus X" <jes...@mozillanews.org> wrote in message

And that was simply the point I was trying to make. :-) I honestly just
found it funny(I did put a smiley in there between the "I can't take it" and
"you all are insane" -:D). A bad angle or a bad posture moment do not
"fat" make and the boy's body ain't "fat". :D

And just to be gratuitous, I noticed the picture AFTER the one you linked to
is a rather nice one. This girl has a lot of good shots.
http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/1MSStandard.html

And this one kind of gives a slight idea of how he's broader on top and then
tapes down.
http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/30MS1646.html

Did I post this one before? :-) (Not that you'd be interested jesus X :)
http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/69MS1776.html

jesus X

Aug 27, 2004, 3:35:42 AM8/27/04
On 8/27/2004 2:58 AM Missy cranked up the brainbox and said:
> And that was simply the point I was trying to make. :-) I honestly just
> found it funny(I did put a smiley in there between the "I can't take it" and
> "you all are insane" -:D). A bad angle or a bad posture moment do not
> "fat" make and the boy's body ain't "fat". :D

Oh yeah, I was just agreeing, I guess a little too strenuously. :)

> And just to be gratuitous, I noticed the picture AFTER the one you linked to
> is a rather nice one. This girl has a lot of good shots.

He's posed like a vapid fashion model. :P

The chick next to him in
http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/9MS8.html isn't too
bad herself. :)

> And this one kind of gives a slight idea of how he's broader on top and then
> tapes down.

Yep. It's a PITA to buy clothes too. They're either snug in the shoulders or
wide around the waist.

> Did I post this one before? :-) (Not that you'd be interested jesus X :)
> http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/slides/69MS1776.html

Hmm. I THINK you might have... Not sure though. :)

Lisa

Aug 27, 2004, 4:16:27 AM8/27/04
Elyse wrote

*Bigger Yawn*

No that was the point of the conversation, it really wasn't one. A few
people thought she looked different, someone suggested a facelift, someone
else it could be as they worked in the industry and she had certain traits
of how people look after surgery, someone else said oh right and the
conversation ended. No one had any proof, no one wanted any and it was no
big deal.

In my experience it isn't the original comment that causes the fuss, it's
the hysterical over reaction to the comment that leads to the problems.

Lisa

Lisa

Aug 27, 2004, 6:03:05 AM8/27/04
Pitcher wrote

> > Yep, your picture shows quite clearly what I saw on screen, and Pitcher,
you
> > can't tell me that that is a six pack!>
>
> *snort* Point goes to Lisa, ka-ching. Lisa 1, Pitch 0 - because that
> does look like a little pot belly of doom.

Oh indeedy <g>

Although, a friend told me
> back when we were watching Icon that she thought he's always had a
> 'permanent poochy belly' and isn't destined for six pack abs because
> he'd have already had them. But I had to point out the scene in
> Evolution (where *I* thought he was too soft) and Jack's shooting the
> bad guys and Daniel curls up in front of the tree and you can clearly
> see the six pack definition because his shirt is stuck to his belly.

I just watched Enemies this morning and he definitely had the concave
stomach going on in that, much leaner overall.

> Maybe he stopped working out and they became .../potential/ muscle, hm?
> ;p I can't say anything about the belly, anyway. I'm not THAT out of
> shape but even with the belly, he's still fitter than I am.
>
> So now I'm curious if Affinity was filmed before or after GateCon (I'm
> going to assume before) and how close it was because of the pics and
> vids don't show MS with a belly of doom
> (<http://gateworld.net/articles/conventions/gatecon2004_video.shtml>)
> and that was only a month ago.

I definitely don't think his posture helps, but even that belly can't be
explained away with just bad posture.

> Either he loses/gains weight in/cred/ibly fast or he's got an amazing
> dis/reappearing belly or something. Maybe he's got an Alien baby in
> there? Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal... wait,
> that's SpaceBalls, nevermind.

LOL! Well, in my experience of being married to a man who does like the odd
pint or two <g>, the quickest way to gain a belly is to drink beer, we all
know Michael likes his beer and has done mucho drinking of the stuff this
summer at various cons and events. It is also one of the quickest way to
lose weight by simply stopping drinking the stuff, personally that's the way
I would explain it, bad posture and too much beer.

> Actually, wasn't it you that said MS has different posture as Daniel? He
> slouches more as Daniel, I mean. I wonder if there isn't something to
> that because if Tilda Swinton (who is /rail/ thin, someone get that
> woman a snickers bar) can have a poochy belly because of her character
> in Young Adam then anyone can.

Yes 'twas I that said that. MS was totally different to Daniel, walked
differently, much more assertively and less slouchy.

> You know, the first time I saw MS at a con I didn't recognise him. I saw
> CJ and recognised him right away and MS was right next to him but he
> just didn't register at first. At least not until I could take my eyes
> off Chris (who has one serious physical presence).

Doesn't he just!

Even then I had to do
> a double take when I finally looked at MS because while Daniel may be a
> whole lot of things, he is NOT MS. Michael Shanks is simply kidnap and
> make him my sex slave material.

LOL! Snap! The first time I met MS was at SG-4, I was stood outside having
a cigarette with a friend and this group of people walked by, one of them
was a tall guy with a lovely long leather coat on, my comment? "huh, look
at him in that coat, really thinks he's special doesn't he" Friend looked
at me baffled and said, "D'uh, that was Michael Shanks" I never even
realised, LOL!

