Reclaiming-Parkland-Bugliosi... "Reclaiming Parkland details the failed attempt of Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman..."

aeffects

Jul 21, 2013, 12:52:00 AM7/21/13
http://www.amazon.com/Reclaiming-Parkland-Bugliosi-Assassination-Hollywood/dp/1626365334/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374379452&sr=1-1&keywords=Reclaiming+Parkland

A hard-hitting, one-of-a-kind look at how Hollywood and the mainstream media are getting the Kennedy assassination all wrong!

Reclaiming Parkland details the failed attempt of Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman—cofounder of the production company Playtone—to make Vincent Bugliosi’s mammoth book about the Kennedy assassination, Reclaiming History, into a miniseries. It exposes the questionable origins of Reclaiming History in a dubious mock trial for cable television, in which Bugliosi played the role of an attorney prosecuting Lee Harvey Oswald for murder, and how this formed the basis for the epic tome. Author James DiEugenio details the myriad problems with Bugliosi’s book, and explores the cooperation of the mainstream press in concealing these many faults during the publicity campaign for the book and how this lack of scrutiny led Hanks and Goetzman to purchase the film rights. DiEugenio then shows how the film eventually adapted from that book, entitled Parkland, does not even resemble Reclaiming History, though the script for that film displays the same imbalance that Reclaiming History does.

Carry on nutters!

aeffects

Jul 21, 2013, 8:57:51 PM7/21/13
C'mon David Von Pein, Bugliosi needs you, here right now. How come you're hiding at that newly recreated bastion of learning at Education Forum?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jul 22, 2013, 2:04:18 AM7/22/13
I see Jim DiEugenio has now decided to attack Tom Hanks with some pretty severe criticism. Jimbo doesn't seem to care who he slanders, as long as it's somebody who has some common sense about Oswald's guilt in JFK's murder.

"What a complete jerk Hanks is." -- J. DiEugenio; 7/21/13

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?11892-Reclaiming-Parkland&p=72629#post72629

DiEugenio has evidently done a few weeks' worth of "research" on Mr. Hanks and his movie career, and Jimbo has now decided that Hanks is a "complete jerk". Jimmy D. is pathetic (of course).

Mr. Hanks, btw, is said by many people in Hollywood to be one of the nicest individuals in the whole movie business. Now, I'll admit, I have no idea if that appraisal of Tom H. is spot-on accurate or not. I've never met the man. But I have heard several people say a lot of good things about Tom Hanks.

Naturally, Jimmy D. thinks Hanks is a "complete jerk" because of Tom's stance on the JFK case. And now I see where DiEugenio is going to attack Vince Bugliosi some more on another non-JFK topic too -- the Manson case -- as Jimbo will apparently be making an attempt to smear Vince in some way regarding Bugliosi's prosecution of Charles Manson for the 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders.

So, if he can find a way to attack and smear Hanks and Bugliosi, he's evidently going to do it in his 2013 book "Reclaiming Parkland", which probably would be better suited for the supermarket tabloid magazine rack than it would be for the mainstream book-buying public.

An alternate title that would very likely fit the 500 or so pages of trash talk that are likely going to be inside DiEugenio's book would be: "Smearing Two Good Men For The Price Of One Crappy Book".

I cannot say with any authority what kind of Hollywood-type gossip and/or "dirt" DiEugenio has dug up about Tom Hanks, but I *can* say with some degree of authority that James DiEugenio is dead wrong about many of the things he says about Vincent Bugliosi. And I can say with absolute confidence that DiEugenio is totally wrong (and even *nuts*) about almost *everything* he believes regarding the JFK and J.D. Tippit murder cases.

Jimbo has proven to me time and time again in my online debates with him that he has virtually no capacity for properly and reasonably evaluating the evidence that exists in the JFK and Tippit cases.

And anyone who thinks I've overstated my criticism of DiEugenio's weak capacity for rational evidence evaluation in the Kennedy case only needs to glance at a few of these articles:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/04/dvp-vs-dieugenio-complete-series.html

Ben Holmes

Jul 22, 2013, 9:31:12 AM7/22/13
In article <707f741f-a68f-4cf9...@googlegroups.com>, aeffects
says...

>On Saturday, July 20, 2013 9:52:00 PM UTC-7, aeffects wrote:
>> http://www.amazon.com/Reclaiming-Parkland-Bugliosi-Assassination-
Hollywood/dp/1626365334/ref=3Dsr_1_1?s=3Dbooks&ie=3DUTF8&qid=3D1374379452&sr=3D1-
1&keywords=3DReclaiming+Parkland
>> A hard-hitting, one-of-a-kind look at how Hollywood and the mainstream media
>> are getting the Kennedy assassination all wrong!
>> Reclaiming Parkland details the failed attempt of Tom Hanks and Gary
>> Goetzman=97cofounder of the production company Playtone=97to make Vincent
>>Bugliosi=92s mammoth book about the Kennedy assassination, Reclaiming History,
>> into a miniseries. It exposes the questionable origins of Reclaiming History
>> in a dubious mock trial for cable television, in which Bugliosi played the
>> role of an attorney prosecuting Lee Harvey Oswald for murder, and how this
>> formed the basis for the epic tome. Author James DiEugenio details the myriad
>> problems with Bugliosi=92s book, and explores the cooperation of the
>> mainstream press in concealing these many faults during the publicity
>> campaign for the book and how this lack of scrutiny led Hanks and Goetzman
>> to purchase the film rights. DiEugenio then shows how the film eventually
>> adapted from that book, entitled Parkland, does not even resemble Reclaiming
>> History, though the script for that film displays the same imbalance that
>> Reclaiming History does.
>> Carry on nutters!
>
>C'mon David Von Pein, Bugliosi needs you, here right now. How come you're
>hiding at that newly recreated bastion of learning at Education Forum?

John took him out of the Amazon forums for agreeing with Mark Lane on Potter's
testimony.

It was a huge embarrassment for John.

Ben Holmes
Learn to Make Money with a Website - http://www.burningknife.com

aeffects

Jul 22, 2013, 9:36:34 AM7/22/13
ya didn't think when you created all those lone nut biased, LHO did it all by his lonesome--JFK assassination related websites, forums and blogs (not to mention the multitude of pro Warren Commission Report JFK assassination related book reviews) that it was going to be a walk in the park did ya?

Based on review of anti-WCR internet forums and blogs one could conclude Bugliosi and Hanks to be misguided, do-gooding media insiders representing money and clout. And susceptible to misdirection for profit and career advancement. Which is fine, the american way--profit for motive is capitalism and that son makes out world go round...

We understand your lone nut angst and criticism. Your frustration is born for a simple reason, you cannot support truth with Warren Commission lies. Therein lies your problem, I suspect even Bugliosi understands that. Ask him.

Jim DiEugenio is not your enemy, the WCR is.