[ANN] WebP QuickLook Plugin

Dmitry Chestnykh

May 3, 2011, 7:30:38 AM5/3/11
to WebP Discussion
Hello,

I wrote a QuickLook plugin for Mac OS X to generate thumbnails and
previews for WebP images.

Sources: https://github.com/dchest/webp-quicklook
Binaries: https://github.com/dchest/webp-quicklook/downloads

Have fun,
Dmitry Chestnykh

Pascal Massimino

May 3, 2011, 10:35:37 PM5/3/11
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
hi Dmitry,

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Dmitry Chestnykh <dch...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I wrote a QuickLook plugin for Mac OS X to generate thumbnails and
previews for WebP images.

Sources: https://github.com/dchest/webp-quicklook
Binaries: https://github.com/dchest/webp-quicklook/downloads

This is very nice, works as advertised!
Plus, all the icons for my webp file on my desktop are now populated with thumbnails!
Am i correct thinking that this also enable pre-visualization of webp files in the finder too?
(excuse my lack of knowledge around the MacOS / QuickLook interaction).

Thanks for writing this very useful plugin.

skal

Have fun,
Dmitry Chestnykh

Dmitry Chestnykh

May 4, 2011, 8:13:38 AM5/4/11
to WebP Discussion
Hello Pascal,

Thanks. Yes, icons bigger than 16x16 in Finder will now show images:
http://sellme.ru/pics/webp-quicklook-demo.webp

This works with CoverFlow too. It also works with programs that use
QuickLook, for example, Transmit.

-Dmitry