> Um. This probably isn't a good place to say that, is it? Doh. I didn't
> type that and you didn't read it. Oookay...

<g> When MS goes missing I shall send them around to you.

Lisa

Lisa

Aug 27, 2004, 6:03:23 AM8/27/04
whodunit wrote

> Maybe he's wearing one of those fake pregnancy thingies
> out of sympathy for his wife? ;-)

ROTFLOL!

Lisa

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 27, 2004, 6:20:00 AM8/27/04
Eva wrote:
> "Pitcher Catcher" <sem...@sbcBRAINglobal.net> wrote in message
>
>>Eva wrote:
>>
>><Darph, you have to
>>
>>>understand that for some people Daniel is God and the Light of Their
>
> Life
>
>>>and they will defend him to their last breath.>
>>
>>/wince/ Ouch, you're not jaded. Much.
>

> LOL, you haven't read the countless threads on the subject. Trust me, these
> people are obsessed and can't see beyond their noses.>

No, I believe you, I've seen it all before. I come from a long line of
fandoms and am far too familiar with fannish behavior. That's why I
generally stay away from cons and have only recently in the last few
years finally caved to pressure from friends and attended a handful.
And, frankly, it if weren't for hanging out with my friends at the cons
I still don't think I'd be going. It's nice to see the actors, to listen
to them, talk with them, drink with them, but some of the other fans
(read bizarre fannish behavior) just weird me out.

>>< Objectivity goes out of the window. >
>>
>>*glances at the following paragraph*
>>
>>Pot, kettle. ;)
>

> You're new here (although for some reason I have this strange feeling that
> you used to post here under a different nick) so I'll let you off. :-)>

I think you mentioned that before or someone else did about me possibly
posting here under a different nick. If you're talking usenet circa
94-95 then yes, that was me. Otherwise, no, sorry. Real Life, the
bastard, has had it's rotten mitts on me for far too long and the only
reason I'm really here atm is because I finally found the hobby time
hiding under my couch cushions. Otherwise, yes this is a pseud and I use
it because these aren't my usual stomping grounds. I don't want my
real id in other places to mar my opinions here. Anyway, I'm hoping the
person I'm being compared to wasn't a raving lunatic ballbuster but I
guess someone will tell me eventually if I'm being an asshole. People
are useful like that.

> While I will assert that Jack's exceptional qualities should be obvious to
> anyone with at least partially functioning eyesight, I will also be the
> first in line to complain when I think Jack is wrong, acting like a jerk or
> when RDA sleepwalks through an episode. I can adore *and* be objective,
> unlike those Danny fans mentioned.

Hey baby (and I mean baby in the purest Dicky Vitale way, mind, before
you whump me with your handbag) I can fanwank with the best of them so
no worries there. But I have to admit that I wouldn't throw any member
of SG1 out of my bed with the exception of Jack. Not because I don't
think Jack isn't handsome, he is, but the guy just looks way way
wayyyyyyy too much like my father and I have enough daddy issues as it
is, ta very much. So no, sorry, RDA and Jack are off limits to me but
I'll take Janet in his absence. A living Janet, if you will.

<snippiness>

>>Poor Doctor Jackson, how some fans love to use and abuse him like a two
>>dollar hooker...
>

> Now you're trying to make me feel sorry for him, aren't you? Actually, in
> the movie it was Daniel who was my favourite, I liked him when he was a
> geek.>

*snerk* I would never try to make you feel sorry for the guy. The way a
lot of the ficcers write him he deserves everything he gets for being,
largely, a hot but oblivious genius with the common sense and self
preservation instincts of a lemming. Give the guy his lateral thinking,
sure, let him be pretty, okay, but take away his balls and spine, ugh. I
really detest an Emasculated!Daniel (complete with Quivering Lip Action
and Bottomless Tear Ducts - Ovaries optional - batteries not included)
but in some fic camps he's damned popular. Sigh.

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 27, 2004, 7:20:21 AM8/27/04
Lisa wrote:
<leetle snip>

> Ah, we all got a little jaded on here, on the subject of Daniel and also
> when we were invaded by shippers around the time of DaC>

Dude, you mean the shippers actually don't hang out here? I thought
there were plenty of shippers here already. Strike that, I just
remembered the gateworld forum, ugh.

<snippp>

> LOL, she can't stick too closely and he isn't hers. There is a queue and a
> strict rota for the sharing of Jackly Goodness. There have been rumours
> that Eva was the one who took the SBFG's, hence them not appearing on screen
> for many seasons, thus when the SHS's took place they were not as
> noticeable.>

I just remembered that I wanted to apologise to her for calling her Eve.
And I forgot. Doh. Thanks for reminding me.

> Of course Eva will totally deny this, but I remember when Ankh denied having
> the Chocolate Dipped Major Davis that we used to share and she finally
> confessed to keeping him behing the settee and feeding him cheese and onion
> crisps for over week, this was after blaming the postman for kidnapping him!

Aw, I'm a big fan of Pooky, actually. A friend just recently handed over
the reigns of his website to someone with more time. I hope the new
webmaster keeps it in the manner to which is has been accustomed. ;) And
is this the same Ankh that mods over at OS? It's nice to know she's
finally gotten a Live Journal.

