JFK Assassination Forum Archives -- Misc. Topics Of Interest (Part 15)

David Von Pein

May 4, 2007, 1:55:08 AM5/4/07
ARCHIVED JFK ASSASSINATION FORUM POSTS OF INTEREST (PART 15):

DEBATING THE JOHN F. KENNEDY CASE (PARTS 1 THROUGH 60):
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/d64779e514304326

BATTLING CTer MENTAL HEALTH (AGAIN):
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/611686941dd66a35
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/dac7686fd14466e9
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/2c44c45783e787da
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/f280cab7dc2449c9
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/f91f6775d43211e3
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/888bde2d1ddf0fb6
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/90f88dd692dd3604
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/189cef8ffd981928

THE BOOK DEPOSITORY'S SOFT-DRINK MACHINES:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/dd17c3781819b6d5
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/764ae514bbdb9af7
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/fb04d259c1c218eb
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/7d4dac8e83d2d4d2
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/abab2d726fc3819e

A LITTLE BIT OF "RECLAIMING HISTORY" HUMOR:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/79fb1c1d69e7e3ae

MORE "VB"/"RECLAIMING" TALK:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/72f91ccf7edd0d24
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/a4685ce46726b788
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/51b75e960bf9cf06

"ZAPRUDER FILM FAKERY" -- IT MUST'VE BEEN DONE BY A BAND OF IDIOTS:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/a0106ea97c9d04c2

THE "SECOND OSWALD":
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/0bbf9e9fe98a9bb7

David Von Pein

Jan 10, 2014, 12:40:01 AM1/10/14

http://Amazon.com/forum/history/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx33HXI3XVZDC8G&cdMsgID=Mx1ADREQI33UKMW&cdMsgNo=4826&cdPage=194&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1UOFP7W4CBPU#Mx1ADREQI33UKMW

http://Amazon.com/forum/history/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx33HXI3XVZDC8G&cdMsgID=Mx3J903MQW2ITJI&cdMsgNo=4833&cdPage=194&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1UOFP7W4CBPU#Mx3J903MQW2ITJI

Some evidence that the "Oswald weapon" was not even fired that day [11/22/63] was given by our old friend Robert Frazier, not exactly a guy we expect to be giving testimony that favors Oswald.

From: http://www.giljesus.com/jfk/rifle.htm ....

"Frazier KNEW when he visually inspected the rifle that rust in the barrel meant that the rifle had not been fired, because just one round fired through it would have removed all rust. The fact that he visually saw rust in the barrel made it clear to him that there was no need to conduct a "swab test" to test for metal shavings and fouling in the barrel." - Gil Jesus

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

As usual, a conspiracy theorist (in the above case, Gil J. Jesus), has misrepresented the facts.

Robert A. Frazier never once said in his Warren Commission testimony that he found "rust" in the barrel of Oswald's CE139 Carcano rifle. Frazier said the barrel showed some "wear" and "corrosion", but nowhere did he say the barrel had "rust" in it. He said "IF a barrel is allowed to rust...", but he was not implying that Oswald's rifle had rust in it.

Maybe Gil Jesus should learn how to read better---and how to comprehend better too.

GARRY PUFFER SAID:

Of course he was implying that. Why would he [Bob Frazier] mention rust if it had nothing to do with what he was being asked?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Yes, I can see your point on this. But since I firmly believe that Oswald's rifle WAS definitely fired on 11/22/63 (and the front-seat bullet fragments which were traced back to LHO's gun provide the proof that it was fired that day), obviously I cannot believe that that same gun could have had rust in its barrel when Bob Frazier examined it the very next day, particularly if this statement by Frazier is 100% accurate:

"If a barrel is allowed to rust, one round will remove that rust and wear the barrel to the same extent as 10 or 15 or 50 rounds just fired through a clean barrel." -- Robert Frazier; 1964 [at 3 H 395]

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh3/html/WC_Vol3_0202a.htm

I think Frazier was speaking in terms of general rifle barrel characteristics when he used the word "rust" in his above WC testimony.

In other words, given Frazier's "50 to 1" ratio regarding a rusty barrel vs. a clean barrel, Frazier therefore can't possibly say for sure how many rounds were fired through LHO's rifle (or ANY rifle really, when you come to think about it), because Frazier can't possibly know if the gun had been allowed to become rusty at some previous time (possibly many years earlier), with the gun then being cleaned free of all rust by the owner, and then the "rusty then clean" cycle could be repeated numerous times over a period of years.

And CE139 was made in 1940, so for all Bob Frazier knew, 23 years worth of "rusty then clean" cycles could have taken place prior to the assassination in 1963.