<Slut!Daniel>

> ROTFLOL! Do you remember Weebles? Weebles wobble but they don't fall down,
> that was their catch tune and it should be his. The amount that fanficcers
> throw at that guy, yet he still keeps on going. Throw him off a cliff,
> break an arm and a leg and concuss him and he'll still manage to translate
> those tablets so they can dial home. >

AND still have enough energy to be seduced by Mary Sue, Marty Stu, Jack,
Teal'c, Sam, General Hammond, Siler, and Thor. At the same time. Gotta
love a guy with stamina like that.

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 27, 2004, 7:38:59 AM8/27/04
JRD wrote:

Waitaminnit, Elyse, Lisa wasn't saying it was true, we were just
talking, no biggie. I've been trying to pin down what's changed about AT
for a coupla years now and she said maybe it was a face lift and I
thought she might be right. AND we might be totally wrong, too. In the
end it doesn't really matter because we were just throwing around
conjecture. And I'll tell you something, if I had the money for a
facelift, I'd be spending it on my ass. I could do with a little nip
tuck, a lot of us could, and it doesn't mean I don't respect Amanda any
less for being normal. She's just got a little more money and a lot more
pressure than most of us, that's all. If fans can still love Cher after
all the work she's had done then I reserve the right to adore AT whether
she's had work or not but I also reserve the right to discuss her with
other fans. We don't exactly have torches and pitchforks, here, you know?

Lisa

Aug 27, 2004, 7:48:50 AM8/27/04
Pitcher wrote

> Dude, you mean the shippers actually don't hang out here? I thought
> there were plenty of shippers here already. Strike that, I just
> remembered the gateworld forum, ugh.

Diane does, she's on holiday atm though, Erika used to hang out, but I think
she struggles to get ng's other than through Google which is pretty useless.

Newsgroups have a reputation among fandom, this one in particular and you
pretty much find people stay away from it. To be honest I think newsgroups
scare them to some degree because there is no moderation, which personally
for me is one of the biggest pluses, being a grown up I actually like to
decide for myself whether I can say something and what language to use. If
I want to call someone an arrogant wanker I can <g>. I've always found
arguments flare up, last a few days and disappear, passions don't run so
high and I do think to a degree it's because people get it out of their
system, there is no opression of thought or word. There are people here I
wouldn't give time of day to, I'm sure you read some of it all a while back,
but that's what killfiles are for and I sure aint giving up my pleasure just
for them.

Shippers think we're anti ship here so don't come, Danielites think Daniel
is disliked so won't come etc. The reality is that we're just a buch of
people who talk about the show and what we see, no little groups and sub
groups. Some of us have preferences, but on the whole we're an openminded
bunch.

> I just remembered that I wanted to apologise to her for calling her Eve.
> And I forgot. Doh. Thanks for reminding me.

LOL, she has a son called Adam, so now we have Adam and Eve <g>

> Aw, I'm a big fan of Pooky, actually. A friend just recently handed over
> the reigns of his website to someone with more time. I hope the new
> webmaster keeps it in the manner to which is has been accustomed.

Is that a Colin website or a Major D website?

;) And
> is this the same Ankh that mods over at OS? It's nice to know she's
> finally gotten a Live Journal.

It is, she was here for quite some time, I really ought to prod her some
more to come back, we used to have such fun. She did us some wonderful web
pages for the Toek'ra (dedicated to Daniel's toes) and The Armeary
(dedicated to the wonderful attributes of Jacks physical perfection). I
shall have to go and read her LJ.

> AND still have enough energy to be seduced by Mary Sue, Marty Stu, Jack,
> Teal'c, Sam, General Hammond, Siler, and Thor. At the same time. Gotta
> love a guy with stamina like that.

Hee hee, and you can guarantee that at some point he'll say "J'ck" in a
weak, but determined voice and Jack will reply "Hey Big Guy" whilst cradling
his too light body in his arms <g>

Lisa

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 27, 2004, 10:09:17 AM8/27/04
JRD wrote:

> Depends on what show you watch. Okay, I think Teal'c should tone it down, and
> MS shoudl too, and Jack, he's okay, but I'm going with Major Sheppard from
> Atlantis <G>

*horrified gasp* Heathen! Actually, no, I'm lying, Major Sheppard is
cute. Wooden as a 2x4 but cute.

And doesn't he look just like Kyan from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?
When the trailers first started up for SGA I thought 'Queer Eye for the
Gate Guy, cool!'

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 27, 2004, 6:05:39 PM8/27/04
Lisa wrote:

> Pitcher wrote
<a whole lotta crap and much snippage ensued>

*notices various comments about SexSlave!MS at end of post*
*notices who made them*
*groans*

Oh man. Well, since I have to admit to this thread in the harsh light of
day (note to self: never drink and post, it always ends bad) I'm going
to go on the defensive... well, somewhat defensive... alright not
defensive but I'm going to be somewhat assertive and ask a question. So
there.

> I definitely don't think his posture helps, but even that belly can't be
> explained away with just bad posture.>>

The more I thought about this the more it just didn't really make sense.
No, I don't mean your sentence here but the whole tummy bulge thingie.
It's weird. So there's picture proof on the screen that MS looks like he
has this big belly, right? And Affinity was apparently filmed back
around the beginning of July, right? So, I was reading this thread and
Missy and God, I mean Jesus, were chatting about this and the link Missy
offered up sorta straightened me out. Except not really. Because how the
hell does someone lose that much weight in a month and all in the waist
area even? See, there on the link below is MS at Creation Con in Jersey,
three weeks ago, August 7-8. And he must have seen the dailies from
Affinity and decided he was going to have to prove that he's not fat or
something because notice how often he flashes the belly? Oh yeah, the
shirt just /happens/ to keep riding up. Again and again and again.

I'm sorry, what was the question again?

http://www.mishtopia.com/NJCon/Album/MichaelShanks/index.html

There's seven pages. Don't miss the good pics. Yes, I'm human and my own
shallowness surprises me sometimes.

<snip>

Well, in my experience of being married to a man who does like the odd
> pint or two <g>, the quickest way to gain a belly is to drink beer, we all
> know Michael likes his beer and has done mucho drinking of the stuff this
> summer at various cons and events. It is also one of the quickest way to
> lose weight by simply stopping drinking the stuff, personally that's the way
> I would explain it, bad posture and too much beer.>

So /was it/ really quick weight loss then? Because I'm going to be
really freaked out if we continue seeing the bulge all the way through
End Game later this season and yet pics of MS at his con appearances are
going to continue to make him look svelte. Or :boggles: what if the
Belly of Doom actually keeps looking bigger and bigger on the show?
Maybe MS and Daniel aren't the same person after all or mayyyyybe
RepliCarter isn't the trump card for the season. Maybe Daniel's the
Replicator. You KNOW how the Replicators like to eat! Ack, I /so/ have
this season pinned down now*! Must...tell...everybody...

-Pitch
*no
--
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good."

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 6:10:27 PM8/27/04
Pitcher Catcher <sem...@sbcBRAINglobal.net> thus spoke on Fri, 27 Aug
2004 22:05:39 GMT:

>Because how the
>hell does someone lose that much weight in a month and all in the waist
>area even?

The Abs+ program from Greensplus. It's amazing. I lost 4 inches in the
first couple of weeks, another 2 by the end of 8 weeks. No major
change to my diet or exercise, just helped burnt the annoying bits.

Ridge 'proudly fitting in his 34" jeans without a bulge'
--
C.

HVC VENITE PVERI, VT VIRI SITIS

Lisa

Aug 27, 2004, 6:21:37 PM8/27/04
Ridge wrote

> >Because how the
> >hell does someone lose that much weight in a month and all in the waist
> >area even?
>

> The Abs+ program from Greensplus. It's amazing. I lost 4 inches in the
> first couple of weeks, another 2 by the end of 8 weeks. No major
> change to my diet or exercise, just helped burnt the annoying bits.
>
> Ridge 'proudly fitting in his 34" jeans without a bulge'

BWAAHHAAAHAAA!

I took that a totally different way to how you meant it <wg>

Lisa

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 6:22:14 PM8/27/04
"Lisa" <lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> thus spoke on Fri, 27 Aug
2004 23:21:37 +0100:

you're just dirty .... <g>

Pitcher Catcher

Aug 27, 2004, 6:33:24 PM8/27/04
jesus X wrote:

<<I'm 6'4", and while I'm really broad on
> top, I'm also narrow in the waist and hips, a lot like MS here. Although he's
> not quite as disproportionate as I seem to be. At 6'4" and 230, I wear a 34-36
> inch waist jean (depending on how big the inches they used were), and XXL shirts
> for my shoulders. The shirts tent out and make me look fat, so I wind up playing
> seamstress so they fit better, and even with a well toned body, we can't all be
> FLAT up front, it just doesn't happen, so I understand EXACTLY why Shanks looks
> like he does. He's bulkier than his body would normally be, and in the stomach
> area it looks odd at some angles.>

Hey buddy Jesus, don't take this the wrong way but you sound really...
interesting to look at. I didn't want to say hot cos you might kick my
virtual ass. ;) But seriously, I know exactly what you mean about the
disproportionate body type. One of my ex's had a really small waist and
long long legs and finding the right fit was almost impossible.

<He's still a good looking guy, from a completely hetero point of view.
:) >>

See, and I think it takes balls for one guy to say that about another
one, particularly if they're both straight. But if RDA and DSD and PDL
and CJ call all make random comments about how hot MS is then I think
you're in good company.

-Pitch

Lisa

Aug 27, 2004, 6:39:57 PM8/27/04
Ridge wrote

"
> >BWAAHHAAAHAAA!
> >
> >I took that a totally different way to how you meant it <wg>
> >
> >Lisa
> >

> you're just dirty .... <g>

*giggle*

Lisa

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 6:40:21 PM8/27/04
"Lisa" <lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> thus spoke on Fri, 27 Aug
2004 23:39:57 +0100:

btw ... I don't know what every bodies going on about, MS looks great.
If he's put on a few pounds, who really cares? The only time it would
matter to me is if he's going to be in another nude scene ...

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 6:42:53 PM8/27/04
Pitcher Catcher <sem...@sbcBRAINglobal.net> thus spoke on Fri, 27 Aug
2004 22:33:24 GMT:

><<I'm 6'4", and while I'm really broad on
>> top, I'm also narrow in the waist and hips, a lot like MS here. Although he's
>> not quite as disproportionate as I seem to be. At 6'4" and 230, I wear a 34-36
>> inch waist jean (depending on how big the inches they used were), and XXL shirts
>> for my shoulders. The shirts tent out and make me look fat, so I wind up playing
>> seamstress so they fit better, and even with a well toned body, we can't all be
>> FLAT up front, it just doesn't happen, so I understand EXACTLY why Shanks looks
>> like he does. He's bulkier than his body would normally be, and in the stomach
>> area it looks odd at some angles.>
>
>Hey buddy Jesus, don't take this the wrong way but you sound really...
>interesting to look at. I didn't want to say hot cos you might kick my
>virtual ass. ;)

ok, I'll say it ...

Jesus you're one sexy MF & I don't care who knows it.

Now http://www.nakedjesus.com/ is taken but we can work something out
if you're willing to shake your money maker for the ladies.

Lisa

Aug 27, 2004, 6:55:28 PM8/27/04
Ridge wrote

> btw ... I don't know what every bodies going on about, MS looks great.
> If he's put on a few pounds, who really cares? The only time it would
> matter to me is if he's going to be in another nude scene ...

I don';t think anybody really does care one way or another, it was just
something to talk about.

Lisa

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 6:51:54 PM8/27/04
"Lisa" <lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> thus spoke on Fri, 27 Aug
2004 23:55:28 +0100:

ok, then lets go back to talking about my body ... it makes me feel
better.

Eva

Aug 27, 2004, 6:55:47 PM8/27/04
"Lisa" <lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Are you saying we are so bored that we'll discuss something as uninteresting
as MS's stomach?

Eva"not bored, just tired"
--
Join the Stargate SG-1 SETI@home Team
http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah/team_display.php?teamid=30516

Eva

Aug 27, 2004, 7:04:14 PM8/27/04
"Ridge" <notmyre...@thisismyurl.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> ok, then lets go back to talking about my body ... it makes me feel
> better.

Wow! What a body...

Eva"feeling better?"

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 7:06:54 PM8/27/04
"Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug 2004
00:04:14 +0100:

>"Ridge" <notmyre...@thisismyurl.com> wrote in message
>
><snip>
>
>> ok, then lets go back to talking about my body ... it makes me feel
>> better.
>
>Wow! What a body...
>
>Eva"feeling better?"

thank you. now we can go back to our regularly scheduled nitpicking.

Eva

Aug 27, 2004, 7:12:04 PM8/27/04

> "Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug 2004
> 00:04:14 +0100:
>

> >"Ridge" <notmyre...@thisismyurl.com> wrote in message
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >> ok, then lets go back to talking about my body ... it makes me feel
> >> better.
> >
> >Wow! What a body...
> >
> >Eva"feeling better?"
>
> thank you. now we can go back to our regularly scheduled nitpicking.

Of your body?

Eva

Lisa

Aug 27, 2004, 7:19:46 PM8/27/04
Eva wrote

> Are you saying we are so bored that we'll discuss something as
uninteresting
> as MS's stomach?

LOL! I'm sure his many fans think it is incredibly interesting.

> Eva"not bored, just tired"

<sigh> Me too, really want to go to bed.

Lisa

Lisa

Aug 27, 2004, 7:20:33 PM8/27/04
Ridge wrote

> >Hey buddy Jesus, don't take this the wrong way but you sound really...
> >interesting to look at. I didn't want to say hot cos you might kick my
> >virtual ass. ;)
>
> ok, I'll say it ...
>
> Jesus you're one sexy MF & I don't care who knows it.
>
> Now http://www.nakedjesus.com/ is taken but we can work something out
> if you're willing to shake your money maker for the ladies.

Have you been drinking? If not, what have you done with Ridge and can we
have him back soon please????

Lisa

Eva

Aug 27, 2004, 7:18:05 PM8/27/04

> Eva wrote
>

> > Are you saying we are so bored that we'll discuss something as
> uninteresting
> > as MS's stomach?
> >

> LOL! I'm sure his many fans think it is incredibly interesting.

Um, and that's why they are not joining this discussion, right? :-)

> > Eva"not bored, just tired"
>
> <sigh> Me too, really want to go to bed.

Yep, I really *should* go to bed but it takes effort to get up to go
there...

Eva

Eva

Aug 27, 2004, 7:19:44 PM8/27/04
"Lisa" <lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Hey, that's nothing, you should have seen it when he <censored> ...

Eva"I swear it's true"

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 7:22:32 PM8/27/04
"Lisa" <lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug
2004 00:20:33 +0100:

>Ridge wrote
>

>> >Hey buddy Jesus, don't take this the wrong way but you sound really...
>> >interesting to look at. I didn't want to say hot cos you might kick my
>> >virtual ass. ;)
>>
>> ok, I'll say it ...
>>
>> Jesus you're one sexy MF & I don't care who knows it.
>>
>> Now http://www.nakedjesus.com/ is taken but we can work something out
>> if you're willing to shake your money maker for the ladies.
>
>Have you been drinking?

lol ... <ridge looks at the bottle of wine and then back at the empty
one in kitchen> ... um ... maybe.

>If not, what have you done with Ridge and can we
>have him back soon please????

are you saying you wouldn't pay to see Jesus shake his money maker? I
see ... it's not bad enough that my cunning plans are critiqued by my
wife, now I have to put up with it on the Internet ...

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 7:23:32 PM8/27/04
"Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug 2004
00:12:04 +0100:

>"Ridge" <notmyre...@thisismyurl.com> wrote in message
>> "Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug 2004
>> 00:04:14 +0100:
>>

>> >"Ridge" <notmyre...@thisismyurl.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> ><snip>

>> >Wow! What a body...
>> >
>> >Eva"feeling better?"
>>
>> thank you. now we can go back to our regularly scheduled nitpicking.
>
>Of your body?
>
>Eva

oi! I'll have you know that I'm working very hard to become the man of
your dreams before the first snow fall.

I was planning a whole photo spread but now ... you can forget it.

Eva

Aug 27, 2004, 7:24:32 PM8/27/04

> "Lisa" <lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug
> 2004 00:20:33 +0100:

<snip>

> >Have you been drinking?
>
> lol ... <ridge looks at the bottle of wine and then back at the empty
> one in kitchen> ... um ... maybe.
>
> >If not, what have you done with Ridge and can we
> >have him back soon please????
> >

> are you saying you wouldn't pay to see Jesus shake his money maker? I
> see ... it's not bad enough that my cunning plans are critiqued by my
> wife, now I have to put up with it on the Internet ...

Oh, you poor, poor man! Would you like another drink?

Eva

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 7:27:02 PM8/27/04
"Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug 2004
00:24:32 +0100:

>> are you saying you wouldn't pay to see Jesus shake his money maker? I
>> see ... it's not bad enough that my cunning plans are critiqued by my
>> wife, now I have to put up with it on the Internet ...
>
>Oh, you poor, poor man! Would you like another drink?

I received a crate of wine from my family in Niagara today, we've been
'sampling' since about um ... supper time (your time of course) ...
maybe this isn't the best time to be on the Internet.

Eva

Aug 27, 2004, 7:30:07 PM8/27/04

> "Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug 2004
> 00:12:04 +0100:
>

> >"Ridge" <notmyre...@thisismyurl.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> >> thank you. now we can go back to our regularly scheduled nitpicking.
> >
> >Of your body?
>

> oi! I'll have you know that I'm working very hard to become the man of
> your dreams before the first snow fall.

But, darling, you already are the man of my dreams! (The payment for me
saying that is in the post, I trust?)

> I was planning a whole photo spread but now ... you can forget it.

LOL, a nice choice of word there, spread. <r>

Not to change the subject or anything but have you seen any polar bears
rummaging through your rubbish yet?

Eva

Aug 27, 2004, 7:34:23 PM8/27/04

> "Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug 2004
> 00:24:32 +0100:
>

> >> are you saying you wouldn't pay to see Jesus shake his money maker? I
> >> see ... it's not bad enough that my cunning plans are critiqued by my
> >> wife, now I have to put up with it on the Internet ...
> >
> >Oh, you poor, poor man! Would you like another drink?
>
> I received a crate of wine from my family in Niagara today, we've been
> 'sampling' since about um ... supper time (your time of course) ...

<translation> We've been drinking non-stop since breakfast...

> maybe this isn't the best time to be on the Internet.

Hey, Weyoun drinks, smokes c and posts all at the same time and no harm
done, usually. Of course, in the case of others you are right. <g>

Eva"totally sober, unfortunately"

Ridge

Aug 27, 2004, 7:41:13 PM8/27/04
"Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> thus spoke on Sat, 28 Aug 2004
00:30:07 +0100:

>Not to change the subject or anything but have you seen any polar bears
>rummaging through your rubbish yet?

No, I live way to south for polar bears. We've basically at the same
latitude as southern England here, further south than some states.

Now, that said ... I'm out in the middle of nowhere compared to the
rest of the world and we do have bears wander into the garbage dump
just out side of town.

There are moose that wander into some of the backyards on the north
side of town and you have to be careful cycling past the back of my
house because there have been deer wander this far into town.

On the other hand, the entire town is WiFi enabled so my laptop is
connected 24 hours a day, no matter where I am. Funny story, I was
waiting on a taxiway about two weeks ago and had my headgear off while
I readjusted my straps, a 'ping' sound came from behind my seat and I
had to tell the tower to delay my position until I found the alarm
(thinking it was something that could kill me). It just kept going off
... took me about 3 minutes to realize it was my iBook, my mother was
IM'ing me.

Darin Johnson

Aug 27, 2004, 11:10:25 PM8/27/04
"Eva" <eva1rem...@ukonline.co.uk> writes:

> Wow! What a body...

Surely you meant "What? A body?"

--
Darin Johnson
Gravity is a harsh mistress -- The Tick

Darph Bobo

Aug 27, 2004, 11:25:22 PM8/27/04
Don't you think one of us is enough?

Go find your own nick.

Darph

Missy

Aug 28, 2004, 3:37:57 AM8/28/04

"Pitcher Catcher" <sem...@sbcBRAINglobal.net> wrote in message
<<<<<<<<<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
> So /was it/ really quick weight loss then? Because I'm going to be
> really freaked out if we continue seeing the bulge all the way through
> End Game later this season and yet pics of MS at his con appearances are
> going to continue to make him look svelte. Or :boggles: what if the
> Belly of Doom actually keeps looking bigger and bigger on the show?
> Maybe MS and Daniel aren't the same person after all or mayyyyybe
> RepliCarter isn't the trump card for the season. Maybe Daniel's the
> Replicator. You KNOW how the Replicators like to eat! Ack, I /so/ have
> this season pinned down now*! Must...tell...everybody...
>
> -Pitch

:-D

Oh my god, I think you've figured it out! Wow, they really had us fooled,
those clever Stargate writers. :)

Missy

Aug 28, 2004, 3:37:58 AM8/28/04

> jesus X wrote:
>
> <<I'm 6'4", and while I'm really broad on
> > top, I'm also narrow in the waist and hips, a lot like MS here. Although
he's
> > not quite as disproportionate as I seem to be. At 6'4" and 230, I wear a
34-36
> > inch waist jean (depending on how big the inches they used were), and
XXL shirts
> > for my shoulders. The shirts tent out and make me look fat, so I wind up
playing
> > seamstress so they fit better, and even with a well toned body, we can't
all be
> > FLAT up front, it just doesn't happen, so I understand EXACTLY why
Shanks looks
> > like he does. He's bulkier than his body would normally be, and in the
stomach
> > area it looks odd at some angles.>
>
> Hey buddy Jesus, don't take this the wrong way but you sound really...
> interesting to look at. I didn't want to say hot cos you might kick my
> virtual ass. ;)

I didn't want to say it, but yeah, I agree with Pitcher here.... ;-)

> <He's still a good looking guy, from a completely hetero point of view.
> :) >>
>
> See, and I think it takes balls for one guy to say that about another
> one, particularly if they're both straight. But if RDA and DSD and PDL
> and CJ call all make random comments about how hot MS is then I think
> you're in good company.
>
> -Pitch

This is true and in all seriousness I admire it when a guy can do
that...from a completely hetero point of view. :-)

Darph Bobo

Aug 28, 2004, 4:54:49 AM8/28/04

You seriously need to learn to stop whining, you know my first
instinct is to tell you to get bent Bozo! But no I'm going to try very
hard to be nice.

So here it is, I've been using this nym since the first episode of
TTR. But that's not the issue is it?
You know I've subscribed and watched this group on and off for years
but out of courtesy before posting here over a month ago I checked for
anyone else posting using the same or similar nym and your sorry clown
ass never turned up.
Also, I posted here over a month ago and then again and again over the
last week all this and never hearing a complaint from you or anyone
else. So where were you Bozo?

Now maybe you did post and I missed it, if that's the case I
apologize. Unintentional nym collisions happen on the net from time to
time get used to it and get over it.

As for your attitude....you'd be wise to watch your tongue with me.

Darph Bobo
The Supreme Dark Clown

Diane

Aug 28, 2004, 9:22:18 AM8/28/04
On 27/8/04 11:20 am, in article
kVDXc.5797$pq5....@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com, "Pitcher Catcher"
<sem...@sbcBRAINglobal.net> wrote:
>> You're new here (although for some reason I have this strange feeling that
>> you used to post here under a different nick) so I'll let you off. :-)>
>
> I think you mentioned that before or someone else did about me possibly
> posting here under a different nick. If you're talking usenet circa
> 94-95 then yes, that was me. Otherwise, no, sorry. Real Life, the
> bastard, has had it's rotten mitts on me for far too long and the only
> reason I'm really here atm is because I finally found the hobby time
> hiding under my couch cushions. Otherwise, yes this is a pseud and I use
> it because these aren't my usual stomping grounds. I don't want my
> real id in other places to mar my opinions here. Anyway, I'm hoping the
> person I'm being compared to wasn't a raving lunatic ballbuster but I
> guess someone will tell me eventually if I'm being an asshole. People
> are useful like that.

Have to say I thought I recognized the "tone of voice" too - was trying
remember who else on here had recommended Jenkin's "textual poachers" not
*many* people in fandom take their interest that seriously <g> or maybe
yours is professional? Media studies?

Have to admit I went from laughing at fic > to reading it > to reading about
it. Have discovered reading fic affects my enjoyment of the shows I watch -
creates expectations plot wise and detracts from the fact that this is media
sci fi - not print - so the whole SFX expereince is a major part of the
storytelling.... For me - prefer now to let the paid storytellers do their
work.

Still find fans and fandom fascinating though.....

Diane (UK)

Diane

Aug 28, 2004, 9:29:26 AM8/28/04
On 27/8/04 12:48 pm, in article 2p8leoF...@uni-berlin.de, "Lisa"
<lisa.dug...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Pitcher wrote
>
>> Dude, you mean the shippers actually don't hang out here? I thought
>> there were plenty of shippers here already. Strike that, I just
>> remembered the gateworld forum, ugh.
>
> Diane does, she's on holiday atm though, Erika used to hang out, but I think
> she struggles to get ng's other than through Google which is pretty useless.

I'm back - but trying to stay spoiler free... And yes, still love the old
Sam / Jack storyline - anything which adds a bit of human drama and angst.
Still think It would have been nice to keep Jonas tho. They could have had
both Daniel and Sam making doe eyes at him ... That would have been
interesting <g>

> Newsgroups have a reputation among fandom, this one in particular and you
> pretty much find people stay away from it. To be honest I think newsgroups
> scare them to some degree because there is no moderation, which personally
> for me is one of the biggest pluses, being a grown up I actually like to
> decide for myself whether I can say something and what language to use. If
> I want to call someone an arrogant wanker I can <g>. I've always found
> arguments flare up, last a few days and disappear, passions don't run so
> high and I do think to a degree it's because people get it out of their
> system, there is no opression of thought or word. There are people here I
> wouldn't give time of day to, I'm sure you read some of it all a while back,
> but that's what killfiles are for and I sure aint giving up my pleasure just
> for them.

Yeah for killfiles!! wish we'd had that facility on holiday when stuck with
the most boring couple in the universe at meals a few times......

diane

Diane

Aug 28, 2004, 9:30:38 AM8/28/04
On 27/8/04 3:09 pm, in article
hgHXc.13723$I34....@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com, "Pitcher Catcher"
<sem...@sbcBRAINglobal.net> wrote:

> JRD wrote:
>>

>> Depends on what show you watch. Okay, I think Teal'c should tone it down, and
>> MS shoudl too, and Jack, he's okay, but I'm going with Major Sheppard from
>> Atlantis <G>
>
> *horrified gasp* Heathen! Actually, no, I'm lying, Major Sheppard is
> cute. Wooden as a 2x4 but cute.
>
> And doesn't he look just like Kyan from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?
> When the trailers first started up for SGA I thought 'Queer Eye for the
> Gate Guy, cool!'

Lol - he is cute in a toy boyish kinda way - my kids will love him - I
thought he looked like Will from Will and Grace......

diane

Darph Bobo

Aug 28, 2004, 9:49:44 AM8/28/04
Darph Bobo wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:25:22 -0400, "Darph Bobo"
> <da...@darkclowns.org> wrote:
>
>> Don't you think one of us is enough?
>>
>> Go find your own nick.
>>

>> Darph
>>

> You seriously need to learn to stop whining, you know my first
> instinct is to tell you to get bent Bozo! But no I'm going to try very
> hard to be nice.

Nice?? Time to turn in the clown outfit.

> So here it is, I've been using this nym since the first episode of
> TTR. But that's not the issue is it?

That's nice - another clown's had it since 2001:
http://www.google.com/groups?q=author:darph+author:bobo&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=28&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2001&selm=b00d2e0c.0108021102.750adc0e%40posting.google.com&rnum=1

> You know I've subscribed and watched this group on and off for years
> but out of courtesy before posting here over a month ago I checked for
> anyone else posting using the same or similar nym and your sorry clown
> ass never turned up.

If you'd get the Choad-snot out of your eyes, maybe you'd notice things.

> Also, I posted here over a month ago and then again and again over the
> last week all this and never hearing a complaint from you or anyone
> else. So where were you Bozo?

Not at home - you've seen Bernice, right?

> Now maybe you did post and I missed it, if that's the case I
> apologize. Unintentional nym collisions happen on the net from time to
> time get used to it and get over it.

You know, you spend time trying to come up with a nick that matches your
personality and what happens? Every clown in the universe picks it too.

> As for your attitude....you'd be wise to watch your tongue with me.

I just can't keep a straight face while reading that line.

Darph

kev

Aug 28, 2004, 10:03:05 AM8/28/04
On 28 Aug 2004, the world was enlightened by Darph Bobo's opinion
about...

hmmm... Episode II: The Clown Wars??

kev

--
Civilization.

An organized system of alternatives to the stone age - CJCherryh

The Eeeevil Cabal's Nine of Spades

Declared Hero of alt.tv.star-trek.tos by the ToolPackinMama on 14.09.2003
Deliverer of the Comfy Pillow

jesus X

Aug 28, 2004, 11:59:00 PM8/28/04
On 8/27/2004 6:33 PM Pitcher Catcher cranked up the brainbox and said:

> jesus X wrote:
> Hey buddy Jesus, don't take this the wrong way but you sound really...
> interesting to look at. I didn't want to say hot cos you might kick my
> virtual ass. ;)

Hah! I've been hit on by guys before, I just politely decline, and point out
they don't have the chromosomes I'm looking for. :)

> But seriously, I know exactly what you mean about the
> disproportionate body type. One of my ex's had a really small waist and
> long long legs and finding the right fit was almost impossible.

It is a bitch. I don't have a _really_ small waist, but when you get to a 36
length for pants, the waists tend to be 40+, and at my max I _barely_ took a 38,
so...

Speaking of clothes, I will admit I like the look of those cargo pants and
shirts they have at the SGC. :)

> See, and I think it takes balls for one guy to say that about another
> one, particularly if they're both straight. But if RDA and DSD and PDL
> and CJ call all make random comments about how hot MS is then I think
> you're in good company.

I have little-to-no eye for men. Most guys just look like guys. Occasionally a
guy will jump out, and you can say, "wow, that's a really handsome dude." Dan
Rather and Harrison Ford, they're very manly looking guys. Robert Redford is a
handsome guy, obviously. But on average, Tom Cruise, Antonio Banderas, all the
"hot" Hollywood guys just look like another schlub to me.

Conversely, I find _most_ women attractive, in innumerable ways. The redhead on
SG1 a couple weeks ago (Amy Sloan), and the one on SGA this week, especially.
Wow. And I died for a second look at Allison Hossack in SGA last week (remember
her? She was in SG1 Season 6's "Cure"). :)

--
jesus X [ Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism. ]
email [ jesus_x @ mozillanews.org ]
web [ http://www.mozillanews.org ]
insult [ As usual, you've been a real pantload. ]
warning [ Don't touch that! You might mutate your fingers. ]

jesus X

Aug 29, 2004, 12:00:42 AM8/29/04
On 8/27/2004 6:42 PM Ridge cranked up the brainbox and said:
> Now http://www.nakedjesus.com/ is taken but we can work something out
> if you're willing to shake your money maker for the ladies.

I'll shake it for anyone who wants to stuff $20's in my thong.

Darph Bobo

Aug 29, 2004, 1:21:38 AM8/29/04

"kev" <k...@erewhon.net> wrote in message

Oh look... It's Choad in disguise

Darph

Tim McDaniel

Aug 29, 2004, 12:30:32 AM8/29/04
In article <8wcYc.2693$4m2.1803@trnddc01>,

jesus X <jes...@mozillanews.org> wrote:
>Hah! I've been hit on by guys before, I just politely decline, and
>point out they don't have the chromosomes I'm looking for.

Well, to be precise, you're presumably looking for X chromosomes and
they all have them. You merely want *only* X sex chromosomes.

--
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tm...@panix.com

It is loading more messages.